Chapter 2: The Beginning (II)
180 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Perfect! Here is your starting equipment and power that you can choose. The company already chose your starting world I'm afraid. I cannot do anything about it."

"Ah, before that, can I go back to earth?"

"Sure! However, it will take a few points that you can use to buy the starting power. are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Very well."

I nod my head and see him writing something on the paper. While I don't have any family on Earth, I still have a couple of close friends that I like to visit from time to time.

"However, I need to warn you that you can only visit Earth after you finish the mission given to you by the company."

"I don't mind. I already knew about that when you said that I will not see my home for a long time. I am already prepared for it. I just want to visit my friend from time to time."

"Good. Anyway, I have taken five points from your total of one hundred and forty points."

"Points? How do I get those?"

"Ah, let me explain it to you then. I forgot to explain our currency system."

He takes out a paper and points it with his finger.

"We have a currency called points that you can use to trade and buy anything from your fellow agent or directly from the company. There are a few ways to get a point but mostly the agent gets their points from capturing waifu with their binding tools."

"Do they need to sell them before they get the point? Or they can use them first."

"Oh, you did not need to sell them to us. We only need to gather enough DNA from them to clone them. We have a machine that involves a complex magical array and technology that can clone a perfect copy of the captured waifu. Sadly, the machine can only create three copies of the original."

"Why?"

"More than three, there will always be an imperfection on the goods and the company is all about quality for our agent and our customer."

"I see."

"Anyway, you will get a starting point that you can use for your shall we say, built. Have you been playing CYOA? Or maybe a tabletop game like DnD?"

"Yes."

"Good. It was like a point buy system like in DnD but the points you get at the start depend on the Tier of the world you are put into."

"Tier?"

Bellano took out another paper.

"There are eleven tiers in this company. The first tier is a world like yours. There is no supernatural thing happening and your world is rather peaceful. The danger of that world continues to increase from there. As for your first world, we will put you in the tier-4 world. The tier-4 world is a world with constant danger. This world is filled with monsters and some of them can even destroy a kingdom. Not only that, there is a constant war every year or two. Lastly, there is a power that can destroy the world."

"T-That should deserve a higher tier, no?"

"No. The higher power that can destroy the world is rather docile and did not want to destroy the world actively. Not only that, there are not a lot of creatures that can destroy a country or continent in this world. There are creatures that can do that but only a couple of them. You can count them using one hand."

"That is why it only deserves a tier-4 spot?"

"Yes. Get a dozen or so creatures that can destroy a country and a couple that can destroy a continent? That world will be promoted to the tier-5 world."

Bloody hell. What kind of world do I get? I shake my head and say.

"Which world is it?"

"For you? Suikoden world."

"Suikoden? The game?"

"Yes. As a whole, Suikoden world is a Tier-5 world but because you are only placed in one part of the world, it was reduced to tier-4 instead."

"Why?"

"Because the powerful monster will only stay in their area and not go around the world and the timeline we choose is rather peaceful. There will be a war but you have time to prepare."

"I see. What is my mission?"

"Caoture the Three Rune of Falena using the binding tools and kill the Black Calamity."

"Falena? Does that mean it was a Suikoden 5 timeline?"

"That is correct."

"Deadline?"

"We like it if you manage to finish the mission in three years but we are willing to wait up to five years."

"Gotcha. Also, Black Calamity? Is that a monster?"

Bellano snapped his finger, and an image appeared in front of me. It was an image of a black dragon with a large wing. I can see glowing purple energy around its neck and mouth. I can also see a black miasma released by the dragon.

"This is Black Calamity, one of the creatures that can destroy a country. We want you to kill this thing. At the moment, it is weakened from its previous fight against a powerful sorcerer, another being that can destroy a kingdom called Mazus. We will send the location of the dragon to your company phone. In four years, it will awaken and run havoc across the continent. We don't want that because we have some assets in that place. We recommend defeating that dragon before it could regain its power."

"Understood."

"Anyway, here is your character sheet. You have a hundred and thirty-five points left. Choose what you want from the list of power, items and companions for your mission."

I nod my head and take the sheet of paper given to me. I look at the paper and see my name on the paper and what I assume is my agent code.

"James Linson, Agent T-VV44578. I guess that T is for troubleshooting huh?"

I shake my head and look at the second paper, as the first one is about my history and how I get recruited. The second paper is a list of worlds I can choose if I join them as a capture agent. I skipped the second paper and got to the third paper. This one is also already filled by Bellano.

