Chapter 127 – World Bearer Church
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sister, aren't we really contacting the local church personnel? I feel that our action would be smoother if we can get their assistance. Today is Tuesday, sister. They will not be together in that church.”

“I think so too. Sister, we aren’t going to get them all in a group at once. If they ran away and hid deeper after noticing our hunt, we would have a lot of trouble in finding them one by one.”

Angel Julia silently tried to rub Daphne’s little head with her finger and said as she failed, “Didn’t you already put the hunting mission on the forum? Even the local church of San Christobal responded.

If the branch of Mexico city failed to notice it, they are useless. At first, they failed in securing their city from evil worshipers.

If they failed to notice our hunt again, some people are going to lose their positions.”

“Isn’t it bad if we did that? Some people will blame us, sister.”

Facing Venus’s worries, Julia smiled and said, “It’s a foolish move to blame us for this, Venus. Under the watch of Gods, nobody can shirk the responsibility of their failures. Many old guys have been living too comfortable so they neglect their duties.

Moreover, this is also a test to affiliated forces. They have been developing quietly for too long.”

Then, she carelessly turned to dress up Daphne and said calmly, “Of course, the wise Gods know that this is the result of the freedom they gave to the mortals and not entirely the fault of church personnel who couldn’t even meddle in the governing of mortals. They had let down the Gods again.”

As her words fell, the pilot room also fell into silence. Cyris and Venus looked at Julia’s fair face and fell into thoughts. Among their first generation of angels, Julia inherited almost all knowledge of their father while they only got a part of it. Moreover, they also lack some understanding as they were helping their father unlike Julia who had been absorbing the information of mortal world.

In the cargo space, Jenny, Cathy and Isolde were still chatting heatedly. It was as if they didn’t see each other for years. They got a lot of things to talk. For example, Jenny's chosen name for her still developing son in womb was already approved by them.

Clerics and nuns silently held the metal emblems of their respective Gods and prayed in low voices.

“Chester, brothers, do you know what is our target in this mission?”

“We don’t know the exact one. But from our lady’s speech, it seems that we are going after a group of heretics.”

“You’re right, brother. We are going for a group of rats who harm the same race and worship the evil.”

“Brothers, I’m really excited because this is my first time going out from the base.”
“Same, brother. I’m really tired of training and training again and again in the base. Now, it's time to move my muscles.”

“Haha, let’s bet who will kill more evil guys. I can’t wait to put those bullets into flesh of those heretics like I did in Cerriro town back then.”

“Quiet! Calm down, brothers. Back then in Cerriro, we were fighting against daemons from abyss which came for nothing but to kill us and devour us. But this time is different. We are going after fellow humans. Even if they betrayed the mankind and fell into the embrace of evil Gods, we shall judge them first before we punish them properly. So, adjust your mentality.”

Peter shouted and stopped the mess. He raised his voice and started to persuade his brothens.

Chester also said, “Peter is right. Brothers, don’t forget the sacred codex. Don’t forget our oaths of knights. We are not killers with perverted minds. Always be humble. And, remember our objectives.”

Of course, not everyone was excited to shoot and kill the heretics. That was just ideas of several guys who couldn’t wait to kill all those heretics who harm innocent and worship the outer evil.

Cause it reminds them of their families who died tragically under the claws of those abyss daemons.

“I’m sorry, brothers. I was a little excited. You know that I had to watch my family being ripped apart and eaten by those daemon bastards. So, I lost control when I knew that we were going after evil worshipers who believed in those damn daemons. I can’t wait to kill them.”

“I understand you, brother. But you must not lower yourself into a killing machine which only knows about killing and breaking our oaths. We are not virgins. We will kill. I promise you that we will never leave someone who deserves to die alive.

But we must learn to guide back wronged souls who can still be saved into the righteous way. Remember the sacred codex and our oaths.

These are the last binding forces which will hold us from the falling into abyss. So, we must abide by them and keep ourselves pure.”

