Chapter 30 – Peter – Money matter
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half an hour later, Peter familiarly sat on the table and talked about what he would go out to do and why he should do it to the gang of people in the canteen. Looking at men booing, joking and shouting to participate in the legendary glorious deed, Peter smiled wryly while Chester smirked at the side. Finally, Peter waited for all voices to quiet down, he rubbed his hands and said out aloud, “Brothers, I am very lucky and happy to hear that you guys are willing to fight the unknown danger together with me. However, many people mean it would be easy to get traced. Moreover, as I said, our possible enemy is state machine itself. That is a big guy. Everything involving with it can be very dangerous. So, I wanna request you guys to keep this as secret and there would be only seven mysterious knights in this case and no one from our guild. I trust you all.”

Everyone fell silent and started to think the problem seriously. As they put aside joking attitude, they started to discuss how they should do in small group. Peter also let out a relief sigh, patted the shoulder of Chester and said, “Don’t worry about it. I have ordered something from Nsak and everything would be fine. I am still not brainless enough to fight against the government in the bright. We are only going to find the bastards involving in that and going to kill them quietly.”

Chester shrugged and said, “Just give me a call if you can’t fight. There would be other mysterious knights coming. Nobody will know about us.”

Peter silently patted Chester and walked towards his small gang. Ben and Ronald raised their beer mugs silently towards him with a smile. Peter smiled at them and said, “Finish this quickly. We are going to somewhere and I’ve something for you.”

“Good things?”, asked Allen. Low key Glenn quickly ate the last bite of burrito, stood up while carrying his tray and said, “I’m done. Do I need to start up our car?”

Ben said to Glenn, “Glenn, take my pickup. You, Mark and me can go together. Ronald, Allen and Dale can take Peter’s car.”

Glenn and Mark said, “No, problem.”

Then, Mark proposed, “Ben, you drive and let Glenn sit with you. I am going to sleep in the back for a while. How about it?”

Peter suddenly interrupted, “I am sorry to tell you that you all should drive your own cars because I am giving a set of armor to each of you guys.”

Then, he patted his forehead and said with a laugh, “Alright, just go with your plan. I will ask storage bags for you. Anyways, we are going to fight so there should be good mobile supply stations with us.”

Ronald’s eyes lit up and he asked excitedly, “Are you giving us something similar to your ring?”

Everyone remembered about Peter’s storage ring and they looked at him together. Peter raised his hands and admitted, “That’s right. But they would have lower storage space than my ring because my ring is a special one. Don’t worry, you can at least have a portable storage space of 4mx4mx4m.”

Allen asked, “How big is your ring’s space?”

Peter thought about it for a while and said, “I don’t know. But Jenny said it is as big as a football stadium. I can’t measure it because my soul power range is only around one meter in radius.”

No one asked anymore and they concentrated on solving the foods on the table. As for what they were thinking, only they would know themselves.

Several minutes later, the gang of seven men walked towards their cars parked under the shades of trees and started the engine. Only Peter and Ben opened fords while the rest opened pickups. But Ronald was an exception because his pickup was modified according to his need. Engine can rival against race cars, car body is almost three times thicker than other cars, and the windows are also equipped with bullet proof glasses. Ronald invested heavily in his car and it could be almost said that his car or actually his pickup is his life saving.

When Peter’s small gang drove their cars and left the ranch, Chester walked back into the canteen and shouted, “Brothers! I’ve got something to say.”

Then, looking at the quiet crowd, he smiled lightly and said, “Don’t you think we should go and work too? The guild has no money and we have been living on money supported by Peter’s wife Jenny and my wife Cathy for quite a while. We have built our home well here. We spent a lot of money. Training is expensive too. Everyday, we are spending a lot of money just on foods. As a man, I think we should pick up some quests and earn money for the guild too. Everything need money and money will not come on its own and knock our doors at nights.”

Looking at the ashamed crowd, Chester yelled, “Let’s not talk about the guild. Aren’t you going to earn money for your family? Come on, men, we are all grown-up adults with hairy legs! Somebody get to the forum and search for some suitable quests near us. As long as it’s under Tier two, we can take all quests. It’s not like we have never killed Tier one creatures. Moreover, we now also have enchanted bullets. So, if one doesn’t work, then blast him with ten. Let’s do this, guys.”

Peter and his squad didn’t know that their brothers were also getting motivated in their back. They were now driving back to the city. As Ben arranged earlier, Ronald, Allen and Dale took Peter’s white ford while Glenn, Ben and Mark took Ben’s pickup. The guys were chatting about interesting and magical things of hidden world of gods but only Mark was in a daze at the pickup’s bed. While looking at the clear blue sky with narrowed eyes, Mark took out a pocket watch. When he opened it, he saw a photo of younger him and a beautiful girl embracing together. Mark fell into deep thoughts for several minutes before he came back to his senses and put it back into his chest pocket again.

After they arrived at Origin Church, Peter took them to stroll around the Church. It was only when Tina called and asked him where they were, Peter took his squad to the inner staircase where they would enter the underground market. When they got there, they saw Jenny and Tina standing in front of a big metal door and waiting for them. Peter introduced them, “She is Jenny. Yea, that Jenny I told you.”

Ronald and others immediately greeted the two women respectfully. They know Tina and although they get to know with Jenny for the first time, they still respect this woman who has been funding them. After the guys politely shook hands with Jenny, she opened the door with her card and lead them inside.

The squad was first lead to Fortune Bank. While they were opening their bank accounts, Peter informed Jenny that he wanted to buy storage bags to his squad of six people. Jenny indifferently asked, “Do you have enough money for that?”

Then, she sighed softly and said, “Forget it. I will transfer another sum of money to you.”

Peter held her hand and hurriedly stopped her, “It’s okay. I still have around twenty thousands you gave me last week.”

Jenny smiled slightly and said, “If you need money, just remember to tell me. You only need to know that I am rich.”

Then, she kissed him on the cheek and went to talk with Lilac. After a while, she pulled Lilac’s cheeks slightly, gave her phone to Lilac and hugged her. When she saw Peter looking at her, Jenny smiled and gave him okay gesture. Well, although she is still rich enough to give away ten of thousands gold coins as pocket money to her husband, she still feels insecure with that kind of spending and decided to make some money with Lilac. Tina on the side silently watched all of these sourly. But she is happy that Jenny can be a good helper for Peter. She is also learning magic from Jenny during these days. Moreover, Jenny gave her a lot of good things too. In fact, being rich and willful is good too. It was still V who had to do the work while Lilac was playful as always. When the crowd left, V slightly narrowed her eyes and pondered slightly because she had sensed that the squad of seven were already stepping into Tier one with one foot. Furthermore, the aura is also very familiar to her and it brought back her old memories.

0