There are a few options in this section I can choose from. The first one and the one chosen for me is the PVE option, where I can explore the world and capture as many goods as possible.

The other options are PVP and Co-op. PVP is where I fight other agents from other companies. The winner will get everything the other agent has, and the company will get the starting planet the other agent has.

As for Co-op, it was a shared account with anyone I wanted to bring with me. We can get faster points by capturing our target from different places simultaneously. However, because it was a shared account, we need twice the amount of points because we are considered two people and need an individual upgrade.

The fourth option also has been filled by Bellano. It was how I got into the world, and it was already a Drop-In option. This option is the most basic one. I only bring the things I have right now.

I frown a little and look at Bellano.

"Will I immediately arrive in Suikoden after filling out the form?"

"No. We will give you an hour to prepare. Any item you have that touches your skin will be teleported with you."

I nod my head. Good.

I go to the next page and see a lot of options. This is the Binding and Lure section. I decided to use the free option, the Company stamp. The reason? Well, it was simple to use. I only need to stamp my target and don't let it go for three seconds. After that, I only waited for three days for the stamp to work its wonders.

By the end of three days, the captured target will be like clay that I can mold as much as I want. Their body, soul, and mind are mine to do as I please. It will take time and effort to do so, but I can change their domineering and stern characteristic into nothing but a mindless slave that only thinks of sex.

After the binding process is done, the captured target will have absolute loyalty to me and their fellow capture target. Because of this, I did not need to worry about betrayal or my companion telling the other about my secret.

There is an upgraded version of the stamp in the form of a smartphone, but it cost me hundred and fifty points. It was expensive.

There are other ways of binding, but they need preparation and a lot of steps to do. It will take a long time to capture the target, and I don't have enough time to do so because I have a mission and not only gathering points.

I don't know if I have time to prepare to capture my target and finish my quest at the same time. I don't know if there is a mission that needs me to finish as fast as possible. So I need a simple way to capture, and the stamp is the perfect tool for that.

The next section is a lure.

"Lure-type controls are more subtle than bindings, but cannot directly capture targets. All lures work equally well on males, females, and other targets, and instead, only obey the user's orientation. You may purchase any number of lures. Like all company-supplied powers, lures cannot be nullified, copied, or stolen. Huh? That means I can get an ally I don't want to capture by using this, huh?"

I read the entire catalog for a couple of minutes before choosing Sticky Finger, and Faerie Feast lures.

Sticky Finger will give me a superpower that makes anyone I touch melt and sometimes aroused, depending on the area I touch and it's intent.

The Faerie Feast will give me a supernatural cooking power. For example, I can make a simple scramble egg that tastes like divine food cooked by the gods. I also can ensure my cooking is addictive to anyone eating them, and they will never know it once they are addicted to it.

However, I need to be careful because others can still notice it, which will get me into trouble if they confront me.

I go to the next page and see it was a Heritage section where I choose to be something more than human.

There are three options I can choose. The first one is Dragon, then Transhuman, and the last one is Outsider.

Dragon is… well, a Dragon. They are a creature of power and destruction. It was the most basic option in this list. However, this basic option is something that cannot be underestimated. Also, Dragon is cool.

Transhuman is just that. You are a human, but more. Your human body will be replaced by an upgrade that you can create yourself or the one created by the company. There are three choices of what kind of transhuman you want: Biomorph, Cybermorph, and Aethermorp.

The last one is Outsider. The Outsider is a creature of the void. They are Eldritch beings that watch from the empty space of the universe. They can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. They are the most mysterious being on the list.

I read the list for another minute before choosing the Outsider Option. I like reading eldritch stories and dreamed of becoming one as a child. An eldritch being disguises itself as a human and gets followers by spreading its influence to the mortal.

I take the Lurking on Threshold option for a hundred points. By choosing this, I will get Body Talent and one copy each of Mind Defense, Wild Defense, and Environmental Defense for free. I don't know what that means, but I know it will be answered in the next paper.

The next one is Talent and Perks. This is the place where I can buy any items, power, or an upgrade I want. I ignore the rides option because I know I don't really need it at the moment.

I go to the Demiplane & Dungeon section and see many options for me. In this section, I can buy a personal pocket dimension where I can stay and do whatever I want. Sadly, I only have a few points left, and I decided to buy the Pocket Space perk.

By picking this, I have my own inventory, just like in the game. Sadly, the Inventory only has a volume of 1m by 1m by 3m. Not much, but good enough for now.

