3. System Interface
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have been granted 7 Titles!]

Basic Stats

Name: Lucian Villin

Class: ---

Profession: ---

Race: Soul

Strength - [0] - Increase Physical Power, and Health

(Secondary)Constitution - [0][0.05] - Increase attunement with the body

Endurance - [0] - Increases Stamina, and Health,

Perception - [0] - Increase Comprehension, Awareness, Magical Power, and the 6 Senses

(Secondary)Agility - [0][0.05] - Increases attunement with movement

Dexterity - [0] - Increases Flexibility, Reflexes, Physical Power, and Movement

Willpower- [0][0.02]- Increases Mental Resistance, and Energy Control, and Memory

Intelligence - [0][0.02] - Increase Total Mana Pool, and Magical Power

(Secondary) Soul - [0.06] [0.08] - Increases Attunement with the Soul

[The multiverse works using the System. The higher the number of any given stat, the stronger and more effective the individual’s stat becomes.]

[Each stat increased a specific capability.]

[Strength increases physical power and health. Allows for close combat physical specialists like the Swordsman to do increased damage and maintain survival]

[Endurance increases stamina and health. Allows for defensive close combat specialists like the Guardian increased defense and stamina to block continuous attacks]

[Perception increases comprehension, awareness, and magical power. Allows for ranged/close combat specialists like the Spellsword increased magical power and awareness]

[Dexterity increased flexibility, reflexes, movement, and physical power. Allows for ranged/close combat specialists like the Ranger increased physical power, reflexes, and movement]

[Willpower increases mental resistance, energy control, and memory. Allows for ranged combat specialists like the Priest increased mana control for buffing spells]

[Intelligence increased the mana pool and magical power. Allows for ranged combat specialists like the Mage increased magical power and mana pool]

[Congratulations! You have unlocked all your Secondary Attributes! Gained increased strength in its respective Primary attributes.]

"This must be a hallucination," mumbled Lucian as he stared at the blue screen. After all, dropping from God knows where to a world where red is the only color around wasn’t very realistic. Add in the flying dragon-looking beast he just spotted, and he might need to find a clinic.

"Or I am actually in the Underworld... would be fitting for someone like me," he said with a self-deprecating chuckle.

Back on Earth, before he became the creator of the superhuman trend, Lucian was never the person to help someone out of generosity. No, he would only ever help someone in need if they have value for him or his goals. He was always ruthless in accomplishing his goals, even if it required actions people might consider unethical. He had built up a reputation of respect and fear to all that knew about him.

But in turn, he was always ruthless to himself. He pushed himself far above any expectation he put on anyone else to become the best in his field.

With this mentality, he quickly grew into the man he was today.

He was like this because that was the only thing he had ever known growing up. Lucian had seen it all living in extreme poverty, with kids who would kill for a chance to be adopted, even caretakers who would sell you to human traffickers only to line their pockets. He quickly realized that to survive means you must take from others what you must, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. He learned this lesson from experience, and regardless of how unfortunate it was, it was the truth of how the world worked.

With this truth firmly placed in his heart, he survived multiple dire situations earlier in his career, eventually breaking free of his past as an orphan and becoming the person he was today.

Whether that made him a bad or a good person, at the end of the day, Lucian did not care. The only person he truly cared about was dead. Now, all he cared for was vengeance.

And he would do anything to enact vengeance, to fill the hole that that man left in him when he killed Anna, or he would die trying.

Calming himself down, he took a look at his body.

The first thing Lucian noticed was that his body was not the same as it was.

He didn't seem to even have a body.

His new form floated in the air as a white blob. It was roughly the size of a tennis ball with a transparent look. As a third party, he probably would be able to look right through his new body. It really brought a new meaning to the saying, ‘he could be seen right through.’

He quickly realized that he was a disembodied soul! It did make sense since his body was extracted of its energy to support the pod’s transportation though it didn’t seem like it was enough to fully transport him to his desired location, leaving him stranded in this underworld.

After further testing, he realized that at its center was a black spot that looked eerily out of place to him. He couldn’t describe the feeling apart from the feeling that something was off there, which he found confusing. He wasn’t the type of person to trust his gut to get the job done. He preferred detailed explanations and analytics to guide his decisions. Either way, Lucian had a sneaking suspicion that it was very important. And in unknown territory like this, the only thing he could count on was his gut, so he carefully analyzed all parts of it before he moved on.

He began to experiment on himself by checking to see how his body moved, which seemed about felt normal, considering he had no legs or arms. Luckily thanks to his well-versed understanding of souls, he found an alternative. He could use the inherent power of a soul, his will, to propel himself wherever he wanted. The only thing that he couldn’t do was fly.

However, problems arose when he tried to use his arms. Or the lack thereof. However, a simple solution was to will the items he needed to follow him to work as makeshift arms for his use. He didn't have a mouth to talk, but somehow he could hear his voice spoken out, which he found extremely weird but interesting.

“Since I can think and speak normally, do I have a brain as well?” Lucian didn’t know but what he did know was he definitely going to learn a lot about souls.

As an avid researcher on the topic of souls, it did interest him that he would gain first-hand experience as a soul.

