ch 3
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shu found a empty bunkbed and sat dejectedly on it.

 

His easy life was crushed with getting one of the most dangerous classes to serve humanity with.

 

Shu sat there with his eyes watering and his fingers shaking.

 

Suddenly he heard a piff.

 

SMACK! A book hit his face followed by scroll.

 

“Comprehend it by next week or ill give it so someone else”. the instructor barked.

 

The scroll was called “scout body toning”.

 

It listed a technique to strengthen his tendons and cores.

 

He then glanced at his book it was a medium to large sized book that listed military tactics and other information regarding the noble families' military.

 

He was part of lord ashlyns household ever since he was birthed.

 

His father had died even before his mother gave birth to him and his mother just so happened to get hit by a rogue bullet spell on her first mission.

 

This was why Shu was very against being in the heat of the battle.

 

But since he was already a scout he could hardly change his life.

 

Best case scenario he gets crippled during combat and is in a middleground of not being worth expensive medical treatment and still a valuable tutor but those thoughts were merely a coping mechanism for shu.

 

That night shu couldn't sleep at all.

 

It wasnt because he was anxious or scared.

 

No, it was because he was trying to comprehend the toning technique.

 

The technique focused on strengthening the legs and tendons while adding balance and dexterity across his whole body using mana.

 

Shu felt he was close to comprehending the art after 10 hours of practice.

 

Strangely he didn't feel tired.

 

Shuu continued practicing until his daily classes started.

 

The instructor blew the whistle to signal everyone to go to the training hall directly outside their dorms.

 

The students walked out to the weapons rack and picked up their favored weapons.

 

Shu picked up a chokutō styled sword and twirled it in his hand feeling its weight.

 

Shu fiddled with it on the way to his class.

 

He saw the other students group up with each other before the instructor said anything.

 

“Hurry up!” boomed the instructor causing a random student to run toward Shu into a combat position.

 

“Whats happening”? Shu asked his opponent hastily.

 

The student just grinned.

 

“Start!” screeched the instructor, shu was bombarded by heavy blows from the students axe, he barely stepped out of the way before they hit him.

 

“The fuck”! Screamed Shu

 

—-------------------------------------

 

Author notes

 

Luv you readers!!

1