C266: Unseen Forces (Part 1)
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 266: Unseen Forces (Part 1)

John Rigen's perspective

From what I can remember, we are now on our way to the Palace of the Demon Kingdom's Capital. I don't know how long till we reach there, but at least the escort is still going, though it's slow. Rivia's group also follows us, though we don't know if they're in the truck or not.

As we reached the border of Demon Kingdom, the Lieutenant told us that we would go to Nilreb - the Capital to meet up with the Demon Lord. But the flight to the Palace was impossible. The helicopter's fuel couldn't take that long flight. Even if it could, it would need to be refueled many times.

Rivia then immediately contacted a radio station - one of many military outposts around the country for the assist. One station nearby picked up, then accepted to help her unit. Shortly after that, the chopper came to a big fortress in the middle of a plain. It landed there, and we stepped outside.

Everything was fine until those Knight Rangers of the Lieutenant tied our hands by using ropes. They warned us, asking us to follow strict instructions of their laws. Then a green military truck showed up. They put us on the vehicle's backside, then blindfolded, covered our faces by using brown bags.

They might have... drugged us to sleep or something... I'm not too sure. But whatever had happened, we are now "escorted" to a place we never come before, our fates are also unknown till this time.

(Alright, it's enough). - All of sudden, I heard someone speaking in the Deranic language.  (The doze's fading away, they'll wake up soon). - I felt like someone had just put water in my mouth

I unconsciously swallow that strange sour water, I don't... get it yet. Somehow I'm having back a little bit of my consciousness, a bit of light. Now I can feel that my throat's sore, my belly is screaming. I'm sure to be hungry, I'm also thirsty too.

(I want to see their faces). - A powerful voice sounded out, it seemed to be from a woman

Suddenly once again, I feel like someone is lifting me up very forcefully. They put me in a kneeling pose as if I have to submit before someone. Seems like my hands are still tied, they are put on my back.

(Wake up...). - Wait... was that Rivia's voice?

I open my eyes tiredly, my hazy mind is still walking around without letting me be sober even a bit. I can see a bit of the scenery around me. The interior is somewhere very wide, built with bricks, with a light blue color.

Before me is a long line of red silk path. It leads to the high floor, above me, the five rectangular blocks as stairs. In the middle of the last path of the silk is a golden chair... like a throne. A white woman is sitting there, her yellow eyes are staring at me slowly.

Her eyes are full of power, the power of a ruler. She wears a purple coat, full of furs from the neck side of the coat. Everything seems fine with the woman till I spot two black horns on her head.

She wears a purple thing on her head that looks like a metal crown. Alright, the one before me seems to be some kind of Queen, or... a King.

She has a white long hair, like silver to me. She tilts to the right with her hand putting on the throne's arm tightly.

"Fuuu...!". - The woman made a big sigh, her face seemed to be... disappointed.  (I've expected that would be three, brief me on every one of 'em).

Three...? Wait a bit.

I tiredly look around, then realize that my wife, Reimi, and even Yura are with me. Reimi's woken up before me or something. She looks around, sensing things in cautious in every of her look. Meanwhile, the prophet is still a bit hazy. Her reaction's quite slow, hasn't woken up yet.

My wife has just opened her eyes, so she is still new to things around. She glances at me a few times as if to ask me to help her, she is nervous.

"We'll be okay...". - I talked to her tiredly

Seeing my situation, Shera stays silent after I encouraged her to calm down. Right now, the four of us are brought here to present before her. Just wonder if we can be untied and walk free around here after this or not. I hope we can, I just hope it to come.

(This one's J-).

(I know who he is, I've seen him in the dream I met the Goddess). - That woman said something to Rivia as she pointed at me.  (The three other ones... who are they?). - She glanced at my group members, I just hope she won't have any bad intentions with them

(Roger). - The Lieutenant nodded, then pointed at Shera.  (This woman's the former Princess of Warsaw, she's been outcasted...).  (Shera Rigen, John's wife). 

