Chapter 1: A New Beginning
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a crowded city full of busy people, lived two young children. A girl named Montana her brother named Dain. Montana was a young girl who was separated from the outside world. It was essential for her to do so, in order to help her focus on building her reputation as a member of the Royal Family. Montana was the youngest, and was the only female heir of the Chisaiki. That day, she was carrying out her daily duties, one of which was her training in the art of the sword. She trained under a young Knight named Leo.

Leo is a young man from a noble family who served the Royal Family. He is also the one who was given the Title "Chevalier Knight” He was one of Montana’s loyal friends. It was the same day for her coronation. Where she would be dubbed as the Princess of Chisaiki. After a few rounds of warming up, the two begin their main match. It was one of their routine to spar every time they finished training. Montana charged straight at Leo, holding her wooden sword low and strikes, aiming at his cheek. Leo dodges with ease, having predicted the swing of her blade. He then blocks her second attack, which was aimed to his arm. Leo then pushed her back, causing her to lose balance as it widened their distance.

Leo: stand up, we're not done yet.

Hearing him say that irritated Montana, but controlled herself as she stood up with the help of her sword. They return to their stance and this time Leo striked first, aiming for her shoulder. Montana leaned sidewards to avoid it and flipped backwards to avoid the following strike. She then rushes back to him, and parried with Leo’s blade, she then pushes his blade away and attempts to drag her sword to his stomach. Even though he was surprised, Leo lets go of his sword and instinctively used both hands to stop hers just in time before it hit him. Knowing that her opponent lost his weapon, Montana pulls back, making Leo lose his grip, she then continued to barrage Leo blow after blow. The match ended when her kick successfully hit Leo’s leg making him lose balance. Without a moment to waste, she held her sword and dealt the last blow, but stopped before she could hit him. The witness then claimed the end of the match. Knowing his defeat, he stood up and took Montana’s hand, and shook it to pay his respect.

Leo: You've gotten better, your Highness... to think that you'd have bested me with the sword.

Montana: Well... I did learn from the best~

So… is this what it feels to win?

Leo: Hahaha-, (I can’t really say anything cause I lost)

Montana: You were still holding back though... I could tell (Some say you never lose your sword in a fight, and plus you could've ended the match when I fell down earlier)

Leo: Well.. It is your Day isn’t it? Hahahahaha-

 Since you won your first match. How bout we go out’n eat?

Having agreed to his proposal, the two of them headed towards their favorite Restaurant. Having asked for permission, it took a while for them to leave. But on the way, Montana notices a Bakery in the other side of the road. The Bakery seemed new she thought, knowing it wasn't there before. So she asked Leo if she would check it out. Leo was reluctant at first, but soon agreed since it was only a few minutes away from the restaurant. She then climbed down the carriage as Leo went first to take their order in advance, and to save them a seat.

As she was crossing the lane, she felt a tall figure coming from her left side. But before she could react, the two already had crashed unto each other. While processing the incident, Montana groaned, looking at her arms and sees a scratches. She then heared a familiar voice call to her. Montana took his hand without thinking and stood up while saying

Voice: Ohh-, I’m so sorry, miss... let me help you up

Montana: N-no No, I should've also been more careful.

Montana then looked up to see who she was talking to. Just when she thought the voice was Leo's she was surprised to see a young man who was about her age. The first thing that took her interest was his eyes, which were as blue as the ocean. He was wearing high quality clothes with noticeable marks, all of which were stained from their fall. When they locked eyes, she couldn’t help but think of how familiar the boy was, not only as someone who she only knew, but as someone she was felt like she was close to.

Unknown Boy: Ohh-, you're hurt. Wait, lemme help with that

The boy then pulled the young girl to an alley, where he kneeled down, digging into his bag after unlocking it. He then took out a Book, its cover was thick and attached to it was chains. The core of the book laid a gemstone which Montana thought to be Pure. Pure gems are jewels that were formed from mana. He then asked Montana to sit down as he started chanting. Hearing him made only made Montana confused, thinking if he was crazy. Shortly after he finished, a bright glow shined from the book. A cube then started to form around them. The boy then claimed that it was necessary, to avoid people from seeing them. He then started to chant another spell which when he finished, a water-like substance began rushing the girl’s injured leg, which then made the scratches slowly faded away. With a simple gesture and a blow, their once dirtied clothes were restored.

Montana: H-how'd you do that? Are you a sorcerer?

I-I mean… You must be

Before the boy could answer her, another boy appeared. He had jumped out of a carriage and ran straight to them. Montana was anxious at first, worrying about how the boy found them. While observing the two, she noticed how identical they looked. The only difference being that the second one seemed lifeless and mature, with eyes as bloodshot as ruby. He was also wearing the same clothes with marks. She then got back to her senses and stops the two from arguing. The three then started to converse.

Montana: May I ask who you are? You look alike...

Kai: Ohh-, yeah... My apologies… I’m Kai, son of King Julian.

Montana: From the Family of Orion? They're one of the 4 Royal Families right?

Kai: Yes,.. I see you’re very well educate-

Other Boy: Excuse my brother… May I ask for your name?

