Ch 1. They arrived from another world
1.4k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Creak

I opened the door and entered.

It was another hard day in the office, and I really wanted to take a shower, and go to sleep.

I turned on the lights, and entered the living room.

How were you doing, my sweeties~? Mommy is back home~!” I looked at my little treasures standing on the table in the middle of the room.

Between a stack of magazines and a flower pot was entrenched a fire team of colonial marines, led by corporal Hicks. Further away from them, on a tablecloth were several drones, guarding a huge action figure of a queen.

It took me a lot of effort to buy the original figures of my favorite film. Whenever I returned home after being shouted at by those bastards from the management, I would imagine how my little guys tear them apart~!

I hummed a melody, and went to the shower.

Only when I was fresh, and no longer appeared like a beaten cat, I could finally think of taking a nap.

[‘If not for the meeting tomorrow morning, I would’ve at least eaten… I wish I could really tear apart that damned nagger! Come forth, dreams of world domination and the foes’ damnation!’] Thought I, and closed my eyes.

[‘Damn… I am so hungry that I feel like I can eat a horse…’] I rolled to the other side.

[‘OH DAMN!’] I sprung when I remembered that I did not set the alarm, and may oversleep.

AAAARGH!!!” Then I heard a scream.

HAAA!!!’ I screamed too, when I heard an unknown voice in the room.

Everything was dark…

I tried to reach for a phone, or anything at all, but I did not feel anything. Not even the bed itself.

Instead of the bed… I groped… something wet and warm…

It was the same feeling I have when I marinade a steak.

[‘M-m-m-m-meat…?’] A lump stuck in my throat.

Whatever was going on was not normal.

I tried to rub my eyes but… but my hands couldn’t reach them…!

I tried to move my legs but… but I didn’t even feel them…!

I tried to move and… somehow… with something… I moved. I creeped out of… of the meat…

Everything I was doing was done very slowly. My mind was in haze, both from being sleepy, and being on the verge of hysterics.

Seemingly a few minutes later, I started seeing things. I was feeling like I was seeing something around me.

No way in hell was I in my house. The space around me was huge, and clearly resembled my house in no way.

I continued creeping, and slid down from ‘something’.

I tried to look around but once again, nothing resembled anything I knew.

I continued looking forward, fearing to turn around and see what the hell I creeped out from…

Until I gathered the courage…

Hisssss’ [‘KYAAAAAAAAAA?!!!!!’] I fainted, when I saw a co…

When I woke up, I hoped that it was just a nightmare.

[‘Yeah, right, Amelia, you watched too many horrors! You surely fangirled too much! And you surely must cancel the preorder of new xeno figures!’]

But when I opened my eyes, I was left with the horror I had.

A dead body. It was huge. Huge in comparison with me.

I was hungry. So hungry. I felt saliva dripping when I looked at it.

I was feeling squeezed. I was in a tight skin. I must free myself.

But above all that…

[‘I… I am monster…? Whatever I am… I must survive…!’]

Somewhere on an instinctive level I felt the desire to survive. It was a subhuman, beastly desire. The basic instinct both humans and animals shared.

The dead body would be found. And I will be found too.

I did not wish to die, but I couldn’t move.

Then I understood. If I am that thing, I will shed. I already reached that stage.

Somehow, led by the instincts, I shed the old skin, and started slithering away from the body.

[‘I want to eat it…! I want to…! But I… I don’t have the guts to…!’] The thought of tasting human meat was both exciting my instincts, and horrifying me.

Somehow I won against the beast, but I agreed with it: I must run.

I dived into a hole somewhere in the wall, and started creeping. Creeping away from any human I would sense.

Announcement
Updates would be every Monday. Stay tuned, or read my other novels!
42