Chapter 1
767 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I am walking home, I spot something interesting. In the middle of winter a snake of some kind it in the middle to the sidewalk. Normally it's patterning would help it blend in, but in the middle of snow it stood out. It is most likely a pet of someones that escaped, I carefully pick it up. While it is a wild animal, in these temps it is docile. At the place I am renting there is a tank left by someone and I have an old blanket it can curl up in.

I hope whoever this beautiful creature sees me post online about it, losing a pet is the worst. Not much more I can do, until I get it home and warmed up. The little guy wrapped around my arm drawn in by the heat, I quickly open the door and rush to the tank. For once I am glad I am still saving up the money for the fish I want. After settling the snake in the tank with a blanket, I snap a pick and post it on my rarely used social media. With only the street and asking if anyone lost a snake on it, I know it is a long shot but it might work.

I also posted on the community web page, and almost immediately got a response. It was about a snake sanctuary that takes in lost and unwanted snakes. Not wanting to just do that, I decided that if I do not find who I am looking for in a week I would do that. They will be able to take care of the snake better then I could.

'Well Done young human, you proved worthy of receiving this old man's blessing. My homeworld is short on souls due to the heavenly war that raged across it. So us elders set off to look for souls that would not be missed and are well suited to thrive there. I would like to mark your soul so that once you die in this world. You will be reborn in mine.

This is a world of magic and technology, a world of infinite possibilities. A world where races of myth walk the planet. A world that is not limited to one planet anymore and by the time you are reborn, it will be on its way to be a galactic power. Come to this tank and stick your hand in it, I will need to touch you in order to mark you.'

I did so, ether he already bit me and I am dead in a matter of minutes or this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

A chuckle enters my mind. 'Glad to see you are rational, yet hopeful. Good, this will tingle.'

I felt the cool nose of his touch my hand, then burning pain. 'I am sorry young one, this world without magic took a tole on my health and I lack a way to go home. In order to ensure my line continues, I am giving you a blessing and enhancing your future body. I never got around to producing offspring, you are my one chance to guarantee that I do not become lost to time.

On my name Jörmungandr, I name you my heir of my power and bloodline. May it serve you well Hræzla, first of your name. Go my child live, love, fight and grow. Crush the foolish under your scales.'

Everything then goes black as the pain overcomes me, the last things he said echo in my mind.

ALERT

You have been named by the primordial, Jörmungandr.

You are Hræzla.

ALERT

you have gained the bloodline, Jörmungandr

you have gained the blessing, Head Start

Name: Hræzla

Race: Draconic Lamia

Sex: Hermaphrodite

Age: 0

Bloodline: Jörmungandr

 

Class: None

Level: 50

Core: 1-5

STR: 750

DEX: 750

CON: 750

INT: 750

WIS: 750

CHA: 750

My eyes blink open as I find myself in a dark cramped space, instinctively I start pushing. Trying to get out of the cramped place, soon a loud crack is heard and I see light. Blinding light compared to the darkness from before flooded my vision causing me to hiss in surprise.

After my eyes adjusted I continue my escape attempt. Soon I am free, only to immediately be picked up and cuddled. I wrap my tail around her as I am picked up by my mother, though this is a guess due to the face full of breast I got. She babels in an unknown language at me, then starts moving. As soon as I get some breathing room, I can see my Mom. Besides the very obvious curves, she has tan skin and black hair. Before I can get a good look a second pair of breast join the first in squishing me.

Once they both calmed down, we left the house and started walking around town. They continued to show me off to the townsfolk, one thing caught my attention very quick is the lack of pure males and the lack of clothing. It was not like the town is poor ether, plenty of them are wearing jewelry. There is also lots of tech around, from cellphones to hovercraft. It just seems like clothing is optional, then there is the sexual stuff. The rules about public indecency seem to be absent completely, not that I mind. It is frustrating not being able to join, having an adult mind in the body of a baby is irritating.

The adventure through town ended at what looked like a cross between a temple and a clinic. The oldest lamia I have seen yet met us and led us to the base of a statue made of earth molded into the form of a curvy woman. Settling my in a crib at the base of the statue, they all knelt in prayer.

ALERT

Blessing of the Earth Mother gained, Nature Kissed

Knowledge of the elders given, you will now understand the Serpens Tongue.

The elder then spoke, “little one I shared the knowledge of our language with you. You also seemed to have gained the Earth Mother's favor, you are free to visit after you have grown a little and I will train you to use this blessing. My she guide you young one. Go in peace.”