(This one's called Reimi Frieden - their bodyguard). - She pointed at Reimi, then fastly diverted to the prophet.  (This white crossbred... is Yura Jung Zaira Anderson, Your Majesty).  (She's the village's prophet, she comes here as a representative of Jung Kingdom for the alliance). - Done saying, Rivia put her hand down

(Anderson...?). - The woman King suddenly headed up, she gazed at Yura.  (The village, the surname of her very far ancestor)...).  (Rivia, tell me).

(As you thought, Your Majesty).  (This woman has a relationship with you, you can say that you're her very great grandmother).

(So that man had truly ended up living in that village then married a native there...). - The woman lowered her face, her eyes seemed to be a bit dark, hated.  (Never come to see me, he made me to be born then left this place...). - She later looked up, returned to her serious face.  (I asked for the three heroes, where are the two others...?).

(Sir Rigen told me that they're having a journey, they parted ways with him).  (We can't find them... Hero doesn't even know where they are now).

(Search for them, they can't be far... they can't never set their feet in anywhere else but the Human Continent).  (About them, I'll take it from here so... leave). - She glanced at every one of us, then said something to the Lieutenant

(Roger, Your Majesty). - Rivia nodded before the woman.  (I'll surely bring them back to you as soon as possible).

(Before you go...). - That King woman suddenly spoke to Rivia when she was about to go away.  (It's been a while since you left patrolling around the Snow Border).  (Monsters have been increasing these days in your home - Diva).  (Many units are sent there to take 'em out, though they're still overwhelmed).  (As a border Knight, you must return to your home to fulfill your duty, you should better have a successor before it's too late).

(Roger, I'll put another to take my place in the finding mission).  (I'll return to my home in no time, Your Majesty). - Rivia nodded to the woman, then she left the throne room in silence

The Lieutenant isn't with us anymore, it makes all of us feel so nervous. The woman on the throne glances at us with her disappointed face. She boringly steps down from the throne, then approaches us silently. Then the woman ignores us, she raises her hand while going to the door.

"Get up, humans". - A heavy voice sounded out from behind, asking us to get up

I look back and see a huge Orc on our backs. He's a soldier, armed with white metal armor with entire his face almost covered by the metal helmet. His belt has full of pouches, a sword attached to the left side and nearly round items that look like... grenades. He's pointing a rifle at me.

The rifle is purple, and looks exactly like an M1 Garand used by the US military during world war II. Its barrel has a bayonet mounted on it, this Orc is pointing both the barrel and the bayonet at me. A short moment later, another Orc soldier with the same arms comes to us to aid him as well. Their rifles only order us "go or die, choose".

"We'll be okay... we'll be okay". - I tiredly comforted my wife and others

"Follow Her Majesty, now...". - They warned us

The four of us get up slowly, then start walking toward the woman King. We follow her from behind, we walk with our sore throats and hungry bellies, begging to be fed. Meanwhile, our hands are tied up and we walk with our tired feet. Behind us are two Orcs, with their rifles loaded and ready to take out lives.

The woman comes to the grand door and the guards there open it for her and she steps out. We get there shortly then slowly step out of the door to follow that woman. While following her in the hallway, I see guards standing on both sides of the walls.

"Do not look, move faster!". - One Orc kicked my back, pushing me forward

I glare at that Orc, he seems to be very pissed. But I neglect him afterward, then keep following the woman King. Shera and Reimi are still very nervous, my eyes tell them to stay calm. Yura is trying to get used to the environment.

A short moment later, the woman stops before a great door on the left side hallway. The guards there open the door for her. She glances at the Orc guards that are escorting us before going inside the room in silence.

"We'll be fine, don't worry...". - I told others to calm down, then moved forward

We reach the room, then come inside. Before I appears to be a wide room which has a very large and wide white table, with a big cloth covering its surface. Before we can see anything else, those Orcs push us forward forcefully.

