C204: Birthday (Part 1)
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 204: Birthday (Part 1)

John's perspective

Time had gone too fast, faster than I expected. This time was 4:39 AM, 12th of the second Autumn (September 12), 1173. The day till the war comes just only 3 months for all of us to prepare for it. Till now, the Warsaw Corps Army and the Green Marine Corps had been increasing personnel - military service was now fully mandatory.

Besides that, the new military unit: Sharpshooter had now been formed, the progress of crafting muskets and gunpowders was quite positive. Though, new problems happened, those new weapons must be tested without getting detected. 'Cause No Man Zone and the Krieg Base in general, to be the areas where we test the crafted musket. Also to train the recruited gunners for the unit.

But No Man Zone was not an isolated zone, people were still traveling there from this day to next days. Among them were merchants, Adventurers, people and elves. Traveling in the zone, purposing to trade or just to have a great trip, watching the beautiful sceneries.

So...in return, we dug more routes, making a large tunnel house down there for the troops to live in and to active there, with candles and lanterns as the light sources. Sometimes, basic training would take place in the tunnel, crafting weapons and ammunition would also be down there too. Gunners would also be trained down there, less risk of getting compromised...just maybe.

By the way, I thought about Vietnam War every time thinking about the tunnel. Because the way my military was doing was exactly like the way the VCs and the NVAs did, hiding in their underground strongholds, not letting our US find and destroy them. In addition, I found out the Beastmen's military had units that could be attached to the Navy and the Air Force. As my try, I composed a list of things, written inside a document, later handing it to the Beast generals.

Though my mind was supposed to be thinking, analyzing and preparing for the war. But today was Reimi's birthday - September 12, so I'd throw the war things aside while keeping her happy on this day, that's all. Maybe Reimi was still sleeping in the castle, so did my wife. This time, before dawn from outside, my feet were running to return to Veta castle after a short job.

I started running from Burav town to the castle to be the final point, and now was going home to stop the jog and take a cold bath. While jogging, I could feel my heart beating hard while my body was full of sweat. These days, I just wake up early than usual to exercise, even just a bit, would even make the progress to thicker my physical strength to prepare for the war.

From this time, I'd check on the daily task papers of the region which my wife and Reimi solve to tell them which ones they should solve. Meanwhile, I'd solve the parts of the paperwork which I considered hard for them to solve. About observing the military training in School Zone, Kane, Hatano, Sarah and I would do the part. Sometimes, Reimi would also join to assist me in that part.

When we were in our free time, we would plan, analyzing the war scenarios. While testing weapons and increasing the personnel number for the military, we also train our bodies to prepare for war too. But today was Reimi's birthday, so I'd keep the war aside for only today, she needs to be happy today.

Shortly, I kept the incoming war aside while running home. At least, the castle had already appeared in front of me, just dozens of meters then I'd go home for real. So I increased my running speed and started sprinting, though I was a bit exhausted, but kept grinding hard. 

"You must have been exhausted, enjoy your victory, my Lord". - When I was about to reach the castle's entrance, a woman's voice called me, she encouraged me to return

I ignored her talk and ran until I reached the castle's entrance. Later stopped running and stood inside the yard, lowering my body to steady my breath and my heartbeat. This time was still very early, I must rest a bit, having some good air while waiting till my body stops heating to go to the bath.

"Haahhh! Haahhhh! Haaahhhh!". - While lowering my head down, I could feel my entire body sweating, quite a lot 

Meanwhile, some footsteps from the right side of the castle's entrance approached me. I looked in that direction and realized that was Milia - whose previous name was Milch - Eli (Erissen's mother). Though I didn't remember her well, but she told me she used to be my acquaint from the past.

Now she was my private maid, just a beautiful adult woman who wore a dark blue maid uniform. With her hands wearing white gloves, holding a blue cloth to clean the sweat on my face. Though this woman was fully clothed, her body was as if to seduce me, making me get hard!

This one child woman was also the one who...took my virginity, which was just a secret she told me recently. I'd say her beautifulness was very strange, it kinda sucked me in, thirsty for her body and soul. But...now she was just one of two private maids of mine in this castle, no more else to say about. Because I felt bad for her and her daughter to face their circumstances. So I gave her a job in this castle, which was my stupid decision if I have to be honest.

