3 – Reminiscing
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok so...  A Gun, some clothes, Food for a few months.. this looks like MR... not the worst i have ever eaten... some magazines and a few books i haven't seen in the void.

I guess i only have to wait then.

I shouldn't go outside..  who knows what weird stuff is she doing, maybe shifting reality? morphing the world?... eh, actually i don't wanna know.

Ugh... i guess i need to get started on reading...

[A few days later]

You know, i am starting to think about my old life. I grew up in a farm, Oldest of six kids. My parents grew corn, and some other legumes... I used to eat up all those radio talks of soldiers, Stories of camaraderie, I was young, I didn't like the company of my younger siblings, we were almost ten years apart; For some reason, my mother became really fertile or my dad just started to go at it. 

Anyways, i wanted to have what those soldiers had, Brothers in arms or whatever the fuck... So i traveled to the main land at the ripe old age of 16, after finishing an extensive year of training and discipline.

It felt strange, You know? Leaving your old town behind, well in my case, my parents farm, I felt like i left something behind, like a part of who i was. Maybe it was just melancholy or Fear, of coming back from The War... to find my sisters in an unmarked grave, or under piles of debris...

That didn't happen, thankfully, i came back after.. five? six? years of service. The War ended. We Won. I came back to my First sister, Claire, absent, with the money i was sending back home she could pursue her dreams of being an artist. At the time of my timely death she was still a genius, leader of a revolutionary art movement... We would be pen pals, she was sketching something... her "Magnum Opus" she said.

I guess i will never see it.

I will never be able to hug her, compliment her on her achievements, look at her in the eyes and tell her she made me proud, that i was proud of my little sister.

And it's all because of my miss placed pride in a shitty nation that took my youth and chewed me out, only giving me tinnitus and some money. Its all because of my stupid depression that i have caused so much pain to all of my family, not only my first sister but all the others too, like Isabella, her wedding was going to be held in the following spring. Or Pierre, that thanks to Claire's success he was also able to pursue his passion, Fashion, and became a renowned designer all across the Empire .

I am such an arrogant prick i am such a r-

Oh. You are still here. Right...

You probably don't care, do you?

You... are not here for my sob story...

Whatever , the past.. is the past. nothing more. Who i was does not matter for i have a new identity now, an entirely new body, a few resembles yes, but still brand new.

Ugh. I am a mess, not the best protagonist eh? already crying myself not even a full month in, whatever. At least i got that out of my system...

[A few more days later]

I should probably check outside now, I am running out of food, and feeling awfully lonely...

2