"Sir down... and eat...". - The woman ordered us to sit at the great table, she shortly took a seat opposite to us

All of us slowly take a seat, one by one. From the time I sit at the table, I see lots of dishes all around on its surface, right in time when we are hungry. A swift sound is later heard, and my hands suddenly feel free to move. I look behind to confirm it... and it's real.

Those Orc guards had cut the ropes and untied us, they even left the room before we could realize. At this moment, this dining room only has the four of us and the woman. She glances at every one of us without speaking. Then raises her hand as if to ask us to eat.

"Im Darker, as known as the Demon Lord of Demon Kingdom". - She put her hands on the table, then stared at us.  "Thanks for coming here, since the world is in danger".  "Full your tummies first, then we'll talk". - She turned around after introducing herself to us, she just sat there without caring about us

All of us are bewildered and don't know how to react or act in this kind of situation. Reimi grabs a metal knife as if to use it to defend herself, she keeps staring at the "Demon Lord" cautiously. My wife looks down to see the dishes, she seems to be confused.

"These things are odd...". - Yura saw the odd dishes around her, she was very confused

"I don't have any bad intentions, I know my way of welcoming y'all is wrong...". - Darker turned around then glanced at us.  "Like I said, relax, sit down, enjoy the meal till all of you are full".  "After that, we'll head straight to other things".

"How can we trust you...?". - I said to her

"This's the time for all races to ally with each other, we don't have time to fight against ourselves".  "Instead of pointing our weapons at each other, point 'em up the sky". - I don't understand what she meant at all

"The food's safe, everyone". - Yura told us when she was drinking a water cup, she had also tasted some pieces of dishes on the table

"Eat... and we'll talk". - The Demon Lord asked us to eat once again

We decide to let off her, then start trying our best to fill our burning stomachs. I grab the eating tools, then start gobbling the nearest roasted creature before my eyes. Although I don't know what it is, its meat seems to be good enough to eat. Reimi is eating in cautious, while my wife seems to be very confused.

"Shera...?". - I started eating slowly to focus on my wife

"I can't get used to it at all... these are very odd".  "These things don't look good for my stomach, they're very weird". - You're right, Shera. Dishes on the table are just full of odd things that we have never seen in our lives

Shera is also pregnant, she should eat something safe and good for her. But I wonder what kind of food can she eat without having problem. Hmmm... I can see a pot on the right side. I open the cover and see full of vegetable things inside of the pot.

"These things look safe?". - I asked my wife, but she just stared inside the pot

"Maybe...". - Though my wife was still nervous, she decided to eat up the soup

I struggle a bit, then manage to pour out a fine soup into my wife's bowl. She's hesitated, but soon tries to eat the soup. We act this clumsily because we don't know what we should do the best. Especially when we're in a very strange place, before a strange woman and used to face the mistreats from her previously.

"I'm okay now...". - My wife was relieved when the soup was easy for her to eat

All of us go on eating the dishes after a short moment of clumsiness. Though we have many things to ask this woman, we will have to finish our meals first before doing it. We keep eating the dishes, while the Demon Lord just sits there, looking and does nothing more than that.

I sense that sometimes she glances at me. Sometimes she just looks at a space in the room, but most of the time, she glances at the prophet. However, I don't care about that much. I go on eating, trying to finish as fast as I can.

"John Rigen?". - All of sudden, the Demon Lord called me

"?". - I looked up, wondering

"The hero that the Goddess summoned... there are two others like you".  "Since you don't know where they are, we have to wait till both of 'em are found, then we can head to the land of God". - Shit, can't this bitch talk to us in a normal way?

The way she says is like talking to herself only, but forces the one to hear it to oblige... shit. That kind of upper talking makes me pissed off a bit, no respect for that kind of talking at all.

