Ch 1, Vol. 1 – Out of the Fire
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I often dread returning home after school, I dread going to school as well of course but home can be a real pain when my parents are there. Every time I can’t help but hesitate to open the front door because if I left home forgetting to do a chore my dad will definitely yell at me. Today is different though, I am actually looking forward to getting home because no one will be there which means I can laze about watching BNHA or something.

 

Walking down Avenue Rd (great name, I know), I can see my house without a single car in the driveway. My legs begin to run as though they’ve been possessed and the weight of my bag on my back feels light as a feather. Not even giving myself time to breath I fish a key out of my pocket and insert it into the door, giving it a jiggle and then twisting it. Click.

 

Without any time to waste I slam the door behind me as I enter the house and barge through the hallway with the thundering sound of a stampede. The door to my room swings open with one punch and my bag flings off my back and flies into a vacant corner, allowing me to dive onto my bed with ease. Panting, I flip open my laptop that was left on my bed and type in my password at the speed of light. That's when it hit me.

 

What did I want to do exactly? I know I thought about watching my main man eat power hair but what should I actually do? Watch anime? Watch YouToo? Come up with more words to replace popular industries and/or foods?

 

Had I not been contemplating so much I may have heard the sounds of a van pulling up. If I had been more cautious I may have heard the front door open and the thumps of two large feet. All it would have taken was realising life is a piece of garbage to avoid the thunderous yells of my father.

 

“GET OUT OF YOUR UNIFORM, TAYLOR!” The boom was enough to send me flying into the back wall as he continued. “YOU JUST GOT HOME FROM SCHOOL AND ALREADY YOUR LAZING ABOUT! WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I WOULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND DOING MY CHORES SO I COULD GO OUT AND PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!”

 

In my ears all I heard was BOOM, BOOM, CRACKLE and possibly the sound of a tree falling down, landing on a main road and causing the backlogging of traffic leading to horn toots and swears.

 

One again pretending to be in fear and disappointed at upsetting him I begin to form a reply. “Sorry, dad. I wanted to get this homework done so badly that it completely slipped my mind”.

 

YOU THINK THAT’S GOOD ENOUGH!?! WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I ALWAYS DID MY CHORES AND FINISHED HOMEWORK BEFORE IT WAS EVEN FOUR!”

 

‘Well, sorry education is more difficult these days.’ I thought to myself. After hastily nodding I close the laptop that still showed ‘Gooble’ and begun taking off my tie. 

 

Before stomping back down the hallway in his clunky boots, he tells me “also your mother will be home soon so dress in appropriate clothes please.” This was said through gritted teeth, because it is what my mother considers appropriate which would be gender neutral clothing. She always wanted a daughter you see, so my feminine looking face and shoulder length blonde hair has been used in the past to… relieve her of stress, so to speak. That involves having me wear more girly clothing and she dislikes it when I wear boy clothes.

 

Why she wanted a girl so bad is a mystery to me but as a result of this, my father looks down on me and my older brother expresses his disinterest in my closeness with mother through making fun of me. I reckon he either wants to be a girl or wants mothers acknowledgement, personally I don’t want that much of either for myself.

 

I like being a boy and all it comes with, peeing while standing, masculinity (not that I have much) and the joys of a woman's touch. I suppose girls can get that last one as well though, and I suppose they CAN pee while standing but…

 

Anyway, what is that ringing noise? At first it was a minor inconvenience but its getting pretty loud now.

 

After changing into an appropriate attire of blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a grey jacket I begin my afternoon routine. First is wash out the cockatiel’s water bowl and top up food if needed. His name is Jerry by the way.

Next is ensure the dishwasher is loaded with dirty dishes and that all clean dishes have been placed neatly in the cupboard.

Vacuum the living room and all bedrooms to ensure everything is sparkling and make sure my own room is that of the most OCD person in the world.

Lastly get preparations for dinner underway, it is still a bit early though so I can probably afford to waste an hour or so.

 

“TAYLOR, GO DOWN TO THE SHOPS AND GET ME A NEWSPAPER,” or not, I suppose. Why, oh why, can you not just subscribe to whatever agency still bothers with newspapers.

 

I suppose leaving before Big Bro Ben and mother get home might be for the best though, and it’s pretty sad that I think that but they can be a bit… overbearing, I suppose. Especially mother with her chaotic tendencies when things don’t go her way which is why dad never really goes against her. I still love em though, don’t get me wrong but love and wanting to be near them are completely different things. Love at a distance, like say, another continent or something. Preferably same world though, no isekai for me please.

 

The shops are a good 10 minutes away which at least gives me time to think which I thoroughly enjoy seeing as I’m practically talking to myself. Thinking to myself. Hey is that ringing getting louder, it is quite a nuisance. Maybe I’ll get my ears checked.

After walking for however many minutes I finally made it to the shop. It’s a small little place run by an old man who always seems fixated at my butt, I know I’m attractive but surely my back end isn't my most appealing feature. Is it?

 

Anyway, this small shop sells an array of things like veggies, caps and most importantly, newspapers at a dollar each. Pretty impressive.

 

Grabbing the newspaper a walk up to the counter and pull my, I’ll emphasise that, MY dollar coin and pay for the paper.

 

“Thank you, see you later,” the man says in his old man tone while staring longingly at me. Please don’t act so friendly with those eyes, I may not be a woman but because of my looks I have been growing more adept at noticing those lecherous gazes. I’m starting to feel bad a man.

 

Leaving the store, the ringing noise in my ears starts to take a turn for the worst. It feels as though someone with long nails is scraping the blackboard known as my brain. Readers, quick, picture(?) the sound in your heads of nail to blackboard or fork to plate.

 

Suddenly my vision starts to get blurry, lucky for me I am on a footpath and their is not a truck in sight. The dizzy spell continues and the ringing gets louder, I can’t take it. I try to crouch down and grab my head but.

 

A mother and child walking on the other side of the road are oblivious to his pain. The child looking around then notices the boy and his disappearing act where he vanishes into magenta and purple particles, the newspaper dropping to the floor.

 

Allow me to say, this series is a first for me. Whether or not it is short or long lasting is up to fate but hopefully it will be long lasting. Anyway, I do hope you all will enjoy this series and I will aim for a once a week release with a couple of chapters at its release to give you guys a taste of it. Please do not hesitate to comment on any inconsistencies or problems in writing, if something is amiss I will do my utmost to fix it.

Also, if their are any suggestions for this series please comment. Ideas are better when multiple people talk about them after all

0