Apart from the fact he had no legs, arms, or face, he felt perfectly fine. It was almost ironic that the thing he had researched for so long ended up being what he had become in the Underworld. This form removed many restraints that held back his previous body, with the downside that he was much weaker than he was previously, which was not a good trend. As a person who needed strength the most right now, being stuck in a weaker form was not ideal, especially for someone as ambitious and vengeance-driven as Lucian.

“Most of my studies had to do with using the Soul in tandem with the body, preventing me from using any techniques for now. I must find a way to regain my original body. In the meantime, let's explore this strange new world.” he thought with interest, letting the nerd out of its cage.

Moving back to the blue screens, the first thing that popped up was his titles.

Titles

First Citizen, Statistical Pioneer, Soulful Pioneer, Undertaker, Muscular Pioneer, Speedy Pioneer, The Perfect Pioneer

Focusing on the first one, it expanded to give a better description.

First Citizen - First person in the World [Unidentified] to become a citizen of the Multiverse

All stats 5%

Pretty straightforward description. The title gave 5% extra stats to all his stats available. It would be pretty average for stat gain in the early levels. Still, it would be incredibly impactful as he got more levels under his belt.

The title seemed to have been gained from being the first person to translocate from Earth to the Multiverse. In essence, he jumped the gun and acquired the title before anyone on earth could acquire it, which was a great perk he gained from this disaster.

With this bonus, he would be able to gain exclusive titles for himself for the foreseeable future since there was no one from his world in the multiverse.

It was practically cheating! Lucian, however, didn’t mind it at all. The more he gained from this, the stronger he would become and the faster he would be able to find his way back home. He lived and breathed the saying, ‘never look a gift horse in its mouth.’

"Solid start. Let's see what other titles we got."

Moving back to the screen, he looked at the next set of titles.

Soulful Pioneer- First Person in the World [Unidentified] to gain the Soul stat. Grants an Additional 15% increase to Soul Stat. 15% of Soul stat goes towards Willpower and Intelligence. Additional Soul +0.05(Grade 1)

Statistical Pioneer - First person in the World [Unidentified] to gain a secondary Stat. Additional 10% increase to all Secondary stats. 10% of all Secondary Stat goes towards Original Primary Stats

Muscular Pioneer- First Person in the World [Unidentified] to gain the Constitution stat. Grants an Additional 15% increase to Constitution Stat. 15% of the Constitution stat goes towards Strength and Endurance. Additional Constitution +0.05(Grade 1)

Speedy Pioneer- First Person in the World [Unidentified] to gain the Agility stat. Grants an Additional 15% increase to Agility Stat. 15% of Agility stat goes towards Dexterity and Perception. Additional Agility +0.05(Grade 1)

The Perfect Pioneer - First person in the World [Unidentified] to gain all secondary Stats. Additional 10% increase to all Secondary stats. 10% of all Secondary Stat go towards Original Primary Stats

 

This explained the secondary stats he gained even though he didn't actually know what they did yet. From the system’s description of the secondary attributes, he inferred that they were moderately rare yet he seemed to have gained all of them.

Lucian couldn't help but mentally whistle in amazement at the Titles description. Looking at these five Titles made more sense of the stat placement on his character sheet.

He probably started with 0.01 points in the soul stat. Then the 0.05 additional points to the secondary attributes brought in the extra attributes. Coupled with the absurd amount of percentage increase the Titles offer, his stats were much higher than they would have been without. Even more impressive is that the title also granted Stats to willpower and intelligence, Totalling about 0.1 Stats in total just from those three titles!

That's not counting the other bonuses from the other titles!

"Don't have much to reference, but I'm very sure these bonuses are far higher than normal titles." he was shocked at the bonuses he received.

'Though, I wonder what Grades mean...' as he focused on the title. Immediately another screen popped up.

[Grades pertain to the effectiveness a stat has depending on the number of Transformations a being has gone through. Ex: A [Grade 2] being will see a .001 increase in strength from a [Grade 1] title that gives +1 to strength]

[Grade 1] - 1

[Grade 2] - .001

[Grade 3] - .00001

[Grade 4] - .0000001

[Grade 5] - .000000001

Lucian's eyes narrowed as he reviewed the information displayed to him. It seems like those additional points get much weaker as he gets stronger. In contrast to percentage-based Titles that scale as he grows, static titles develop weaker.

"That begs the point of why they even exist. Why would the system create something that eventually becomes obsolete as you get stronger? I'm sure it has its uses. However, based on this discovery, I believe focusing on percentage-based Titles would yield me a better return for the effort I put into acquiring it," he mumbled, musing on the ramification the discovery brought.

Finally, the last title's description read:

Undertaker- You are the First Human to Travel to the Underworld. Grants Soul Secondary Stat. Grants Soul Eater (Ability). Usable only in the Underworld.

The title gave him the Soul stat and an ability called Soul eater. Honestly, he didn't really know the effects the Soul stats had since its description wasn't really, well, descriptive. Still, he definitely had to be grateful to this title for giving all the great stats he's had.

"Now, what does the Soul Eater ability do..." like all other things related to the system, he focused on the Soul Eater ability, waiting for a response.

"..."

1