Epilogue
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midnight - 0:19 AM
December 26th, 1996

John Rigen's perspective 

...

...

...

...

...

...

Urrrghhh... I feel very hurt, very painful. My head hurts, my neck hurts, my body hurts, I am now paralyzed. From what I remember, a bright light came to me and then... sucked all of us into it.

"Urrrrrgggghh...!". - I moaned in pain, then managed to open my blurred eyes

My vision is quite blurred right now, I can't tell where I am exactly. I can feel someone breathing beside me, breathing very heavily as if they are hurt. I can hear the sounds of waves, the terrible coldness of the nighttime.

Yeah... I feel very cold, I hug myself while trying my best to get up properly. I look up the sky while getting up miserably, I can describe that is a very dark sky. No moon, everything is so dark around me and I can't see things.

"Haaahhhh... haaahhhh...". - Making out cold breaths, I felt very bad

My waist seems to be burning a little bit. I close my eyes, then open them once again. Right now, my vision is better than before. But everything around me is still very dark. Maybe I should look around to see more. I just wonder why I am here, my mind seems to be having some... big gaps.

"Oh...". - I saw bunches of ransacked things on the ground from an Alrotz bag nearby me, I later picked up a green flashlight

I turn it on, and the flashlight shows me both of my subordinates lying on the ground in pain. They are breathing, some are heavy, don't know exactly if they are still conscious or not but... no. They don't react to me at all, very weak. They only breathe heavily while collapsed on the ground, they can't even move.

"Sarah... Sarah... wake up!". - I said loud at my subordinate, but she did not wake up, just simply breathed heavily

"Hey...!". - I slapped her with a bit of force, but she didn't wake up as I expected

"Hatano, Hatano!". - I shook Hatano's body, but she only breathed very heavily

Both of my subordinates are now fainted. They can't help me anything, I must figure out things myself, I'm sure that. Now I just wonder why I am in this place. I look around, trying to figure something... ummm, Sword Mountain?

"Ohh...". - Something suddenly appeared on the top of the mountain, looks like a round blue ball, glowing brightly

I snatch the binoculars as the object flies fastly in a direction. I look on that side and then spot the shore, afar from it has buildings but... they look very odd to me. Virginia, the city side around the beach looks so devastated before my eyes. Smokes can be seen flying high, buildings colliding, crushing to each other crazily.

Some fire can be seen popping out crazily from some buildings, like a wildfire. Something, some terrible catastrophe might have occurred before I woke up, I assume so. Now that flying object is flying toward the shore and I wonder what happens next if I keep my eyes on that glowing thing.

I put the binoculars on, watching the flying object very carefully. The thing has reached the shore, it's about to come down and collide with the ground, I can feel it.

"Booooooommmmmmmm!!!". - All of sudden, an explosion came out in the middle of the sky when that glowing object reached the shore

"Ahhh... fuck!". - The brightness of that explosion was so big, I had to close my eyes or it would blind me

I close and open my eyes constantly after watching the odd explosion. I put on my binoculars once again, but this time I see a naked blonde woman lying on the shore. Her face reminds me of someone, it's strange when she is naked, her ears a little bit pointy. I wonder how did that girl show up on the beach during this catastrophe.

I keep watching and then spot a white car running on the beach, it pauses right before the blonde girl. A group of men come out to check on her, they seem to be worried, they soon bring her into the car. Those people's faces were so terrified, maybe that's due to the disaster. I wonder where would the car drive the girl to, I step on the edge of the surface to watch the scene.

I can tell that I'm away from the shore for more than 100 meters (328 feet), falling down here will give me a painful death. Below the stone ground is the waves, beating it non-stop, aggressively. Hmmmm... the more I think, the more I want to find out the truth. I still wonder why my subordinates and I are wounded, and why the three of us are in this place.

Maybe I should stop watching that car and... wait a minute. A ray of light pops out on the left side of my view, there is a patrol boat. The boat's flashlight is showing the road, it seems to be heading here. The military, yeah, maybe they're going here to pick us up... we might have done a mission here, I guess.

"Hey!!!! I'm over here!!!!". - I ran to that side, waving around while yelling to catch the attention of the boat

"I'm here!!!! Yeah, I'm here!!!! Come here quick!!!". - After a moment of yelling around, finally I had caught the attention of the flashlight attached to the boat

"Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang!". - All of sudden, the patrol boat started firing at me, I managed to run away but couldn't figure out why the boatmen did that

I rush back safely to see my subordinates, but don't dare to come out to face that crazy patrol boat. A collision can be heard seconds later, it means that the boat has reached the place and is about to deploy. Both of my subordinates are fainted, they may be harmed if those soldiers get up here and spot them. I try to find a weapon, but find nothing useful, guns are all melted.