Because...she would be the one I should keep my eyes on, I guessed. Since she always tries to seduce me, asking me to let her "serve" me in exchange for "immediate salary". Well, I got the astray relationship trapped with her for a while now. Sometimes when I see my affair would surely not be caught by my wife, that would be the time I accept her "service". 

To say about the affair, I enjoyed having sex with this hot adult woman, to be honest. But about betraying my wife, not at all, I never enjoyed it but just wanted to end this money relationship with Milia. Though...the way she was doing now made me feel to be excited...at lot, gulp. 'Cause, while standing in front of me, she just wiped my sweat with a blue cloth.

That wasn't unusual until she lowered her body and exposed her big breast, which was now catching my eyes. Gulp...though I was exhausted, looking at this woman could make me get hard more than ever...not good, now I must stop!

"You look tired, my Lord...do you need me to "serve" you during your bathe...?".  "Your wife's still sleeping...come on...enjoy my body as long as you like...come". - Shit, even when she was wiping my sweat, could have time to whisper to me those seductive words, this old bitch was so cunning! 

"Get off me...". - I used my right hand, using a bit of force to shove her away without letting her fall

"Oh my...young men these days are so complicated to satisfy, aren't they?".  "Sorry for making you feel annoyed, my Lord...I just, care about you too much when you don't have time to ask your wife to relieve you". - Maybe I should ignore her, letting her words infiltrate my mind was not good at all, especially when the war was about to come 

I looked away to ignore Milia while thinking about what I should do next. All of sudden, my eyes saw something stopping in front of the castle's entrance, so I looked in that direction to find out. Turned out that was a green carriage - which surface had Spera region flag, it was from Hatano's, she was here.

Because today would be Reimi's birthday, paperwork in my place would be let off so I ordered Hatano to solve the papers. Because on this birthday, my wife and others would rest to enjoy the day. Meanwhile, Hatano would have to work our region's affairs, as her punishment. As my wife's wish, I had already kicked my subordinate out of my house for safety, or so I thought.

The new piles of task papers that had already been collected in previous hours, now need to be solved. Hatano would do that part. But of course, I'd have to observe her, in case she writes anything wrong on the papers about military upgrading. I stood there, waiting for her to come out from the carriage. Shortly, Hatano came out from the transport without wearing her Army uniform but a yellow cloak...which had the looking like...a hoodie? 

She slowly approached me until we were face to face, Hatano gave me a military salute while standing straight. Her face as usual, was still emotionless even when she was saluting me. I nodded to her while pointing my head to the castle's front doors, asking her to go inside to solve the daily paperwork.

"Roger...". - Hatano walked past me while whispering, making sure she had understood my order, later she stopped saluting and walked casually 

Though...she was very obeyed to me by now, but somehow I suspected her, even just a little. Even though, no suspicious actions against me till this time. I only saw that suspiciousness on her face, but didn't seem she would do anything against me.

Hatano approached the front doors, opened them and went inside. Later, I returned to Milia and snatched the blue cloth on her hand to wipe my sweat instead of letting her assist. I wiped the sweat on my shoulders, my neck and my face, later my chest and even my upper back. Should have changed my clothes, wearing something more comfortable instead of this white tank top.

"Grab some water, I need it". - I ordered Milia to prepare for me a water cup, 'cause I was thirsty after jogging from the town to my house 

"Understood, my Lord". - Milia heard my order, she later went inside the castle, and I stood outside, kept wiping the sweat until making sure my body was cleaned

Later, I lifted my right hand up to see my digital watch: 4:46 AM, this time my wife might be waking up now. Reimi would have a day off today, just hope she would enjoy having more naps instead of waking up early. 

"Johnny, looks like you left your woman behind, go get her". - While thinking about getting inside the castle, Advisor suddenly sounded

"What?".

"Behind you, Johnny". - He just simply turned his green screen to the area map

As I see, besides my blue dot on the screen alongside other green dots of women soldiers, there was also another blue dot behind me. More right to say, that strange blue dot was moving from the dirt trail I used to run from the town to my house. This time, I realized someone else except Sarah, Reimi and I owned another Advisor...wait a minute!

