Apology and announcment.
690 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was twenty months.

I want to apologize for not posting a single thing.

I am sorry.

 

You can say I kept delaying and delaying until simply not thinking about it became easy enough. I kept thinking 'my reader base is not that big, it's fine'. The truth is, I haven't written a single thing in these nearly two years. Not 'The Age After', nor anything else. I had some real-life problems, but who didn't with pandemic and all. Nothing life-changing required me to get lost from the radar.

It was (still is) a writing crisis. 'The Age After' was my first consistent work and it grew too complicated for that. I attempted to build multiple plotlines and introduced a wide arrange of characters while keeping tabs on my system mechanics and cultivation system simultaneously. From a reader's perspective, it might have been not noticeable, but I'd really lost the vision of my novel even before I stopped writing entirely. It is purely a newbie mistake.

Seriously, I came to hate my system. No wonder most writers in lit-RPG keep them narrative-driven and don't build complicated tables: it's just so pain in the ass. I never realized that until I built one with real numbers calculation and tried to keep calculating, calculating, calculating those numbers. Swiftly I fell over the point economy, exp tables, skill economy, and other things I hadn't really predicted would ever come up when I started writing...

But I'm digressing.

 

The Announcement.

 

I am resuming my hobby of online writing, but I also put – well, leave – 'The Age After' on a hiatus. I won't come around to it until I get some experience with less complicated work and until deciding what to do with the system I've brought into being, up to erasing it entirely from the setting or, most likely, from the main character Alice. 

Either way, it all might take a really long time: recharging, planning, rewriting. Again, I am sorry for my inadequacy.

In a few days, I will start post another work with a single plotline and a simple premise. The main character dies and comes to life in a different, unstable world where she must fight, die and start again, a very Souls-like premise you may guess. I very much hope to build up my fighting spirit with this new novel.

I cannot quite ask you to check it out since frankly, I am ashamed of myself for this ghosting period but still announce it with a tiny hope.

Till we meet again.

15