Chapter 9 – Things aren’t simple, always complicated shit
466 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ancestor this… Ancestor that… Damn you and your unreliable ancestor!

 

Then again, maybe he could take advantage of this… He was, as he tested a million times on that tree, still mortal and weak. Even after a gazillion years of isolation and attempting to get stronger. He probably was stronger than any normal person, maybe even the pinnacle of what a mortal could accomplish, but compared to a cultivator he was weak.

He needed some sort of backing. Or at least an alibi to not get strapped onto the experimentation table and dissected by madmen.

“Such heartbreak!” Yin Hu tried to sound upset.

“Forgive our incompetence, Ancestor!” Hu Shui seemed to buy it wholesale.

That was good. Guess even he could fool a kid, but he would need this kid to convince her elders. Now to make excuses for himself… their ancestor was supposed to be a dragonslaying, harem creating, run away from responsibilities protagonist. Yin Hu was nothing like that.

“It has been such a long time. My powers have gotten weaker as the eons passed! I am not the powerful hegemon I used to be.” He turned to look at the sky, trying to keep a contemplative look.

Hu Shui stared at him with starry eyes. He almost broke. Tricking a little kid was just wrong on so many levels, but this was a whole new world. She was so gullible it hurt to watch.

“E-even you spear dragons?” She asked.

He had put his spear back into his spacial rice bag. Having seen it, Hu Shui could not be convinced that he wasn’t the supposed ancestor. Carrying it everywhere was an unnecessary burden. Especially if he could summon it with a snap of his finger.

Yin Hu combed his fingers through his willowy beard. He nodded sagely. “Yes. Even the Spear has weakened considerably.”

She gasped. “It's okay, dragons. Your master loves you a lot! He wouldn’t throw you away…”

Yin Hu just kept his head forward and acted like he just didn’t hear her speak to herself. He may have sped up his walking pace before remembering that was his only guide. Maybe he made a wrong choice in acting as her ancestor.

“Tell me, how many of the Hu family are waiting for us. Are there any adults…?” Yin Hu had already prepared a million and one answers, excuses, and made up stories. He would need to convince the real adults he was their ancient grandpa. That was a task he was not looking forward to…

“Only me and my best friend!” Hu Shui beamed. “Hu Xinyi is the best person ever! She’s my best friend and the strongest girl in the world!”

…what? Did he fuck up? Should he run? Maybe she…

Hu Shui’s shoulders sagged a little. She tried to keep a smile on her face, but even he could tell it was strained. “The rest… they should have met you in the great reincarnation cycle.”

Fuck.

His first plan backfired into his face in spectacular fashion. Wasn’t he supposed to have plot armor? Wasn’t he an Mc… then he remembered the eons of no system and still being unable to cultivate or access his powers.

Maybe he wasn’t an Mc. This only further proved it. No novel here, just real life to laugh at one terrible plan after another.

Yin Hu, absentminded, patted her shoulder to comfort her. His instinctual need to protect children kicked in seeing her so sullen and glum. He contemplated just running now. She’d probably chase after him, but Hu Shui was still a child. He would run laps around her…

Its been so long since he felt so sleazy. It was a dirty feeling he did not enjoy. Maybe wait and see the situation… then he could run if it got worse.

After a few minutes, Hu Shui ran ahead of him. She waved him to follow with a smile only a kid could have after remembering everyone she knew and loved had somehow died. He followed leisurely. She wasn’t fast by any means.

They broke past the tree line. Yin Hu stared at the mismatched huts and buildings sprawled into a small town. A large tree sat in the center with a massive treehouse to match. He could see many archer posts but no wall.

After taking a few steps more, he understood why there was no wall. He felt himself walk into a bubble that tried to get a read on him. It must have been a barrier of some sort.

Everyone carried a sword or spear here. Even the kids had toy weapons to practice with. It looked like a medieval festival but with a Chinese twist to it. Not mentioning what appeared to be guards with mismatch armor.

This place looked more like a bandits hideout than a town or city. Everyone wore poorly made clothes, their wagons seemed to be worn down, and homes were not in the best shape either. It was like a mock battle had occurred.

“Hold!” a group of the mismatch guards rushed towards them in exaggerated runs. They leveled their weapons at him. “Who are you?”

“Stop!” Hu Shui yelled at them. She stood between them, a nervous look on her face. “T-this is my ancestor! Leave him alone.”