As I turned behind to look at the castle's entrance, a woman figure could be seen running to the position, later she stopped. That was Reimi, she lowered her body and gasped exhaustedly after making a long run. Realizing something strange had just happened, I approached Reimi and saw her look at me, waving her hand to greet me.

"Reimi, how did you get here?".  "Today's your birthday, no need to wake up this early, you've pushed yourself too much, just rest".

"John...haahh...hahhh...sorry, please give me a bit moment".  "Sorry for letting you wait".  "That's my duty to wake up early...to protect you and Her Highness".  "Just seeing you running so I tried to keep up with you...though, it showed me I was late, wasn't it?". - 

She looked so sexy...the way she wore the exercise suit to get comfortable while sweating made me feel excited. No, not good at all, now I must be patient. 'Cause I'd have to wait for the right time today to give Reimi the present for her birthday. Of course, only can do that when my wife was sleeping, must choose the right time to perform it.

"Hey...you said you would give me "A white birthday", right John?". - After finishing gasping for a long run, Reimi slowly moved closer to me, whispering sexily while our bodies touched each other, and sweating together 

"Yeah...white to your body to your soul, full of my smell". - After her birthday, must be strict on my work out, my mind was full of dirty so I must get rid of it...but today I would let loose to enjoy 

"John...". - Both of us later leaned to each other closer, about to have a very wet kiss

"Hey, your wife's movement detected, get her out of here, Johnny...otherwise, just kiss".

"We will meet later, John...". - Reimi was so scared of Advisor's warning so she left me while looking for somewhere to hide, later managed to dip her body into the straws...of the horse's keephouse 

I felt so relieved when she hid successfully, so I looked at Advisor's screen, seeing there was a red dot moving. That was my wife, the dot kept walking around my room and Reimi's room in the Lord's zone, later moving outside. Shera must have newly woken up. Our strange disappearances must have confused her, so was looking for us, lucky that my wife hadn't caught me cheating.

I was about to go in but later realizing hadn't ordered the Spera carriage to park somewhere in my castle's area. But so lucky when a woman soldier as a volunteer came out and ordered the carriage to be parked in an empty space in the horse keephouse. The carriage later moved to the area and parked right in it. Coincidentally, it covered the place Reimi was hiding, so she could be safe from my wife now...sigh!

"John, are you here?". - Meanwhile, I heard the door opening, so I looked at the front doors and saw my wife

She was still wearing her blue sleeping skirt, must have hadn't changed it after waking up. Shera approached me without saying a word, she touched my body which was still wetting a bit, as if to figure out something.

"Good morning, John...sorry, I woke up late while you were running outside".  "Milia said you were here".  "You must be very tired right now, come inside, I'll prepare for you a bath". 

"Kiss!".  "Come one, let's get inside, John...maybe a big breakfast would be fit to regain your health this morning". - After kissing me sweetly, my wife led me inside the castle

"Anyway, John, I don't see Reimi anywhere, where's she?". - Which words should I use to lie to my wife now?

"...".  "Maybe she's going to dispose the letters, Shera". - The things I mentioned earlier were Stella's letters sent to me, my sister-in-law kept asking me to visit her in the castle 

"But...today's her birthday, poor Reimi when she has to do such things like that".  "Luckily that the guests to her birthday only have us".  "Stella and my brother...others should not join in, they're not trustworthy to me, John". - After speaking to each other for a short time, both of us headed into our room, preparing for the clothes to change because shortly, we have to bathe together

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

By now our breakfast time had ended for a few minutes. I'd join Shera and Reimi later, my wife and her were chatting about the party, now would be held when we hold Reimi's birthday party. This time, I was beside Hatano in the workroom. I was checking on the finished task papers to see if my subordinate was doing it right or not.

I kept focusing on each paper while changing to another one as I finished reading one. As I could see, Hatano had solved these papers very well without having any problems for me to solve. As I finished reading, I put the paper on the left side of the worktable while staring at Hatano - who was still solving the papers.

She was doing it well, maybe I should keep my observation out of her from now on. So I got off the chair and walked to the Lord's zone door. Before coming in, I stared at Hatano once again to make sure she would not do anything against me.

"Commander...the truce's still there...don't worry...". - The way the truce was still in effect made me both worried and happy

'Cause...till this time, Hatano hasn't had any strange behaviors yet. Which made me worried if she gets pregnant or not, I hope her belly would still be normal, not getting bigger as I once imagined. I hope so...hope so. 

