Chapter 20: The Reunion
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day after, Zetien already had went home. The twins on the other hand, were allowed to stay for only a couple of days after gaining his permission. Montana wakes up at the sound of the maid knocking on her door, informing her that she was being called by her brother, Dain. Montana then sat up and answered while rubbing her eyes. She looks outside, thinking that he maybe there only to see the curtains of her room dancing. After closing the windows and fixing herself, she heads outside, towards the Lab.

When she reaches the lab, she meets two of Dains subordinates who seemed to be very anxious. She stops the two of them from talking and calmed them down to let her understand. One of the scientists then explained that it was because of Yve, who Dain took care of now that he arrived. They said that they were forced to lock her in a cell after her burst of violence. Montana couldn’t believe them, so asked where they were at. After gaining the information, she hurriedly went there only to see Dain on the one-way mirror, and Yve on the other side, who was struggling to free herself from the restrains they had given her. She then went closer and asked Dain if what the other scientist’s said is true. Dain then nodded as he grunts holding his arm, covered in bandages.

Dain: I-argh… don’t know how or why…

Montana: A-are you okay?

Dain: Ill be fine, Yve’s the one who needs help

Yve: Aghh! I-IT HURTS-! IT BURNS!!!

Montana: What happened to her?

Dain: Im not sure… But her insides aren’t working in her control.

It looks like her entire being’s going against her

Montana: Wh-what? Since when?

Dain: Last night, I found out using the records

The two were confused, and felt helpless as they watch the girl suffer. Dark veins started to appear on her head, forming into something they weren’t so sure of. After a couple of hours, she finally stopped crying out in pain. Dain noticed that she felt drained, thinking that she wouldn’t be able to move, he sends a number of men inside to check her status. While doing so, one of them looked at the mirror from the other side and headed back to Dain, which then explained that she was calling out to him. The two were surprised by this and while hesitating at first, he then called out the others and went in with only Montana beside him. He then unlocked the lock that was restraining her neck as he lightly grabs her by the chin, only to see her teary eyes which showed anguish.

Dain: Y-Yve… You’re back-

Yve: I-it hurts-

Im sorry, fo-for everything

Dain: Shh…shhh… It’s alright, you weren’t in control

Montana: Yve…

Yve: Di-did I hurt you too?

Montana shook her head, and went closer as she sighs and hold the young girls cheek, and wipes her tears. Dain then unlocks all of the restrains making her lose balance which Montana took care of by making Yve lean to her. This situation gave Montana a fright as she calls for Dain after seeing that her horns had duplicated. After confirming this, Dain tries to touch them, only to see Yve react.

Dain: S-sorry… Does it hurt?

Yve: yes… a bit...

My head hurts

Montana: Is that why you were like that earlier?

It looks like the same evolution the demons in rift make…

Dain: Y-you also grew a bit… or maybe you just got heavier

What did you do that might’ve caused this?

Yve: Nothing! I didn’t do anything!

Montana: Well? Go on then, take care of her

Dain: A-ahh yes of course… Can you walk?

Montana: You idiot! You’re gonna make her walk after all that?

Dain: A-ahh, sorry…

Here climb my back

With that said, Montana helped Yve as she climbed Dain, who then headed towards the Laboratory’s medical room. With nothing to do left, Montana leaves the scene after telling that she believed in Dain. While heading outside with Leo, she sees a certain person flying from the sky, heading back to her room in the Palace. Immediately after seeing this, she excused herself from Leo who was heading towards the rift. She then ran as fast as she could without looking back, which only confused the Knight. After reaching her room, she stops to catch her breath in the entrance which took the young boys attention, who claimed that her breathing could be heard in the other side of the world. She then went closer and stops right in front of him, which concerned the young boy.

The Second: Wh-what? I was just joking…

Montana: I-I have something serious to say

The Second: Perfect timing, Gabriel called for a meeting.

Montana: The fourth?

Wait, no that’s not important right now… You have to help me

The Second: With what? Aren’t you satisfied with my power?

