Chapter 20 – Luo Ji Cai’s visit (1)
6.9k 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the next few days, Hua Ming Zi continued to stay in Ying Mansion to recuperate and Ying Yan Long was unable to constantly come to check on her injuries.

The reason was - it was the exact time when the Ying Mansion held their once a year mineral medicine production.  The mineral medicine is the most precious medicine and it is also a medicine that was unique only to the Ying Family.  When all the precious minerals are gathered, the minerals had to be coated with special herbs under the sunlight.  After the minerals had softened, it had to be sealed in the furnace with mud and heated up.  Finally, the liquid collected from the steam will be added with agarwood, pearl, corals and a variety of powders, and then mixed with honey to form the base of the Ying Family’s precious medicines.  

It is one of the many steps required and if there is the slightest negligence, then the whole year’s collections and the effort spent would be for nothing. 

Moreover, now that Hua Ming Zi is recuperating from her injuries, the demand for this precious medicine had increased, therefore carelessness was unacceptable.

Because of this, Ying Yan Long together with several old herbalists and apprentices would stay in the medical courtyard, which was connected to Ying Mansion the whole day.   He was so busy that each day he would only have two sichen to handle business matters and take a rest.   Under such circumstances, other than allocating some time to pay a visit to Hua Ming Zi at night and look at her sleeping face, he was only able to know of her latest situation from Steward Zhu.  He was also informed about Ying Xue Wen’s abnormal behavior of showing no interest to step out of Ying Mansion.  

Steward Zhu told him that as long as Hua Dangjia was awake, Xue Wen would stay with her for a few sichen.  It was heard that the two people had a lot to talk about and Hua Ming Zi had started to handle the matters of the Hua Ji Restaurants.  It was because she still needed medical treatment, so she was unable to return to Hua Mansion.   She had also asked Steward Zhu to seek his approval for the Stewards of Hua Ji Restaurants to come to Ying Mansion to present their daily reports to her.

All this while, the rumors about the marriage between Ying Family and Hua Family had spread rapidly.  Since Ying Yan Long had confessed his feelings for her and firmly believed that she is his woman, so naturally, he was happy to accept the rumors.  After the completion of these medicinal pills, he would seek out Xue Wen to make this matter clear to him so that his younger brother would not harbor any hopes.

On the other hand, he had arranged a ‘good show’ for Luo Ji Cai and this matter was also slowly coming to the final stage.  He knew that Luo Ji Cai was now in a terrible fix over the relationship between Hua Ming Zi and the Ying Family.  He had made several attempts sending his people to sneak into Hua Mansion and Ying Mansion to gather news but unfortunately, the servants of both families were well-trained and would never gossip.  Ying Yan Long was waiting to watch Luo Ji Cai’s retribution but he never thought that Luo Ji Cai would actually present himself to him.

At this time, it was just a little past noon and because there was still a sichen before the next furnace will be opened, therefore Ying Yan Long had set aside some time to return to Ying Mansion to go over the account books. 

He listened as Steward Zhu, who was standing in front of him, said. 

“Luo Ji Cai is at the door and said that he hopes to see you.”

“Just tell him that I will only be free after half a sichen.  If he is willing, just take him to the main hall to wait.  In addition, place six guards at the main hall to guard the entrance and replace all the serving maids with male servants who have solemn expressions.  No one is allowed to fool around and tell them to keep their mouth shut.”  Ying Yan Long instructed with a blank expression.

“One more thing, watch over Second Young Master and don’t let him come out to cause trouble.  Tell him that as long as he dares to leave his courtyard, just wait for me to drive him out of the house.  Of course, not even a little trace of this is to be leaked out to Hua Dangjia.”

“Yes.”  Steward Zhu left after giving a respectful bow.

Ying Yan Long tightened his lips and closed his eyes. 

What he did not need the most now is either Ying Xue Wen or Hua Ming Zi’s emotions to hinder matters.  He understood their feelings and he also wished to impose a death sentence on Luo Ji Cai but the only way to settle this problem once and for all was to do it his way.  He would not let Luo Ji Cai have a chance to commit any more crimes.  After everything has been done, he would naturally explain everything to them.

He had his own way of dealing with Luo Ji Cai.  After all, the precious medicines in the palace were all supplied by the Ying Family, so for him to place a spy in the palace was not a problem at all.  It was also not difficult for him to get information about something that was not known to others, not to mention it was something that he needed to convict that person.  Originally, that person was not someone good........therefore he should not be blamed for his actions.

When Ying Yan Long opened his eyes again, his pair of eyes were bright but he did not get up immediately.  Instead, he continued to write down what the stewards in the Medical Halls should pay attention to when they were trading the medicines.

He would not allow Luo Ji Cai’s matter to affect himself too much.  He understood that because he is rich and powerful, therefore only he has the ability to deal with Luo Ji Cai.

Dangjia, the time to meet Luo Ji Cai has arrived.”  Steward Zhu stood at the door and called out.

Ying Yan Long nodded then he got up and strode towards the main hall.

 

While walking on the cobbled stone path leading to the main hall, from afar Ying Yan Long could see Luo Ji Cai getting up and walking around for a while.  Then he sat down to drink his tea for a while and then a while later, he kicked the table and chairs impatiently before shouting aloud. 

“How long more will I have to wait before he comes?!” 

Dangjia will be here in a while!”

The guards at the entrance replied simultaneously.

“Luo Gongzi.”  Ying Yan long walked into the main hall and nodded at Luo Ji Cai.  Without any form of salutations or greetings, he walked up towards the main seat.

When Luo Ji Cai, who was standing, saw Ying Yan Long had sat down without greeting him formally, he was surprised.  Then he squeezed out a smile.  “Ying Dangjia is truly a busy man.  I had waited a long time for you.”

“I actually have a lot of matters to attend to and if you have anything to say, speak up quickly.”  Ying Yan Long’s eyes rested coldly on Luo Ji Cai and his tone was sullen.

“It is actually nothing........”  Luo Ji Cai swallowed his saliva.  He looked away for a while and then met Ying Yan Long’s eyes again.

“I and Hua Dangjia are old friends and I heard that Hua Dangjia is recuperating in the Ying Mansion.”

8