The next section is the Talent section. There are a lot of options in this section as well. I already get Body Talent from my Heritage, which gives my body a peak human body. Not only that, but this talent also gets a boost in my physical growth and makes me quickly learn any non-combat activity like parkour, swimming, non-combat sport, etc.

I can choose from only a few options, with only twenty points left. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I decided to take Soul Talent. This will give me a prodigious talent for ki arts (aura, chi, Hamon, Phonic Gain, Spiral Power, etc.) and magic. In addition, I will rapidly learn any mystical arts I encounter and am capable of using.

I can take the Martial Talent, but I decide to choose magic and the like because, you know, magic.

Of course, I will buy Martial Talent when I have more points.

I went to the next one, and it was the defense section. I got three free defenses from my heritage. Mind Defense will prevent any mental attack from affecting me. Sadly, I only have one copy of Mind Defense which means a VERY strong mental attack (Tier-7 mental attack) can penetrate this perk.

The other one is Wild Defense. I will be equally comfortable on a glacier as you are in a sandy desert, steamy jungle, irradiated wasteland, or temperate floodplain. Combined with Body Defense, I'm never at risk of suffocation in a gaseous atmosphere.

The third one is Environmental Defense. Wild Defense's protections now apply to true extremes. Allowing me to enter the oceanic abyss or hard vacuum or even go sun-diving and live if I upgrade this one more time. This also protects against purposeless, degenerative, relatively mundane mutations.

When I read the Wild Defense, I decided to buy the Body Defense to complete it.

As for Body Defense, I have protection from all diseases, toxins, and targeted radiation. Lethal or crippling afflictions will leave me sick enough to most likely stay in bed unless I have to move - because I get attacked, for example. Anything short of that will leave me weakened and uncomfortable but functional.

Additionally, I get a one-time full heal with each purchase of this Defense. That one-time full heal is just like the name. Heal my body to perfect health. If I use it correctly, you can say it was a second life.

And these are all my points. The points that Bellno uses are for something called Exit Stage Left and Returning Home.

Exit Stage Left is something that the capture agent uses to jump to another universe to escape danger. It was a Z-plan for them where they needed to get away from whatever was chasing them.

However, because I'm not a capture agent, this perk will allow me to open up a portal to my original world with the help of the Returning Home perk. This will connect both earth and the world I first visit.

Sadly, I can only visit earth after one mission.

"Oh, good! You are done!"

"Yeah. Here you go."

"Perfect! Let me put it in our database."

I can see Bellano tap his finger on the table, and suddenly a hologram appears in front of him. He types something on the invisible keyboard and nods his head. He took out something from his drawer, and I could see it was a smartphone.

"This is your Company Smartphone. You can sell any captured target with this and even call me if you have any questions. Don't worry, only you who can use this phone. Of course you can permit anyone using this phone if you want but they cannot use it without your permission. This phone is like a stamp, it will always come back to you if you lose it. Just think really hard and it will come back."

"Got it."

"Good. As one of our agents, you will get a monthly salary equal to two hundred thousand US dollars every month."

"Wait! I get paid?!"

"Of course! We are a company, you know? Anyway, you can change your Earth salary to the local currency. Your joining salary has been transferred to your bank account. You can access them through your company phone. Anyway, you have an hour to prepare. Take as much time as you need and you will be teleported back here after an hour for your assignment."

Bellano then snaps his finger, and suddenly I'm inside my house.

"Well, I need to prepare. Food, clothes, and maybe some weapons. A good knife should be good. If only I were in America. I can buy a gun without a problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can find Waifu Catalog in [HERE]

=||=

Starting World: Suikoden Series [Suikoden 5 (Sun Rune War)] {Tier-4}

Starting budget 140

Intensity

Me and My Girlfriend(s)(PvE) +0 [140]

Spoiler

Proceed directly to the Origins section. You may still encounter other contractors, but the multiverse is big, really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to the multiverse. You can easily go entire lifetimes without meeting even one.

[collapse]

Dropped-In -0 [140]

Spoiler

You are you. You have no documentation, no social advantages, nothing in your new world save the clothes on your back, your knowledge of fiction, personal skills, and of course any Company products you purchase.

[collapse]

Heritage

Lurking On The Threshold -100 [40]

Spoiler

The Outsider is a figure of countless contradictions - unknowable by nature yet known to itself, an enemy to the natural order, and an agent of a greater symphony. Such paradoxes should define it inexorably out of existence and see it chased to the thresholds of possibility by the power of reason, but now they find a new resolution: a resolution in you. Emerging from the chrysalis and the cage of your former self, you are both well at home in the chaoskampf beyond the symbolic order and transcendent above the petty and limpid hazards of base reality. Take Body Talent and one copy each of Mind Defense, Wild Defense, and Environmental Defense for free.

