Starlight Empire
1k 10 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly opened my eyes as I awoke from my bed, I felt that something was wrong until I realized that my bed fucking drugged me! The bed made a hologram appear in front of me showing that it was exactly the time I set to wake up, I then realized that being an admiral was probably very hard, so why wouldn't someone invent a bed that drugged them to sleep. I didn't bother to put on some new clothes as I haven't taken off my admiral suit from yesterday, I headed into the hallway and followed the holographic path back to the bridge.

When I entered the crew shot up to salute me and I let them resume their work with a simple "at ease". I sat down in my command chair and saw the holographic display pop up in my face, I whispered to myself with a wry smile "ha! didn't get me this time sucker!". I opened the empire window and saw that the colonists were ready to colonize,(call me Great Britain :) I pressed the launch button and watched through the bridge window as the 2 colony drop pods flew towards Orion.

 

After the drop pods landed I got a notification that I could create a new empire, after waiting for a bit I started to get nervous, did I do something wrong? I thought. I went back to the empire creation screen and saw that I could create my new empire now, I selected the create empire button and a new display opened showing the text box for my empires name, I thought for a while but could only come up with one thing, starlight.

 I typed in the name and confirmed, the display expanded a bit showing the flag customization screen, I decided that the flag would have a big yellow star in the middle and a blue background on the left and a white background on the right, each stopping in the center of the star. I was satisfied with this so I confirmed this too and the screen expanded even more.

This made me excited as I like the fact that I could customize my new empire some more. Looking at what it was I saw that it was the option for me to select what boosts I could get for my empire, there was the option for faster construction and colonization, extra power for my military and navy, better diplomacy and research, and something that I thought was OP. A boost for everything and I mean everything, the only downside was that it was 50% weaker than the other ones, for example an empire that has extra power for military and navy has double extra power than one with the everything boost.

But I thought that the everything option was the best one, so I selected and confirmed the everything boost. With that the screen expanded one last time showing the ‘create empire’ button, I selected it and a new notification popped up showing that I am now the supreme commander of the starlight empire, great now I’m a dictator, I thought to myself. I really didn’t mind, besides the part of the stereotypes that dictators are evil I’m good, after all it’s not the position that’s evil it’s just every other dictator was evil, and I’m not evil.

 

I decided to check up on my colonies and saw that the farming colony already had some farms set up and the mining colony has already set up a mine, I looked at the resources that they were producing and saw that they were producing farming and production science points, curios I clicked on the science points description.

science points are extra boosts in the research of particular tech trees, for example; a military science point speeds up research in the military tech tree, and a space travel science point speeds up research in the space travel tech tree.

 

I was satisfied with the description, as science points are a very important part of research for an empire, thinking about that I went back to the tech tree to reorganize my queues, it was already finished with the research into farming and was halfway through reusable energy lvl.2, I put Mass production lvl.2, right after it to see how fast of a boost would be.

 

I leaned my head back and made the display disappear so I could stare into infinity, I bet that I will never get used to seeing the beauty that is space. A random thought crossed my mind at that moment, I never really inspected my chair that much? I didn’t see the point in it but I did so anyway, I lifted my arms from the armrests and found a little glass pad near my hand on my armrest, I tapped it and a new display popped up, it was messages, I wasn’t surprised by the message system as everything else about my commando chair was pretty much from a video game, no what surprised me was that I had a message. There’s a chance that someone will get their grubby little mitts on my solar system before I get my grubby little mitts on it, enraged I angrily opened the message.

hello Commander Grant! You have successfully created an empire! You now have the option to get a free starter pack! Yes that’s right free! It includes a 2 day research boost, finish all technologies being researched and queued, instantly get 1 technology from each tech tree of your choosing, 3 prepared colonies, a destroyer/battleship/carrier/or interceptor class starship that is based off of your empire’s style of technology! Choose wisely and have a good time building your empire!

P.S. In case you don't know, i'll list what the ships are. A destroyer-class starship is heavily armored and heavily armed, but it's slow and has few hangers. A battleship-class starship is a balanced and adaptable ship, the backbone of any good navy. A carrier-class starship has many hangars and cargo bays, it has a moderate speed and is more of a support ship due to its lack of turrets. And finally, an interceptor-class starship is fast, agile, and stealthy, but has weak armor, a good scout and saboteur.

More advanced starship classes will be available for you later.

This calmed me down a bit, cause I like free stuff, I looked at the senders description and saw that his or her name is universe. Well thank you universe for free stuff, I decided that I shouldn’t be angry, because if universe was not the universe then that means that it knew were I was and could of easily caught me off guard and destroyed me just like that. I decided that I might as well accept and selected the ‘accept gift’ button and got another display, it showed what technologies I could research with the starter pack and what ship I wanted, for the tech... let’s go with energy weapons lvl.2, irrigation lvl.2,dark matter reactor lvl.2, hyperdrive lvl.2, autonomous factory lvl.2, communication satellite lvl.2, sales calculator lvl.2, hydro-transportation lvl.2, atmosphere oxidizer lvl.2, construction tools lvl.2, diplomatic training lvl.2. Satisfied I selected confirm and was met with what ship I want to add to my fleet, I took the interceptor for now and confirmed.

