Civilisation
377 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awake startled, warm sunlight entering the cave as my Familiar cuddles itself against my chest.

From my dreams, only the sound of something being eaten, weird happy noises, and a Name are left in my consciousness.

"I will name you Snuffles, because of your cute fur and because you are the cutest abyssal spawn there is." I coo softly to the small and soft monstrosity, while it presses against my patting hand, softly purring at my touch.

"Now, we need to go, once we arrive in the City, we might find some food that is not a Spider for once."

I say as I pick up Snuffles from my lap so that I can properly stand up, grabbing a nearby stick as a makeshift weapon, as I left my other stick and weapons at the place of the fight. Overnight, the spider eggs in the corpses have hatched, as I notice the moment a swarm of spiderlings swarm my cave, seems to me the little ones are motivated for the long March in front of us. 


It was an average day in Carackad, Lark had been part of the city guard for at least two hundred years, seen many generations of Mandibs and Araks enter and leave the City, and while he is sure that sometimes weird things happen, he didn't expect what he would see around Midday, first Lactania, the month that slowly cuts off the overwhelming darkness of Fol, Mal and Tot, the months where the Abyss is closest.

A shadow closed in on the gate, vaguely in the form of a Human. As it closes in, it is revealed to Lark that the shadow seems to be a person covered in a chittering mass of chitin, obviously still alive. He soon realized, using [Analyze] on her, that the carapace was made entirely out of spiders, covering her entire body to the point that [Analyze] couldn't read her status screen.

The Person, followed by even more of the spiders walks inside the city, Ignoring the guard and leaving him speechless.

"Miss, or sir or whatever, I need to perform an Investigation on you, if you were so kind as to disband the hive walking along your body for a little?"

This caused the Person to stop in its tracks, followed by an ocean of spiders disappearing into the nearby shadows and seemingly becoming Invisible.

The person itself seems to be a female wearing a blue robe, her skin lacking any form of color, and her eyes are yellow with slitted pupils, common for Raptidons, though rare among Humans.

Her lips were a violet that remembered him of an Araks venom after being mixed with blood. Everything about her seemed wrong, her shadow seemed to move on its own. and as he looked at her Status, he fainted.

This is all Lark could think about on this especially bright evening, as he downed another Mug of the dark liquid known as Void juice, a sweet brew that leaves a horribly sour aftertaste, almost like his day, mix of enough poison and drugs that he might forget the encounter and sleep tonight.

 

   

https://discord.gg/4umhGAHkh8

the Discord invitation link

This chapter is probably a little late, as Scribble hub clashed with my newest anti-Virus software, which disabled all cookies automatically.

And it seems that my autocorrect stopped working and my keyboard changed the language... 

 

But I finally managed to publish it, Lark will surely forget her after his drink and never meet her again... because we know that named characters in a dark themed story are gonna have a good time...

8