Moreover, though you may still be able to pass for your former self for a time, you’ll gradually begin to shed that seeming in favor of your new form, whatever that may be. The gross anatomy and aesthetics of your new form are up to you - though, it will be at least moderately superhuman to start with, it will always be at least moderately inhuman, and its ability to defy the ordinary limits of physiology will scale with your maturity as an Outsider and the depths of your esoteric knowledge. Combat-capable tentacles and buckets of ejaculate are traditional, but only one possible path of many.

[collapse]

Bindings

Company Stamp free [40]

Spoiler

This permanent magical tattoo instills only the mental effects common to all bindings. To capture targets, you may apply this tattoo using a thumb-sized ink stamp. You can only have one stamp at a time, and only you and your retinue members can perceive the stamp when it’s not in use. The inked part, on one end, contains the tattoo’s core, a circular design that serves as your emblem.

Stamping requires 3 seconds of sustained contact with the target’s skin, from the stamper’s perception, to start the tattoo-creation process. You must apply enough pressure to make the ink transfer properly. The most popular stamping sites are typically the pubic region, lower back, or back of the neck. Newly-applied tattoos require 72 hours to ramp up to their full effect, from the perception of the person stamped.

During the ramp-up period, additional ink will fill itself in around your emblem to form a much more elaborate design, about the size of the subject’s palm, that represents her history and personality. Captured subjects and people they know will not notice a tattoo-in-progress until it completes itself, at which point they’ll rationalize away its sudden appearance. If a tattoo’s location is ever damaged or severed, its effects will continue and it will reappear when the skin is regenerated or the body part replaced.

Stamped targets only count as captured at the end of this period, when the tattoo completes. Completed tattoos are always perceptible. A stamp’s location on a target’s body may be repositioned after the fact through the company app; a generated 3D model of the target serves as a reference.

The stamp never runs out of ink and cannot be used accidentally. If you are stamped, by yourself or another, it will only have cosmetic effects. If one of your subjects marks someone new with it, the newbie will feel its effects as if you had used it on her yourself. The anti-loss, -theft, and -destruction measures on the company’s smart device also apply to this stamp.

[collapse]

Lures

Sticky Fingers -5 [35]

Spoiler

You know all the points that make a waifu melt. You can play her like a piano. Your very touch is electrifying. You are also a sexual savant. Keep a waifu on the edge long enough, and she’ll promise anything to make it stop. With your skills, she’ll be sure to keep that promise. This lure cannot affect targets who lack a sense of touch.

[collapse]

Faerie Feast -10 [25]

Spoiler

Your cooking is supernaturally good, capable of making miracles from the worst ingredients. Just one taste is enough to hook a waifu for life - assuming, of course, that she can taste. Even if she doesn't like you, she'll be unable to imagine a world where she can't eat your cooking every day, and stay with you for that alone. Over time, you can leverage this dependence into obedience through simple operant conditioning and, in turn, create real affection by enforcing faked affection.

The quality of your ingredients doesn’t matter, but they must be real ingredients. This lure will not let you cook without the proper tools, unless you have an adequate substitute. This lure also covers drink-mixing, butchery, and chemical food processing, but does not help with gardening, farming, animal husbandry, fishing, etc. - that’s biology, not chemistry. If you want to use this lure’s gifts as a professional skill, you can dial your ability down to world-class-chef levels, enough to ensure great business (and plenty of repeat customers) without tripping any "this food might be literally addictive" alarms.

This lure cannot affect targets who lack a sense of taste.

[collapse]

Home Perks

Pocket Space -5 [20]

Spoiler

You now possess a timeless extradimensional inventory space. This inventory may be accessed via an app on your smart device, Apportation, or certain Heritage perks. Transferring an item into the inventory via the app requires it to be in contact with you before transport. An item pulled from the inventory via the app will be deposited into your hand or within one meter of your position.

Your Inventory has a volume of 1m by 1m by 3m. Living beings may be stored within, but not any resisting or unwilling ones. Stamped or otherwise bound retinue members always count as willing and unresisting. Time does not pass within your Inventory, for good or ill.

