C269: Familiar But Hostile (Part 2)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 269: Familiar But Hostile (Part 2) 

John Rigen's perspective

...

...

...

At this moment, we nearly eating up the food that we ordered earlier. Reimi has done eating, she is now doing her best to pick the lock of the stone lock by using a metal spoon with a broken head. Yura is observing the guards outside of the window, they are still there. We must make sure that they won't see us doing this suspicious thing.

"Done yet, Reimi...?". - My wife asked her servant, she was eating a cheesecake

"Almost, my Highness...".

Done hearing Reimi's voice, I finally eat up half of the cookie in my hand. Then I get up, considering my next move when we escape through the basement door in this room. The guards will surely return here to meet us to tell us that the message has been sent to the Apostles. Although that idea seems to be hard to happen, it can still happen.

I must think of a plan that makes them don't get inside here to check. I must act fast, the delivery guard will return here shortly to retrieve the meal plate that we are using.

"Ahh, done...". - Reimi suddenly announced to us, I looked back and saw her opening the basement door after she pulled out the broken spoon

"Knock! Knock! Knock!". - Suddenly, the door got three knocks from the other side

"Everyone, I'm here to clean up the meals that I gave you". - Shit, right in time when we managed to find a way out

Reimi immediately covers the door by using the cloth lines, then gets up and acts like nothing happened. We stand before the door, feeling nervous when we don't know how to say back to the guard.

"Could you please send us the same meal again, Sir?". - All of sudden, my wife spoke up. "Also, we don't have a need to have these things cleaned right now, even when we have finished up". "Come here to clean we call you, Sir".

"Alright, I'll be back later...". - The delivery guard later walked away

"We don't have much time, let's go now or never". - I said to everyone to remind them, then looked at the prophet and my wife. "Prophet, watch the window, don't let them detect you, read book to deceive them". "Shera, watch the door and notify me if anything happens, got it?".

"Okay". - Both of them nodded at me

"Reimi, open the door, go with me down there".

When I turn to look at the basement door, Reimi has opened it for me. The space down there is quite dark, that's why I decide to walk down there first in silence. When we come downstairs, a room appears, seems to be a bit dark. I see a lever, attached to the wall on the right side of the entrance.

However, I don't pull up that lever, but I come inside the place deeper. There is a thing that looks like a door, it's ahead, not so far from us. Maybe this door leads to somewhere else. The room is quite dark, but my eyes are getting used to the darkness.

"Something's there...". - Reimi suddenly spoke up

I look in the direction that she is looking, and see an old wooden table. On its surface has something like a hammer, its head is stuck on the table. While besides it has a wooden box, seems to be holding something inside. However, I only care about the hammer.

"Alright...". - I pulled the hammer out of the table's surface, then pointed to the door to ask Reimi to get there

She approaches the door then stares at me, as if to ask me if she should open it. I nod, Reimi opens the door with no trouble, she opens it a bit wider for a better view.

"It leads upstairs...". - She whispered to me

I peek my head out of the door to view the scenery around me a bit. I look up, and immediately see the nice blue sky with white clouds. No doubt, this basement door is like a backdoor, leading to the ground. Now I wonder about the real use of the room we're staying in... why there is a basement that leads up there? They knew it...?

"The guy's returned, Sir, please get up". - All of sudden, Yura's voice came to us as her footsteps ran downstairs

"Close the door, close it". - After I told Reimi to close the door, I silently rushed upstairs to be in position

Reimi slowly walks upstairs to cause less noise. She swiftly closes the basement door then fills it with lines of cloth. Before my wife opens the door, I put the hammer on my back to hide it. Reimi is in position now, everything is fine and we are ready for it.

"Hey, thanks...!". - My wife opened the door, then received the next meal plate

"I'll return here again when you people call me". - That delivery guard walked away, we gently shut the door

"We've found a way out down there, my Highness". "It's a basement, there's a backdoor that leads up the ground".

"Oh, that's good". - Shera put the new meal plate on the desk, she later tapped Yura's back to ask her

"Those guys have separated, one's gone somewhere, the other is sleeping". - She replied as she returned to us after observing the window

"Let's move on right away". "The lock...". - I told Reimi to give me the unlocked lock

"Ehhh... but why?". - She started searching for the stone lock, her mind kept wondering why I asked for it

"Ah... here, my Lord". - She managed to see it neglected on the floor, she slowly handed it to me

"Check the door leads up to the ground, I'll be there later". - Receiving my order, Reimi nodded and headed to the basement door

I put the lock on the room's door after that. My wife looks at me as if to ask me why I have to do such a silly thing. But I just ask them to follow me by using my eyes, then I turn around. I snatch some spoons from the plates then silently go downstairs.

