Prologue – The World of Fanctus and Orphillia
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bored.

So, so bored. 

I am Orphillia, Empress of Serpents. And I have lived for a very, very long time.

Being a primordial beast, I have existed since the world, Fanctus, was created. And that was millions of years ago. And what did I have to do during all those years? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

As my body is that of a giant serpent, it is trivial for me to move large distances, both on land and water, in an instant. Thanks to this, I have been around the world many times, yet I find it boring and uninteresting. Due to my presence, all living creatures, aside from my fellow primordial beasts, will flee and cower before me. With just a thought, I can flood countries in water, or drown empires in poison. By simply moving, I can level mountains, create rivers and lakes, or erase whole continents. With just a thought, I can flood countries in a torrent of water, or drown empires in a sea of poison. 

Because of this, all these years, I have been lonely and bored.

 

"Why don't you just transform into a mortal form, so that you can explore the world like those little creatures do?" 

This was what Satia, the "Wise Tortoise", told me.

I found this idea to be amusing, and so I transformed myself from my serpent form to a beautiful and young, female human.

Thus, lo and behold, the human girl "Lia" came to be. Using this identity, Orphillia decides to travel the world of Fanctus in the form of a human, a decision that will impact the world greatly. Although, for better or worse, noone knows.

Meanwhile, in a place far away from Fanctus...

"Hehehehe... Now this is interesting... A primordial beast wondering around as a human? Now that's a first! Ah, might as well send in those souls now. Maybe I will get to see something fun for once!

And so begins the tale of Orphillia, Empress of Serpents and Guardian of the Otherworlders.

0