All of sudden, when I was about to grab the door's handle to open it, my wife and Reimi stepped out and encountered me. Now I realized their clothes were quite...strange. My women were wearing formal clothes. Reimi didn't wear her armor but strangely wore a brown noble coat, while Shera wore a blue dress.

"Hey, John...maybe I and Reimi will go to the Capital a bit, hehe".

"Where you're about to go out there with her, Shera?". 

I know my wife was fine, but I would surely suspect and get jealous when she goes anywhere without my following. Because, I was scared to be betrayed, though the one who betrays my wife was me. Shera didn't have any for me to suspect at all but...maybe after having too many affairs, I was scared my wife would betray me...

"We intend to shop a bit, maybe to buy her a cake too, John".  "Today's her birthday, so I think we should buy a big one to celebrate, what do you think?". - Shopping, huh?

"Nod...".  "About the cake, let me handle it".  "Sarah will do the part, she knows to choose the best cake for Reimi". 

"Okay".  "By the way, John! May you come with us too? 'Cause beside her, I'd like to buy for you some new clothes, please go with us". - Shera asked me to join her to the Capital to shop, I was free this time so maybe I would go 

"Nod".  "Wait for me a bit, Shera, have to change my clothes an-". - All of sudden, when I was talking to my wife and Reimi, the castle's front doors suddenly opened

That was Sarah, she must have come here to eat free on this birthday, I think so. These sisters were not invited to Reimi's birthday party due to the previous incident when they ate my wife's cake before I could bring it to her. What a good time for me to order her. Maybe I should send someone with her in case this silly eats Reimi's cake after buying it.

"Hi sis, you're working?".  "Where's John and others?". - Sarah came in and saw her older sister, she greeted her and looked around the room

"Commander! Hehe... morning". - After seeing me, Sarah smiled cheerfully while approaching me and the others

"Yeah...morning".

"Good to see you, Lady Sarah".

"Morning, Sarah...". - My wife turned to look at Reimi while grabbing my right shoulder

"Reimi, I hope you won't mind if I order you to go with Sarah".  "I rethought it recently, letting you go with my husband is unacceptable".  "Especially...this is your birthday, John...cannot go with you, only me can...". 

"Understood, my Highness". - Reimi seemed to be a bit sad when she could not go with me and my wife

"Please let Reimi follow you, Sarah".  "When she can choose her best cake, deliver it here in piece, okay?". 

"Hehe...Princess, what's about my, hehe...". - Sarah was quite energetic today, she leaned her hand to Reimi's shoulder while giving Shera a thumb up

"All the dishes in the kitchen will be yours as a reward".  "Now do your duty, Sarah...gift my servant the best cake she wants". - Though my wife was speaking to Sarah and Reimi normally, somehow I sensed she was madly jealous...as if to kick these "stings" out of her sight 

"Wait, Princess! I come here to eat tho, just in a sud-".

"A small piece of cake and a bunch of dishes...choose...".

"Of course the second one, Your Highness". - Her mind changed completely when it comes to foodstuff!

"Then go...quick...food's very much, doesn't have enough people to eat, it's all yours".

"Ok, Princess!". - After hearing it, Sarah grabbed Reimi's hand and both of them vanished after going through the door, Reimi wanted to bow to us before going but was too late to do it

"Ahhh, I forgot to say to you something, Sarah...you'll be the only one to clean all the dishes if you decide to eat". - My wife seemed to want to play with Sarah, she chuckled slowly while hugging me

"Let's get to your room, John...I'd like to buy for you and Reimi some new clothes". - Both of us later slowly came inside the Lord's zone, heading to our room to change the clothes

...

...

...

...

...

Then...we took a carriage to the Capital and went on shopping for Reimi's birthday. And now...we came home now, my wife bought quite a lot of clothes. But bought for herself and me the most. 

She did buy clothes for Reimi too, but not as much as for her and me. Sarah and Reimi just had recently come home, they brought the newly bought birthday cake to the kitchen by now. About me, I was still with Hatano, observing her actions with the task papers.

My wife was also with me too, but didn't seem to stay here to observe Hatano but me. Maybe Shera was scared that I would have some kind of relationship with my subordinate so she followed me. 

