Chapter 16
4.1k 22 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16

In addition to demon hunting, these magic associations are also involved in the research and study of demon behaviour and weaknesses, as well as in the development of new magical technologies and techniques. They work closely with other organisations, such as the military or government, to coordinate efforts against demon attacks.

These associations may have strict codes of conduct and rules of engagement when it comes to demon hunting to minimise collateral damage and protect innocent bystanders.

The members of these associations may have to deal with the physical and mental toll of demon hunting and often suffer from injuries, trauma, and psychological disorders as a result of their experiences. They also have to grapple with moral and ethical dilemmas, such as whether to kill or capture demons or how to balance their duty to protect the public with their joy and well-being.

The relationship between these magic associations and the wider society is complex, with some members being hailed as heroes and respected members of the community while others may be ostracised or misunderstood due to the nature of their work. The associations also face challenges in terms of funding, public relations, and political pressure and have to navigate these challenges in their work effectively.

The role of these magic associations in society changes over time as the nature of the demon threat evolves and the public's perception of magic shifts. They have to adapt to new challenges and opportunities to continue fulfilling their mission. Despite the risks and challenges they face, these associations are dedicated to protecting society from demonic threats and ensuring that magic is used responsibly and ethically.

The most influential and famous magic associations in the world currently are:

The Order of the Arcane is a group of advanced and expert magicians who are dedicated to the study and advancement of magical knowledge.

The Circle of the Elements: A group of intermediate to expert magicians who specialise in harnessing the power of the elements (fire, water, earth, and air) in their magic.

The Council of the Great Witches is a group of highly respected and influential master-to-archmage magicians who make decisions on behalf of the magical community and wield great power and influence. Of course, since this is a woman-dominated world, the word ‘witch’ is more often used.

The Guild of Enchanters is a group of expert to master magicians who specialise in creating enchanted items and artefacts. They are also called dwarfs of the modern age.

The Academy of Elite Sorcery is a prestigious school for novice to intermediate magicians to learn and hone their skills, attended only by the most talented and promising students. The best possible school for any aspiring magician, and it also acts as a judge often in times when a dispute between two or major organisations happens; it has mostly been neutral since age.

The Order of the Mystic is a group of expert magicians who specialise in divination and other forms of mysticism. It is also kind of controversial, as they openly discriminate against men and encourage women's superiority in society.

Then there are the magic academies, where I will also be enrolling soon.

One can call them magic colleges or academies simply because they are the same.

Magic academies are institutions dedicated to the study and research of magic. These academies may be formalised schools or universities, or they may be more informal groups of scholars and practitioners. They may be focused on a specific type of magic, such as elemental magic, divination, or alchemy, or they may have a more general curriculum that covers a wide range of magical subjects.

Magic academies are highly prestigious and respected within society and attract top students and scholars from around the world. They have strict admission requirements and a rigorous curriculum, and they offer advanced degrees and certifications in magical subjects.

 

In addition to classroom instruction, magic academies also have research facilities and libraries where students and faculty can study and explore the history and theory of magic. They also have partnerships with other organisations, such as magic associations or government agencies, to facilitate research and collaboration.

 

Magic academies play a significant role in shaping the culture and advancement of magic within a society and are seen as a hub of intellectual and creative activity. They are also a source of conflict and intrigue, as different schools and factions often have competing ideologies and agendas.

Well, not all the academies have the above-mentioned facilities, as only the best of the best have all of them available to their students.

The Academy of Elite Sorcery is the best magic academy in the world and has been the most influential of all. And being one of the stronger organisations as well, they are quite reputed in magic society and nobility.

It has very strict admission requirements. These requirements include:

High aptitude for magic: Applicants need to demonstrate a natural talent or affinity for magic through written exams, practical tests, or interviews with academy staff. The academy is reserved for prodigies only.

Previous magical education or training: Applicants need to have completed certain magical courses or programmes or have a certain level of mastery in specific magical disciplines.

Strong academic record: Magic academies require applicants to have a strong academic record, with high grades in subjects such as mathematics, science, and language arts.

Letters of recommendation: Applicants need to provide letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, or other magic users who can vouch for their abilities and character.

Interviews or auditions: Applicants may need to participate in interviews or auditions with academy staff or faculty to demonstrate their passion and dedication to magic if they don’t follow the previous point.

Physical or mental aptitude: Magic academies often have additional requirements related to physical or mental aptitude, such as good physical health, strong problem-solving skills, or an excellent memory.

Financial resources: The Magic Academy has financial requirements or fees for tuition and other expenses, which often prove to be barriers to admission for some applicants. It can’t be helped, as being the best requires them to have funds suitable to maintain the faculties.

Some could complain that it is not fair and they would have very few students, but that’s how it is, and people need to deal with it themselves; they have a reputation and strength to maintain, and they couldn’t care less about such trivial things when there are more important things to focus on.

-------------

My head started aching as I suddenly remembered too much information.

I heard voices from down, and it looked like Mom had come back from work.

I went to take a hot shower and contemplated some life-changing things that I forgot after coming out.

__________________

Dear Readers,

I understand that many of you may be eagerly anticipating the release of new chapters and wondering why there has been a delay in updates. I want to take this opportunity to update you on the situation.

Currently, I am working on a new novel that shares a similar concept as this one, but with a more engaging plotline and story. In order to give my full attention to this new project and ensure its quality, I have had to reduce the frequency of updates for this novel.

I want to express my gratitude for your patience and understanding during this time. I am confident that the new novel will be worth the wait and will provide an even more satisfying reading experience. Thank you for your continued support.

44