A bald guard between them spat on the ground. “He looks like one of those sect bastards. I say we kill him then throw his defiled corpse at their gates!”

Yin Hu frowned. They hated sects that much? That didn’t make sense, weren’t they the best option to become cultivators? Things seemed to be out of order.

He saw the guards get into fighting stances. They pointed their weapons at him and readied to fight. Yin Hu couldn’t help but feel a storm of emotions. He summoned his spear.

“Death before dishonor!” They roared together with rageful eyes. They could barely speak. Whatever happened had affected them all so deeply, they couldn’t think straight.

Yin Hu heard the wind start howling above him. Like a storm was brewing. He looked up and saw a massive man pulling out a blade taller than he was and as wide. He could only see the figure with all the flying leaves and branches.

A real life cultivator flying and controlling an element. He cursed his luck again, too many times already today. Why the hell did the boss come out already? Wasn’t he supposed to fight the weaklings and make his way up?


Dong ZhenKang looked down from his seat on the Silver Mountain Gang’s main building. His seat of power here was unquestionable. But, they were bandits. Honorable bandits, but bandits nonetheless. At any moment, he knew his generals and advisors would stick a blade into his exposed back if given the chance to usurp his power.

But for them to do so, The Silver Mountain Gang had to exist. Dong ZhenKang called upon his Immortal Peak cultivation, liquid core foundation realm, and the power of his element. The wind answered with glee.

His body disappeared from his mighty seat. Reappearing near the edges of the barrier they had built. With a flourish, he stared down at his guards approaching a pair that had just entered his domain.

People coming and going out were quite normal, refugees rushed to join him after his last recruitment drive. But this was different. When the girl passed, he had an exact idea of who she was and her strength.

Hu Shui. A Qi Initiate from the once illustrious Hu Family. Now a vagrant with her cousin and only living family member, Hu Xinyi. Now that was a girl worth every moment he took to study her perfect figure. With a consolidated Gaseous Core, she was as talented as she was gorgeous.

It was the only reason many have not touched them, or dragged them into brothels to work. His favorable impression was that powerful. The blind bitch had yet to understand what position she was in, but time would fix that…

Dong ZhenKang looked at the old man next to the little girl. An anomaly he never encountered before. The very barrier itself seemed to rush away from touching him. It actually tore open, forcing his hand to repower that section.

Did the man have a treasure that would…

He frowned. His guards spat at Hu Shui. Dong ZhenKang had been quite clear on what he would…

He gasped. Grabbed his mighty blade and surged every ounce of power he could call, nearly depleting his liquid core. The wind screamed and howled at his insistence. But it did nothing to hide the sheer terror he felt.

“Death before dishonor!” The guards roared. They felt pressure, but they were too weak to understand Mount Tai before them. They would doom them all and not know anything different.

He prepared the strongest attack he could. There was no chance he would give such danger a chance to–

The wind died. His hands fell limp at his side. All the power he had to call disappeared. His very core was empty and struggling not to crack and destroy his foundation.

Dong ZhenKang looked deeply into the Ancient beings eyes. The stars twinkled, galaxies and things beyond his greatest imaginations, eons untold. The primordial eras were children compared to him.

How long does one need to exist, what power kept such monsters alive for so long?

The person summoned a spear. With it, spiritual dragons coalesced like a far off mirage. Their killing intent pressed down on him.

The guards thrusted their spears. He closed his eyes, letting a smile of resignation appear. They were all going to die eventually. What's the difference in leaving a bit early…

The guards screamed. Dong ZhenKang waited for the demise of everything he built. It would all end with everyone none the wiser. Only he got to see the curse the Hu family girl brought with her.

Then he waited some more. It felt like an eternity, but nothing happened.

He opened one eye and looked down. Surprised, he saw Hu Xinyi had cut the head of every spear and quickly disarmed the weaker guards. She stood graciously, balancing on one leg. Her figure was perfect, technique was perfect, and timing was perfect. How could a man not desire to ravish such a beauty…

Didn’t the little girl call that guy her ancestor…?

Dong ZhenKang closed his eyes again and allowed himself to slowly float back to his seat of power. It took mere seconds for his hopes and dreams to shatter. But such was life… he just needed to find another ultra talented beauty to make his.

Where the hell was he supposed to do that?

Intro to Hu Xinyi

grid_0.png

15