"You're too careful, John...". - Shera, what I'm doing is very necessary

I close the basement door, also put some spoons on the door to lock it as well.

After I lock the door, four of us slowly sneak toward the wooden door that leads up to the ground. Reimi opens it, she slowly peeks out to check. A few seconds later, she steps her feet out. I check on my back to make sure everything is fine, then head to the door.

I just close the door but not really lock it. Then the three of us keep following Reimi, she's sneaking upstairs slowly. When she nearly reaches the ground up there, Reimi peeks up to watch. Maybe she wants to observe carefully before heading to the next decision.

She nods back after observing around, then she keeps sneaking upstairs till she gets up the ground. Yura keeps up with Reimi, but my wife just stays to check on me. Maybe I should go fast, although this time, I want to lock the door. I get back to the door, and put some spoons on it to lock the thing entirely.

Both of us shortly keep up with our group. Reimi can be seen wondering when we reach her, she is thinking. Both the prophet and she are sneaking behind a wall to hide something. Turns out they're trying to sneak past the newly returned guard.

"Hey, wake up...". - We came to our group right at the moment that guard woke his friend up

"Huh...?". - That guy woke up after being called

"Our shift is about to be over, man, let's go drink some to keep your eyes open".

"Yeah... yeah...". - That guy nodded tiredly, but he didn't think about getting up

"Haizz... alright alright". - That guard felt like to understand, now he thought about going to drink alone

"We're waiting, man, c'mon". - Two more voices of some ones from afar called that guard

"Wait a bit...". - That guard replied, then started carrying his friend on his back. "Remember dude, your money, you pay, we drink".

When the four of them get away, Reimi turns to see me to wait for another order to be given to her. I use hand signals, asking Reimi to check the back, and I lead the team. My wife follows me from behind report if she sees anything odd. The prophet is behind my wife, I wonder what kind of role she will hold in this group.

"Oh...". "Off your shoes, now". - I told my group members to remove their shoes, I immediately did it

"What for?". - Yura asked me

"Reduce noise...".

Only the prophet reluctantly removed her shoes, my wife and Reimi followed my order right away. Walking with bare feet will reduce noise a lot. When the shoes are put on the ground, I slowly slide them to the prophet. She asks me with a wondering face.

"Hold 'em...". - Done saying, I slowly peeked out, then moved forward

"How annoyi-".

"Shhh...". - My wife warned the prophet, asking her to be quiet in this situation

I move around, trying to find the exit way. Then suddenly, something that looks like a sword can be seen nearby me. The sword stays in the position where the earlier guard slept. I snatch the thing right away, then hand the hammer to my wife's hand.

"Give it to Reimi...".

I later return to keep my eyes on the road. I look around to check for the exit way, but see that the place is just a yard. This green yard is surrounded by walls, I'm still trying to find a way out. Then I see a way that leads down, to a door.

Oh... not just it, but there are also other ones. Alright, I see. This yard has many basement doors here, seem to be available for every room in the Palace. I soon neglect that detail, I use hand signals to tell my group to follow me.

We head outside of the place where the guards used to go out earlier. There's a big and tall stone statue - it seems to be portraying the Goddess. Huh... bitch! I'll pluck your eyes out if I have a chance, you deserve it after what you have done to me and the ones I love, whore.

"You lost it?". - All of sudden, a surprising voice with sounds of metal boots sounding to our ears, made us startled

"Hide hide...". - I whispered to my group, all of us shortly hid behind the statue, standing near each other

"Forgot to tighten the strap, and it slipped...". - Those two guards appeared before my eyes, they headed inside the green yard. "Now what...? Nothing's in here, pal...".

"Someone picked it up?".

"Don't k-".

"Must hurry, quick". - I told my group members to move on, then I started moving

"You're working, Advisor?". "Gimme a proper scan...".

"Roger that, Commander". - Done saying, Advisor's green screen popped up many red dots around us

I want to strap the sword to my belt while walking, but seems like it's a bit difficult for me to do it. My wife comes up to help me, she straps the sword to my belt carefully. After a short time moving in this area, we seem to have come to another place... but not better at all. This seems to be somewhere outside of the Palace, it looks like a garden.

