Chapter 7
360 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the Ofuda and magic circle in front of me with satisfaction. Using the magic circle with the Five Great Elements foundation or Godai, I can summon a powerful Shikigami. It was the brother of Wu Xing or Five Phase in China.

Wu Xing has five elements: Water, Fire, Wood, Metal, and Earth. Godai, on the other hand, has Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, and Void or Aether.

The Void, in this case, is an energy that creates heaven and binds the universe. The other four elements will be the fuel for my summoning, and the Aether is the binding that makes sure the summoning works.

I can adjust the potency of the element to summon a preferably Shikigami, and I decide to adjust the element for more of a supporting Shikigami. Something like Kanko.

I take a deep breath and let a dozen of Ofuda fly around the magic circle. The Ofuda spins around the magic circle for a few seconds, and I can see the magic circle shine brightly. Then, after a few seconds, I can see a young woman appear after the light disappears.

"Kusa has answered your call. Are you worthy of Kusa?"

I smile at her and bite my finger to let it bleed. I give my finger to her and see her lick it. I shudder a little when she licks it and ensures no FBI agent is in sight. It will be a massive misunderstanding if anyone gets into my room.

After licking the blood from my finger, Kusa's body glows, lasting for a few seconds before it disappears. Finally, I can see her nodding her head and saying.

"Kusa accepted you as her master. Let Kusa serve you, Lord."

"I accept your servitude, Kusa. I shall now name you Midori."

"Midori accepts her new name, Lord."

"Good. Do you want to stay here, or do you want to go back to the spiritual world?"

"If the Lord allows it, Midori wants to stay with the Lord."

"Very well. However, make sure that you are invisible to the others, okay?"

"Midori understands."

I smile and pat her. She leaned on my hand and rubbed her head on my hand. Kusa is a spirit of grass that absorbs a lot of Aether from the air and evolves into a spirit. They are a support Shikigami that can heal wounds and dispel curses from their master.

Not only for support, but Kusa is also a powerful Water and Earth elemental, and she can combine them both to manipulate plants.

They are peaceful spirits and do not like to get ordered to attack an enemy. However, they did not mind attacking the enemy if they attacked their master first. This is because they are defensive creatures, not attacking creatures. It was a weird rule, but from the knowledge I get from the system, Kusa is willing to kill their master if they get ordered to kill someone too many times.

After patting her head for a few seconds, I continued my work.

"What is this, master?"

"Hmmm? This is a magic array that I can use to make a puppet."

"Puppet? But you already have Midori!"

"I will not replace you, Midori. It was for my training."

"Training?"

"Yup. Other than my magic, I also want to train my body."

"Then Midori will help! Midori can heal you and make you stronger!"

"Oh?"

"Like this!"

Midori put her hand on my body, and I can rejuvenate my body.

"Oh, wow. What is it?"

"It was the Blessing of the Tree! Master's body will get stronger the more you train!"

Does that mean this will increase the adaptability of my body? And the more I strain my body and let Midori heal me; I can get stronger faster, that sort of thing? Maybe. I need to test things out.

However, I need a place of my own to test things out. A studio will do. I guess I should ask dad if he knows someone selling a house or a studio with a large space.

"Then I will be in your care, Midori."

"Of course, master!"

I give her another pat and finish my work. This magic array lets a mannequin with the magic array a learning ability and enchanted physic. This is used to give a Karakuri Puppet the ability to defend their master and kill any intruder that disturbs their master.

However, with a few changes, I can make the dummy become a training doll instead of a guardian doll.

After finishing the last array, I get up from my chair and get downstairs, where I see my father get ready to go to work.

"Dad."

"Hmmm? What?"

"I want to ask if your friend has a large house or a studio for rent."

"You want to have your own house?"

"Yup. I guess it is already the time for me to get out of this house and have my own house."

"Sure. I will ask around."

"Thanks dad!"

After saying that, I get back to my bedroom and get ready to finish my daily quest. I look at the floating spirit next to me and say.

"Midori, do you want to see the world?"

"Yes! Midori wants to see the world!"

"However, I need to workout first before I take you around the city, okay?"

"Midori understands. Midori will wait."

"Good girl."

I pat her head and let her back to the spirit world.

~A few hours later~

After finishing my daily mission and taking a bath, I summoned Midori to take her around the city. Both of us walked around the city and bought a lot of snacks. Midori will stay hidden and follow me around while I feed her with a lot of snacks.

"Do you want some ice cream?"

"Yes!"

I smile a little and go to the nearby ice cream parlor, where I buy a large serving of ice cream. I create a small barrier around us to make the others ignore me, feeding Midori the ice cream. While eating the ice cream peacefully, I feel someone walk toward us.

I look to my left and see a young woman walk toward us and sit on the chair in front of me.

"Can I help you?"

The woman did not answer my question and continued to look at me. No. She didn't look at me but rather at Midori.

"You have a spirit following you around."

I raise one of my eyebrows and prepare to throw an Ofuda at her.

"Oh? You can see her?"

"Yes. She is beautiful. She did not have any evil intentions toward humans and animals around her."

"Of course not. Midori is a good girl."

I pat the floating spirit and see her puff her chest at my praise.

"Midori? Hmmmm, Shikigami, huh?"

"Oh? So you know."

"It was just a guess and I confirm it when you say that. She is not releasing an evil aura like many Dukun (Indonesian Shaman) use to curse their target. You also hold an Ofuda in your left hand."

"So you can see through the illusion, huh?"

I put relatively strong illusion magic around my left hand, which has seven Ofuda sticks on my left arm.

"I have special eyes, bloodline power from my mother's side. I can see through most illusions, even yours but I must say that it was a rather powerful illusion. I need to concentrate to be able to see it."

"Neat ability."

"Yup."

Both of us stay silent for a minute before I decide to break the ice.

"What do you want?"

"Hmmm?"

"What do you want? What is the reason you come to us?"

"Truthfully? I don't have anything in mind."

"So you just want to ask about my spirit?"

"Truthfully? Yes. It is the first time I see a spirit who did not attack any human in sight. I'm just curious about it."

"And you already see it, can you leave us? We want to enjoy our day."

I can see the young woman frown a little before smiling brightly. She walks toward the ice cream parlor and buys a large serving of ice cream.

"With this, I'm also a customer! You can't just be told to walk away."

"Haaaa. Fine. Go ahead."

I hope that she is not a troublesome person.

19