Chapter 1
432 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Drip*

*Drip*

*Drip*

My eyes wrench open just for myself to lie still, there’s no point in moving. Lifelessly, I look outside the bars that create my small cell imagining being in the outside world, but no matter how hard you try you can’t get rid of the feeling of a dirt floor or the cold, uneven stone bricks that make up the wall. The more time I spend sitting here, the more time the numbness sets in. Numbness? Acceptance of the situation?

My train of thought comes to a halt when I hear a blood-curdling scream. My eyes dart to its source to see a guard looming over a small dog girl. The guard had his hand up and a strange circle appears in front of it, which causes sparks to engulf her.

Knowing there is nothing I can do for her, I just look away…

The screams continue as she tries to say something in between each screech, but the sparks are unrelenting. The only thoughts that run through my head are why won’t she stop already? Then I hear it again. Her screams…

Both of my hands slither up and reach both sides of my head as I try my hardest to ignore them, but that doesn’t do a damn thing. Inside my head I feel something give, I jolt up, and my hands form rock hard fists just to wail on the bars.

Slam after slam making extremely loud bangs on the bars eventually gets the attention of the guard that is attacking the guard. He walks over to my cell, while ignoring the little girl’s sobs with a nasty smirk on his face. Taking a deep breath, knowing what’s about to come, trying to think of anything else like how that little girl should live, hopefully.

While standing in front of my cell, he spits out, “Molestum stercore!“ then puts his hand up before continuing,『صدمة صغيرة Fulmen gratis』 after that leaves his mouth a yellow circle appears in front of his hand. Not even a second later, electricity shoots out of the circle and hits me like a taser.

All of my muscles involuntarily contract and spasm to the point it causes me to drop the ground almost instantly. The only thing I could do is let a muffled groan and dig my fingers into the dirt as the guard watches with a little too much amusement for the torture.

Eventually, it all ends when the guard gets bored with beating me after hitting me with what I can only describe as magic, not that I actually know what it is, since I don’t understand anyone here. Once I finally see him leave the area outside my cell, I force myself up just enough to have my back up against the wall because it’s comforting even if I can’t explain why.

Looking over at the girl, I let out a sigh. She’s probably the frailest I’ve seen yet, to the point it leads me to think she was probably sold for food. Seeing her small chest rise and fall brings me even more comfortable enough to go back to bed and hopefully not add to the ever going list of nightmares.

Before I go to sleep, I grab my dirty and thin blanket that I have. It’s better than nothing with how cold it gets here at night. Not that the rags that we are wearing help us much, we are just wearing shirts and pants that look like they were made with recycled burlap sacks.

The itching from them has long since faded into the back of my mind. The exhaustion from the one meal a day keeps the people here nice and passive because they aren’t strong enough to fight back. At least, that’s what I think their plan is, even if I’ve seen quite a few outliers, but does it really count if they weren’t fully human?

Does it really even matter?

Am I even going to find my way out of here?

We don’t even have any windows here. There are crystals that hang from the ceiling that go down the hallway nearly outside every other cell. That is also another reason I feel so weak. It’s the huge lack of natural sunlight. Maybe I’m just nitpicking to keep myself together slightly.

I don’t know.

With a deep breath, I close my eyes and try to find my happy place. If I can’t leave here physically then mentally is the only route…

 

 

I’m pathetic.

 

 

 

Author's Note: I hope everyone enjoyed the first edited chapter! :D

10