2. Heart of a Knight
105 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the space of Teyvat, a bright ray of light streaked across the empty cosmos.

Such beams of light are a common occurrence in the vast cosmos. Sometimes, they represent the passing of a traveler, an outworlder who travels across the multiverse in search of fresh adventures. Other times, they represent a fallen star; a piece of the celestial body split away from its home world. Such an occurrence is wide and common in this vast expanse of the cosmos.

However, rarely there is a phenomenon when an unfulfilled wish of a soul with strong attachments lingers in the world. These souls travel through the cosmos as they search their way to the underworld. The journey of the cosmos is the means to cleanse their lingering attachments.

One such soul streaks across the outer bounds of Teyvat, a vast magical world.

Hmm…

"A soul of a hero with lingering attachments to his previous world. A strong sense of justice, pride, honor, and deep-seated hatred for gods who failed to respond to the pleas of innocent mortals before the void eventually engulfed the world. Interesting!"

A figure clad in white gazes at the fallen star.

"Isn't this the kind of hero, this world needs?"

Whoosh…

The white figure alters the path of the shooting star and directs it toward the land of Teyvat.

"Perhaps another variable might alter the fate of this world!" The figure disappears as the shooting star blazes toward Teyvat.

BANG…

A shooting star shatters a hole in the sky and enters the world. The shattered sky slowly repairs itself. The shooting star revolves around the entire Teyvat before eventually heading in a direction, as if it's being guided by some sort of invisible hand.

------------------------

In the depths of the earth, inside an underground collapsed cave.

A ray of sunlight finds its way through a crack in the dark, rocky interior of the cavern. The beam of light shines upon the shiny metal claymore laid bare on the ground. It reflects the body of a knight shrouded in dark miasma. A giant sword of ice impales the chest of the knight.

Whoosh…

A bright flash of light shines through the depth of the forever-dark corners of the underground caverns. With itself, it brings a gentle breeze of wind that blows away the murky smell of filth and dust.

Warm light covers the body of the knight. The ice melts away and, with itself, it slowly washes away the miasma and the corruption of the Abyss. The wounds on the body of the knight slowly heal.

The corruption resists the holy power of corruption and continues to cling to the arm of the dead knight. The tag battle between the dark and light reaches an equilibrium. The purple-blackish miasma turns into unknown ancient totems while being guided by the subconscious of the new soul that resides in the body. The totems which retain a portion of Abyss's power and influence spread across the right arm, shoulder, and a portion of the chest area. A burning sensation spread across his chest.

Argh…

The now revived knight opens his eyes as a sense of fatigue and drowsiness assaults him. He pulls away the rotten pieces of rusty armor sticking to his body to release the tightening sensation spreading across his chest.

He grabs the nearby claymore through instinct and slowly trudges through the underground cavern.

Drip… drip…

Sounds of falling water echo in the passage.

"Wa… wat… water!"

The knight instinctively moves in the direction of falling water.

-----------------------

"Mister! Mister!"

Groan…

The knight groans in pain. Conscious slowly returns to him, and with it, brings a slew of memories. A splitting headache threatens to tear his mind.

Argh…

The knight clutches his forehead as memories continue to flood his mind.

"I… I am Sean… a knight of Favonius… argh… No, I am Sean Arthur Orwell, the Grand Cross Holy Knight of the Arslan Empire."

The knight clutches his forehead as memories continue to flood his mind.

"Grandpa! Grandpa… Mister knight is awake… he seems to be in lots of pain." A childish voice rings in his ears before he falls conscious.

"I will be right there!"

-------------------

The next day,

"How is your condition?"

An old man with blue eyes and silvery white hair gently supports the knight. The old man passes a bowl of herbal soup to the knight.

"Drink it! It will help you with recovery."

"Thank you!"

The knight accepts the bowl and drinks the green liquid in it.

'Sour!'

His brows frown slightly, but he gulps it down, nonetheless.

"It's a bit sour, but the effect is certainly miraculous."

The old man picks up a slate with herbal paste.