While various conversations continued inside, Daphne was also approaching their destination fast.

At the forty kilometers southwest of Mexico city, there is a town named San Gualdo. It is a small town with nearly two thousands residents. They mainly live on farming and mining. It seems a very peaceful town one who got tired from messy city life might want to live in.

The town is surrounded by fertile fields and they mine gold and copper at the mountain chains ten kilometers away from the town. Of course, there are also ranchers who live near the mountains.

After participating in Sunday’s special event at their local church, most of them went out either to take care of the fields or to mine the precious minerals leaving only nearly a thousand people in the town.

Since they sacrificed three people as usual on Sunday, everyone was smiling comfortably and believed that they would have another peaceful and blessed week. Some couldn’t help but said praise the bearer.

There is only one religion in this small town which was handed by their ancestors, the world bearer church.

It is a very ancient church which is believed to have been continuing for thousands of years.

Their main worshiped entity is a god titled as the world bearer, the bearer who loves them and bears all the sins, sufferings, torments and misfortune for them. As for how it came out, only the founder and first generation priest would know.

Generations of townsmen and townswomen have all been devoted believers of the bearer.

As for whether the previous priests tried to spread their faith to the outside, it is still unknown.

But nobody knew that fate had already sent out people to test and reclaim the fortunes stolen from her.

Beautiful morning. After a drizzle last night, the air seemed fresher and quality tasted better.

Under the soft morning sunshine, the town became lively as usual with people going around, greeting each other and gathering together.

Clerics and nuns at the bearer church which locates in the northwest corner of the town thought so too.

But a giant armed vehicle suddenly appeared in the air above the church compound as it was falling towards the spacious lawn of the front yard. The metal giant crashed the fountain with cupid statue and landed successfully.

The cargo space hatch dropped onto the lawn and a group of fully enclosed armored people with guns in their right hands came out.

They quickly dispersed into formation and tall square shields appeared on their left hands.

When the clerics and nuns came out, the formation was already completed. They vigilantly followed behind the advancing knights in formation. And, Jenny, Cathy, Isolde and three angels followed them.

Daphne adjusted her plasma drives, started them again and flew up to the sky. Then, she disappeared suddenly.

The bell started to ring as soon as Daphne appeared and landed and it was still ringing when the group arrived at the cathedral. Along the way, they met no resistance nor sneak attacks for unknown reasons.

Peter nodded at Chester and ordered the team to disperse in four men squads and search the entire church compound. Only Chester and his seven men squad were left in front of the front doors of cathedral.

Isolde also dispersed her men and decided to follow Peter’s team into the cathedral.

Just when Jenny and Cathy were wondering whether they should stay outside according to their aunt’s advice or follow into the cathedral, Angel Julia told them to enter the cathedral together with their trio.

Peter kicked the doors opened and walked into the silent narthex cautiously although he didn’t see anything in the whole cathedral in his spiritual radar. Looking left and right, trying to see the reality with his pupils full of spiritual power, and he looked at the main gate guarding the main worship hall.

“I feel uncomfortable here. And, the filth behind this gate is irritating me. Brothers, take the bow formation and I’m going to open the gate. As we discussed, you can directly kill the resisters.”

After talking to his brothens, Peter directly kicked the thick metal door at the left and opened it.

Umm, familiar environment. Peter immediately realized that this was exactly that bloody hall.

There were really no one in the main worship hall as he sensed in his spiritual radar earlier.

No, there is still someone. Strange, why didn’t I sense him?

Peter became vigilant as he noticed someone kneeling in front of the big statue at the end of the hall.

The black robe covered the body and it made it impossible to distinguish the gender, age and identity from the back view. But he spoke out at the next second and his old voice spread across the entire hall.

“Friends from afar, welcome from our small world bearer church. How may I help you?”

Although he sounded friendly, Peter stared at him solemnly and cautiously because the figure was full of dark red energies surrounding his body in his spiritual vision. It was almost as big as that stone statue behind it.

0