Chapter 3
49 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Creaked**

 

The door of Jasmine’s room opened and produced a sound, strangely enough the sound wasn’t able to wake Jasmine up.

 

“As sleepy head as ever.” muttered Rianne.

 

She approached the little creature in front of her that was seemingly sleeping peacefully. She looked at the tiny face, a tiny face that had some drools flowing from those tiny childish lips.Rianne’s eyes couldn’t help but form a moist on the edges.

 

One could see that her body was silently trembling as she reached out her arms towards Jasmine’s face. Her trembling hand made contact with Jasmine as Rianne carefully caressed her. 

 

“I am sorry. We are leaving you. I - I don’t deserve to be called by you a big sister.” 

 

She paused as she bit her lower lips. A seemingly never ending tear began to fall on her cheeks. Tears that she held but couldn't stop, she could only bite her lips to avoid making weeping sounds.

 

“B-but I promise, after things have settled down, I will come and bring you with me.”

 

Rianne promised with resolute eyes. This promise was also her setting a goal to achieve.

 

***

 

When Rianne walked outside their house, she saw Galos with a hunched old man. He was the Village Chief Edward. It seems Galos was done talking with the village chief.

 

When Galos saw Rianne, he instantly noticed her red eyes.

 

“Village Chief, please promise me that you will take care of Jasmine.” 

 

“Yes I promised, sigh. Ever since you guys arrived at this village, I have already known that you are not ordinary. Although Galos didn’t explain everything to me nor I know your identity, there’s one thing that I know, you wouldn’t leave Jasmine without any good reason. So you can rest assured that I will take care of Jasmine. She’s like a granddaughter to me after all.”

 

“Thank you.” Rianne softy said, “Please give this letter to Jasmine.”

***

 

“So they have decided to leave her little sister. Well, I wouldn’t judge them, after all, everyone has their own story. These two adopter sisters have quite the story. Especially that cheerful little brat who has a very interesting “story”.” 

 

Ark, who was currently leaning on a tree, muttered as if he was witnessing the scene in the village. 

 

“Tainted soul, huh. The one who has tainted soul ever since she was in the womb. What a generic scheme they have.”

 

***

 

“Are you okay?” asked Galos.

 

“Un. I have calmed down now.” 

 

“I am sorry for forcing this on you, “princess”.”

 

“No, I understand your concern, and I know that this is not an easy decision to you either, she is, she is still a family to us after all.”

 

“Yes, yes.” Galos' eyes turned red as he vowed. “I vowed that after this predicament, I will bring her back to you.”

 

“No, I will, comeback for her.” stated Rianne.

 

“I see.”

 

They quietly traverse the path away from the village as they vowed to come back again.

3