Chapter 03
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edward smiled softly as he stood by her side and fell onto one knee. He spoke respectfully towards her, shutting his eyes.

"Of course not, my queen. I won't forget to leave your share of fun."

Julia stared at him with a smile of satisfaction. She then turned her head towards the woman who stood before her.

Ilya swiftly stood by Julia's side and gave her a short bow. Arianna was so absorbed in her shock to know of Ilya's situation.

"Uruk... witch, witch..!"

Sophia mumbled crazily as she grabbed onto her shaking head. Her eyes glowed brighter, a pink hue slowly spread out of her eyes.

Arianna nervously pulled her into her arms, specifically covering up her uncontrollable state. Her thoughts ran wild thinking of an escape or at least a place where she can hide Sophia very far.

'They can't take their hands on her!'

At this one thought, she thought of one solution...

No, Arianna doesn't dare to do that method. And placing her in a safe place is out of the question looking at the current situation.

'I... I should've listened to 'his' words... My child. No, she is our only hope... Our, hopefully, remaining legal descendant...'

She darkly looked toward Edward. He wasn't worth it, not after all this. And this might...

Her eyes suddenly shrank at the horrifying thoughts of their ending. Her loose bangs covered her eyes, you could only see a smirk forming on her cracked lips.

"Julia... Oh, our lovable Julia... Do you think you can get away with this?! Don't look so arrogant 'cause soon you..."

She couldn't continue her words. She screamed to spit out what she wanted to say before she is restrained from speaking freely to find a chilling sensation.

"Ha! Watch it."

A long thin beam ran towards Arianna's left chest, nearly scratching Sophia's cheek. It stood there near her throat calmly making her stop breathing.

Julia glared menacingly and her pointed finger stood still toward Arianna. She twirled her index finger in a relaxing way and smirked at the gasping old woman in front of her.

"Huk..."

"Or you will lose your life right here, right now."

She mercilessly spoke out those words and looked pathetically at Arianna who had already fallen on her knees and desperately grabbed onto her sister.

"Don't try and threaten me, I have long lost care for anything."

Edward suddenly felt chills running down his spine looking at the fallen sisters and the cold look of his queen.

"Urge... Sister, sister..."

Sophia fiercely broke out from Arianna's tight hold and grabbed onto her arms, shaking.

"Don't leave me... sister..."

Like a child, tears broke out and streamed nonstop on her face, begging for her sister's warmth. Unconditional this made her eyes glow even stronger.

Arianna weakly tried to cover her eyes due to fear of making Julia find out her condition but was too late.

A sharp sword quickly struck them. A shadow covered Arianna's sight, staring at shock of the identity of that shadow in front of her.

Sophia covered her body making the sword not reach its target and stabbed into her abdomen.

Blood gushed out as the sword was pulled back by one of Julia's companions. Sophia gasped at the pain she felt, her emotions broke as she screeched.

Arianna shuddered. Her hands trembled, placing pressure onto Sophia's bleeding abdomen, her bloodshed eyes stared at her.

'No...'

Julia stared at Sophia and heaved a sigh in pity.

"...Her power could have been in use, but since I have no elixir with me right now..."

Tap Tap

Their distance between each other shorten as Julia waved her hand. She withdraw her power and covered her mouth, chuckling.

"How heartwarming yet heartbreaking..."

Thinking it was funny, she laughed even more.

"Whew... Too bad your death has been already decided from the moment you were placed on the list. Besides, every one of your kind has already fallen to their death except for you three~"

Edward flinched at Julia's state and bowed his head.

"Of course we have, my dear queen, none were left alive."

Julia turned her head happily back and took a glance at Sophia who is now decaying within Arianna's arms.

"Really, such a pity..."

She mumbled staring at her eyes slowly losing their brightness. Arianna hatefully glared at her tears welling up in her eyes.

Julia confidently stared back at her glare with a smirk. She can't stand her existence since the moment she stood before her path.

She snapped her fingers, and a sharp gleam flew and took form as she spoke.

"As I'm in a good mood, I will end yours with Sophia in a painless death. Be grateful I'm being generous."

She smiled cheerfully and slashed the two sharp forms through the two women's throats.

As her head flew, her eyes looked towards Edward biting onto her lips but giving one last smile.

Til Tak

He stood there unmoved, his eyes darted as she closed her eyes and had one last thought before her head fell to the ground.

'You won't get away with this even if I turn into an evil spirit, Julia Lepanto!'

Pak!

.

.

.

Two dice flew as it dropped onto the floor rolling on the space. Its dots glow, rolling towards a being who is laying within nothing but white space.

Click Clack

Rattle

"What—?"

Swoosh

Arianna opened her eyes and blankly stared at the space in a daze. Her mouth agape, blinking her eyes in confusion.

She slowly sat up and rubbed her temples in frustration. She didn't understand what was going on or where she was.

She stared at her feet and tried to recall anything. Her eyes widen realizing what had happened and her eyes grew red in anger and also sadness.

"Am I not dead..."

'Did I somehow survive? No, it's impossible at that state...'

She shuddered and grabbed onto her intact head. She felt like she was going to go crazy.

Before she could even get up, something flew and dropped onto her lap. She stared at the fluffy creature on her lap, confused.

Its head finally raised and flapped its wings clumsily. It opened its beak and a peculiar sound suddenly rang within her head making her feel nauseous raising from her stomach.

[Its finally nice to meet you, chosen one!]

1