The end of a journey (Oneshot)
182 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While looking at the horizon, a man had a pensive look on his face. From afar, he was seemingly normal, with ordinary features and build. However, looking closer at him, you could see numerous scars all over his body. His arms, legs, torso and back: scars were all across his body, like tattoos drawn without consent. Only his face was spared, save for one near his right eye. He was around thirty, the youth in him waning from stress at a fast rate. We could only imagine what horrors he experienced in his life. 

He seemed tired, his wizened gaze fixed at the orange sky and blue clouds. The sun was already gone, but remnants of its light brightening the sky in warm colors. A nice breeze blew, the locks of hair of the man swaying. While watching this scenery, just what could he be contemplating?

'YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS' 

It's over! It's finally over! After all those years! The End! Das Ende! La fin! Huh…what was the japanese? Oh right.

'OWARIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'

I continued to scream internally for a while. My joy couldn't be explained in simple words. It was the best day of my life; no other moments could top that. I… I was… I was finally free! Free from all of it! Free from all those dumb and unfair and dumb stories! Great job, me! For not snapping and becoming crazy!

There wouldn't be a sequel. There couldn't be anymore stupid people saying things like 'The end is just another beginning!'. I ended it. I ended my curse. I was not a hero anymore. I wonder how many times did I save the world? I stopped counting around the double digits.

When looking back at my past, it truly was amazing how hard the world tried to push the role of saving it to me. Now, no more people will be tied to its will, as I destroyed Fate once and for all. I really wonder how I managed to keep going… After everything that has happened in my life, I still haven’t gone after anyone or anything in revenge. If I were normal, I would have destroyed the world by now. In a sense it makes me a savior of sorts.

While looking at the horizon, I remember how it all started… 

It was when I became 18. It should have been a happy day, as I became more independent and responsible from this day on, but this was when my 'curse' started. Truly, the worst birthday of my life.

I was summoned to another world as a hero. 

Now, you must think that it shouldn’t be that bad. Being summoned as a hero to save the world: isn't that the dream of countless weebs? Also, it wasn't some dark fantasy world but just a run-of-the-mill fantasy world that needed someone to murder a king. Even if it was a demon and a tirant, I still committed regicide! Well, an ordinary day for every hero. A relief that it wasn't truck-kun who sent me but just a random portal that was angry that it wasn't being used that often anymore for dimensional transportation. 

There's no point in incapable people pushing themselves. I wholeheartedly agree with that. You're better off calling for an expert in the field. And what's better than some young boy from another world who knew next to nothing about fighting? Sometime I really wonder the intelligence of those who summon me.

It was a relief that I got a cheat. That was the only thing that made me agree to save the world I was summoned into. If I didn't get one then I would surely had a nervous breakdown. You know, for perhaps losing all my family and friends and never seeing them again. The name of the cheat was…huh… something to do with cutting. Absolute Slash? Void Sword? Atomic Cut?

Well, after many adventures and trials, I was able to save the first world I was sent to who I can't remember the name anymore. It was just a normal isekai story without any twist whatsoever. I made some companions along the way and together we defeated the Demon King. The End. As a reward, I was able to come back to Earth with my cheat. It also seemed that only around a day passed on Earth while I was away: something about difference in time between planes.

It was a few day later that Earth was invaded by demons.

I couldn't help but admire their plan. They wait before destroying the world they're in so that someone summon a hero from another world and when he get back follow his 'magical signature' to invade said world. However, they didn't predict that I still had my cheat, even if it was weaker because Earth didn't have the right atmosphere for magic. It seemed only very few of them could invade, something about Earth being a higher plane of existence. Their power being vastly inferior from their homeworld for some reason, I killed them until there wasn't anymore left on Earth. I somehow managed to hide my identity and the demon invasion in the process. 

I was then summoned again in another world.

Receiving another cheat and muttering 'again?', I quickly finished whatever problem they had there, this time scouring their whole world and 'cleaning' every demons or demonic cult that existed. After defeating the Demon King there, though he kept calling me a monster for some unknown reasons, I was able to come back to Earth again. 

For a whole month, I was relaxing. The news talked about 'illegal fire' for my secret fights with the demons that invaded. All of this story was now over. I was truly happy to have thoroughly 'cleaned' my second world of evil. Truly, civilization and technology is better than anything else. I could only call the Otherworlders barbaric after seeing them use magic every time to wash their ass after going to what they call 'toilets'. I was now going to find a job and live a happy life.