"We found you unconscious and wounded on the bank of the river. Your wounds were pretty deep. It took you five days to regain consciousness."

The old man slowly removes the old bandages. He applies the herbal paste over the wounds.

The knight grimaces in pain as the wounds sting.

"Your recovery speed is commendable. At this rate, you will completely recover in the next three days."

He dresses the wounds and signals to a kid who was curiously inspecting the giant claymore and a glowing elemental crystal ornament.

"Igor! Be a good boy and don't touch our guest's belongings."

The child ignores the old man's warning and continues to stare at the claymore and vision with shining eyes.

"Hey… hey, mister! Is that a real vision?"

Mm…

Sean slightly nods his head and extends his hand towards the lying vision. He senses a close connection with the vision.

Whoosh…

The vision affected by Sean's will flies in his hand. He grabs it and feels its weight in his hands.

'Elemental energy, huh? It's similar to mana from memories. I wonder if I can similarly command the surrounding elemental particles.'

Sean slowly stretches his left hand.

'Snow Flower,'

The elemental particles and the water vapors in the surroundings gather in his hand. Small snowflakes combine to form a lily.

Igor's eyes widen in surprise.

"Woah… so mister has Cryo vision."

The old man is also surprised, albeit slightly.

"Sean… My name is Sean." The knight introduces himself to the kid and the old man.

"Ah! Pardon my manners. I am Andrei, the village chief of Sadovaya Village." The village chief slightly bows his head to introduce himself.

"Sadovaya village…" Sean mumbles as he attempts to recall the name from his memories.

'I have no recollection of such a name.' He shakes his head.

Hmm…

The village chief senses his confusion and attributes it to memory loss.

"Sadovaya is a small village in Harrow's pass in the area between steppes and the lowlands. It's present at the outer border of Mondstadt, Snezhnaya, and Fontaine."

'Sadovaya village… The Steppes, Lowlands, Mondstadt, Snezhnaya, Fontaine.' Memories of these place names appear in his mind.

"From your equipment, you appear to be a knight from Mondstadt." Andrei nods as he inspects Sean's expression.

'Looks like my speculation was correct.'

"I beg your pardon, but I can't remember much." Sean shakes his head.

'My memory is still fuzzy. It will take some time to recollect and rearrange all my memories.'

"Rest well!" Andrei gestures to Igor and walks out of the house.

"Hey… hey… Mr. Sean… are you really a knight?" Igor asks him with curiosity.

"I am." Sean nods his head. Regardless of his hazy memory, he still has a recollection of his profession. He stares at the calluses on his hands formed by wielding a sword.

'Yes, I am a knight!'

"Mister… then can you teach me how to wield a sword?' Igor has a hesitant expression on his face. He grits his teeth while fidgeting.

"Mister… please teach me how to wield a sword!" Igor bows to Sean.

"Oh!"

Igor raises an eyebrow.

"You want to learn swordplay. Sure, I will teach you… but you must tell me why you want to learn how to use a sword?" Igor's request piques Sean's curiosity.

"Mister… I want to learn how to fight so I can protect the village from monsters. Those monsters… they… they kidnapped Ana yesterday. Grandpa said that once a monster kidnaps someone, that person will never return. Ana is my friend, I… I want to save her. I want to play with her."

Tears flow from Igor's eyes.

"Igor! Don't bother our guest. He is already injured. Also, your uncle Pasha is already searching for Ana." Andrei rebukes Igor.

"Mister Sean, don't mind him." Andrei waves his hand with a nonchalant expression, but Sean's sharp eyes can sense a tinge of worry in them.

'Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.'

The holy oath of a knight echoes in his mind. Sean clutches his fist.

'No matter who I am or used to be… this doesn't change the fact that I am a knight.'

Sean slowly stands up from the bed.

-----------------------

A/N:- Hello, Forgotten Life here. I am the author of Reborn In Naruto as Madara's Grandson. This is my latest work. It will be a slow pace story. There will be 3 chapters per week for now.

Comment down your thoughts and suggestions. If you like my work and want to support me then checkout my pat reon

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

7