I look at Advisor's screen to see the scanning. Became we haven't discovered this island before, most of the thing I see on the screen is just a black. Luckily that this place doesn't seem to have many guards, it's good for us. But we should find the way to another place.

We must get inside the interior of the stone Palace. We must investigate this island further. Since this place has many mysterious things to discover, it may have things that can help me to save two of my subordinates. However, our current actions may lead us to consequences when we intentionally got away.

"Where should we go next?". - Yura asked me, she was strapping some shoes to her neck and hands since she couldn't carry them all

"I'm thinkin'...".

I look around the garden to check on it. From my view, the place we are staying in is a hallway that leads to the other side, a circle line of 'em. Out of the hallway lines has a round green yard. Flowers, bushes, beautiful stuff can be seen there, what a wonderful thing of nature here... but we don't have time to relax at all.

In the middle of the yard is a... stone waterfall. The mini stone statue on the waterfall is also the Goddess Katia, shit. Maybe this place has a long age of time or something, I see vines on the roofs. They are long, green and strong, grabbing roofs without letting them off for hundred years.

Some birds can be seen flying in the sky. Some land on the ground, walking around. Hmmm... this place looks so peaceful, huh? But I think I should move on, can't stop here to get stuck anymore.

"Guys, I think we should return... they may be looking for us right now". - Prophet, shut up and follow me

"....................". - I stopped glancing at the yard, but headed to the hallway

"We'll go from here till we find another place". - I told my group to follow the path of the hallway. "In case we get caught, consider what they do to us to plan our next move...". "If they're willing to arrest us, I'll find an excuse t-".

"Wait... you guys heard something?". - All of sudden, the prophet notified us of something odd

"Someone's going here".

"One dot spotted heading your way, Commander". - Advisor, you should have told us earlier!

I use hand signals to tell my group to follow me, we slowly sneak behind a stone pillar in the hallway. I ask everyone to stay silent, while I peek outside of the pillar to check. From afar of the hallway we are in, there is a figure heading here. I can't tell who is that person, he doesn't seem to be a guard of the Palace.

Not even a maid too... although we haven't seen a woman on this island when we get here. Maybe maids can only be seen in deeper areas, where we haven't reached. Back to that person, the costumes also look odd as well, a black coat, short black hair, black gloves. The face has been covered by a black mask, with two holes as eyes.

That person is stepping on the hallway calmly, he doesn't know we're here. Those fast footsteps keep getting closer to our position, it's not good. In case that person spots us, we must do something to escape here. Thinking for a while, I slowly draw the sword out of its scabbard.

"What are y-". "Ummm! Ummm! Ummm! Ummm!". - Yura was about to speak up, but Reimi had covered her mouth to not let her talk

"We shouldn't act this violent way, John".

"I know...". - I know what I'm doing, Shera!

I lower the longsword to get some momentum. Since this is a longsword, its length is quite annoying to me since it's needless for this small space. That person is getting closer to me, huh? I'll use this sword to scare him. But to make sure, must strangle him or do anything to make him unconscious, only I can do it.

".................?". - I stayed silent, trying to calm down since the footsteps stopped when that person was away from us about ten steps. "Shhhh...". - I told my group members to stay silent, while I withdrew my head back to the pillar

"Who's over there?". - Shit, we've been spotted. "Intruders...? Or someone new to this place...? You should know that going around here without permission is considered to be a big crime". "............". - That person stopped his voice for no reason

I should say this person is a woman by the way the voice sounds to us.

"Come out and surrender, you'll be considered to be forgiven... otherwise, the guards won't spare anyone". "...........". "Don't fool me like I was imagining things, I know you're there, not just one". ".............". - I must do something, she is alone here so I must shut her mouth off

"I see... I'll call the guards".

"John, wait!!!". "No, wait!!!!". - My wife yelled loudly, she got panicked when I ran outside of the pillar

With the longsword in my hands, I raise it above and hold it tightly. I run to the woman with my full strength, thinking about slashing her to death and then flee from this place safety. Now I'm just away from her not so far, just a bit more. A slash in half will be what she gets from me!

"John!!!". - All of sudden, that woman called my name

I stop myself from running toward her. The longsword hits the floor nearby where she is standing, it marks a big scratch, a crash on the floor. My wife runs to me and hugs me as if she is very scared that I would be in big danger earlier. Reimi and Yura come to us in fear, one of them keeps their eyes on the strange woman.

