Chapter 01: Well Played
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

'Yes. I can eat the Pain and force you to keep on living so that you get to experience more Pain.': Atsugewi replied while sounding quite happy.

'That is kind of dark.': Tenzen replied a bit afraid.

'Might be but at least you get a few perks such as you now being able to move.' Atsugewi replied.

After hearing that Tenzen once more tried standing up, he realized how easy it was this time.

'How does this power of yours work?': Tenzen asked quite curiously.

'Well, I ate all the pain that this body experienced such as hunger, thirst, and a few more but I also experienced something different this body is a bit special.': Atsugewi explained.

'How exactly is this body special?': while asking this he already had an assumption, it is highly possible that this body once belonged to some clan that possesses a [Kekkei Genkai] but the question is which heritage this body has.

'I can't explain it well but I'll try. Your body is permanently absorbing some form of energy that I know shouldn't be absorbed, it keeps your cells in a permanently active state but it also comes with a risk. The human body has a threshold for this sort of energy, and passing said threshold is quite risky.': Atsugewi explained.

'What the fuck so I ended up in some shitty body? Whatever I cannot be bothered with this shit I need to find out where I am and what is going on.': Tenzen said before once more trying to stand up, and this time he succeeded without a challenge Atsugewi is actually pretty handy to have around.

'Mhh let me know if you have a question or  if I can be helpful usually I sleep unless there is some pain for me to eat or my host is in need of my endless well of wisdom.': Atsugewi said before going silent.

'Tsk arrogant prick!': Tenzen cursed but he got no reply as Atsugewi is already asleep.

*SIGH*

Without wasting any more of his time he decided to look around instead of looking through Tenzen Yakushiji's 200+ years' worth of life.

The reason for this course of action is that for one he is still unaware of any information related to this World be it the Timeline, his current location, or his body's identity.

"Anyway the first problem to solve is to find out, why the actual fuck it smells in here worse than a train station toilet.": he cursed but just as he turned around he saw a half-decomposing corpse lying on the ground just behind himself, and just like any average and semi-sane human he started retching.

Luckily enough for him, though there was not anything to vomit, so all he did instead, is to keep on retching, before finally, his brain kicked in, and he calmed down.

"What is going on? I knew the situation might be bad when I woke up in this place but why is there a corpse?"

He wanted to leave the hut, and escape as far away as possible from the rotting corpse but something held him back from doing that, and he assumed this was thanks to, Tenzen's habits and experiences kicking in, and influencing his behavior.

He moved towards the corpse and inspected the body, the first thing he noticed was that the gear this guy was wearing doesn't look like the ones he knew from the anime, and it looked much more like the Samurai gear he saw in some episodes.

"Let's see what you've got on you, my dead little friend.": Tenzen said with a dirty smirk, hoping to get rich instantly.

After some rummaging, Tenzen stood there with a deadpanned visage because all he found are the usual miscellaneous Items such as a Kunai, a few Shuriken, and two Scrolls.

"No! There is still hope, let's see if these scrolls have some value.": he looked with determination toward the two scrolls.

After opening the first one, and reading through its content, he was pissed off.

It seems this body once belonged to a guy named [Naraku Onigumo], who belongs to the [Onigumo Clan].

His uncle has paid this idiot who is now a rotting corpse to kidnap him and sell him off into slavery so that he can take control of the Clan once Naraku's father dies.

(A/N: Should he keep on the alias of Tenzen or should I address him as Naraku?)

*Teeth grinding*

"Motherfucker! So mate seems like fate has fucked you over but as thanks for giving me your body I will look after your Clan, and also because I don't want to roam alone in this foreign Land without having any kind of Background.": Tenzen/Naraku said.

As for the second Scroll, it was the signed agreement between his uncle and this individual.

'Hey Atsugewi, I need your opinion on something.': Tenzen said.

'On what?': Atsugewi asked annoyed at being woken up.

Tenzen explained the situation to Atsugewi, and finally asked: 'Should I go back to the Clan or should I roam this world first?'

'Going back is idiotic because your uncle will only take more and more drastic measures, and you are too weak to defend yourself.'

*SIGH*

Tenzen was already aware that going back at this point is a bad idea but still he hoped that maybe Atsugewi would recommend it.

"Is this the place that idiot wanted us to meet up?": a hoarse voice suddenly sounded from outside the hut.

"Yes. Gensō's letter said that he has found a rare one and that he will be waiting here for us.": another voice answered, this one was actually quite high-pitched.

Tenzen immediately placed most of the [Items] into his [Inventory], and hid next to the door with a Kunai in hand, waiting for the very moment they open the door to attack the first one, hopefully killing him before he engages the second one.

Tenzen wasn't nervous at all at this moment through the memories he had experienced situations like this at least a few hundred times, and this time would not be any different.

The moment the door was pushed open, he moved as fast as lightning his Kunai aiming for the intruder's throat but something unexpected happened, the moment his Kunai punctured the enemy's throat instead of the expected blood and gore, he saw the body decompose into water.

'Shit?!': he thought before rolling to the side barely escaping being slashed by a sword that cuts through the hut's door and wall.

'What was that?': Atsugewi asked.

"Who are you?": Tenzen asked ignoring Atsugewi's question.

"Hehe, nice reflexes!": the high-pitched voice said.

"Where is that fucker Gensō?": the hoarse voice asked.

"I don't know no one named Gensō but there is a corpse here, you can have it if you let me go."

"…"

'As if they're going to let you just walk away.': Atsugewi said.

"No can do boy! If it is indeed Gensō we need to find out what is going on, and see if you are the murderer.": the high-pitched voice tried to explain.

"That is one bullshit excuse, and you know it! I heard what you said earlier about Gensō finding a rare one! I assume by that you meant me because I inspected everything inside this hut, and except for myself, and this rotting corpse there is absolutely nothing of value here.": Tenzen replied aggressively.

"Haha, the kid has at least a working brain unlike you.": the hoarse voice taunted his colleague.

"So what now? As I see it you can come out peacefully or we'll force you out of the damn hut!": the high-pitched voice threatened quite a bit pissed off at failing in his earlier attempt.

"I am willing to come out, hell, I am even willing to follow you and be sold off but I will do it under my own terms.": Tenzen answered.

*CHUCKLE*

"And what are your terms?": the hoarse voice asked.

"I need to go to my Clan, and get vengeance for being sold off if you do help me in that I will come along peacefully."

"Haha, the kid has courage.": the hoarse voice said quite amused.

"What an idiot. Why should we help you if we can take you along by force."

"You baka, you see we all don't have much of a choice in this situation either you help me or I commit suicide. I don't know how much my corpse is worth to you guy but I am sure it is less valuable than when I am alive, and honestly, I'd rather die than become a slave.": Tenzen explained to them.

"Yea not happening bro alive or dead your ass is worth a lot!": the high-pitched voice replied.

"Hahaha, then negotiations are over either you kill me or I kill you!": Tenzen shouted from inside the hut.

*THUD*

This is the sound of metal hitting wood, they threw a Kunai with an Explosive Tag attached to it at the door of the little hut, and blew up half the hut, just like that.

"Fucking assholes! Is not this a bit overkill just for fighting a kid?": Tenzen shouted at them.

"Shut the fuck up! What do you know? You are from the Onigumo Clan do you think we don't know your clan's reputation?": the high pitch voices bastard shouted back annoyed at being insulted.

3