I was then summoned again to another world. Then got a cheat. Then saved it and got back to Earth. Then summoned. Again and again and again.

A truck sent me to meet a Goddess as I began to dodge every portal I saw. I couldn't be killed with just that after a while so I was instead struck with lightning. This time I was sent to a world more 'asian'. It was a nice change of pace, so I enjoyed myself a little there. After destroying every demonic cult/evil cultivator and carrying out justice. I didn't knew slapping people felt that great before that!

The cycle of me being summoned to save differents worlds continued. Sometime, Earth was invaded by some otherworlders/aliens, so with one of my cheat I created a defensive array so that no one will ever be able to invade Earth. Each time I gained another defensive cheat, I increased Earth defense more and more. Now, I was somehow able to fuse some of my cheats with each other and created an 'Absolute Territory'. Even after getting a stealth cheat so that no one could ever follow me to Earth again, some aliens still managed to invade it so I had to do it.


I went to many worlds. I gained a 'hacking cheat' from one time I went to a sci-fi world. I even piloted giant Mechs and fought battle in outer space. This world was quite fun... So, with this cheat, I illegally hacked searched if there was any informations about my antics. Multiple governments seemed to have taken an interest in me and my frequent disappearances so I deleted anything that could compromise me. I even created a secret organisation so that people on Earth would never discover the hidden side of the world. With some brainwashing and magic, it was a piece of cake. I don't think ignorance is necessarily a bad thing. The more you know, the more problems you have after all. 

Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, after being summoned so many times, I began to do everything myself. I managed to defeat every opponents thrown at me. I saved every world in danger. I think the record was around 2 hours? It's way faster than having dead weights with you. Those 'companions' only hinder me.

The methods of summoning be became more and more violent. The more I tried to evade the summoning circles, rampaging trucks, sudden lightning in broad daylight, train accidents, avalanches, floods and tornadoes, the more the world tried to kill me. I isolated myself on a nice island to see how long I could stay alive before dying and being sent to another world. 

After a meteor was sent my way, I went living in space far from the solar system. I could live easily enough, my cheats keeping me alive and having absurd amount of food inside my 'Inventory', though I don't really need it. It was only after about a year and a half that the world decided the space monsters and meteors it sent at me weren't enough, so it exploded a giant star, the impact sending me straight into a black hole. Even with all my cheats, it was too much for me. The supernova was very pretty up close.

For many years, I researched how and why I was being sent to multiple worlds. Combining cheat together became possible with training, so it became way easier to remember and manage each of my powers. I got 'Absolute Territory' by combining several physical/magical/psychics defensive cheats for instance. Same thing for my offensive cheats and my 'knowledge' cheats. The latters were especially important. With them, I was able to peek at the truth of the world: the root of all my problems. It was akin to a God, though I prefered to call it 'Fate'. 

Not long ago, I finally managed to destroy it. I knew why it kept sending me to save other worlds. It was something about repaying a debt of who created it. I didn't care about that. I already created an artificial God to manage my homeworld with my fusion cheat 'Creation' and fusing the remains of it, so it being gone didn't pose any problems.

The Gods of other worlds were shocked beyond belief. They condoned me for doing that, probably scared that I will kill them next: they knew I could do that, having already killed some evil God. 

I already saved their worlds multiple times, so why are they complaining?! 

I destroyed every God who disagreed with me and replaced them with obedient ones. I promoted a few Angel who worked hard while their Gods were lazing around. I even met those who created Earth and Fate in the first place and we had a nice discussion. During my fight with them, I discovered that my cheats were very similar to their godly powers. One God who seemed to be a very old one almost managed to kill me, his divinity trying to cut my very existence by bypassing my defensive and healing cheats. He still got obliterated. The scars still hurt, but I should be able to heal if I combine a few more cheats. I also stole some of their power with a 'steal' cheat so the process should be easier.

"Ah. Not good, I'm getting lost in my memories." Shaking his head while muttering that, the man stopped looking at the horizon and began to walk towards a white house. This was the only building on the whole island. It looked ordinary from afar, but if you looked closer, you could see a giant robot in the garden. A woman was cleaning it with a towel; while she was wearing work clothes, her beauty couldn't be hidden. She had long silver hair and eyes. Her smooth, curvy body could only be called a creation of the Goddess of beauty herself. When she saw the man, she smiled sweetly radiating an aura of pure joy. A name tag could be seen on her work clothes with the word 'Fate' written on it.

Entering the house, the man said one last thing before the door closed.

"Those are some well earned vacations."

End?

5