"I'm scared that you would...". - My wife hugged me, I patted her head but soon dragged her away from the strange woman a bit

"Hey, calm down...". - Yura got between the two of us, she asked the woman and I settle down the tension

Reimi stands before us to protect us, she is trying to be in peace. The strange woman gazes at me, she doesn't seem to be hostile, but I can't tell since she is wearing a mask. She doesn't say anything, but then slowly removes the mask to let us see her. Wait wait... what the fuck is this shit?!!!

"It has been a long time, John". - That woman is... my first foster mom - Kaori?!!!

I freeze, trying to make sure that my eyes and my mind are not fooling me. The one who I was about to kill earlier was my first foster parent - Kaori. I just know to stay silent while looking at her. She looks aged, older than she used to be when I last met her, maybe she is now more than 60.

"..............". - I just stayed silent, my group members looked at me, wondering

"Who is she, John?". - My wife asked me

".............". - What should I do?

"I'm his mother - Kaori...".

"Huh?". - Shera and Reimi were surprised to know that

"Ma'am...". - Yura slightly bowed to greet Kaori

Something is wrong here, my first foster mother shouldn't be this kind. She was supposed to be violent, talking like scolding and would always hit me even when I wasn't doing anything wrong. Something is odd about this "mom Kaori". I want to keep a certain distance from her.

"My son... it's good when I see you here". - She slightly stepped toward me

"Step back...!". - I threatened her, trying to stay calm

"Don't worry, I won't do anything bad to you". "Hmmmm... I guess this your family, I'm glad when you're doing well when you have a good woman to take care of you, understanding you".

"Just what happens, John...?". "That's your mom, isn't it?". - Shera, don't confuse me, I'm thinking!

"What are you doin' here?". - It's strange when Kaori is here

In Operation 1172, they sent us to the Sword Mountain to fulfill the mission till midnight. Soon, we got stuck and had to stay inside the Sword Cave, they told us that our "real mission" started there, till now it's strange when I rethink their words.

"I work here, John...". "Ease, there's nothing to be cautious, I'll tell you everything when you follow me inside, okay?". - She said she works in the Palace, huh? But what kind of job she is working with that kind of odd clothing?

I try to cool my head down, my hand slowly lowers the black longsword. However, must continue to keep my distance from this mother. Yura seems to be trying to welcome Kaori. My wife and Reimi are trying to look at her with a friendly attitude.

"Mrs. Kaori, I'm the bodyguard of your son and his spouse, Reimi Frieden". "It's an honor to see you...". - Reimi put her hand in the middle of her chest, standing straightly to greet Kaori

"Mother, I'm your son's wife, Shera Rigen... I really hope you'll welcome me to come with him". - I should be protecting you, Shera, my mom can hurt you badly so you should keep a distance from her

"I'm Yura Jung Zaira Anderson, Ma'am... half-elf".

"Y'all should've been staying in the room till the guards allow you to go out". "You're new travelers that they were talking about, all of you?". - Why did she ask us this?

"They?". - I asked Kaori

"The guards". - She replied

"It's good when we're having an ally here, it's good when your mom is here, Sir".- Yura returned to talk to me, as if to thank me. "By the way, Ma'am, may I...?". - Yura suddenly asked Kaori again, she nodded to approve

"Actually, we came here with the purpose to meet the Apostles on this island". "The world's going to face something dangerous, we want to spread the messages to all Euro Grantians to let them understand the real situation is about to come". "All races should be in a union, together facing the biggest threat to protect this world and save all of us".

"I've already received the message... I was going to do it, and you... appeared here".

"?". - I made a wondering face, asking Kaori

"What do you mean, mother?". - My wife also wondered

"I'm an Apostle you're looking for, children". - She made a peaceful smile toward us

"................". - Something is wrong, my mom works for the Goddess, huh? But how long has she been working on this island?

"How did you come her-".

"Hey, they're over there!!!!!". - All of sudden, my question was disrupted by a loud voice from our back. "Intruders, intruders! Protect the Madame Deity! Kill 'em all!!!". - Heavy sounds of metal boots ran toward us from behind, their aggressive voice tones made my spine feel cold

I look back with my eyes wide open and my hands told the longsword tightly. Turns out there is one guard with a spear running toward us. Maybe there will be more of them to come. I must do something, must ask Kaori to stop those hot head guards.