But before she could reply, her vision blurs and was once again restored only when they reached the Vision Realm. The boy then turned around and asked her to follow. Having a lot of thoughts in her mind, her body hesitated. She then moved after forcing herself to, following the boy who matched her speed. Later on they reached the Plane of the Void, where The Fourth and Sophie were waiting. After gaining their attention, The Fourth waves as Montana and Sophie embrace each other. Sophie had heard of the news but wasn’t capable to go there on her own, so she apologizes only to be stopped when Montana told her that she didn’t have to.

Gabriel (Wanderer): We meet again, lady Mont

Montana: Yes, greetings Gabriel

Sophie: A-are you really okay?

Montana: Yeahh of course, the dumb duo did their best

Gabriel (Wanderer): I summoned you to inform you of our success in gaining my vessel

Sophie: I think they can see that

Gabriel: But since theres something that seems to be troubling you may I ask what it is?

Montana: Oh uhhm… I-its about my mother

Gabriel:  I see…The time is near

The Second: Where is he? Isn’t he gonna come?

Gabriel: No, it will only be us today…

Ill go to him on my own after this, I have to talk about something in private

Montana: Wait… what time?

Gabriel: Elizabeth, the one destined to be the first sacrifice for the sword

Montana: Wait- wha-what sacrifice?

Didn’t you negate the spell?

The Second: Yeahh I did? What about it?

Gabriel: I see… He still hasn’t explained

Montana: What?

The group then went silent as Gabriel began to explain. The First did not only take The Second’s powers, but also a part of his memory. It was needed in order for him to not gain his full potential, for it would cause chaos that might be worse; now that The First has been occupied with a certain topic Gabriel can’t enlighten them as of now. Montana then asked what that had to do with her mother, Gabriel then answered back saying since he doesn’t have his full potential, only a minor part of the sword’s curse was negated, meaning that the spell was basically only slowed.

After hearing what he said, Montana was shocked as she turns around, annoyed. She felt like that because of the thought that her problems seemed to have stacked every time she solves one. She looks at Second, who was also surprised, not knowing the fact that his memories was also taken. She then takes a deep breath, looking for the next step. After a while, she faced Gabriel once more and spoke.

Montana: Well… That only happened because he only has a fraction of his power right now right?

Then… Could he cancel the spell when he has it?

Gabriel: I cannot answer that

Sophie: W-why? This is Mont’s mother we’re talking about…

The Second: Its because he made a contract with Him…

The First, isn’t that right brother?

Montana: A contract?

Gabriel went silent. After realizing that he really will not speak about it, Montana thinks of another way to gain the information she needed.

Montana: Well… Since you didn’t ignore it, I believe that there is a way

For him to get his power back…

Sophie: Tell her Gabriel

Gabriel: Forgive me, but I cannot

The Second: Its our Emblem isn’t it?

Only the both of you have yours, and only you two have vessels as well

Gabriel: You know the reasons brother

The Second: Reasons? You watched as He stole my power

Not even that… Even my memory! How would I even know if these memories I have are true?

Gabriel: Mind your words brother

Don’t let anger get a hold of you

The Second then sighs as he turns around. The girls were surprised by their actions, but understood each others side. Knowing that having The Second’s memory wiped mustve been The First’s way to avoid the same events during The First King. Gabriel then went closer to the boy, and grabbed his shoulder. The Second then reacted by turning to him and quickly embraced him. The Second apologizes only for Gabriel to stop him midway. Gabriel knew that his change was only because of their loss. He knew the boy and The Third were close. He then leaned his arm as they went towards the Thirds pedestal.

Gabriel: Lemme tell you a secret

The Second: A secr-?

Gabriel:  hes not gone yet

Just as he expected, The Second was still silent. But instead turned around, and headed back towards the middle. Gabriel then followed behind him and spoke, even though the boy had his back turned.

Gabriel: He’s still out there somewhere, and He is looking for him

The Second: and how do I know if that’s true?

Gabriel: Believe me brother, and trust in Him

I know how much you love hi-

While saying so, The Second goes near one of the pedestals and touches the hilt. Gabriel, who noticed this, stopped talking and used his vision to look into the future. But before he could react to what he saw, The Second had already acted

The Second: Then you’ll understand right?

Gabriel: S-Stop!

0