When I was observing Hatano, my wife tapped my shoulder for some reason. I looked at her and she stared at me straightly, as if wanting to say something.

"John, may I suggest you something?".

"Nod!".

"About Milia, I don't like her here at all, one woman like Ilis beside you's enough for me to get mad".  "We've been helping her for more than a month, don't you think we should dismiss her right now?".  "I don't want to be mean but...the salary she's been given might be enough for her and her daughter to live for a while out there". - Again, my wife gets jealous every time I have women around me

Each Lord was supposed to have a private maid, while I have two. That was obvious when my wife gets jealous. Though...Shera never dismissed Reimi, maybe that was her servant so she let her off the elimination. 

Anyway, after this birthday party, I must stay sharp to deal with the incoming war. No more joking around, or these funny or these frustrating memories anymore. When the war comes, we'll have to be together, must prioritize my wife's and others' safeties. Despite...I wanted to flee alongside my family, but I must have most of the responsibility since I was the leader. 

"Alright, alright, my wife...sure, I'll dismiss her shortly, just give me time". - By the way, I must make sure Milia doesn't have anything to blackmail me with before I fire her, I never want my family's happiness to be shattered 

"I'm glad to hear it, John...". - Shera later hugged me happily, long time no do so I was quite excited when my wife hugged me, but I know I must hold it back for Reimi

"Anyway...when does the birthday start?".

"Hmmm...I'd like to decorate our house for more, John".  "Maybe this night, my uncle said he's busy, but I'd like to wait for him to come".  "Without fleshes and blood, but Reimi's still his adopted daughter, so he must come to her birthday, right John?" - My uncle-in-law was actually working in Stansa, he had already sent an apology letter to us yesterday, saying he cannot come to Reimi's birthday 

"I think we should not wait for him, Shera...waiting too long will miss time". 

"Then I'll wait till noon as planned, John...what do you think about taking a look at the cake right now?". 

"Yeah, lead me there, Shera". - Though I wanted to stay here with Hatano a bit but maybe I'd stop it, she wasn't suspicious till now

Hearing my words, my wife nodded slightly and smiled while grabbing my hand. Both of us later walked to the Servants' zone, to the kitchen to look at the birthday cake. As we walked inside the kitchen, the cake could be seen placed on a large table in the middle. 

Of course, Sarah was around here, eating the dishes from the left-side dining table. 'Cause of the promise, all the dishes had now belonged to my silly subordinate. While the maids and other servants had to stay starved, poor them.

"Let me lead you there, John". - My wife led me to the birthday cake, we walked past the chairs and tables in the room to head to the table which was holding it

As I could see, the cake was quite large and was now covered by a wide brown round cage. Avoiding exposure to the oxygen outside. This birthday cake would be decorated later, though its size had shown me how much its cost...

"She said buying this large to share with us and others, what a kind servant of mine...". - Shera slowly put the cage away from the cake, which was a very big white birthday cake, that looked lovely

"Hmmm...John, my birthday didn't have this big one...". - Somehow, her voice showed me her jealousy, must have been very mad when her cake was not as big as Reimi's

Not so long after Reimi's birthday would be mine, though I'd ask my wife not to hold it. That was a waste of money and time, especially when the war was about to be broken out. 

Must remind my wife later, now must decorate this cutie before bringing it to Reimi. She was now inside the living room, waiting for us to come to celebrate. This must be the right time to decorate the cake, since I was here and readied to help my wife and the maids decorate it.

"Hey, maybe we should decorate it here, Shera...". 

"Johnny, think otherwise, man...sensed something?". - He should have been turned off, the thing I want from Advisor was to keep silent when I don't need him but he could not do that part, shit 

"Hmmm...yeah, I also thought like you too...John".  "But you know? This one's still in piece, while on my birthday, mine lost some...not fair at all...". 

"That's just a cake, my wife! No need to get jealous of such a thing li-".

"Hmmm...if Reimi and I were born on a same day, which one would you bring the cake to?". - That's hard to answer...since I'd choose to bring for both

"Of course for you, my wife".

"Hmmm...then it's not a big deal with this cutie if it loses some pieces, right?". - My wife's jealousy was beyond my imagination, that was just a cake but she kept exaggerating the problem, so bullshit!

"I think we should n-".

