Chapter 4: New Stories – Beyond the Dark – Part 3
332 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Speech"

Thought / description

[Digital communication]

{Telepathy}


(MC POV)

 

My eyes open..

Almost immediately, my breathing accelerates.

Before having the chance to take in my environment, I'm hit with a wave of displeasure and suffering from my chest, my lungs. Shallow breathes invade my sensations, my breathing quickens, but I'm not getting enough air.

Soon after, sharp, needle like pains grow from my heart and ribs, the thumping in my chest become the loudest sound in my head. My body is doing its best to keep up with whatever is going on, I can't really move though. Even worse, I can't speak in the slightest.

'Thump' 'T-Thump'

It beats repeatedly, it and my nervous system decided to tag team my head into a German suplex of a brain-freeze, though, that could be the fever. Heat spreads across my body, and my heart feels pushed to the brim with volume. Blood pressure, heart pains. whatever you wanna call it, it feels worse than dying.

Eyes open again!

My chest hurts, if I didn't mention that.

Honestly, I would joke about this but- ah- It really stings.

 My heart feels like it's going to detonate in my ribs. 

My breathing is the opposite, not enough oxygen to keep me awake, not enough to send me to the embrace of whatever else there is to entertain me.

 The pillows are soft enough.

 But like getting stomach sickness or pains at night, I just won’t sleep. It’s not going to be fun; I’m already sweating as it is.

 Usually, my alternative to keep me ever so sane, would be some recreational procrastination, but my fight and flight adrenaline high is kicking in, and my body is keeping me still.

Glad I got the mentioned abilities, as now, it seems this world is already starting off shitty- MY CHEST IS FUCKING BURNING!

IT IS NOT AT ALL GOOD! SAD FACE! I REPEAT, SAD FACE!

Alright, back to normal, whoo~

I can’t help but sigh in relief.

..

It takes about a minute before the various ant like stinging goes from my chest, it felt like a million scalpels were tearing into me; 

The last time I felt that bad was after a shitty bump in 09, really, it felt like barbed Piano wire, digging in my flesh.

At least this one burns, though, that’s worse; numb and petrified, or calm, in the equivalent of Florida's weather.

Not the best options, especially in edibles; Though I think I have bigger concerns than my reminiscence of past pains.

My surroundings..

I didn't catch it while I was paralyzed, but It looks... alright?

I seem to be in a standard room; it looks normal enough, though a tad bit too bland. Was expecting cliché grim-dark opening, 9/10, would sleep here again, or maybe not..

The posters and mini-figurines decorated across this 20 by 20-meter room give me bad vibes.

 The wallpaper looks like an old floral pattern, dyed pink and red, not too common to say the least; There's a dresser, a sliding closet and light oak-ish colored desk; I’m on a... prince sized bed? 

 Ceiling and floor are Blanc and oak, paint and tiles respectively. I’m on a nice and patterned bed, somehow seeming to be filled with its own personality; stiches of leather, seams on various unneeded areas, and some torn fabric, hidden by large patches of odd colored materials.

I get up.. might as well.

I'm able to move now, though sticky as hell... and different.

My body is not the same as it was before: My hands are thinner, skin is paler, and muscles and fat are a lot skinnier than they should be.

I am guessing that my body isn't my old sack of flesh, probably someone new... let's check. 

..

To the left of me, I see what appears as the exit and a small bathroom to its right, noted by the faintest smell of detergent. 

A minute in the fashionable yet compact bathroom, decorated with several a steel and ceramic designs, and I can see some changes to my looks.

Or can I?

I’m slightly translucent. 

Looks almost like usual, except for a few important parts. 

Hair’s black, like charcoal black, and eyes show a faint glow of pinkish colors near the center;

My skin is pale, like ghastly Victorian levels of pale, and my nose, cheekbones and ears seem to be smoother, sharper and smaller. Hands have little to no callouses, though it is concerning that I seem way too thin for a healthy teen. 

Also, I’m a fucking teen. Good advantages, Fresh start. Less good disadvantage, Legal shit. 

Little to no muscle, I can see my ribs even, and while my stature is indeed tall, I’m bare bones. 

Was this kid anorexic or something? 

Hopefully we won’t go down the ‘abusive parents’ trope; not my style, personally, I prefer the ‘fade out of the story’ type of parents. 

Last thing I’ll allow is the orphan route; I’m an avid fan of technoblade, and I’ll take his teachings to my grave. 

That being said, I feel like I’m one foot under already; 

My body feels un-satiated, in a way that’s malnourished. It's not from the body of the guy before me, as while he probably was starved of nutrients, this... is different. It feels primal. Instinctual. 

.. 

I won’t waste more words describing my hunger, let’s get the fuck down to eating. 

I open the door to my brand-new room, to find that I’m living... in a fucking apartment. 

Never liked those. 

Always seemed so dystopian, tethered to the outside world.

I’m not one against commitments, but neighbors are another thing entirely. 

This one seems cozy, its halls are thin and its decorations are well spent; I’m on the second floor and I see two more rooms to my left and one ahead. I’m guessing family members or other important rooms, though I hope I won’t need to deal with wasting a chance of a carefree life, especially on ‘family’.

Eugh.

I can taste the vomit. 

Likely due to my hunger.

I seem mostly fine except for the... wait a sec, somethings odd.

My psyche has changed, ever so slightly. It's like somethings not there, something that should be.

Something Instinctual....

Oh well. I’ll figure it out after breakfast. 

I make my way down the stairs, a nice single corner one, and I immediately see the love of my life: A center tabled kitchen, with a marble countertop surrounding the outside. Enough space to cook, and it comes with the sensational smell of eggs and bacon.

..wait, eggs and bacon?

"Morning hunie, sleep well?" I hear from the stove, the sound of a midwestern women calling.. me.

..

Oh no.

Do you trust good ol author-sama?
  • With my life Votes: 3 12.5%
  • For my sanity, no Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Beans Votes: 7 29.2%
  • For my sanity, yes Votes: 6 25.0%
Total voters: 24
7