Chapter 29: Rapid Breakthrough // The Other Ayame (2)
511 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayame slowly withdrew her hand from the tree’s trunk.

She moved with a slow, calculated motion, her eyes still glowing with malicious triumph.

Her lips curled upward in a cruel smirk as she watched the tree wither away before her.

As her hand emerged, it was covered in a thin layer of wood, dust, and sap that clung to her fingers.

The pond was once filled with a sap that is filled by high amounts of qi energy.

But now, the pond has dried up, and all that remains are small puddles of murky brown liquid.

The bottom of the pond is cracked and dry, and what little liquid is left appears to be evaporating quickly.

“What the fuck have you done, you stupid bitch?!” The three members of Zero Squad shouted in unison.

「Air Acceleration times 50 ˣ Knockback」

Ayame snapped her fingers in a swift and decisive motion, a visible shockwave of energy radiating out of her fingertips.

The three members of Zero Squad had not even a moment to react as they were sent flying up into the sky, their bodies a blur as they left only a dust cloud behind.

Ayame looked into the sky and let out another set of commands.

「Air Acceleration times 1000 ˣ Air Strafing ˣ Super jump ˣ Air Jump ˣ Anti Terminal Velocity」

Ayame leaped into the sky with a powerful force, her body leaving behind a trail of light that resembled a jet’s contrails.

As she soared towards the horizon, her long dark hair flew behind her in the wind.

The three members of Zero Squad were in shock, their faces pale and eyes wide as they helplessly flew through the sky, their arms and legs flailing in all directions.

The wind roared around them while they frantically tried to find a way out of the grasp of the powerful force that had sent them flying.

Suddenly, out of the corner of their eyes, they caught a glimpse of a mysterious arm that grabbed them, heading in another direction with a determined and powerful force.

The three members of Zero Squad were frozen in disbelief to see Ayame, who had suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” one of them tried to shout, but the air resistance filling his mouth with air made it impossible for him to do so.

Finally arriving at their destination - The Field Of Immortality -.

The Field of Immortality is a vast expanse of golden grassland.

She dropped the three members of Zero Squad unceremoniously onto solid ground, their bodies bursting apart due to the speed they were going.

They popped like a stress ball before their souls flew out of their bodies.

The force of their impact created a large dust cloud that quickly dissipated.

Out of nowhere, their flesh began to form, their bodies slowly rebuilding themselves from the ground up.

They could see their skin and muscles growing back as if it were an intricate puzzle, with each piece delicately fitting into place.

Their color returned to their skin, and they stood tall. Alive and well once more.

「Spear-like Hands ˣ Arm Hypertrophy ˣ Acceleration times 100 ˣ Anti Terminal Velocity ˣ Anti-Reaction Force」

Ayame’s arms grew to quadruple of their size before, making them large and bulky.

Her arms are now heavily muscled and have a spear-like shape, tapering off to sharp points at the ends.

Her skin seemed stretched to its limit, making her arms look out of proportion with her otherwise slender physique.

She vanished in an instant.

The next moment, she was already thrusting her spear-like arms forward, piercing through one of the three with precision and accuracy.

The sudden attack stunned the three members of Zero Squad.

They didn’t even notice her attack, and the moment they did, Ayame had already landed her blow, piercing the heart of one of them.

Her arm stretched to its limits, and her fingers pointed like spears.

The man’s eyes are wide with fear as he desperately tries to catch his breath, but he can only cough up a torrent of blood.

His body convulses in pain as he desperately clutches at Ayame’s hand, trying to pull it out but unable to.

“You should know your place. You are not my friend, nor am I your subordinate, let alone my equal. Remember, you are nothing more than a lowly worm in the dirt.” She said with subtle arrogance in her voice.

The other two members of Zero Squad were standing in the same spot, completely frozen with fear.

Their eyes were wide, and they were pale with terror.

Ayame looked at the two remaining members with a smug smirk before disappearing again in another flash of light, leaving them alone in the Field of Immortality.

The image of his body convulsing in pain lingers in their minds, and they can feel the chill of death radiating from Ayame’s cold gaze.

The remaining two members of Zero Squad collapse onto the ground with a thud, their bodies motionless.

The image of the man they just saw convulsing in pain is vivid in their minds, and a chill runs through their veins as they feel their souls slowly crumbling away.

A feeling of utter hopelessness radiates from the two members of Zero Squad’s eyes as they lay motionless on the ground.

They feel the chill of death seeping into their bones and the emptiness of their souls slowly consuming them.

Without their souls that contain various biological data, not even the Field of Immortality could restore their bodies. In other words, the three of them died.

Ayame had ran towards the Demon Incitement Tower, her expression calm and composed.

She seemed unfazed by what she had done. Not even a single trace of guilt on her face.

She can feel her muscles resisting her as they tense and pull at her limbs as if they’re trying to prevent her from moving forward.

Her feet become heavy; it’s almost like she’s being weighed down by force unseen.

Ayame gave a huff as she glanced up at the sky, her eyes laced with condescension. “Time’s already up? Really? I thought I’d have more time. Well, whatever... the main me should be able to have this done in no time.” She started to inscribe a message into the ground.

“Your only chance at survival is to ascend the tower and construct 64 spiritual cores. You may as well accept that unless you comply, death shall be your fate.”

7