Chapter 5
471 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Yuka Ruriko - Onmyouji Apprentice|

The situation is bad. Without the elder, we cannot defeat the Oni in front of us. I grit my teeth and keep the Chain of light around the Oni. The only thing we can do is wait for the reinforcement. However, this will be hard and maybe impossible to do.

Without the number decreasing rapidly, I don't know how long we can last.

I snap from my thoughts when I see many Ofuda flying at the Oni from my back. I look back and see a young man wearing an Onmyouji outfit and the one releasing that Ofuda.

"God of the east sea, Amei. God of the west sea, Shokuryou. God of the south sea, Kyojou. God of the north sea, Gukyou. Gods of the seven seas, fend off a hundred demons and drive back the fierce disaster. - Order!"

I can see him chanting, and the food he throws earlier shines. What kind of spell is this? Is this an ancient spell? Only an ancient spell invokes the name of the Gods.

"Owl, you can attack them now."

"Yes! Kanko! Kamaitachi! Go!"

I widened my eyes when a little boy ordered two Shikigami to attack the Oni. This is the first time I have seen someone that young have a contract with a Shikigami. Usually, we only make a contract with Shikigami at the age of twenty.

To make a contract with a spirit, we need to be seen as someone who is worthy of them. If we are not worthy in their eyes, we need to fight them. That is why we make a contract in our twenties.

We don't want to get attacked and then die because we do not know how to defend ourselves.

I shield my eyes when an explosion is happening. I look up and see the Oni cannot even move as the two Shikigami tear him apart using their elemental attack. Kanko is a known water spirit, and Kamaitachi is a fearsome wind spirit.

"Team-B! Retreat!"

I look at the team leader and quickly walk away from the battlefield. Even without us, the senior Onmyouji's barrier can hold the Oni without a problem. When I arrived next to the team leader, I said,

"Who is that, team leader?"

"I don't know. However, by the look of their clothes, they are coming from an old family."

"Really? You can tell by looking at their clothes?"

"Yes. Those clothes are not something anyone can wear. Only a certain family can wear them."

"I see."

I can see the man holding the barrier throw another stack of Ofuda into the air, and one by one, it flies at the Shikigami, attacking the Oni. It looks like he is helping the boy who controls the Shikigami.

I then look at the boy, the owner of the Shikigami, and see that he is chanting something before throwing an Ofuda at the Oni. I can see the Oni screaming in pain as the Ofuda sticks itself to its body.

Is that a curse? What kind of curse is that? Pain curse? What type of pain curse? Soul-type? Or is it Flesh-type? Uuuuu! I want to ask them! I want to learn from them!

"Don't do it, Yuka."

"What?"

"You look at them with your usual hungry eyes. I don't mind your hungry-for-knowledge attitude but don't do it for now. Let them concentrate on the problem and then you can ask them."

He is right. I take a deep breath and see them fight. Seeing the little guy, Owl, unable to finish the Oni, the young man decides to step up.

"Under the morning sun, your blessing shines unto us. Your sun will always be above us, O Mother of Life. Shine! Shine! Shine! Let us bathe in your light! In the name of Amaterasu, let the world be purified from the evil of the world!"

I watch in awe as his words appear above the sky, creating a magic formula I never knew and seen in my life. When the magic formula appeared in the sky, a pillar of light hit Oni, and I could hear him screaming in pain for a few seconds before suddenly he went silent.

When the pillar of light disappears, I feel all my injuries heal, and my spiritual energy fills up. I look up and see the man, Dragon, put his hand together and look to the sky.

"Thank you for protecting us, Goddess of the Sun."

After saying his thanks to Goddess Amaterasu, he walks toward us and says,

"I will leave the repair to you guys. With the Lady of the Sun blessing, you should be able to do it."

The team leader nods his head and says.

"Of course, sir. We will take care of the rest."

"Good. Then we will be going."

Dragon patted the young boy walking next to him before suddenly disappearing right in front of our eyes. I spread my spiritual energy and noticed that I could not feel them within a two kilometers radius.

"How? That should not be possible. I never heard someone teleport more than a couple of hundred meters."

The team leader shakes his head and says.

"I don't know, Yuka. I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shake my head and look around. We are in an alley, a rather familiar alley. We are near my house. I look to the side and see Harry looking around.

I take out my phone and see the mission report.

=||=

|Congratulations! You complete the World Mission.|

|Your reward has been transferred to your inventory.|

|You have five hours before all participants get back to their world.|

=||=

I look at Harry and smile at him. Well, it looks like we have a few hours to kill before he gets back home.

"Harry, do you want to come with me and have some fun?"

"Really?!"

"Yup. However, we should go back to my home first. I forgot to take my wallet with me."

"Your house?! Can I?"

"Of course. I will introduce you to my parents."

Well, even though they cannot speak English. I will think about it later. We walk toward my house, and when we get inside, I can see my father and mother look at Harry curiously.

"Mom, Dad. This is Harry. He is my friend's cousin who comes from England."

"Good morning."

My dad and mom widen their eyes when they hear Harry speak Indonesian. Right! The skill from the system is still active.

"Oh my! Your Indonesian is good."

"That's right. Where do you learn those from?"

He only said Good Morning, mom, dad.

"Ummm… Cousin Ana teaches me."

"Oooooh!"

Is this a Nihongo Jouzu situation? I think it is. I put my hand on Harry when he grabbed my pants with his hand. Right. Harry is not used to a lot of people.

"I want to take Harry around the city before his cousin takes him back."

"Oh? Where is his cousin?"

"She is going to work for some kind of emergency work or something."

"Really? On Sunday?"

"Yeah. That's why she asked if I could take care of him for four hours."

My father nodded his head and put down the newspaper.

"Then we will show him around. Call the twin. We will have another trip. Let's show him around the city."

21