5. Mistwood Dungeon
69 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pasha wakes up the unconscious group as Sean inspects the flaming flower stamen in his hands.

"This stamen can repel the effects of the mist." Sean checks the stamen multiple times with his elemental sight, but he doesn't notice anything peculiar about it except for the dense Pyro elemental energy condensed in its core.

The wounded villagers help bandage each other.

"Yes, Sir Sean. While traveling through this Mistwood forest, it's necessary to carry the Flaming flower stamen. The horde of hilichurl attacked our group attacked us for this reason. Their horde was also after the Flaming Flower Stamen in our possession. Other than safe traveling through the Mistwood forest, it has various uses. It can produce heat and fire. It is also an ingredient in many potions and thus is in high demand among alchemists."

Mm…

Sean returns the seed to Pasha. He picks up a seed left behind by hilichurl.

"So, that hilichurl tribe wasn't a part of the monster group that attacked you?" He inquires.

"Yes, this hilichurl group is from the Stony tribe. The stony tribe lives near the stone caves present at the border of the Mistwood village. We don't interact much with this hilichurl tribe except for some occasional skirmish in the forest." Pasha answers his query.

"Sir Sean, actually before the attack; our group discovered something," Pasha speaks with hesitation.

One of the grievously wounded villagers kowtows in front of Sean.

"Oh, honorable knight… please save my daughter Ana from those monsters. She is still trapped with them."

"Dmitri… can't you see the condition of Sir Knight? He is wounded from the previous encounter with the hilichurls. We should thank the Gods that Sir Knight made it on time to save us." Pasha chides Dmitri.

"But… my Ana…"

"It's enough. You should be thankful…"

"I will help you out. Just explain the situation to me." Sean interrupts Pasha and turns to Dmitri.

Dmitri clenches his fist and mutters.

"Actually… Sir… before the hilichurl attack, we barely escaped with our lives from a dungeon. The monsters who kidnapped Ana are from that dungeon."

"There is a dungeon here." Sean's expression turns grim as information about dungeons appears in his mind.

Dungeons are naturally occurring domains flooded with aggressive monsters. There are usually formed by a disturbance in ley lines. Due to some phenomenon, a large amount of elemental energy might leak out from the ley lines. This leaked energy will entice monsters and thus, a dungeon will be formed. The monsters in the dungeon would be more aggressive than usual since the dense elemental energy affects their sanity.

Sean tears a strip of cloth from his cape. He takes out a bottle of spirit alcohol he got from the village. Sean unscrews the bottle and pours the alcohol over his wounds.

Sssh…

He gasps for air as the wound stings from the alcohol. He drenches the torn cloth in alcohol and wraps it around the wound on his chest.

'I have frozen the wound earlier to prevent bleeding. The alcohol will help disinfect the wound. After this is over, I need to look for a healer to take a look at my condition.'

Sean clutches the right side of his chest as he feels a stinging pain deep inside his lungs.

'Also, what's with these burn marks on my arm?' He stares at the black strip marks on his right arm.

"Thank you so much, sir. Thank you! I can't thank you enough." Dmitri continues to pester him.

"Don't mind it. It's my job as a knight of Favonius to save the citizens of Mondstadt." Sean waves his hand to dismiss him.

'Gods… huh… I can't stand this word. If gods are so mighty; then why do mortals have to suffer their wrath? These Gods demand eternal faith from us to only return endless suffering. Gods, I can't stand them.' He clenches his fists.

The group recuperates for an hour. After an hour, Pasha leads them to the entrance of a dungeon.

The entrance of the dungeon is located in a cavern at the base of a giant tree.

Suddenly, the atmosphere turns chilly. Despite the heat from the Flaming flower stamen, a chill run through everyone's spine.

Hmm…

Sean narrows his eyes. He notices a small amount of purple energy oozing out from the entrance of the dungeons.

'What's that? It seems different from the particles present in the Mist. If the particles in the Mist seem to be pollen from some sort of flower or shroom; then these purple particles seem to ooze with elemental energy.'