Time passes, Mom spoils me rotten. Mama had to leave to the city due to her work. This is a nesting ground for lamia and only those with children under ten can stay here. The monarchy made these locations to aid in the growth of children. Rich foods are provided and teachers are everywhere. I also found out I am an albino, the first in my family and it is considered good fortune to be one.

The priestess started to teach me once I turned five, that is when it is safe to start using mana in tiny amounts. She also teaches me about the Earth mother and what it means to be blessed by her. It opens up the opportunity for a special evolution, one into an Echidna. They are gifted magic users blessed with the Earth Mother's magic and fertility. It will blend well with my bloodline, smoothing out some of the downsides without neutering it.

If I train my magic and might up enough at my awakening at ten I should evolve. So that is what I have been doing, focusing on poison and earth magic mainly. Poison can be enhanced as I progress to be a versatile and potent tool. Earth magic aid greatly in melee combat and I might be able to learn variants of it giving access to more tools. She hinted at the end goal of any elemental mage, celestial magic. The combination of all elemental magic types.

This knowledge and my fighting training continued. Mom made me learn how to fight unarmed and with a range and a melee weapon of my choice. Now ranged weapons are interesting in this world. They started the same and people realized that the higher leveled creatures require rounds made of rare materials and weapons made to handle these new rounds. It quickly became a losing battle for traditional firearms.

Two new types of firearms emerged from this, M-arms and E-arms. M-arms are what happens when you cross a wand with magic. You use mana to activate the spell inscribed into the weapon firing a magic bullet. E-arms are what happens when magic and non magic work on it. They replace the expensive materials with enchantments and durable materials that can take enchantments. While magic is needed in the creation of them, it is not needed to fire them.

Needing something easy to handle and preferably can be used one handed. That can also handle longer ranges and have enough stopping power to only need one well placed shot. A hand cannon came to mind, one from my old world the Smith & Wesson Model 500. Once I described what I wanted to mom she nodded, they are common for warriors to carry. The high strength of warriors can just ignore the recoil, taking away one of the big drawbacks.

For melee I was torn, in the end though I went with something a little over used. A claymore, one of the smaller variants of the greatsword. This one can be used reasonably one handed if your strength is high enough. Mom wanted me to go something exotic to mess with Mama, but understood why I went with a sword. Training while good was boring, but Mom bribed me with the idea of running a dungeon if I could impress Mama.

It is time, tomorrow is my birthday and tonight is when it should happen, if not tonight I will do so in six years. The first evolution happens at the tenth or sixteenth birthday, the why it is different is still unknown. I drink the tea the priestess prepared for me then passed out.

ALERT

Evolution starting

Name: Hræzla

Race: Echidna Wyrm

Sex: Hermaphrodite

Age: 10

Bloodline: Jörmungandr

 

Class: Child

Level: 50

Core: 1-5

STR: 1750

DEX: 1750

CON: 1750

INT: 1750

WIS: 1750

CHA: 1750

NOTICE

Currently you posses only the strength of a hatchling of your race, evolve your core to gain more of your birthright.

Yawning I fully wake up, seeing Mom looking at me expectantly. “Yes I evolved, though due to my core tier I am only as strong as a hatchling of the race, Echidna Wyrm.”

Her mouth opened in shock then I am pulled into a back breaking hug. “My little girl is so powerful! A hatchling wyrm can take on a party of silver adventurers and win, barely. Those are the feral ones, intelligent ones like you are stronger. We will head home today now that I do not need to worry about the restrictions, and you are more then ready to leave this little place. You can learn at the temple near our home and Mama will take over your martial training. Come one we are ready to go, I want to see her face when she sees you. She was worried you might have been sickly due to how little you cried as a baby.”

It did not take long getting ready, mainly packing up the blankets and pillows we use as bedding. Most of the packing was done over the last few days. Soon we find ourselves entering the second most guarded place in the town. The teleportation center, the locations of all nesting grounds are a well kept secret. With teleportation being the only way to access them. Stepping onto the runic circle in the ground with four pylons around it.

Are the boxes a good color? (Went defult for this time, and I use dark mode.)
  • yes Votes: 59 85.5%
  • green would be better Votes: 2 2.9%
  • blue would be better (differant shade) Votes: 3 4.3%
  • red would be better Votes: 2 2.9%
  • purple would be better Votes: 2 2.9%
  • suggestions below. (note I am trying to not flash bang people, so no neon orange.) Votes: 1 1.4%
Total voters: 69
18