C4 – First Day at the Academy p1
227 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage stopped in front of a massive copper gate, which had on each side statues of winged lions.

“I think we’re there” said Aileen after getting up from her brother's chest and looking outside the small carriage window.

“Young master, we have arrived” Alfred's voice ringed out from the outside.

Aileen stood up from the leather seats, brushed the wrinkles from her dress with her hands, and before she could even touch the door handle, Lucian managed to squeeze her butt mischievously.

“Brother, not now!” Aileen warned him in a quiet voice, because she was too afraid of being caught.

As they exited the carriage, strong sunlight blinded them momentarily.

Alfred came from the back of the carriage with two luggage cases. One was smaller than the other, the bigger one had an unusual pink color with extravagant flowery design on it and the smaller one was just a plain looking one.

He brought the luggage cases to his young masters, the smaller was given to Lucian and the bigger to Aileen.

“I’m sorry, young masters, I’m not authorized to enter the academy ground. So I will part with you here” Alfred spoke with a sad voice, he was already starting to miss his young masters, who are going to live on their own in the academy.

“It’s not a big problem, Alfred. We will visit you whenever we can, okay?” Aileen spoke to her grandfather-like butler.

“Yes, Aileen is right, students can still visit their home whenever they get vacation” Lucian agreed with his sister.

“Young masters… I wish you a happy and interesting academy life!” Alfred bowed to the children and quickly walking away to the carriage, but Lucian and his sister could still hear the butler’s faint sniffing.

The children were left alone, as the carriage drove away into the horizon.

“~ Sigh~ Let’s go” Lucian grabbed his and the Aileen’s case. Aileen nodded, and they started their way to the academy.

As they traveled the main road to the academy, the siblings couldn’t hide their fascinations. On the left and right road side were tall trees with dark golden treetops, through which the light shone and dyed the whole road in a golden color. Surrounding the road was the largest green park the siblings had ever seen.

“Woow, it’s my first time seeing so much greenery” Aileen exclaimed fascinated.

“Yeah, it doesn’t surprise me, since pretty important nobles attend this academy and they wouldn’t be satisfied with anything less.” Lucian explained it to his sister, as he looked at the groups of young people going in the same direction as the twins. Not everyone one was in a group though, some were traveling alone, their clothing looked cheap, which hinted that they were either commoners or poor nobles.

Since the academy grounds were humongous, it took the siblings nearly 30 minutes to arrive at the main building of the academy, where a big, long queue had been formed in front of a small booth with a sign on top of it which said “Reception” .

Bit by bit, their position in the queue moved forward, until it was the twins’ turn. Behind the booth sat a blonde beauty with a bored look on her face.

“Hello, we are Lucian and Aileen Svaroh” Lucian addressed the bored student behind the booth.

She looked at him and then at Aileen as if she was waiting for something. “Your citizen card” She said annoyed.

“Ah yes yes, here” Lucian answered the girl. He put down the cases and gave the blond girl his and his sister’s citizen card.

The citizen card was an identification every citizen of a sky city needed to carry. Some say it was implemented by the nobles as a way to make it easier to set apart commoners and nobles, since their citizen cards were differentiated by their color, however despite the outcry of the commoners no one dared to do something against it.

The girl looked at the cards and nodded.

“You can go in” She said.

Lucian and Aileen took their cards back, he grabbed the cases and went through the large golden double doors. At first, they were speechless, once they entered the academy building, the insides were like a maze, however, thanks to the students standing and guiding the freshmen, the twins managed to find the assembly hall, which was filled to the brim with upcoming students.

12