Chapter 18: Sacrificial Power ~ Illusory Realm of Self-Perfection (1)
346 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blood vessels in Ayame's body started becoming bright crimson.

Her veins and capillaries changed color at such a rapid pace that anyone could see the transformation taking place right in front of their own eyes. It seemed as though tree roots were growing on her skin.
It proceeded along its path via each limb.

The man with the golden hair stood there with wide eyes as he watched what was taking place with Ayame. He was aware that cultivators were capable of altering their bodies, but he found it hard to believe that a Spirit Transformation Realm cultivator with an empty qi pool could cause a human's blood vessels to change color.

It takes a lot of qi to do even a partial bodily transformation, which is why only cultivators in higher realms are able to practice it. Even if she had the total qi pool available to her, it was still impossible for her to perform the technique.

Not to mention he had never heard of cultivators who could alter their bodies when they were in a situation where they were mortally wounded since the process could fail and the backlash would inflict lasting injury or even death, but the transformation of Ayame was genuine.

This was too unbelievable. The scene that greeted him was just beyond his wildest dreams.

When Ayame opened her eyes, the whites of her eyes, the sclera, were totally darkened to a pitch-black color.

Her iris, the colorful portions of a person's eye, had also darkened to a pitch-black color.

It was as if her sclera and iris had become one.

Her pupils, the dark region of her eye, were blazing a red light as if a laser beam was emanating from them.

Because light passes past the pupils of every person's eye, they cannot reflect any light resulting in the pupils having a black appearance.

However, a crimson glow could be seen reflected in Ayame's pupils.

No, it was not a reflection of red light; rather, it was the source of the red light.

"Ahhh! I woke up. Damn, I wanted to talk with him more."

Ayame sat up, carrying the pain from being pierced in the stomach. She clasped her stomach and looked around her surroundings.

"You... Wh- what the hell did you just do?" The guy with the golden hair screamed out in shock.

His whole face became white, and a look of terror sprang into his eyes.

He took a few steps backward.

He was having a hard time keeping his emotions under control, as seen by his racing heart and trembling limbs.

He didn't understand why his entire being was screaming for him to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Did he feel intimidated by the woman who stood in front of him?

Or was it something about her physical appearance that put him on edge?

He was aware of the rapid thumping of his heart in his ears, as well as the heaving of his chest and the drying out of his throat.

He was speechless due to his level of terror.

"You look like you've seen a ghost. Do you find me to be that terrifying?"

Ayame inquired, the scorn and disdain in her tone of voice becoming more audible than it was a while ago.

The corners of Ayame's lips pulled back into a smile, exposing two rows of pointed teeth.

She then proceeded with a giggle and said, "I guess I am frightening you."

The guy did not provide any response.

His breathing became more rapid. He felt extremely weak and sick. His legs trembled uncontrollably.

He took a few steps toward Ayame and said, "Stay away from me! You're dangerous!"

His breaths were becoming shorter and more rapid. He had felt tremendous weakness and nausea over his whole body. His lower body shook in an uncontrollable manner, particularly his legs.

He backed away from Ayame and said, taking a few steps in the other direction, "S-stop, don't come near me. Y-you're crazy dangerous!"

He looked at Ayame and noticed that she had suddenly disappeared.

"Shit! Where did she g-" His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden sensation of pain and the sound of cracking of his bones from his lower leg.

He collapsed on the ground. And saw Ayame, who was behind him.

He glanced at Ayame and found that she had mysteriously vanished.

"Shit! Wh-where did she g-"

The rapid onset of agony and the cracking sound emanating from his lower leg disoriented him and diverted his attention away from his thoughts.

He immediately fell to the ground after being struck by a strong low kick, and he looked back to see Ayame standing behind him.

"「Fleischverbrennende Wolke 」" he yelled out the name of his technique as he started to conjure the black smoke-like things once again, and he physically controlled it with his hand.

The speed with which it moved had significantly increased from before, and the hue of the smoke had changed into a radiant yellow that resembled gold.

Ayame was struck in the face by the smoke, and immediately after that, her head disappeared once the haze had covered it.

