Chapter 26: The Altar of Gungnir
488 8 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayame Yuuna was exhausted. She had been making her way through the thick forest for a number of hours, and she was getting increasingly anxious about finding an exit.

She took a quick glance in every direction, but all she saw was more forest, so she continued to trudge forward with the expectation that she would eventually come across a road.

Ayame finally emerged from the forest onto a deserted road after what seemed like an eternity’s worth of time had passed.

She was relieved to be outside of the woods despite having no idea where she was.

She looked around but didn’t see any signs of life, so she made the decision to continue walking down the road in the hope that she would eventually come across a car with which she could hitch a ride.

Ayame had felt that she had been walking for a long time when she finally caught a glimpse of some headlights off in the distance.

She came to a stop in the middle of the roadway and waited for the approaching car to get closer.

She was able to make out that it was a sizable black SUV as it got closer to her.

When she waved her arms in the air, the driver of the car stopped on the shoulder of the road.

A man in his late twenties rolled down the window and questioned Ayame about why she was still out at such a late hour.

Ayame, who was still worn out from her journey through the forest, described her predicament to the other person and asked for a ride.

The man seemed sympathetic and agreed.

Ayame pulled out her Colt 1911 and shot the man in the head the instant he opened his door.

She grabbed the man’s body, dragged it into the bushes, and then fled the scene in the SUV.

She performed a search on the GPS, which allowed her to locate the entrance to the cave.

Ayame spent a good deal of time on the road before she located the cave.

She then walked inside after parking the SUV.

She was taken aback to see that the cavern was lit up and that a group of people was huddled together around a fire.

Ayame was appalled to discover that there were other people in the cave that she believed to be deserted.

“What’s the deal with all these people?” Ayame questioned herself as she observed the large number of people who were residing in the cave.

Suddenly, an elderly gentleman, aided by a cane, walked up to her.

“Miss, what are you doing here?” The elderly man asked after noticing that he had never met the young lady before.

Ayame was quick to start coming up with an alibi for her behavior.

“Oh no, the car I was driving had a problem nearby. The tow trucks have reported that they will not arrive until the morning of the following day.” Ayame lied.

“I understand. Feel free to take a break in the cave; if you get hungry or thirsty, we’ll provide some food and water for you.” The elderly gentleman extended his offer while maintaining a friendly expression.

They explained that they were a group of villagers whose homes had been taken over by terrorists who had been hiding out in the southern region of the Arkland Archipelago for a number of months.

They made Ayame feel at home by greeting her with open arms and providing her with both food and shelter.

Ayame waited for the villagers to become sleepy before installing a suppressor on her handgun and then proceeding to execute the villagers one by one before moving further into the cave.

She explored the cavern until she came across an engraving of a hand. As soon as she put her palms on it, the entrance to the cave opened up.

Ayame entered the cave with extreme caution while keeping her gun drawn.

The sight that greeted her was so incredible that it left her speechless.

She turned her head in every direction, and everywhere she looked, the walls were designed to resemble complex electronic circuits, with glowing blue lights along each line.

Even though she has been here before, the cavern continues to have a profound impact on her.

The majority of the cave was submerged in water, but as she approached the soil’s edge, floating stairs made up of flat square blocks began to emerge one at a time from the water.

Ayame proceeded forward by walking over the platforms until she reached the central area that contained an altar.

This was the altar where Ayame had discovered the spear artifact known as Gungnir.

However, as she approached the altar, she was taken aback to discover that the spear was nowhere to be found.

“What the-, where is it?!” Ayame cried out in shock at what she saw.

Ayame spent a significant amount of time searching the altar, but she was unable to locate Gungnir anywhere.

She had reached the point of exhaustion and exasperation, and she was prepared to give up.

She moved away from the altar and emerged from the cave that was reminiscent of future technology.

Ayame was seething with rage. She had traveled such a long distance in the hopes of locating the mysterious artifact known as Gungnir, only to find out that it had been stolen.

She was well aware that the terrorists who were currently occupying the neighboring village were the only people who could have stolen it.

Infuriated, she made her way back to the village.

After locating the terrorists, she did not waste any time venting her rage against them but rather went straight for the kill.

6