I got another message, not from Mrs. Universe but from 1 of my crew members, curious I answered and heard.

“Sir! Another starship is leaving hyperspace near us! It looks like an interceptor! What should we do?!”

Well that was blunt, but I did not want to be rude, I new it was the starter pack right when he said ‘interceptor’.

”try to establish contact with them and see if their OK, it looks like their in the same situation as us. Oh and by the way, what’s your name?”

I wanted to know his name because... I don’t know, I think it’s the thought that I might make some friends on my ship.

”ummm... it’s Sargent Geoffrey, sir” 

oh that reminds me of the Jeff meme, I’m so calling him Jeff from now on!

“OK, Sergeant Jeff... can I call you Jeff?”

”uh, okay... sir”

mission accomplished.

”good, how bad do they look?”

”they look good sir”

that’s good, I didn’t want my new starship to be damaged, other than the obvious hyper drive malfunction.

”nice, how are we on establishing communication with them?”

”any moment now, sir”

Good, soon i'll get my second starship! It’s making me so excited!

”And there! We have a signal!”

”This is Captain Floyd of the U.S.S. ASSASSIN where the hell are we?!”

well that’s a bad ass name for a starship if I’ve ever seen one.

”hello Captain Floyd, This is Admiral Grant of the U.S.S. SPARTAN, I’m just as clueless as you are, what I do know is that we’re in an unknown part of the galaxy, possibly in another one and orbiting the planet Orion.”

let’s hope he reacts good enough

”in another galaxy! Well I didn’t expect to become an interstellar traveler today, and you’re the SPARTAN? You’ve been missing for over a day now! I guess that we just found out what happened to you guys.”

”I have already managed to get a couple of colonies set up on Orion already and set up a new galactic order, as it looks like this is going to be our new home now.”

I didn’t want to just straight up ask him to join my fleet, that would make me look greedy, wait a minute...

“You’ve already set up a new government? Well I guess that I might as well join you’re fleet and get the benefits.”

well that was easier than I expected, a message popped up in front of me saying that the ASSASSIN would like to join my fleet, I accepted and heard a reply from Floyd.

”great, now that the ASSASSIN is in your hands what would you like her to do?”

well thinking about it I haven’t really checked out the other planets at all

”how about she go scout out the other planets in the solar system. I haven’t had the time to check the other planets out and knowing more about the other planets would help us in colonizing them.”

”good and before I go I want to share some of my tech with you, since now you’re my new admiral, I’ve also got some colonies ready to go, since I was going to colonize another system in the Milky Way, what would you like me to do with them?”

I new that stuff had to be somewhere!

”good, set them down on Orion, I would like to get this place more developed before we start going after the other planets, and I’ll make good use of that tech.”

I got another notification from Floyd saying that he wants to give me the tech that I selected earlier and the colonies, I accepted and started to pick out where I want to deploy the colonies, I chose an island near a continent that has a high chance for rare minerals, I put another one on another continent that is emitting a strange energy, and I plopped the last one down on the moon for space stuff.


(Arken POV)

I awoke to loud boom, it came from the grassland plains, looking around I saw that a lot of my fellow tribe members were also startled by the large crash. I new it must of been that new star in the sky, so quickly ran to the edge of the jungle to see a trail of smoke reaching to the heavens, I wanted to investigate so badly, but not a single Krotar has ever ventured out of the jungles. looking back I could see the same thought on everyone's face, they wanted to find out what happened but they have never traveled out of the jungles. right then and there I made my decision, I turned to face my people and called out to them, "MY FELLOW KROTAR!! we have spent to long wandering the jungles of this world! today we must venture into the unknown! gather around! warriors who can help the injured, get them to there feet and be their support! everyone else, let's go explore the grasslands!" everyone was gathering around, the children were excited to see a place that wasn't a jungle, the adults were curious too, the elders were really the only ones that didn't like the idea but they were wise enough to know that this can be good for them so they kept quiet. 

 

And with that they set off into the sea of grass, their skin slowly changing a lighter shade of green to match with the grass they made their way slowly, trying not to disturb any dangers they didn't know of. They were all fascinated with the fact that they were in an area without looming trees hanging overhead, they also gazed at the morning sky, not many have ever seen the sky as just being on the treetops is dangerous enough due to flying predators, and the sun, oh they thought it was one of the most beautiful things ever. But they didn't let the new wonders get them distracted, they kept on sneaking towards the smoke, unknowing of the prize their kind would get when they make contact...


A woman was staring out the window of a portable habitat in the Eden colony (the farming one), she had a slim body and black hair with a pretty face, her name was Catherine. She was a mechanic at field 3, her job was to fix androids that had broken down, the colony was still pretty new so none of them broke down, so that meant she was getting passive pay until one of them broke. With the new technology coming out they would be ready to make their first shipment of food to the other colonies in a couple of days, she wasn't worried about the other colonies starving until they make the shipment as each colony had enough food and drinking water to last a couple of weeks. She was a colonist aboard the Spartan, she was going to help the colonization efforts on an undeveloped part of the galaxy, but now she was a colonist elsewhere. Looking out the window into the sea of grass that ended at the jungle she didn’t notice the rustling grass...

18