"Ha, haha, hahahahaha!" He let out a nervous laugh, "You fool! You fell for it. I can control it with my hands to make it faster and stronger."

The man with the golden hair laughed louder, more intensely, and distortedly as time passed as if to drown out his fear.

Ayame's head was instantly dissolved. Or at least, that's what he thought, until a voice from the haze asked, "That's it?",

She walked forward towards him.

"You! Impossible. How are you still alive?" He let out an angry screech.

However, Ayame was not paying attention to his question.

She approached the guy in a single stride and extended her hand to him.

A crimson light manifested itself within the cloud of smoke and moved around gently.

It then pushed the man's head down toward the ground after wrapping itself around his neck.

He yelled out in shock and astonishment.

"What demonic cultivation technique have you been using?" his face was bloodied due to the intensity of the impact, and he let out an angry shout.

After a moment, the golden haze vanished utterly.

"Oh, this? This is the product of mine and Yuuto's love,"

Ayame stated with a grin that would make a psychopath jealous.

And suddenly, without any prior warning or introduction, Ayame carried out a soccer kick, kicking the golden-haired guy's head like a soccer ball with a precise and powerful strike.

His body was propelled a great distance and at incredibly high speeds, bringing down rocks and trees in its path like a hot knife cutting through butter. His corpse flipped and rolled over the ground for some distance.

Ayame was giving the body a close pursuit as she waited for it to become immobile before delivering the killing blow.

It ceased to move at some point in time. Ayame finished him off by thrusting her hand into his chest and then squeezing and crushing his heart till it burst. This caused him to die instantly.

"Ah, how exciting," Ayame said in a carefree manner as her body began to lose its vigor.

She tried to get away, but the backlash from her technique, plus the severe injuries she sustained, made it impossible for her to move more than a few feet before she passed out.

In the middle of nowhere, all by herself, she was going to die from the injuries she had incurred.

She managed to grin just before she passed out. It brought a smile to her face to realize that she had validated Yuuto's claims.

She fell to the ground, still breathing, but with just a short amount of time left to live.

 

while later.

"Haah... haa, haaah..." The man with the golden hair breathed in deeply.

He managed to stay alive thanks to an improvised process that used his qi to keep his blood circulating.

His vision, which had been hazy, started becoming clearer gradually.

He began to say, "I'm still ali-," but was cut off by severe pain. "I'm still alive," he repeated again.

He saw that his heart had sustained catastrophic damage.

The damage was irreparable, and he needed an emergency heart transplant.

He got to his feet but walked with a limp. He took a look around and found the dying body of Ayame.

"It's been quite a while, but why haven't they arrived yet."

It was difficult for him to get out of the jungle and locate someone to save him since he could hardly move at all.

"My phone," he remembered, expressing his need to contact emergency medical services.

He looked in his pocket, but it was nowhere to be seen. "When she kicked me, I must have accidentally lost it. Scheiße!"

He had no other option but to wait for the reinforcements to arrive at the scene.

Earlier, while he was outside of the camp, he had conveyed to his father to send in a team of experienced interrogators, cultivators who had greater expertise in torture and mind control.

He requested that they be sent immediately to his location.

Since he was aware that the girl kept a lot of things to herself, he made the decision to conduct a more in-depth investigation.

To buy some more time and wait for reinforcements to come he even sacrificed the lives of his troops to buy some more time and wait for the reinforcements to arrive.

But the plan failed, it ended up working against him, and here he was as a result.

He waited for the reinforcements to arrive for some time when a tremendous noise erupted from behind him in the direction of unknown origin.

It was a corpse that whizzed right by him without him even noticing.

Two guys eventually emerged from the thicket.

After some time in the bushes, two guys appeared.

One of the guys smirked and said, "Ah, if you're looking for the elite practitioners of your sect," while speaking with a chill in his voice, "I had already executed them a few minutes ago."

 

If you have any complaints, suggestions, and compliments please feel free to write it down on the comment section.

Also hey how about donating 2$ on my Ko-fi to help me feed my catgirl addiction.

Also, should I make advance chapters over at ko-fi for idk, two dollars per month, is it too expensive?

11