Chapter 16 – Ranch base – Alimosh
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, Chester, I’m glad that you haven’t gone back yet. After a lot of efforts, we brought several good cooks back to our little base. Come, let me introduce you.”

When Ronald stopped the car in front of the house, he immediately saw Chester sitting on the chair on the porch. He greeted quickly and invited him to come down. Chester held the half-finished beer bottle and walked down unhurriedly. Ronald walked over and talked about how they did in the morning to find some reliable people for them. When the two couples came out from their vans, Ronald pointed at the wheat color couple and introduced, “This is Lawrence couple; the man is called Jack and his wife is Mia.”

Then, he introduced the another couple with slightly tanned skin, “This is Paul Belsoka and his wife Max Belsoka.”

After that, he patted the shoulder of Chester and said, “This is Chester. One of directors of our training camp.”

Chester went forward to shake their hands and welcomed warmly. At that time, a white ford also arrived and Peter took the young man to Chester to introduce each other. He said out aloud, “Well, since you’ve already greeted each other. Let me introduce the last member, Alex Wu.”

After Alex greeted other people, Peter patted him and told him to move his things into the ranch house from his car. Peter doesn’t live here after all. He said to five people, “You can temporarily live in the ranch house. We are urgently building cabins in the back but it is going to take some times. When we finished them, you can choose one and live there.”

Jack and Paul looked each other and Paul said, “It’s okay. We can sleep in the vans. Our vans are well modified for camping purpose. We have been living in the vans for several years. Of course, if we are allocated with cabins as you said, we would be really appreciated.”

Peter nodded and said, “You can do it yourselves. Like I explained before, we don’t live here before we finished building cabins. But there would be some brothers staying in the ranch house. So, you have to prepare food for them during these nights.”

Jack promised, “Don’t worry mister. We will try out best to meet the requirements.”

Since they acted well, Peter felt satisfied and smiled at Chester while the latter made a toast with the beer bottle in hand. Then, they looked Allen moving the goods and joined into the team of moving goods from pickups into the ranch house. At the table near the kitchen counter, Cathy is doing lists to buy. Especially, she feels that they are going to need a lot of energy bars. Of course, there are also large amount of staple foods which can provide high nutrients. Although there are already mature crops in the fields, these are owned by previous Amish rancher Alimosh. Only at the next batch of crops and the ones after that will be counted as theirs. Thinking of big stomachs due to special training and medicines, Cathy felt headaches. She was living the eldest lady life who didn’t have to consider these. She feels that she should make a proposel to hire a professional manager to do these things.

Chester saw his wife biting the pencil and wondered what happened. After he put down the bag of flour at the corner where they selected to temporarily place these things, he walked over and gently held her shoulders. Chester took a look at the list and asked, “Is there something wrong?”

Cathy was in deep thoughts and she was scared by the sudden guy holding her shoulders. Then, she relaxed after hearing her husband’s voice. She shook her head and said, “Everything is okay. It is just that I think we should hire a professional manager to do these things.”

Chester didn’t ask more reasons and directly said, “Then, hire someone. I will tell Peter to look for someone reliable.”

After a while, Chester stopped Peter and talked about it. The latter took out a small notebook and a pen from the jacket’s inner pocket and started to write it down. Peter added another requirement in the list and told Chester that he would take care of it.

“Brothers, if you wanna eat something at night, you can call someone to cook for you. Well, that chinese lad is Alex and his soups are great. You can try it out later. I’m going back. See ya tomorrow.”

Peter talked to the several men playing with phones on the benches placed in the porch and walked towards his car. He is going to pick up Tina and Jenny. Why bothering with big men when you can hug your wives and sleep? The guys also don’t care about these too much. Somehow, they got addicted to a game and now most of their free time are used to play that game called Clash of Titans. Of course, not all people are like them. Some are still hunting for new love while some simply find random women in bars to sleep. Some have already found their new love and talking about their life. There is also a guy called Nick still doing push-up with weight bearing suit in the house. His whole body is soaked with sweats but he is still struggling to do another set of push-up. Newly arrived lad Alex is standing beside him and watching him with a thoughtful look.

The ranch slowly fell into silence and quietness as most people left by their cars. Peter drove his white ford out of the ranch slowly on the dirt road. After driving for a while, Peter slowed down the car and stopped in front of a ranch. He got out of the car and rang the small bell on the closed entrance. As the bell rang, a man came out form the simple folk house not far away. Under the setting sun rays, the old man in a simple clothes walked over and asked, “It’s you, Peter. What brought you here?”

Peter nodded at him warmly and said, “Uncle Alimosh, I am here to inform you that you can send two selected men tomorrow. We have already started the training and it would be great if they can join from tomorrow.”

Alimosh smiled heartily and said, “Don’t worry. I will tell them to go in time tomorrow. It is a blessing for us to be able to join the warriors of Gods. They will definitely try hard to become a sword which will cut down all enemies of Gods.”

Peter waved and told him, “Farewell old man. I need to go back to the city. We will see at the ranch again tomorrow.”

Looking at Peter getting back into the car, Alimosh said in a normal voice as he drew a circle on his chest, “May mother Tera bless you.”

Then, he walked back to his house and came out again with an old oil lamp in one hand and a rifle in another hand. Going out with rifle is very necessary as they might meet coyotes on the way. Amolish first walked deep into the ranch where the ranch owner live. He is going to get his horse he temporarily put in the ranch owner’s barn. Although they moved his house, he still chose to leave behind the open ranch house which he used for wedding ceremonies and the barn for his livestock and horse. So, he can only put his horse in the barn of the ranch’s owner. Moreover, this ranch is owned by his own son Seanmosh. After he sold his ranch, old Alimosh simply moved his house and to his son’s ranch. The old man sang a folk song with a whistle cheerfully. He is happy because he won good opportunity for his grandsons. Being able to do things for Gods is a honor and glory to them.

On the other side, Peter drove fast back towards the city. When he arrived in front of the Origin Church half an hour later, he saw Tina and Jenny sitting together on a bench and chatting. The two women noticed him just after the white ford parked slowly. They got up and walked towards it while still chatting in soft voices. Peter got out and opened the back seat door for them like a gentleman. And he asked with a smile, “Did everything go well today?”

Jenny smiled at him and said softly, “Of course, what could go wrong with us.”

Tina didn’t talk but she quickly followed Jenny into the backseat. Peter closed the door and walked back to driver seat. After the car started to move, Jenny asked suddenly, “How are you guys doing?”

Then, she offered, “I can prepare a list of suitable medicines for you and buy a batch directly with a discount. Although I might lose some profits, this is beneficial to you. As for money, I can pay for you first.”

Peter concentrated on driving and asked, “Will it bring some problems to your cash flow?”

Jenny said proudly, “I am rich. Although I am not as rich as direct influence under Gods, I am richer than normal medium influences. Besides, I am now a member of your guild because of you. It is reasonable for me to give some supports. Of course, I can’t spend my money for your guild all the time so you still have to pay me back later.”

Peter smiled and said, “Then, I would be really appreciated to receive your support, my lady. Brothers will also be thankful for your help.”

0