"Hmmm...after all these years, I never want to jail your mind but you keep thinking about someone except me...".  "Hmmm...sorry, John...just a few pieces to be lost...". 

"Yeah, yeah...". - I'd use the "White birthday" event to comfort Reimi instead, my wife's selfishness when she gets jealous was unpredictable, I wish I could read her mind to please her!

"Thanks...just a few pieces like I said, John...don't worry". - After saying this to me, my wife looked at the maids who were working in the kitchen

"Everyone, you all must be very hungry, right?".

"Yes, Your Highness! We don't have anything to eat". - I looked away, letting my wife solve her personal problems with the cake, pretending not to be concerned about it

"Come on, half of this cake's now yours, grab and share...alright?" - Hmmm...poor Reimi...

"Understood, Your Highness". - After nodding, those maids started grabbing dishes and eating tools, heading to the cake to...dig its pieces up, one to one another, poor you!

"Hey, give me one, give me one too!". - Having those dishes was not enough to satisfy your gluttony, dumbass?!

"Right away...". - My wife happily replied to Sarah while grabbing a knife, cutting a piece of the cake and bringing it to Sarah

"Here you are, enjoy...". - Putting down the small plate which held a piece of cake, my wife returned to me while looking at the half-slayed cake satisfyingly...I realized she had gotten smarter after times getting jealous 

Right now, I stopped pretending but looked at the cake officially. Half of it, as my wife ordered the maids, had been cut off and was now being eaten and enjoyed by the maids and Sarah. At least half of the cake was still there. Still enough to bring it up to Reimi to celebrate her birthday, I was so glad.

"So full!".  "Ladies, I'm now filled, still many things I haven't touched yet, help me please, hehe". - After gobbling the dishes for a while, Sarah finally got full and now was asking people to eat the remaining ones...you were kidding me, right?

The maids who were hungry earlier, were now grabbing the dishes and eating alongside the cakes of Reimi's. All of sudden, Shera stared at the cake, looking at it casually though her face showed me her jealousy or something.

"Hmmm...something's still missing, not good...at all...".  "Hmmm...". - Though my wife was still very frustrated to see the cake, at least she didn't do anything to break it anymore

Suddenly, Shera hugged me as if to calm herself down, 'cause the cake "was still there". Luckily I grabbed the round cage and covered the cake, managed not to trigger my wife's jealousy. Sigh...I was too tired of this incident, kept happening without ending.

"Sigh...it'd be great if I could stop my jealousy and enjoy her birthday in peace, John...".  "Next month will be your birthday, another time will be the time we popular to the people the evacuation by using a false alarm". "Upgrading the military, setting up the martial law, tightening the security...".  "And another last month, will be the time the war begins...".  She hugged me tighter while thinking about the scenarios in the future

Needless to say, I was also sad to know it, powerlessly looking it happen. Despite seeing the future, no one of us could stop it from happening, just only have time to prepare for it, hoping to win the war. Sigh...didn't know what to do so I simply patted my wife's head, trying to comfort her. Today would be funny. But when it comes tomorrow, no going back but to keep going through our fates...sigh...

"Don't worry, Shera...don't worry, we'll surely survive". 

"Let me stay with you, John...hearing from Reimi you would stay makes me worried more, don't leave me...".

"Yeah...I won't...I won't". - To make my wife less worried, my hand kept head patting her 

"Anyway...we must decorate the cake, Reimi must be waiting for us to bring it to her, John". - While hugging me, my wife stared at the half-birthday cake on the table, as if intending to do with it

"Should we buy a new one?". - I asked my wife if she wanted to buy another cake for Reimi or not

"Maybe...half-cake for a birthday doesn't make sense".  "But...what should we do with the broken one?". 

"Let Sarah deal with it, her place has a camp, kids in there surely love to eat it".

"If you say so, John...".  "Anyway, why don't we go to buy another one now?". 

"Yeah, let's go".  "Sarah, there's a cake over there, we leave it to you, use it as you want, alright?". - I grabbed Shera's right hand, both of us later moved, getting out of the kitchen, leaving the half-birthday cake behind

"I'm still very jealous, John...let me choose the cake instead, alright?". 

"Nod...". - Both of us later walked away from the kitchen, heading outside to buy another birthday cake 

1