7. Gods Again
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucian

 

Lucian woke up feeling... absolutely fine! Surprised that he woke up again, he immediately checked on his soul for any changes.

 

The most significant change, however, was actually the opposite of what he expected. He seemed to have grown even smaller than before!

 

His soul diameter was at least 15-20% smaller than before. However, what was more surprising was he now had a corona of soul energy around him. It was milky white in color and seemed similar to clouds in texture. The color of his soul changed into a darker shade of yellow, and golden lightning flashed around his body occasionally. His body changes were much more than he expected, but his character sheet was even more so.

 

Opening his Character sheet, his eyes widened in surprise.

 

Basic Stats

 

Strength - [0]

 

Constitution - [0][0.05]

 

Endurance - [0]

 

Perception - [0]

 

Agility - [0][0.05]

 

Dexterity - [0]

 

Willpower- [0][0.08]

 

Intelligence - [0][0.08]

 

Soul - [0.13][0.23]

 

The first change he noticed was that his soul attribute changed color.

 

"The Limit break effect probably causes this."

 

Focusing on the stat, the system popped up with some new information.

 

[Limit has been broken from ordinary to Red. Each additional point in the Soul attribute is slightly more effective]

 

"Great! That explains why I feel so much stronger than I was before. It also seems like I've gained some new titles too."

 

Lucian opened his title page.

 

Titles

 

Surpasser IV - Kill an Enemy 20 levels above you. Additional +5% to all Stats. Increases Physical and Magical power multiplier by 1.

 

Surpasser V - Kill an Enemy 40 levels above you. Additional +5% to all stats. Increases Physical and Magical power multiplier by 2

 

Reaper's bane I - Live to see another day after a near-death experience. Increase Health and Stamina multiplier by 1.

 

Reaper's bane II - Tease Death once again and survive. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1

 

Reaper's Bane III - Play with Death and survive. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1

 

Reaper's Bane IV - Death Is your comfort place. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increase Health and Stamina Regeneration by 50%

 

Reaper's Bane V - You find life through Death. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increase Health and Stamina regeneration by 100%

 

Shocked at the number of titles, Lucian could only shake his head in amazement.

 

With significant risk comes great reward. he knew that was very close, and he would definitely need to find a way to protect himself further before he did that again. However, he couldn't help but smile at how fast he was improving.

 

"I wonder how many Titles of Surpasser I could get before I enter the living world?'" he thought, amused by the prospects of reincarnating as an OP baby.

 

'Hmm, thinking about it, how will I reincarnate? My previous body should have been gone or dead, and I didn't come here naturally like the others. I'll have to see if I can modify how I can reincarnate... '

 

'in the meantime, I'll fill out more of my soul stat and get it fully maxed out. Who knows, there might be another limit to break to get to the next level.' he moved towards the closest, most convenient soul nearby.

 

Months went by with no interruptions as he took in souls one after the other. Slowly but surely, he noticed that his soul was growing more condensed and solid yellow. The corona surrounding him increased in side and thickened in color. He also noticed that the yellow flashing around him had increased in frequency. The multicolored center of his body also grew deeper and denser in color, with even more colors mixed in. Four months went by as he devoured nearly 200,000 souls.

 

Looking at his character sheet, he analyzed the improvements he's had these Four months.

 

Basic Stats

 

Strength - [0]

 

Constitution - [0][0.05]

 

Endurance - [0]

 

Perception - [0]

 

Agility - [0][0.05]

 

Dexterity - [0]

 

Willpower- [0][0.12]

 

Intelligence - [0][0.12]

 

Soul - [0.2][0.35]

 

His stats dramatically increased in the last few months due to his effort. He did notice that it was significantly harder to increase stats past the first Limit. Fortunately, with the increase in stats came a rise in his manipulation ability and his sense. After several attempts, he finally controlled nearly 50 balls of energy simultaneously, which would help tremendously with lasting throughout Soul Eater's duration, especially with stronger souls.

 

He also developed the ability to pull items into his soul, similar to a pocket. Depending on the object's size, he could even change its size temporarily to fit into his soul, which honestly would help significantly with his plans.

 

'Most of my preparations are complete to begin the next limit break...'

 

Glancing up top towards the cave's ceiling, he felt a presence observing him, which was weird since every time he looked, no one was there. He thought he was being watched after his soul attribute increased to 1.8. As his soul grew, the feeling became even more prominent.

 

And just like before, there was no one there.

 

"I didn't expect a being such as yourself to act so cowardly towards a harmless soul," he shouted towards the ceiling, not really expecting a response.

 

"...."

 

"Haha.... impressive young man. I made it much easier for you to sense me, but you're quite talented for you to pick up my presence so quickly." A man Laughed as he glided down the ceiling.

 

He was incredibly beautiful, almost unnaturally so. His silver hair flowed down like silk as the wind from his descent picked his hair up. On top of his head was a red halo glowing menacingly. With his perfect facial proportions, black eyes, and humungous black wings behind his back, he looked just like a personification of the angel of Death.

 

The man wore a robe embroidered with depictions of Death, each almost like watching a story as it moved from one scene to another.