The group readies their weapon.

"Let's go! I will be the vanguard. Rest of you follow me." Sean draws his great sword and slung it on his shoulder.

He arrives in front of the entrance of the dungeon.

Hmm…

An invisible ripple spreads through the space as his hands touch the entrance of the dungeon. Sean removes his hand and retouches the entrance.

'It feels like I am soaking my hand in the water.'

Whoosh…

With a giant ripple, he enters the dungeon.

WOAH…

A burst of ominous purple wind assaults the group as soon as they enter the dungeon.

BANG…

Sean slams his great sword on the ground to hold his position. The rest of the group also sticks closer to him. After the burst of wind dies down, Sean lifts his sword and looks around.

As far as his eyes could see, darkness envelops the entire area. There is hardly any light except for some Fluorescent Fungi lighting up the path here and there.

One of the villagers takes out a torch and some cotton tinder. He takes out a vial with some red liquid in it. He soaks the cotton tinder in the liquid and wraps it around the head of the torch. Another villager lights up a matchstick using the heat from the Flaming Flower Stamen. The group burns two torches to light up the surrounding area.

While the villagers are lighting up torches, Sean inspects the walls of the Dungeon.

Hmm…

He notices some arrow marks on the walls.

'These must be from the previous expedition of these villagers. Dungeons are like mazes or puzzles. So, it isn't uncommon to get lost in them.'

He swipes his finger across the walls.

'These walls feel a bit different from the walls of an underground humid cavern. Is this dungeon really inside the cavern or in a separate space? Some beings have magical abilities to alter the surrounding space, either through illusion or through the manipulation of surrounding space and terrain. Anyway, I am not sure what sort of manipulation is this. Even from my faint memories; I was never an expert with space-type magic. It was utility-type magic; so, I never bothered to learn it.'

These are the words he recalls from his memories.

"Sir Sean… we are ready to move."

Pasha's voice interrupts his thought.

"Alright! Let's move ahead."

The group moves forward. One of the villagers marks the wall of caverns. After walking for a few minutes; the path split into two roads.

"Which one should we take?" Sean ponders while looking at the villagers from the corner of his eyes.

"Umm… Sir Sean, the left path is a dead end. There is a trap inside it. Previously, I dismantled the trap thanks to my keen sight and quick reactions." Pasha answers him.

"Then the right path it is…"

The group moves forward to the right.

"Sir, be careful. There are a few monsters in the room up ahead. Previously, we were ambushed by the monsters and the two of us almost lost over lives; if not for Pasha's quick reaction."

Mm…

Sean readies his sword and activates his elemental sight. He previously inquired Pasha about the elemental sight. Only the medic woman can use the elemental sight to some degree. She had some formal training in the medical academy in one of the cities of Snezhnaya. However, her talent was mediocre at best; so she wasn't able to become a full-fledged healer and thus returned to the village.

'Let's see what kind of monsters waits up ahead.'

Sean steps inside the room.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Two fireballs rapidly shoot toward him at a tricky angle.

Swish… slash…

Sean slashes one of them with his sword and lunges sideways to dodge the other one.

Whoosh…

A whistling sound blows through the air. Sean immediately ducks down to avoid the attack. A blade of wind slashes past his head.

Swoosh…

He swings his sword and releases darts of ice toward the attacker.

BOOM… BOOM…

Meanwhile, two fireballs land in his previous position. Sean blocks one of the fireballs with an ice shield and deflects the other with a swing of his sword. The ice shield in his hand melts into the water.

Ri rii… chii… chii…

Noises full of pain and agony echo throughout the entire cavern. Sean adjusts his eyes to the darkness of the room and notices three monsters floating in the center of the room.

--------------------------

A/N:- Hello, Forgotten Life here. I am the author of Reborn In Naruto as Madara's Grandson. This is my latest work. It will be a slow pace story. There will be 3 chapters per week for now.

Comment down your thoughts and suggestions. If you like my work and want to support me then checkout my pat reon

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

1