[collapse]

Talents

Body Talent free [20]

Spoiler

You lift. Your body is now in perfect fitness and health, with significant muscle growth, within healthy human standards. If your natural height was less, you are now between 170 and 210 cm tall - or will be, if you aren’t yet fully grown. Your clothes are all resized and your muscle memory adjusted to fit. (You may opt out of this height boost.) In the event of a mismatch, your body will change to match your gender identity, reflecting what you might have looked like if you’d been born as such, unless you created or maintained a mismatch with your choice of targets for Substitute or Possess. (You knew what you were getting into when you did that.)

All unwanted pre-existing medical conditions, from skin blemishes and unwanted body hair to chronic disease, missing limbs, detrimental genetic irregularities, and physical transformations are erased. (Cyborgs will find their reproductive system restored and augmentations optimized within their technological base.) This full heal will automatically trigger only once for each member of your retinue, including yourself: when you first purchase Body Talent or when the person joins your retinue, whichever happens second.

You are immune to further minor illnesses, but not diseases or injuries. All healing or medical operations performed on you will complete without complications, residual pain, or unwanted scars.

Additionally, you can rapidly learn any non-supernatural athletic skills you encounter: acrobatics, physical sports, parkour, swimming, etc. Skills directly related to combat fall under Martial Talent instead, while supernatural extensions of skill are affected by Psychic or Soul Talents. This is an experience and skill acquisition multiplier, not a flat improvement, and scales to the strength and skill of your opponents and trainers: the better they are than you, the faster you learn, until you’ve caught up to them.

The individual benefits of this Talent may also apply, at your discretion, to any/all of your purchased and captured waifus. Unwanted conditions are erased according to your wants, not theirs. If you purchased ExtraSubstitute, or Possess, this perk will be retroactively applied to your new body, with the exception noted above.

[collapse]

Soul Talent -10 [10]

Spoiler

You feel. You have a prodigious talent for ki arts (aura, chi, Hamon, Phonic Gain, Spiral Power, etc.) and magic and will rapidly learn any such mystical arts you encounter and are capable of using. Unlike the buffs from Heritage or Shroud elements, this is an experience and skill acquisition multiplier, not a flat improvement. This effect scales to the strength and skill of your opponents and trainers: the better they are than you, the faster you learn until you’ve caught up to them. This does not apply to purely scientific forms of magic.

Many magical styles benefit from both Soul and Science Talents. In these cases, Soul Talent improves your improvisation ability and raw power.

[collapse]

Defenses

Mind Defense free [10]

Spoiler

You are protected from all mind control effects from outside of your retinue and unwanted attempts from within. Attempts to influence you will be weaker and you have an easier time noticing them and fighting them off. At least part of your mind will always remain beyond any control, leaving you free to fight your controller from within - creatively reinterpreting orders, temporarily suppressing or weakening their influence, leaving part or all of your body locked in indecisive spasms, or even throwing off their control entirely if what they're trying to make you do goes too far against your true self. Successful mind control within your retinue will require your consent, not the victim’s. Friendly psychics may still contact you or your retinue through telepathy.

[collapse]

Wild Defense free [10]

Spoiler

You are equally comfortable on a glacier as you are in a sandy desert, steamy jungle, irradiated wasteland, or temperate floodplain. Combined with Body Defense, you are never at risk of suffocation in a gaseous atmosphere. You can dive far deeper than any human, provided you bring an air supply with you. At the base level, survival will not necessarily be pleasant. Non-fatal/crippling injuries (burns, crush or decompression injuries) are a real possibility.

[collapse]

Environmental Defense free [10]

Spoiler

Wild Defense’s protections now apply to true extremes. allowing you to enter the oceanic abyss or hard vacuum, or even go sun-diving and live. This also protects against purposeless, degenerative, relatively mundane mutations. This perk does not protect against injuries.

[collapse]

Body Defense -5 [5]

Spoiler

You have protection from all diseases, toxins, and targeted radiation. Lethal or crippling afflictions will leave you sick enough to most likely stay in bed, unless you really have to move - because you're attacked, for example. Anything short of that will leave you weakened and uncomfortable, but functional.

Additionally, you get an extra one-time full heal, identical to the one offered by Body Talent, with each purchase of this Defense. These are counted separately for each member of your retinue, including yourself and anyone acquired after the purchase of this Defense. These may be kept for future use.

This perk still does not protect against injury or provide any sort of healing factor; if you want one, you’ll have to find it yourself.

[collapse]

Misc Perks

Exit Stage Left -5 [0]

Returning Home free [0]

9