Chapter 28: An Old Friend
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now… With the help of his brothers, The Second has received his vessel, and has descended into the land of the living. While everyone was taking their time celebrating, Montana went closer to the boy while grazing his cheek. The boy thought of this as a sign of affection, only to grunt in pain later on after she pinched him hardly. The Princess then laughs, while teasing him by asking how pain felt in the real world.  “It has been a while” he thought. His brother, Gabriel, took his sword from the ground before giving it to him.

The Second: T-thanks…

Gabriel:  It feels great doesn’t it?

The Second: Yeah…

Sophie: So he’s your god? He looks… uhmm

Too young?

Montana: That I can be assure, he even acts like one

But even though hes a pain to deal with, he’s helpful

The Second: Hey Mon! What’re you gu-girls… Talkin bout?

Montana: How stupid that attire looks

The Second: Wh-wha?! This is top fashion!

Sophie: I-It looks good, doesn’t it Gab?

Gabriel: HAHAHAHA~Indeed

The group continues to chat as they were going down the mountain. Montana then stops, which took the other’s attention. She then asked what to do now, which Gabriel answered saying that they would return to their land. Now that he has received his body, Gabriel has to go back to his domain which was Sophie’s Kingdom, in order to enter the Void. It is his duty to inform the news to the First, because they only needed each other to decide their next step. Montana, with the Second; who she helped disguise, went back to their Kingdom.

When they reach the same town before, The Princess noticed the increased number of people. The change was drastic as they were getting closer to their Kingdom. At the gate, was a group of people clustering. Later on, she figured out that they were trying to enter. With the help of the gatekeepers, they got in with little difficulty, only being the Second as the problem. They then were escorted back to the Palace, and while heading there, the boy calls out to her. Montana was already given paperwork, so she was irritated saying that she had to focus. But she gives in after the boy kept calling out to her, she looks outside the carriage window and was guided by the Second. She sees a large group of people gathering, near the Rift. She was surprised, thinking that it wasn’t safe, but their coachman then explains, having heard them whilst driving the carriage.

Coachman: Ahh… I see your Highness noticed of the Rift…

Montana: W-why are they gathering? It’s not safe for them so do so

Coahman: You misunderstand

The Rift has already been cleared, during your time of absence… It is now a tourist spot

Montana couldn’t believe what she heard. The abnormality where the demons once roamed before, was now a tourist site that even otherlanders can visit. The coachman continued to explain saying that before it was established like so, it was a place where the poor stayed, making small houses for themselves to live in. But since Dain noticed this, he informed it to the King. Now, the poor was given a home and an occupation as the main service for the tourists of the Rift. Countless food stalls were said to be there, people from other lands have also received permission to start their own jobs there. Clothes, accessories, tools and equipment. All of the basic needs can be found there. In the End of the Deep laid an establishment, “The Center” which is where countless people of different nationalities gather, to show or perform their cultural activities proudly, for the others to see.

After reaching their destination, the coachman calls out to the boy, saying how blessed he is to have been in the Princess’ care.The Princess then laughs, taking the confused boy away. She did not tell the boy of what she claimed. That The Second was her servant, which gave the Gatekeepers enough reason for him to enter with her. They then enter the Palace, heading straight to the Lab where she thought Dain would be. After reaching it, she saw the busy place and later on met Yve, who greeted her with an embrace.

Yve: Princess! Youre back~

Montana: Ahh~ how nice…

Ive missed you

Yve: So did I… You didn’t even say goodbye

Said the young demon, whilst holding back her tears. The two then continued to chat, and in a while they laughed. Montana then asked where Dain was, only to realize that Yve didn’t know. She then looks back behind her, watching the boy as he held his hand out to one of the demons they’ve captured. She then went closer to him, not noticing of the young girl she left behind.

The Second: You poor thing

Such agony…

Montana: Ive heard that these are the only ones left from the Rift

I don’t know why they kept them…

The Second: A-ahh… Sorry, I-

Montana: They’re yours right?