(Glares at Kai before continuing) Seeing those fine clothing, you must be of high importance…

Kai: A-ahh yes… Well… I did pull her over here to avoid anyone else seeing what happened

Montana: Ahh-Im Montana-s servant

Other Boy (monotone): Montana… Yes, ive heard about her (That bracelet)

Montana (Surprised): Of course, haha-

Kai: This is my Twin Brother, Kaiden. I apologize for his rude tone, he's always like this.

Montana: A-Ahh, is that s-so...

Kaiden (Annoyed): And whose fault do you think that is?! To think that you hit the Princess as soon as you came out of the car-

Just before he could finish his sentence, he stops himself realizing that he slipped. He then  regains his composure and changes the topic, explaining that Kai jumped out of the carriage while he wasn’t looking ,Kai then explained that it was because Kaiden kept ranting about the event. Montana then asked what Kaiden meant when he called her the Princess. Knowing he couldn’t escape, he admitted that he knew saying that only the High ranked individuals could have such a bracelet. On the way back, they continued to chat which brought back Montana’s memory, realizing that the twins were her childhood friends. While the two continued to talk, Kaiden decided to go first buying some food thinking that it would be best for Kai not to wander off again. On the other side, Leo finally came out of the restaurant, having done what he was meant to do. But to his surprise, the Princess was already heading there. He then noticed her casually talking to a boy who he didn't know. After thinking of what to do, he went closer to the two of them and spoke.

Leo: Your Highness, our table is ready, we can go inside now.

and… May I ask what you have to do with her? She is a very important person

In shock of the presence of Leo, Kai couldn't bring himself to casually answer. Fortunately Kaiden, who just came back after buying food, decided to answer for him.

Kaiden: He’s my brother, we’re from the Family of Orion-

Leo: And you expect me to belie-

Kaiden: (How annoying) Why do you think is he talking to the Princess so casually?

If you’re really doubtful…Cant you just ask to see our insignia?

Montana: Wh-why don’t we stop this little misunderstanding, we might catch other people’s attention…

Come with us we were about to eat lunch

Leo: Well then... Since the Princess insisted, there is no need for me to continue.

Forgive me for my rudeness

The twins then agreed and ordered their carriage to leave. The group then went inside the Restaurant. When they entered, they were escorted upstairs, to a floor that was emptied just for them. The twins took their orders upon sitting. After a while, a couple of waiters came with their orders in line. After serving all that they’ve ordered, the four of them began to eat. While doing so, Kai decides to break the silence and speaks.

Kai: Sooo~~, todays the day huh?

Montana (anxiously): Yepp! its the day-

Kaiden: You're nervous aren't you? Well I don’t blame you...

Montana: No, why would I be? I’ve been preparing for this since I was young

Kaiden: (Pfft) Which is exactly why you're nervous

Kai: We were nervous too, so yeahh... It’s normal

Leo: I'm sure the Princess will do okay.

With that, they continued to chat as they ate. After a couple of minutes they finished, and a few moments later the Bells rang. It was a signal given for the people to enter the Palace, to witness the coronation. Upon hearing the bell, Montana realized that she had lost the track of time knowing that she was already supposed to be there, getting ready for the event. Not knowing what to do, she panicked and ran outside with the three following behind her. Kaiden realized why she was in a hurry and thought of what they could do to get there in time. Not so long, an idea entered his mind, he threw a piece of bread towards Kai to gain his attention. After it hits him, Kai looks back and stops giving him enough time to breathe. He told him of the idea he had. Kai then ran first telling Kaiden to catch up. All of them then met under the bridge, where they stopped under Kaiden’s request.

Kaiden: I-hah...(How are you guys so fast) think… I have an idea on how to get you there in time.

Kai: I still can't believe you're actually considering this.

Kaiden: We can do it once every day, I’m sure we can do it. Do you trust us Mon?

Montana: W-why are you asking me? Isn’t this your idea?

Kaiden: We're gonna disconnect your astral soul from your body, then transport your body to a place you des-

Kai: WHAT he’s saying is… Teleportation, basically. But.. we haven’t done it with a group before…

With no time to explain, the two of them took out their books and faced each other, with enough distance to fit both Leo and Montana in the center

Kaiden: Sorry there’s no time to explain, just stay there and concentrate your mana to your core and think of where you want to go

Kai: Wait! You idiot! She doesn't know how, let me do it for her

Kaiden: Hurry up then! I’ll begin the chant...

Kai: Okay done, now all you gotta do is think of the place you want to be in.

Montana: O-okayy... are you sure this is safe?

Kai: Yeahh totally, just trust us

With that, they were finally ready. Kaiden shook his head as a sign to start casting the spell. The twins then started the chant as the books levitated in front of them. After finishing the chant, Kai's eyes began to glow in tandem with Kaiden’s. The ground then began to shake, a golden sphere then began to form around them as the floor began to crack with light coming out from most of them. Montana then felt a sudden rush, as if the waves of the ocean were hitting her. Her vision then widened, showing a view of the Kingdom in the sky. Unconsciously she looked at the palace, and then her room. She then closed her eyes as the wind blowed to her. Montana then opens her eyes and finds herself laying down on the bed in her room with a few leaves and flowers which seemed to have teleported with her.

1