Chapter 30: The One named Athena
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days before, In the Kingdom of Lichtenstein, was Prince Lugh who felt annoyed having to stick in such a pointless meeting. Even the privileges of the Royal Family has its downside he thought. They’ve been discussing for quite a while, even having Lugh miss his meal which ruined his mood. While the Nobles were talking, one of them notices his indisposed nature. He then calls out to him, only to regret doing so after receiving his cold glare. The Prince then sighs as he stands up, turning his back from the table. The others then kept on insisting for him to stay, only to be rejected by him claiming what they were having was pointless. “What a waste of time” he says to himself, while heading towards the Dining Room to feast. But just before he was about to order, a maid comes holding a tray with a letter. Seeing the seal surprised him, he then controls himself before showing emotion in front of the maid. After excusing her, he opens the letter and reads it. “What a great afternoon isn’t it kitty? Its been a while… Why not come over? Father had already left for the south wall, Ill be waiting~” Such a short letter he Young Prince thought.

After laying down the letter, one of the butlers reached out to him, thinking that he was about to order. He just watches as the Prince was stuck in a trance, after calling out to him multiple times, he finally answered saying that he’d cancel his meal. Lugh then stood up and left, which worried the butler who knew that he was already hungry. While heading towards his room, he called out to his servants, asking them to fetch for his carriage. Only one thing was stuck on his mind and it wasn’t food or how hungry he was, but instead was how she knew her letter would arrive on time. After preparing his things, he leaves the Palace heading straight to the dukedom.

After reaching its premises, he was greeted by the servants, only for them to be ignored as he went straight inside the mansion. Veronica then greeted him inside, but as expected the Prince ignored her, heading straight to Athena’s room. Veronica then calls out to him to stop, and tells him of Athena’s whereabouts. He then looks at her with dead eyes, observing her before leaving. After reaching the dining room, he sees Athena at the table, playing with the fork as she waited for the meal. She then calls out to him, which surprised Lugh who thought he hid quite well. He then shows himself as he came closer.

Athena: So you came… hehehe~come kitty, sit beside me

You must be hungry

Lugh: ….I-

Athena: Wheres my order? It should’ve been here by now

The waiters then came, holding six different containers of their meal. One by one they show them, while Athena called out its names. Lugh was surprised, which Athena saw. She then lets out a small laugh, knowing that she ordered the right things. Lugh then notices her as her gaze was directed towards him. He then holds his tie, to hide the way he gulped. Athena, who noticed this, kept it to herself as she drank from her cup.

Lugh: EhemShall we?

Athena: mmh~ yes… of course

The two then began to feast. After a while, Lugh suddenly felt awkward, noticing the silence while they were eating. He then asks Athena if something was wrong, only for her to say that it was nothing. Lugh knew what that meant, knowing that even Athena was bored with how things were. Just before finishing, Veronica entered, claiming that their desserts have arrived, and behind her was Sally who had just arrived.

Lugh: Sally?

Athena: Ahh yes… I took her in for training

I want to see… Her true form

Veronica: Well then, we shall take our leave

Athena: Nonsense, you must be tired

Sit down and join us

The two were shocked, Athena wasn’t usually like this. After Veronica had noticed, she decided to listen thinking that the beauty was just in a good mood. The two of them then sat down, but kept their distance going at it end. Sally felt awkward at first, but was ensured when Veronica gave her a look to calm down. Athena then speaks, telling them that they should order. After doing so, she leans back crossing her legs as she stared at the two, who were opposite to them.

Athena: Veronica… Any progress?

Veronica: We’re… getting there…

Forgive me my lady

Athena: You don’t have to raise your hand

Speak Sally

Sally: Well uhmm… If I may ask…

What makes you so certain that they wouldn’t be wary of us?

Athena: I never said such things

They will be wary at first, but once you’ve gained their trust, it will be easy

Lugh: I still believe they aren’t ready for this…

Athena: Ohh kitty… You have to trust and see

Afterall….Thanks to Veronica, Sally has grown quite well

Sally: What would we do if things go wrong?

Veronica: Sally!

Athena: Its fine Veronica… Its better to be safe than sorry, isn’t that right Sally?

….”Things” wont go wrong, as long as you follow whats planned

Sally: I se-

Athena: As long as you don’t show any signs of violence, their walls will slowly break down

Athena then stood up, having finished her meal. Lugh, who saw this, excused himself leaving the other two behind as he followed on behind her. After reaching her room, he watches as she fell from a trance. She looked so beautiful, he thought. After noticing him, she calls out his name. The two then went to the bed, Lugh embracing her as she laid down on him. He then blushes, smelling her hairs wonderful aroma. The two then had to break it off, hearing Dylans voice after he left his carriage. Both of them then meet when Lugh was heading down the stairs.

Dylan:  Athy~

….You, when did you-

He was interrupted, seeing that Athena followed from behind him. She went to his direction, making him think that she was coming in for an embrace. Instead she came to the side, taking Lugh’s coat as she went back to him, saying her goodbye as she helped him wear it. The day then ends when Lugh leaves, and Athena having to apologize after ignoring Dylan, while heading to her room to wave Lugh goodbye.

Back to the present, Athena finally reaches the Palace gates. She then exits the carriage, yawning as she stretched her body taking the attention of the people she ignored. Athena then looks up to see the Palace as she grins while heading towards the entrance.

Athena: Now then… Shall we~

After reaching the throne room, she introduces herself to the Royal Family. After a while, she was left with Montana, who she knew wanted to talk to her. Athena then waited for her to come, and later on greets her while asking Montana of what she wanted to talk about. Athena began to notice that as their conversation continued, Montana’s questions would get harder. She was testing her, but since she knew, she answered all of them flawlessly.

The conversation then ends when Veronica comes and excuses herself, claiming that the herbs had arrived. But to Montana’s surprise, Athena orders them to hold unto them for a while, and later on asks Montana for a private time with the King. Montana was surprised, but understood what she meant. She knew it was going to come to this, and didn’t really have a reason to decline. The King then agrees, leaving only Athena with the Royal Family.

King Roderick: Is there something wrong?

Athena: Well… I shouldn’t say wrong but…

Isn’t this quite cruel Your Majesty?

King Roderick: Pardon?

Athena: Forgive me but I worry of our current status…

Only your side have received something, I fear my higher ups might reconsider if this continues

King Roderick: Negotiating I see…

Dain: They have done quite a lot, our stock prices have gotten higher thanks to their products

King Roderick: ….Very well, what is it that you wish for?

Athena: Our wishes haven’t changed at all~

But… Surely you know that isn’t all that we came here for

Montana: So the time finally came…

Dain: Well Sister… We’ve already expected this, have we not?

Montana: Indeed…

What is it that you truly want Lady Wintere?

Athena then stands up, looking at the Princess directly as she raised her hand.

Athena: Well then… Ill get straight to the point…

I wish… for the Rogues

 

0