"Shera Rigen and Reimi Frieden? The Hero's wife, and his servant". - She suddenly talked to my wife and Reimi

"Ummm... yes, what do you need from me... Your Majesty?". - Reimi bowed when she greeted the woman, as if she was scared of her

"Your Majesty...? What do you want to speak to us...?". - My wife tried to speak to the woman politely, though she had a bit of fear and caution

"You two are uninvited... but you can stay since you're the Hero's servants". - Don't say it like you're our ruler, bitch.  "All of you may have been told by the Lieutenant, about the world's situation, the doomsday we're about to face, not us, but this entire world".  "You were Princess... did you run away from your family?". - She went on targeting Shera

"Ummm... yes". - My wife replied when she was eating.  "My brother's driven me away, I'm not in Royal family anymore... just a peasant".

"Then we can't form an alliance with the humans, you two can't be a representative". - The Demon Lord looked away after that  "Worthless... both are worthless, no use". - She whispered something

"The last one... Yura Jung Zaira Anderson?". - The Demon Lord immediately pointed her eyes at the prophet

Yura doesn't say anything, she just gazes at the Demon Lord then bows to her. The woman goes silent instead of speaking something to the prophet. Although we see that is odd, we later return to eating to stuff our bellies. The Demon Lord is still staring at the prophet.

"You're a representative of Jung Kingdom, aren't you?".

"Yes, Your Majesty...". - Yura didn't eat, she was focusing on the conversation

"Only one representative of a race is enough to form the alliance".  "You'll represent not just Jung, but all three elven Kingdom, the entire elves for this alliance".

"Wait, it's so sudden... I c-".

"The alliance of all races should be formed as soon as possible, the world's in danger than ever". - Darker used her strong voice to force us to oblige.  "Now we don't fight for ourselves, but for this world, for our fate too".  "The Goddess is leaving us, she wants us dead".  "Stop our current hatred, let off the past and move on with the peace, become allies to protect this world till the enemy's gone".

"Oh... but I have to talk to the Elders and the Monarchs".

"A unit will be sent there for the talking, Miss...". - Then the Demon Lord went silent

We return to focus on our meals, we want to finish things fast. However, Darker is still staring at the prophet. She seems to be having something, something to ask the elf girl. But in private.

"How did he die?". - Suddenly, she asked the prophet

"Eh?". - Yura stopped using her meal, she tried to figure out what the Demon Lord was asking her

"You're his descendant, aren't you...? One of the two heroes that got summoned to this world 500 years ago".

I have some recollection of this story. This world 500 years ago used to have two soldiers who got summoned. They were a US pilot and an Imperial Japanese pilot from the second world war.

But I forgot the entire story, can only ask King Ralla to retell it to me.

"Anderson, that surname...". - The Demon Lord asked Yura once again

While hearing the conversation, I hear my wife and Reimi whispering something to each other. Hmmmm... they say things like: "I don't get it, my Highness", and "I've got some memories of it, John used to tell me about it".

"Frank Jonathan, or Frank Anderson... that's his name". - The Demon Lord said out.  "My father, the one who got me to this world and never came back to see me or my mother...". - She tried to fade away her unpleasant face.  "He married a local elf in the village, a prophet".  "Is it correct...?".

"Ummm... yes".

"How did he die?".

"Please, Your Majesty, the past is the past".  "Just like everyone else, he died... just a normal death... he missed family from his old world".  "But he never told us about this thing... I mean, about the story you were his child".

"She kept waiting for him to come back, and he never returned... that "father" never came to see me".

"He might've died of his old age before he could do that, Your Majesty". - Yura said back, trying to explain things.  "Man's lifespan is short... you're more or about to be 500, but man hardly last 70".

".....................". - All of sudden, the Demon Lord went silent.  "I don't want to mention it anymore, so keep eating".

The dining room is filled with silence once again. We start eating the dishes in silence, trying to finish them fast. Somehow, Reimi focuses on looking above. She looks up the roof, she still eats, but mostly focuses on the roof.

"What's wrong...?". - My wife asked her

"My Highness, that's uhh...". - She pointed to a large glowing crystal, glowing a shiny blue

That thing is attached to the room's roof. It's the only one. If I remember right, that thing is called "crystal light", originally invented in Demon Kingdom. Now I just remember something, about this Kingdom's technology.

