Introduction
2.8k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Age After is the third point of view novel about the heroine, Alice, and the world after the mysterious system activation. Post-Apocalypsis and yet not close enough. Slowly coming Apocalypsis?

For Alice, the novel starts with a dungeon crawler act. During it, I am going to slowly introduce the world changes through interludes. The Age After has 'action' as its main genre. I shall state it clearly: not shoujo, a slice of life, relationships, or a palace intrigue here, although it possibly contains such moments together with lots of world and character building.

It's all about monsters invading, monster-doing-monster-things and monster hunting with cool girl heroine instead of cool guy hero. That is it. I am naturally striving for a good plot behind, the judges would be you. No sudden OP. I also feature competent, useful side characters for both story and battles. 

The Age After is rather slow-paced. It's not a comedy novel, I am trying to make it as realistic as I can... minding the tags and the fact that I want to focus on action scenes without the MC dying. Realistic =/= dark all the time though. The Age After is dark, it's just not the goal itself.

Anyway. The novel uses popular RPG elements - attributes, exp, skills, etc. I have been thinking about mechanic details for quite some time. What is different (or not, I just hope and want to highlight):

– Numbers do matter when I use them. That is why no HP or MP system here, they are way more arbitrary in text than I want them to be.

– Clear level up system, since numbers do matter.

– Clear exp/reward system.

– Traces of cultivation tag are indeed included in the box!

 

What else? Basically, my novel is R-18 without explicit sex scenes (at least until I learn how to write them).

Gore: well, it is Apocalypsys with monsters... I won't shrink away from showing unhealthy scenes.

Profanity: on a moderate level normally. Variations of the F-word, insults, swearing.

Traumatizing content (the most important): I plan some sexism, racism, speciesism... Suffering from various -isms characters won't be punished just for their existence. Some of them are even 'good' guys. I've warned you.

 

Release schedule: As fast as I am ready.

Chapter's length: 1,200-1,500 words for the main story hopefully growing larger. Various for interludes and side-stories.

29