Chapter 01: Another Mission
168 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PLEASE! Don’t kill me!”

A man in a royal uniform knelt down and begged for sparing his life. His golden crown fell from his head and rolled forward until it gets stopped by a black boot covered with dry mud. A cold and apathetic gaze came from the boots’ owner. He stared down at the man who cried in a desperate tone below him.

“Johannes De Gurschenne XVII. The current king of Pharaoh Kingdom.” The boots’ owner read a hologram screen in his hand with a monotonous tone. “Sold peoples as slaves to the neighbour kingdoms. Slaughtering all his sons and raping his daughters in front of the public. Stating himself as a God and making new religion called Johannism—what the fuck, Dude?”

“He is a total scumbag!” A small white Kitsune popped up from behind the boots. She had a disgusted look on her face. “Jung-ah, let us end his life now! I can’t stand this any longer!”

Choi Jung, a man who wore the black boot, sighed and turned off the hologram screen. “Neither do I, Lin.”

“Can I finish him, Jung-ah?”

“No.”

“Hmph! You meanie!” Lin wagged her tail and went to the corner.

“What a headache.” Jung sighed again, then he drew a sword from his back and swung it aside as if prepared to chop Johan’s head. “Johannes—no, Kim Gungsoo, you have been given a second chance to live here as a transmigrator and repair all mistakes in the previous life. However, you did not learn from your mistakes and ruined this kingdom.”

Johannes looked pale. He did not know if someone would notice him as a transmigrator.

“Wait, a-are you a transmigrator too?”

“I hate talking with a scumbag like you, but the answer is no. I am not a transmigrator nor reincarnator. I’m just a mere stranger who has a job to punish a bad transmigrator like you.” Jung winked and raised the sword.

“No, NO! Wait! I can explain—” Before Johannes could finish his sentence, his head had been chopped off and rolled like a ball on the floor.

The red blood splattered all over Jung’s clothes, which made him irritated. “Shit. I just bought this suit two weeks ago.”

It was one of his favorite suits. That was why he hated killing someone using a sword. So gross. However, considering that he was entering a medieval world, Jung could not use a weapon from a different era. He might use a crossbow or spear, but he wanted to end the transmigrator’s life as quick as possible.

“Jung-ah, is it all done?” Jung turned to Lin and frowned when seeing her shiny appearance. It did shine, though. Lin wore a tiara on her head, a gem necklace, and other jewels around her tiny body. She walked like a photoshoot model.

Did she steal it from the treasure room?

“Uh-huh. It is all done. Lin, you—”

“Yes, Jung-ah?” Lin cut his words and gave him an intimidating look.

Jung shook his head. “No, it’s fine.”

“Great! Let’s head back to our pit!” Lin jumped up with excitement. All her accessories clattered when she landed on the floor again. Jung gave her a faint smile and turned on his hologram screen again. Then, he clicked the return button. A hologram voice then appeared.

[The agent ‘Choi Jung’ and ‘Lin’ has asked to enter the pit.]

[The permission for entering the pit has been given.]

[Entering process … 99%]

Within a second, the background setting around Jung and Lin has changed into a cockpit room. The cockpit room was at least eight square meters in size, fitted with comfortable furniture and modern amenities. It was wide enough for a human, and a fox lived there.

Choi Jung almost fainted from exhaustion. Then, he walked straight to his single-size bed and reclined there. He closed his mouth with his right hand as he yawned.

While Jung started to fall asleep, Lin walked to her treasure chest and put all her fugitive accessories there. Believe him, Jung had stopped to count how much Lin’s treasure chest was for a long time. He never understood her obsession with shiny things.

Ting!

A new message came to the main monitor in the control room. Jung rose from his bed and approached the monitor with a slothful feeling.

“Your rewards have come, Jung-ah?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Humph, what kind of response is that.” Lin scoffed and turned around, but Jung ignored her. What kind of expression should he put on when he received his rewards after doing his mission?

Grateful? Moved?

Nah. He would never use that kind of expression. Jung had undergone this a thousand times. Being over-expressed over something would lead to bad things, after all.

[Agent Choi Jung, congratulation on completing the mission ‘Punished The Pharaoh Tyrant.’ The rewards will be sent soon.]

Jung pressed the close button and sat on the chair. Not long afterward, another message was coming.

[The God’s System has sent [Agent Choi Jung] rewards. 50.000 gold coins. Three revival potions. One single-use invisible cloak. A free wish.]

A free wish. Jung clicked that sentence, and another column popped up. He typed five words there. These were the exact words he typed every time he got a free wish.

D-E-A-T-H.

Send!

[The accumulated wish for ‘Death’ is counted as 7,668 wishes.]

Jung muttered while making the calculation inside his head, “7668, it means there were still 2332 death wishes to go.”

His face turned grim. He was tired. How much longer he needed to do all of this for the sake of dying? He was impatient to die. Being immortal made him sick.

“Jung-ah, look at me!”

Choi Jung turned his head and was shocked when he saw Lin transform into a cute little girl with two sharp ears and wearing an oversized hoodie.

“He-heee, do I look cute?” She smiled with a cute and innocent expression, while Jung was stiff like a statue at that spot after hearing Lin’s cute words.

He opened his mouth. “Lin, I hope you don’t forget how old—”

Buagh!

A medium-sized pig doll was tossed right to Jung’s head, making him fall from his chair. When Jung arose from the floor, he found Lin had already returned to her normal form.

“It is … improper to talk about a woman’s age! You rude brat! No wonder you never had a girlfriend!” shouted Lin with a grumbled face.

Shunk!

Lin’s words were like a thousand needles pierced right into Jung’s heart.

“L-Lin … please don’t talk about those bitter facts with a loud voice.”

“I don’t care! You wretched immortal virgin!”

Shunk! Shunk!

Jung wanted to put out a white flag and surrender if he could. When Lin came to her anger, there was none left for him to escape. He would sit there and hear all of Lin’s harsh words until she got better.

Even though Jung had spent almost 700 years with Lin, he would never get accustomed to hearing that white fox’s cuss words.

I hope a new mission comes soon so Lin’s attention will get diverted.’

Ting!

As if being granted by God’s System, a new message came to Jung’s monitor. He hurriedly opened the message with trembling fingers and felt excited when he read the content inside.

“Lin! A new mission has come!”

“For real? What kind of mission will we do this time, Jung-ah?”

Lin’s mood became cheerful again as she hopped onto Jung’s lap. Jung felt relieved because he did not need to hear Lin’s cuss words again. After that, both of them read the new mission together.

[A new mission has come. Found ‘The Lost Hero of Eden’ and put him back on the right path.]

He clicked his tongue. He instantly realized that this mission would not be finished in a quick time.

“Let’s go, Lin. Times to work.”

2