"Kaori, tell them t-".

"Urrrghhh!!!! Urrrghhh!!! Urrrghhh!!!! Urrrghhh!!!! Urrrghhh!!! Urrrghhh!!!". - Two powerless moans came to my ears, sounded like someone was getting electricity shocks

"Shit!!!!". - I was losing my mind, couldn't think of a good way to solve it

Kaori is holding two tazers, putting them on the necks of my wife and the prophet. They're being electricity shocked by those tazers, they keep convulsing, can't even move their bodies. Reimi stares at that scene with full of confusion, so do I.

"What the fuck!!!!!!". - I raised my sword when both of them collapsed on the floor, I must do something to save them!!!

"Clak!". - I stopped, Kaori is pointing a loaded M1911 at my forehead, if I move, I die!

"You should better run...". - Kaori smirked at me

My anger goes into my brain, bursting it out. I powerlessly see my wife and Yura lying on the floor, unconscious but can't do anything to save them, I can't do it. Those footsteps are still coming at us. With full of my anger, I turn around and run toward that incoming guard.

"Arrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!". - I yelled at him, he swung his spear but missed. "Die!!!!!!!". - I swung the longsword, right to his right waist, he fell to the floor immediately, only wounded but not bled

I can't hurt him as much as I truly expected. He's wearing armor, it reduces a lot of damage when he gets slashed. After I hit him, I swing the sword down to a gap in his throat to kill him. All I see is his blood spurting out from his throat, he did not react in time to get away from death.

However, I can't say if he has died or not.

Reimi stands behind me, she doesn't know what to do between saving my wife or running with me. Both of us want to save them, but we'll surely be shot if we do that.

"We'll save them later, go!!!". - I dragged her hand, then started running to somewhere but I didn't plan to, just somewhere place that I found deserted

I run with my berserk bursting in my brain, I'll fucking kill you, Kaori!!!

After a short run, we manage to get to flee to somewhere like a yard. But it seems to be still in the Palace's garden. Wait wait wait... we've returned to where we came out from the basement door!

"Shit...!". - I gnashed, I turned around with Reimi, trying to find another way out

"They can't be far from here! Search for 'em!". - Suddenly, loud voices from the other side of the wall came to our ears, the guards are here to hunt us down

I crouch down with Reimi, trying to find a way to escape from them. However, these guards will surely come here soon if we don't flee fast. What should I do...? Advisor, he may know the way to go.

But wait... there are basement doors around here, we can try some, yeah!

I immediately rush to a door, then try to make it open. However, the door doesn't open at all, it does not budge. This door has been locked from the inside. We will be dead here if they get to us!

"Over here...!". - A low utter came to us, it sounded from the next basement door

"My Lord, we must get there!". - Reimi told me to get there, she later came upstairs and checked around

"Oh no...". - She was quite shocked to watch the scene on the ground

I look up to check, and see the place is about to be overrun by the guards. They're searching for us, some are roaming on the other side, but some are glancing at this green yard to check on it. Now we must take our opportunity to get past them, fast and clear. We only have this chance, it's now or never!

Right after the guards keep their eyes away from the yard, I grab Reimi and get up on the ground. Then we rush to the next basement door, running like hell to get there. The door can be seen open when we get there. A hand comes out of the doors, waving at us, telling us to get in to escape from the guards.

"Get in, quick!". - A woman's voice...? But I must be cautious, can't let my guard down like the previous time!

We rush inside the room, the door is later closed by that unknown woman. The room seems to be quite bright, covered by some sort of blue light, but now I must focus. Before I turn to see the woman, I slowly turn around to peek at her. My hand swiftly snatches the hammer from Reimi, I immediately rush to the unknown woman.

"Urrrghhh!!!!". - Using my man's strength, I crushed her to the floor with her head slammed on the floor.  "Wait, why are y-".

"Don't say anything, bitch!". - She kept resisting, I raised the hammer highly, threatening her that I would slam it down to shock her head till her brain cells splash out

"My Lord, we can't do this to the one who saved u-".

"Shut up...". - I glared at Reimi, she immediately went silent when she understood

The unknown woman keeps resisting me, but she soon lets loose it oddly. She stays on the floor, letting her face slammed on the floor, trying to endure the physical pain. Maybe I should rethink about this woman. She seems to be aged or something, she hardly has the opportunity to resist against a young man like me.

