Chapter 20
1.9k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20

Currently, I only understand magic formulas and some magic patterns, but in this magical world, even just understanding the meaning behind some mystical things can improve one's strength.

That could also explain why Emily was inhumanly strong even though she had never practised any meditation techniques yet.

She is an intermediate magician, and to reach there, she naturally had to understand many spell structures and magic equations. She is also able to perform a variety of spells with the help of her innate magic power, which is yet to be cultivated.

As mentioned before, individuals are born with some amount of inherent magic power.

The concept of inherent magical ability has long fascinated those interested in the magical arts. According to some theories, all individuals are born with some innate magical ability, although the specific strength and nature of this ability can vary widely from person to person. One of the factors that might contribute to this variation is genetics and ancestry.

It is believed that certain families or bloodlines are more likely to produce individuals with a natural talent or aptitude for magic. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as the presence of certain genetic traits that are associated with the magical ability or the influence of magical energies that have been passed down through the generations. For example, a family that has a long history of powerful sorcerers might be more likely to have individuals with a strong innate magical ability, as this ability could be a result of the genetic traits and magical energies that have been passed down through the family.

On the other hand, families or bloodlines that do not have a strong history of magical practise might be less likely to have individuals with a natural talent for magic. This does not necessarily mean that individuals from these families or bloodlines cannot develop their magical abilities, but it could mean that they will have to work harder to develop these abilities and may not be as naturally gifted as individuals from families with strong magical histories.

Overall, the idea that genetics and ancestry can play a role in determining an individual's inherent magical ability is an interesting one and one that could be explored in a variety of different ways in a fictional work. Whether one believes that genetics and ancestry play a significant role in magical ability or not, it is clear that many factors can influence an individual's magical development and potential.

I don’t know if we are descendants of some powerful sorcerer from the past that enabled us all to have talent in magic.

But I am not interested in finding out anytime soon.

I meditated for the next few hours, trying to understand the magic patterns I read in more detail and depth.

Eventually, I felt drowsy and went to sleep.

------------------

I woke up, freshened up, and got ready for school. Emily was waiting for me in the living room, chatting with Stacy, who still had to freshen up.

Emily and I together left for school; we made small talk along the way, and at the gate she told me to tell her if I needed anything.

She was not mentioning anything about that day, trying to be considerate.

We parted ways, and I was on my way as I met my friend.

Again, we made plans until the bell rang, signifying the start of class.

I spotted Sophia staring back at me with her dark, abyss-like eyes. I had always been intimidated by her eyes but never showed it, as it would be insulting to her and her background is not something my family can handle well.

I don’t even know why she talks to me...

Throughout the periods, she stared at me secretly, but I found out that easily.

She seemed to do this daily according to my memories; her eyes contained a desire, a deep and dark possessive desire.

It made me uncomfortable at times, but she had been good to me, so I did the same.

Maybe her eyes just looked that way...

As I was in my thoughts, the bell rang, signifying the start of the lecture.

Classes ended soon, and I was waiting at the school gate as usual for Emily. I didn’t see Shane and the gang today. Looks like those dudes didn’t make it out.

I saw Sophia coming towards me as she spoke.

"Hey, Noah!  "How are you doing?"

"Well, I am fine... How are you?"

"I am cool as well. Do you have time this weekend?"

"Um, I don’t think I have any important plans for the weekend."

"Great! Would you like to go to the museum with me this weekend, of course, with treats on me."
Sophia and Noah were pretty close even before, and they usually went out on outings on weekends.

It was almost as if they were in a relationship.

In the memories, I could tell that Sophia had always been the aggressive type of girl; she literally just reached out to Noah one day and asked to hang out, and Noah, being a timid boy here in this world, could not disagree with her due to awkwardness and fear of upsetting someone’s feelings, and since then their friendship blossomed. It’s pretty suspicious to me though as to how Sophia approached him and her behaviour, but I am being too cautious because of that incident. Maybe she just found him attractive and decided to give it a try and claim this forbidden fruit before others?’

"Uh, sure, let’s go."

Sophia beamed and giving a pat on my shoulder, she quickly left.

Later, I went home with Emily.

As one might have guessed, Noah didn’t tell his mom about any of the meetings with Sophia on weekends, as she would just deny him and even become aware of Sophia.

Being strict is not always the best thing for children.

Of course, he did use to tell Stacy about his meeting, as she was a rational woman and knew things pretty well; she was cool even in the memories.

Consider supporting us on Patreon: https://tinyurl.com/atlasnovel


31