"C'mon, move out, move out". - All of sudden, a strong voice sounded below me

The soldiers are stepping on the Sword Mountain, I must hide now. They shit me before, they may shoot me again to kill me and others. The entrance which has the twin slate is open for me, must get in there and hide.

"C'mon, c'mon... follow me...". - I started dragging both of my subordinates with me, must get them inside the Sword Cave to protect them

"Hey men, I've found the stair to go up!". - Another voice, this time I heard footsteps of someone running

I have no choice but to leave both of my poor subordinates behind me. I get inside the Sword Cave, but still sneak into a corner of the entrance to watch the next situation. After that a few seconds later, I see a US Marine slowly approaching Sarah. He stops there, then crouches down to look at my subordinates.

"Sir, we found people here!". - That guy said back to someone on the side that I couldn't see

"See?! I told y'all about that before we got up h-".

"Shut up, David!". - Another Marine got near the entrance, he seems to be scolding his buddy.  "You said what? You saw something so you fired that gun, huh?".  "Look around here for me before speaking, okay?". - That man lowly shook the man to a side.  "Look! Two women laying here... and you said you saw a punk waving or anything s-".

"Ease, Marines". - An aged Marine with a flashlight on his uniform talked to others in his units.  "We've been appointed to do this mission, no one knows what is this thing and how it got here".  "Put it together, we must do what we can". - Done saying, the Commander of that Marine unit crouched down to look at my subordinates

"Ladies... can you hear me?".  "Not work". - He said back to his radioman

"Headquarters, this is team 2, arrived at the UO (Unidentified object), found two women".  "Fainted confirmed". - The radioman said to his comms, he later glanced at my subordinates more closely.  "Headquarters, these ladies come from the Army or something... I spotted some... gear of them, I think".

"Three bags...?". - Another Marine started picking up the things that lay on the ground.  "Three backpacks, Sir, there may be another one up here but we haven't found".

"See anything in there, Finder?". - A Marine asked his buddy named David, that guy was pointing his flashlight inside of the Sword Cave

"No... I hope I find something". - I had to sneak behind the wall completely when the flashlight came to me

"These girls come from the Army, huh?". - The Commander of that squad commented when he stared at Sarah and Hatano

"But they don't look like ours, Sir, their bags, their clothes, stuff in here also n-".

"Who knows if they're from the Special Forces?". - That Commander explained to his Marine men.  "The problem is... this thing appeared after the earthquake, and these people got here before us, isn't this too odd?".

"I saw nothing around this shitty thin' ". - A Marine replied to him

"You said you shot someone waving at us, Dave?".

"Yeah, I thought he was something".

"Don't go in there, Private, we don't know what is in there". - The Commander ordered his men not to go inside the Sword Cave.  "Pack these things on the boat, make sure to keep these ladies safety". - He ordered his men to get the Alrotz backpacks, even ordered them to put my subordinates on the boat

The US Marines start putting things on the Alrotz backpacks, some start carrying my subordinates away from here. In the end, some stay up here to guard. The Commander of the Marine squad keeps looking inside of the Sword Cave.

"What caused the earthquake, Sir?". - A Marine got to his Commander, and asked him

"Only God knows, Private".  "Only in ten minutes, now look around you". - He led that guy to the edge that could view the city scene from this mountain.  "This is the biggest earthquake that I've ever seen in my life, you know?".

"We lost connection to our HQ again, Sir". - The radioman informed his Commander

"They're doing their best, Private... many people have died in ten minutes".  "Not just us but others are struggling".

"What should we do with this cave, Sir?".

"Not until they allow us to get in there, Private".

"What're you doin' ?". - A Private came to the twin slate when he saw his buddy crouching there

"Just reading stuff... shits are written in here, you see?".  "Just wanna know what do they mean... this place... it just floated up here".

"Sir, I saw something flying to the shore when we were getting here".  "I just want to say that... this place isn't normal at all". - A Marine said to his Commander

"Anyone of you saw the thing like he said?". - The man asked, and his squad members stayed silent

I just wonder what these Marines were saying exactly. The way they reacted to the Sword Mountain was like they had just seen it for the first time in life. Somehow it makes me feel like I've come to December 26th, 1996.