I cant prove it for now, but I feel a bond with them… And if I do, that means-

The Second: They aren’t “mine”

But they are creations of Darkness

Montana was confused at first, but realized after seeing the demon making eye contact with him. Demons are beings of Darkness, but even as the Darkness’ Supreme Being, the boy never claimed them to be his. The Princess then respected the silence, and slowly backed away, giving the boy some space. But to her surprise, Yve grabs her arm from behind, pouting after she ignored her while she was talking. Montana then made an awkward smile, and notices when Yve looks at the boy before speaking.

Yve: Who is he? A servant of yours?

Probably right? Make him leave

Montana: A-ahh… He’s uhmm…

The two then watched, as a scientist came closer to him, having noticed of his odd behavior with the beast. It looked like the scientist wanted to ask something to him, but the boy looked like he didn’t want to answer. The Princess then watched as he came closer to them, only to notice the young girl when their eyes met.

Yve: Y-You… Wasn’t that lady asking you about something?

Its rude to suddenly leave

The Second: Hahh?! Who even are-

Who is this lil midget

Yve: Little?! Im almost the same height as you!

Scientist: A-ahh Princess… I see you’ve returned

Is he with you? Would you mind if I ask him a couple o-

Montana: A-ahh no… He’s uhmm… Very shy

Scientist: It will only take a second

Dain: Montana! Father has summoned us!

Dain shouts from a distance, taking Montanas attention. She then gave him a sign and looks back, only to notice the two still arguing with each other. She then laughed before calling out to them, and leaded the way to the Dining Room where King Roderick and the others were. Before entering the room, she hesitates and went closer to the boy, saying that he was to stay there thinking that her Father might notice. Montana then entered, with Yve who was a bit far behind her, after she teased the boy before entering.

The group then feasts, and while doing so the King started a conversation, asking them of their journey. Later on, he asked of Montana’s new servant, which he heard from the Gatekeepers. This surprised Montana, but worried her even more. She kept making excuses, only to be asked to call him in. She gulps before agreeing, calling out to the boy. To her surprise though, he didn’t enter. Later on, a group of guards entered holding the boy, who claimed to be Montana’s master.

Montana: A-ahh! Yes, yes he’s with me…

You can let him go

The Second: So aggressive! If I was in a bad mood I would’ve….

The boy stops, noticing that he had entered the room Montana told him not to. He then noticed as the King carefully looked at him, noticing the Blade which he kept in his waist. After that, the King stood up, surprising everyone in the room. He then went closer to the boy, giving him a serious look. Suddenly, he picks the boy up easily, and laughs while doing so.

King Roderick: HAHAHA~ Its been a while, old friend

The Second: You Puny old man let go of me!

Dain: Father?

Leo: You! Boy! Did your parents not teach you manners?

The Second: Hah? Rod was the one who-

Leo’s Knight: How dare you!

Casually calling out his name

 King Roderick: Now now everyone, he is an acquaintance of mine

A… The son of a King I once knew

Everyone was shocked, they then looked back at The Princess, who claimed he was his servant. She then explained what happened, which eased the awkward atmosphere. The group then went back to eat, now with The Second, after the King invited him to join. It then ends as Montana awkwardly comforts the irritated god, who claimed the day to be his worst.  He then followed The Princess as she went to her room, not noticing of her brother who followed them from behind. When Dain entered, he was surprised to see the boy casually talking to her, as she was hidden behind the changing room.

Dain: Y-you… Do you not see that she’s changing?

Montana: D-Dain?!

The Second: Dain! Whats up?

Dain: I believe we haven’t properly introduced ou-

Montana: N-no No! no need for introductions

We can leave now, what is it that you want?

Dain: Wh-What is it with your sudden changes

Youre acting very odd Mon

The Second: Shes just getting old

Montana: Huh?!

The Second: J-just kidding… Haha~

The two then took their time, properly introducing themselves. After doing so, Dain explains that he came to ask for Montana, after a certain group of visitors asked for their presence. Montana took her time thinking. That for them to summon the Royal family, made her think that the Visitors weren’t the usual kind. She then excused herself, asking the boy to stay. The day then ends as the two left for the night, preparing for the meeting in hand.

0