According to stories that King Ralla used to tell me, most modern technologies of this Kingdom were inspired by the US hero. Since the Demon Kingdom had the most potential to invent these things, the hero had got there to guide the demons to invent those technological things.

"It's a crystal light". - Darker replied to both of them

"It looks like lights that we saw in the previous world, John...".  "Though it has some differences". - Shera whispered to me

"What's that giant mirror?". - Reimi pointed to a giant black board on the side of the wall where the Demon Lord is sitting at

"TV, television...". - Done saying, the Demon Lord glanced at me

"John Rigen, you're a summoned hero of the Goddess...".  "Sir Ralla might've told you about the story of the two heroes from 500 years ago, is it correct?".

"Yeah...". - I stopped eating my meal

"The modern civilization of this Kingdom, the technology, mostly everything... all thanks to that man".  "My late father - Frank Anderson, who came from an otherworld country".  "United States of America".

"Yeah...". - I replied, nodding

My wife and Reimi are both confused and curious after they heard the Demon Lord's explanation. Their eyes ask that woman to tell them more about that ancient folklore. Yura seems to be curious too, she also wants to hear about that story.

Darker doesn't say anything, she turns around and looks at the TV's screen. Suddenly, that thing turns on all by itself. The screen shows us the black and white color. It also shows us a giant map of the "upside-down Europe". That's how the entire world of Euro Grant looks like, like Europe but upside down literally.

"This is...?". - Yura asked the Demon Lord

"The world - Euro Grant...". - The Demon Lord replied to the prophet when her eyes were still on the screen.  "Right exactly 521 years ago, the two heroes showed up in Zaira village". - She started telling us the ancient folklore.  "That time Jung Kingdom was called Islata".  "That time there was a great war between humans and demons, humans and their allies were on the verge of extinction... and they came".  "Using their metal dragons, they wounded the Demon Lord... my late mother". - Darker stayed silent for a while, then returned to look at the screen

"A peace agreement, a truce was founded after that incident shortly".  "No race provokes each other's land, you're born there, you will have to live there till the end of your life".  "That's how the No Man Zones were founded". - All of sudden, the screen started appearing black borders around the continents, the middle side had a white border

"No Man Zones, the lands that only allow you to travel and trade with the other race, warring is prohibited...".  "Through 500 years, no race except humans broke this truce...". - She turned around, then glanced at every one of us

"I'll send you a word: If my mother never asked me not to go to war, humans should've been wiped out right before you were born...". - Then she raised her hand, closing her palm tightly.  "For 500 years, we never set our foot on the land of humans".  "But you humans keep doing that with us for 500 years... by sending "Heroes from the summoning ceremony" here". - She glared at us with her yellow eyes.  "Doing that for what? To shorter this world's span...? Your beliefs about killing me for the safety of the world are very wrong".  "We demons also love to live in peace,  can't y'all behave to be more civilized like you always describe yourselves...?".

"Ummm...". - My wife and Reimi felt hard to explain

"Your eyes have conscience, really show me you're more civilized than most humans". - Darker shortly turned around then stared at the TV screen.  "We won't talk about this anymore, we'll return here".

"Since the demons were the culprits that led the world to danger, the truce banned them from contacting with the rest of the world...".  "That's why Snow Border was founded... just a dead land with full of snow".  "Some races who trade with demons, the borders of ours of those countries will have gaps for the trades".  "Except for the Dwarves, we hardly trade with other races, and we never trade with humans".  "About the snow border, one goes in will never go out since he'll die there due to the cold".

"What's about the fates of the two heroes...?". - Reimi asked the Demon Lord

"They died... they were humans after all". - She turned around, then the TV from her back automatically turned off on itself.  "Those two heroes, one came from a nation called the United States, while the other one came from... Imperial Japan".