That day, an earthquake occurred in Virginia and the Sword Mountain was first reported when it floated up on the beach, nearby the shore of Virginia beach.

I just don't want to believe it, but I have no choice. I'm still wondering why we are here. Should I show up and ask for their help? I hope they won't shoot me if I do that.

"Hey, don't shoot!". - I showed up before the Marines, I raised my hands, surrendering after yelling at them to let them know that I existed

Some Marines right immediately point their rifles at me. The Commander and other men look at me, from above to below of my body. They seem to be wondering about me. I want to step outside of the entrance, but those men look at me so fiercely, I stop that intention.

"Is anyone with you, Sir?". - The Commander man asked me

"No, only me left".  "You took my subordinates with you, please let me get outta here".

"He's the one of the bitch that you shot earlier?". - That man asked Private David, but he returned to look at me before his man replied.  "Name?".

"John Rigen, I'm working for the Marines".  "I don't know why I'm here, my men either".

"A few minutes ago there was a very big earthquake but you said you didn't know anything?". - A Marine doubted my answer

"Ease, Marines...". - Done saying, the Commander looked at me.  "Follow us to our HQ, kid, I don't know how the hell could you get on this UO but we'll surely make things solved in no time".

Two Marines approach me, they soon lean their hands through my armpits to escort me away. I follow the people without resistance, I don't remember why I am here. Although my mind has many questions, I will surely try to solve them. Now I must focus on following these US Marines, they're gonna get me on their patrol boat.

"Urrrghhh...!". - All of sudden, my mind got squeezed tightly, a bad headache occurred

"What's wrong?". - I collapsed, those men backed me up and then asked me

"I'm fi-".  "Urrrghhh...!!!". - Moaning in my headache, somehow loads of strange recollections came into my mind

A thunderstorm sound later shocks our ears, something has struck on the shore of Virginia beach. Right in front of me, those Marines are shocked to see that scene.

"Sir, look!!!". - A Marine looked back and yelled for no reason

"We need to hurry, now!!!". - Why did they start running?!

The headache starts reducing, I look back to figure out what is happening. Suddenly, there is something very dark and gloomy popping on the top of the Sword Mountain. Lightning strikes are gathering there, another blast hits the shore. This is something very serious, must run for my life for sure!

"Leave him leave him! Not enough room for him, people! Run to the boat!". - Suddenly, those Marines left me here and started running to the boat below them

"Hey, wait!". - I started chasing the Marines

While running, my mind appears many lines of memories, of me and two women. They are so familiar to me, I know they are important to me, the loved ones that I want to save. They're Shera and Reimi, I've remembered everything right now, it's good. I must somehow get back to Euro Grant to save both of them, I must do it!

But must follow the Marines first, m-

A lightning strike blasts on my position, while the boat is about to go away. Loud noises from the lightning strike are still sounding above my head. I try to keep up, trying to reach the boat. But now it's started going away from the Sword Mountain, I intend to jump on it to get on it!

"Shit!!!!". - Some lightning strikes hit around my position, I had no choice but to run back to the entrance because those strikes were chasing me

I will stay in there to wait for the moment till the strikes end and then I will find the way to get out. I will have to work alone for now, have to save both of them myself.

Those lightning strikes keep striking at me, but I manage to run away. I jump inside the Sword Cave, but a strike later makes me feel very unsettled. No no no! That's the entrance, rocks fell from the top due to the lightning strikes are blocking my way out!!!

"Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!". - I rushed to the exit, trying to push those big rocks away.  "Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!". - I hopelessly scratched the stones, I started beating them, hoping they would move.  "Shera!!!!! Reimi!!!!! Ahhhhh! Open the door! Open it!!!!!!". - My hands got scratched due to beating the rocks, they started bleeding, I kneeled while beating the rocks in pointless

After a moment of trying to get out in hopelessness, I realize that I will be trapped here forever and soon die. My dull eyes keep staring at the blocked exit, I start crying, gnashing. My imagination of a happy family, my loved ones being alive, the reunion with my daughter... have broken.

"Shera... Reimi... Eris...". - I called the names of my loved ones, I couldn't stop forgetting them even when they were alive or died.  "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Papa can't see you again, I can't save... I can't save anyone".  "I'm sorry... why I can't say anyone...".

I sob like a child, I soon lie on the ground, trying to forget everything. I just want to die, I just want to die to follow my wives and forget this pain.