"Stay like that... good...". - Seeing her cooperation, I asked her to stay like that to stay alive.  "You know what happens if this thing goes down, don't do anything stupid... understand, bitch?". - I threatened that hag, I crushed her head deeper to the floor to hurt her more

"Ummm ummm...". - She nodded twice, making unintelligible sounds

"Reimi, check the door...". - Reimi seems to be passive more than usual, maybe her shock from the previous incident caused her to be like this, it isn't over

"Ah... yes!". - She clumsily walked to the door, then slowly looked out of the door to check the outside area

"Nothing... nothing...". - Reimi closed the door, she said back to me that we were still safe

"Take the sword, guard the door...".

"Yes...". - She rushed to me, then clumsily looked around the floor to search for the sword that I dropped when I snatched her hammer

"Don't move, bitch...". - I returned to focus on the hag, she moved a bit when I let my guard down to check on Reimi

The old woman stays there, she does not resist as strong as I thought. I can't see her face since it is pressed on the floor, she even wears a blue cloak with a blue hood. Because of that, now I'm afraid if anything is hidden in her cloak or not. Some kinds of weapons, or something else similar to what I assume.

I look closely, checking her waist to make sure there is no weapon left. However, a loaded M1911 pistol pulled out from her belt has made me rethink, she has a firearm. This island's security has modern firearms. This unknown woman has a gun, she could've used it to threaten us, but she did not.

"Now tell me carefully...". - I pointed the pistol to her head, I cocked it to check before doing that process

"I'm no hostile". - Bullshit, then show me by your actions, not your mouth!

I pull out the blue hood that is covering her face. Then point the pistol at her backside head forcefully, I also squeeze her hair and pull it to me. When we face to face, I feel shocked when I see who I am really torturing. That's my second foster mom - Amanda.

"What the fuck is this day!!!". - I held the gun tightly, trying not to lose my patience

"It's me, John... it's me, Amanda - your mother". - Amanda raised her hands above, saying that she surrendered.  "Lower the gun, no need to do this, my so-".

"What the fuck are you doing here...?". - I threatened her, pressing the gun's barrel to her forehead.  "You knew we were comin'? You set up all of this, huh? My wife, Yura, captured them for what...?".  "Now you saved me? For what, huh?".  "Answer me!!!". - I choked her, putting her on the floor with the gun pointing at her forehead

"Cough! Cough! Cough!".  "Calm d-".

"Shut up!!!". - I choked Amanda's neck tighter, now I want her answer! Not excuses or her coughing!

"John, please stop!". - Reimi suddenly jumped in, she pulled me away from Amanda

"Get out!!!!".  "Urrrrrgggghh!". - I resisted, and soon overwhelmed Reimi

"Urrrghhh!". - I beat her left cheek, punishing her for what she had done.  "Are you fucking stupid!!! I'm doing my best to save y'all!!!!!".  "Urr-".

"She's your love, what are you doing with her?!!!". - Suddenly, Amanda's yell made me return to normal

My anger suddenly turns off, Reimi lay on the ground, feeling the pain. I get out of Reimi, trying to calm down, trying to head the full anger toward Amanda instead. However, my mom just gets up and doesn't do anything against me. She limply walks toward a table, then sits down with her eyes staring at me.

"No need to be mad, my son... there's a reason behind this, believe me". - She slowly raised her face, then asked me to settle down.  "I'm already old, you think an old lady can even fight against you...?". - She smiled at me a bit, as if to give me some moods.  "Don't worry about Shera and that elf girl, they're fine... they won't be hurt, they're okay".

"Hey, Reimi...". - I lifted Reimi up, she didn't say anything, did not even glance at me.  "I'm sorry, it was j-". - Before I finished, she walked to the door then stood there to guard, no response was made

"Everything will be alright...". - Amanda told me

I stop, start thinking wisely and calmly. I slowly walk toward the table, then take a seat opposite to Amanda. After that, I slowly point my pistol at her. I still want to make sure that my kind mom is no threat, I won't let my guard down like earlier.

".............". - What should I ask my foster mom first? I must think widely before I ask her.  "How did you get here...? Kaori, you... how did you two get here?". - I pointed the gun higher, to her chest

"We came here two weeks after you disappeared, my son... through the Sword Mountain like you used to be". - She calmly explained to me, her eyes told me that I should lower my gun and listen

1