 

Easily over 10 meters tall, he overshadowed anyone he had met in his previous life. The man landed 12 meters from Lucian as he stared.

 

After nearly a minute of staring at Lucian, he finally began, "You have the most unique souls I have ever encountered throughout my existence as a god. It's remarkable! I believe your innate ability will be quite powerful." a slight smile tugged on his lips

 

This man was very dangerous. He could almost feel it in the air.

 

"Who are you?" Lucian asked warily.

 

Ignoring his question, he continued to stare.

 

"Have you reached your limit?". Curiosity in his pupil-less silver eyes. they flashed at him briefly.

 

Like he was compelled to answer, he said, "...No, I don't believe so," he replied, wary of the man's power to compel him so easily.

 

"Marvelous! You are the first person to have a soul this powerful in quality to exist in our age," he said with enthusiasm that didn't reach his face.

 

"Unfortunately, as the god of Death decrees, you cannot exist. I must kill you for disturbing his realm's function" His smile slowly vanished as he raised his left hand forward.

 

His hand created a suction force that pulled into Lucian's body. Powerless to do anything, Lucian could only let himself be pulled toward his Death.

 

"Orcus, come," he called as a scythe bigger his body manifested in his right arm.

 

Lucian gritted his teeth and attempted to use his soul manipulation to escape; however, it was to no avail. He didn't even budge from his path toward the god's hand.

 

The god raised his scythe's blade high, ready to strike.

 

"I'm completely powerless. Is this the pinnacle of strength in this world?" he said to himself as the god swung his scythe, the weapon breaking through the air pressure.

 

At every turn, he was countered and manipulated back into place. In his brief moments with this god, he almost felt like his life was not his own. He was merely a bug he could kill at any time without effort.

 

Effortlessly, the scythe cut through his soul like paper. The last thing Lucian saw was the haunting image of that unstoppable scythe crashing down as he once again lost consciousness.

 

The scythe pierced his body as Lucian's soul was cut in half. The god then proceeded to mince his soul into even smaller slices.

 

The only thing left of Lucian were clouds of soul energy around him.

 

Lucian was dead.

 

The god simply stared at the clouds of his remains with indifference.

 

Suddenly with his scythe hanging to his side, the god contracted his left hand, balling it into a fist.

 

Suddenly Lucian's remains were pulled back together like it was nothing.

 

Using his divinity, he breathed life into him as he waited.

 

*DING*

 

Lucian woke up once again with the feeling of a splitting headache.

 

Confused, he turned around and saw the god behind him as he recalled what had happened.

 

"ARGH, I WILL NO- ..... wait, I'm alive? What's going on? What are- wait! Just a se-" another scythe sliced through his body, cutting his body into pieces once again.

 

And Again, his soul was put together.

 

"Hold on! Why are y-" another scythe sliced through

 

"Why-"

 

"Are"

 

"…..—"

 

Multiple times, Lucian was bisected until he grew numb to it.

 

The god retracted his scythe as he released Lucian's soul as he waited for Lucian to wake.

 

Slowly, Lucian's consciousness immediately returned. The first thing he did was check his Character sheet for any changes.

 

Basic Stats

 

Strength - [0]

 

Constitution - [0][0.05]

 

Endurance - [0]

 

Perception - [0]

 

Agility - [0][0.05]

 

Dexterity - [0]

 

Willpower- [0][0.12]

 

Intelligence - [0][0.12]

 

Soul - [0.2][0.35]

 

*

 

Titles

 

Surpasser IV - Kill an Enemy 20 levels above you. Additional +5% to all Stats. Increases Physical and Magical power multiplier by 1.

 

Surpasser V - Kill an Enemy 40 levels above you. Additional +5% to all stats. Increases Physical and Magical power multiplier by 2

 

Reaper's bane I - Live to see another day after a near-death experience. Increase Health and Stamina multiplier by 1.

 

Reaper's bane II - Tease Death once again and survive. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1

 

Reaper's Bane III - Play with Death and survive. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1

 

Reaper's Bane IV - Death Is your comfort place. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increase Health and Stamina Regeneration by 50%

 

Reaper's Bane V - You find life through Death. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increase Health and Stamina regeneration by 100%

 

Reaper's Bane VI - Life and Death are one. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increases Health and Stamina regeneration by 250%

 

Reaper's Bane VII - You've made a deal with Death. Increases Health and Stamina multiplier by 1. Energy type: Soul Essence Unlocked. Increases Soul Essense Regeneration by 50%

 

Reaper's Bane VIII - Surpass Mortality. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increases Soul Essence Regeneration by 100%

 

Reaper's Bane IX - Find Death through deathlessness. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Increase Soul Essence Regeneration by 250%

 

Reaper's Bane X - True Bane of Death. Increase Health and Stamina Multiplier by 1. Grants Soul Sight.

 

First Soul Master - First Person in World [Unidentified] to gain Soul Essence. Significantly increases Soul Manipulation.

 

His eyes narrowed as he turned toward the man.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Simple. I need you to get strong enough to damage this realm."

1