"Ahhh... I'm sorry... I'm sorry".  "Papa can't say Mama... I can't see you again".  "Shera... Reimi... I'm very sorry...". 

"Eris... Eris... I'm sorry...".

"Shera... Shera... Reimi... that's my fault".  "I love you...".

"I'm sorry...". - I closed my eyes, trying to forget everything, I just want to die right now!

Please erase these memories, they just give me pain when I think about these tragic things. I just hope that my loved ones will forgive me, I can't save anyone.

"I'm sorry... Shera...". - My tears can't stop coming out, I stay there, crying, hoping that I will die... I must follow my wives and my kids

"I'm sorry...". - I kept crying, but no one hears me, no one knows, only me here in this cave... alone

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry...". - Shera, Reimi... please forgive me, I will find the way to save both of you.  "I'm sorry...". - But this reality... too harsh to me, I imagine that you're alive, we're having a family

I'm sorry... I'm sorry...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

After a long sorrow, I open my painful eyes. I see that I am in somewhere, I look around and see... I see the Goddess. She's sitting on her throne, looking at me. She only watches, I slowly sit on the floor, facing the Goddess.

"Congratulations, Euro Grantians have crushed the spaceships of the invaders". - She slowly said to me.  "As I promised... I won't touch that world again, its fate forever now belongs to its people".

"What's the meaning... of saying that?". - I spoke to the Goddess with my exhausted voice, my dull eyes kept looking at her.  "I don't care about the world... I want my loved ones... to stay alive...". - I really want to cry again, but my tears are dried, I've had cried too much

"Just let me die... I want to follow them... my wives, my child... just kill me already". - Why do I have to live to take this pain...?

"I'll send you back to that world... now you have nothing left".  "You lost your subordinates, you lost your wives and your child...".

"Why do I have to live to hold this pain...?".

"Give yourself a break... your life is still long, enjoy it". - My life means nothing when my loved ones die... I have no will to live anymore...

"This will be the last time you see me... now rest". - After her words, the Goddess vanished and left me in a world of blank, darkness all around

"Shera... Reimi... ahhhhhh...".  "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Eris, I'm sorry when I can't save your momma".  "That's my fault... that's my fault...". - I painfully lay on the ground, hoping to erase all of my memories to end this pain

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

All of sudden, I open my eyes. I feel the coolness of the air, the ground is full of green, the rays of the sun are blasting at my eyes. I close my eyes, slowly get up and then open them to see what is this place. I just wonder where I have just come to. I just want to die now, life without my loved ones means nothing to me.

Somehow I see a group of people gathering around to look at me. I later realize something that I am inside a white line of ring, I stand there, feeling a bit confused.

"John!!!!!". - A warm and familiar voice came to my ears

Before I could realize, someone had rushed to me from the crowd and gave me a big hug. I touch the person, I feel her warmth... it's my wife. Shera is hugging me, I hug her tightly in happiness. Not so long later, another person also joins to hug me very tight like my wife, that's Reimi.

"Papa!!!!!".  "Papa, ahhhh!!!!!". - All of sudden, my daughter - Eris from the crowd also jumped in and hugged me

This must be a dream... I'm happy when the people I love are still alive. I'd rather die to live in this dream forever!

"We couldn't find you anywhere, we had waited here for a week to summon you, John...". - All of sudden, my wife hugged me and said to me something

"?".

"That's magic, my Lord". - Reimi started saying to me.  "Somehow we got healed and alive again".  "Look...". - She showed me that her limbs are still fine

"Papa, I miss you...". - Eris, not just you miss me, my dear daughter!

"Just... where's your subordinates, my Lord?". - Reimi, maybe I shouldn't try to find them anymore

"They're in somewhere safe". - I hope both of them are doing fine in the past 1996, I just hope they can live in happiness

"Please hold me more...". - I begged everyone to hug me more longer

The three of them hug me tighter than ever. I'm so happy when everything is real before my eyes, my wife, Reimi, my daughter are here. Although I can't bring my subordinates with me, I hope they will live well. I return to hug my family tighter than ever, I precious all of them.

Goddess... thank you for saving them... thank you a lot.

I hug my family tightly, then look up the sky. The sun is very bright, I feel so relieved when I'm not living in sorrow anymore, I can cry in happiness now, I'm so glad.

I later cuddle my wife, both of us have a sweet kiss at the end, hoping for a bright future before us...

1