"They parted ways after that great war, Anderson... lived in that village".  "While the Japanese guy, Takuya... traveled around the world".  "He got to a deserted island on the East, then named it Ashura - his daughter's name, he never saw her again...".  "That's how Ashura "the Empire of the never Dying but a Rising sun" was born...".

"Hmmm... I heard that he became a King...". - Suddenly, the Demon Lord talked when she was staring at Yura

"Yes, Your Majesty, my ancestor actually became a Monarch... but he soon retired after a few years".

"Then that's the time when he started traveling to the Demon's land... to take care of my mother's gunshot wounds, huh?". - Darker lowered her face, not letting us see it.  "That's how she fell in love with him...". - She looked up, trying to get rid of her previous unpleasant face

"Uhhh, Your Majesty?". - Suddenly, Yura spoke up once again.  "Actually, he traveled around the world to spread knowledge... but he stopped in your country for a while".

"Because we had "potential" to reinvent the similar technologies from his world". - Darker replied to Yura.  "That's because other Kingdoms didn't have that potential, but we did...".  "Otherwise, he would never have... came to treat her wounds, she would not... misunderstand that he loved her...".  "I'm tired of this...". - The Demon Lord shook her head a few times

"With the legacies he left, we became developed thanks to everything he brought to us". - She suddenly glared at Yura.  "Maybe only I was his unwished product... he didn't love my mom".  "She died waiting for him, she kept thinking that he would return to see her even just one day".

"I'm sorry to hear that, Your Majesty... I understand the feeling of living without a father beside you". - Yura felt like to be sorry for Darker

"That's not your fault... just keep eating till your stomach is full".  "You're my half-grandkid after all, Anderson". 

"I want to forget about it, we'll head straight to the point when you finish your meal". - Darker turned around and the TV screen turned on by itself once again

We return to finish our meals after that, now we are near to finish them. After we finish our meals, the Demon Lord will tell us about the God's land and the Apostles, I think. I must get there fast to present before those old women, huh? I hope things go well when I get there.

I hope I can be able to bring my subordinates back, I want them to be alive. Though I'm aware of this world's endangered situation, I can't still imagine how it goes.

"..................". - All of sudden, the Demon Lord glared at the door that leads outside of the dining room.  "Something's comin' here... guards, huh?". - She sat in a straighter pose.  "But I asked them not to disturb...". - She looked away, whispering something

Some of us find it weird, but we soon ignore it. We return to finish our meals, while the Demon Lord is having some kind of unseen nervousness. Her eyeballs open wider, as if she is sensing something bad around her. This silence... it's very odd to me, it's weird.

"Huh?!". - Suddenly, a loud bang on the door was heard

I feel something bad is going to happen to us. I immediately grab a knife then turn around to watch the room's door. Before my eyes are now bunches of guards, about a squad - 10 men. They breached the room earlier, they banged the door open.

"Everyone, get down!!!!!!!!!!!". - I saw them pointing their M1 Garand rifles at us, I shouted to warn my followers

"Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots!". - Dozens of gunshots were fired, we managed to lie on the floor so didn't get hit

"John!". - My wife was scared, she grabbed me

"Come here, follow me!!!". - I roared, telling them to follow

"Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots!". - In the middle of gunshots, we crawled under the dining table to hide

I know this is a stupid way, but we have no choice left to make right now. The only door that leads outside is the door where those goons are standing and blasting around. Luckily that their gunshots don't point at us, but at the Demon Lord. I bet that's a coup, they're trying to overthrow their ruler.

"Reimi...!". - When we were under the table, we saw Reimi crawling toward us

"I'm okay, my Highness...!".  "What should we do, what should we do right now?". - She nervously looked around

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!".  "Ping! Ping! Ping!". - The gunshots started getting lower, then ended shortly

"Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots! Gunshots!".  "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Urrrrrgggghh! Arrrrrggghhhhhhhhh! Urrrghhh! Ahhhhhhhhh!". - Bunches of shots suddenly sounded again, combined with painful screamings

A few seconds after that, we can only hear the low and painful utters. I risk a chance to look outside, then spot the Demon Lord standing still. Behind her is the prophet, who is cowering. Darker's eyes are now blue, not yellow like they used to be anymore.

Around her has a blue circle, I mean her aura seems to be very similar to a blue electrical barrier. Her hands are full of blue lightning, her eyes glow in blue... then slowly fade away till they return to yellow in seconds.

Darker's become normal...

"You alright...?". - The Demon Lord asked about Yura's situation

"Nod... thanks for saving me". - Yura slowly stepped away from Darker

"You ran to me when it happened... I can't die, don't save me". - Then Darker swiftly passed Yura, she approached the dead bodies

My wife and Reimi have just come up. They show me their wondering faces, I shake my head since I truly don't know what to say to both of them. Yura seems to be a bit shocked to see the guards' dead bodies. She looks away.

"Stay here, I'll be right back". - I told my wife and Reimi not to follow me, they are... nervous and scared as well

I step forward till I reach one's dead body. These guards were supposed to be Orcs because I spotted their appearances as they got in. Strangely that this body shows me to be a green lizard... wait a minute!

I crouch down, then examine the body closely. This kind of creature, I've seen them somewhere, I believe that. The third world war dimension...? I remember it very well here. That incident happened not so long ago, so it's still new for me to have the recollection... yeah.

When we were brought to a room to interrogate by Cawess, he had shown us a creature's corpse. That thing looks the same as the one we have here, just like water. The tail, the lizard's appearance, the hugeness, the green scabrous skin, etc...

All like the same as the corpse that I used to see...

They disguised as Orc guards, then wore those armors and arms to come here. There, they started shooting around to kill her. But failed, they died and their real appearances were exposed here. I get it now... alright.

"I can't understand... what is this kind of creature...?". - The Demon Lord asked herself as she finished touching one's dead body.  (Lizardmen... but my place doesn't have this kind of race... what the hell?). - She held her head, trying to figure out everything

"They wear themselves the skins of the creatures they want to become". - I guided Darker a little bit

"?".

"The Goddess used to send us to a very strange world, that's why all of us disappeared for three years".  "We encountered those creatures there, they wore fake skins to hide their insides".  "Only show their true appearance when they die".

The Demon Lord stays silent for a while. Her eyes tell me that she is considering this case to be something... dangerous. She looks around for a while before getting up, her eyes are still pointing to the dead bodies below her.

(Your Majesty, what had just happened?!). - All of sudden, bunches of Orc guards ran inside the dining room

Some tiny guards with green skins like goblins also appear here. All of them are shocked to see the mess of blood and bodies on the floor. Their faces wonder about many things, some start whispering to each other. Meanwhile, their King just goes silent.

(Lizardmen intended to overthrow you...? How bad they were...). - The goblin Commander of that unit crouched and examined the dead bodies.  (But these rifles, only Orcs are armed with these but how...?). - He wondered many things, then stared at his men.  (What are you guys doing?! Protect Her Majesty and check these things, must find track down the traitors, jump right in!).

Those guards clumsily join their leader to examine the dead bodies. Some Orc guards approached the Demon Lord to protect her, they want to escort her to a safe location. The goblin guards start sealing the rifles. They take a closer look to examine the dead bodies once again.

(You...). - All of sudden, Darker spoke up to the goblin leader

"Yes, Your Majesty). - He looked up when he was crouching to examine a body

Just a blink of an eye, a sword from an Orc guard has been snatched away Darker draws the sword out from its scabbard. She immediately slashes the throat of that poor goblin guy, and he dies. He falls to the floor, his throat spurts out so much blood like a waterfall... non-stop.

The guards who stand around her are shocked. All the eyes stare at their ruler, they show their deep fear which appears very clear on their faces. Right now, the Demon Lord's eyes are full of unanswered questions.

She only sees impostors through her eyes, cannot identify who is real... and who is fake... she'll slash 'em all.

1