Chapter 6: A long day – Beyond the Dark – Part 5
201 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Speech” 

Thought 

[Online communication] 

{Telepathy} 


(MC POV) 

Fuck.

..

I may have underestimated this woman and her abilities.

 

A full 2 hour speedrun on every 'fun' and 'exciting' thing possible at a Mega-center mall; I have superhuman abilities but still vomited over 4 times on the roller coaters there. She has dragged me around almost every shopping center, then, the only reasonable thing so far, we got ice-cream.

It was fantastic, scary, but also amusing; Somehow she could withstand going through the entire thing without a care in the world.

It wasn't bad in the slightest, though I've eaten enough to feed a mule.

My skin had begun burning the moment I entered the sunlight, though I suppose that it was something inherited as my 'mother' had only reacted with care. Possibly a disease this body had before my arrival.

Medicated cream and lotion fixed it;

I've learned a few important notes about where we are: Gotham city, Crime central. To be exact, the Gotham Heights district. It could have been worse, I could have ended up in the east end; For that matter, I am glad that my family is on the upper middle part of our Gothamite population. Though frankly speaking, this place reeks of Old European architecture. 

Also, the malls and shops seem to be like any other city I've seen, less desolate than I thought. I can do most things regularly without a single care, unlike the old malls I went to, they had an indoor theme park. I can enjoy this trip to the fullest. Thankfully I won't be needing to deal with any villains any time soon- wait, that's a flag.

...

Nevermind, I'm definitely dealing with villains. immediately.

.....

-safe? good- As I was saying, I'm avoiding any flags. At all. No need to even touch the justice league yet, my vacation plans must be ready before any superhero bullshit and I intend on enjoying the calm, peaceful theme parks before dealing with any moral masturbation; Last thing I need is the Arkham Furry breathing down my neck because I littered or because I killed a helpless serial killer with a body count over the 6o's. I also need to avoid anywhere near the East district, not touching Any place with crime.

I chose a bunch of good scenarios when making this combinational existence, and the Killing joke was included. Which means I'll have a chance of getting rid of a nuisance: The Clown prick of Crime. Why didn't I just not add him? Why don't I bake a cake without any flour too?

Anyway- Now, Me and 'Mom' have already arrived at our Condo, which is good, as I'm exhausted. In winter, soon to be Christmas, the day is shorter, meaning I have all I need to rest and relax.


We have arrived at the house, and are currently unloading any luggage 'mother' has gotten from the groceries store. The fact that she can perform the entire day without a flinch, then cook our dinner, shows either remarkable capacity of extreme depression.

 

I also have no clue what her name is.

..

So we are having Penne risotto and Pesto Pasta for dinner, which is unironically one of my favorites, though judging about how she gauged me earlier, I'm sure her interrogation into my food interests provided her intel needed to overthrow my stomachs top dish.

Just like Venezuela, she caused more internal strife than the CIA..

Back on point, I need to unload the paperbags of ingredients.

"Set them on the counter Sweetie!" She says, "I'll be over with you in just a second! Have to wash these vegetables first though, could you handle the cheese?" "Sure thing, where is it?" To her question, I quickly respond, only for her to giggle to herself, still keeping her eyes on the ingredients she's washing and laying out.

"The fridge silly!" She laughs again, one of those snort laughs, pure amusement to hear. I find the fridge, open it up only to see what the face of a Utopia looks like.

Cheese. An Entire wheel.

I am honestly quite elated. No more too little Parmesan on my pasta. Now. Now its too much.

But its really just taking half the fridge up.

'Mother' finishes in record time, now standing next to me, she is too surprised.

"Wow, we still have a lot left, we'll have to finish it by tonight!"

And just like that, I faint.

Proverbially.

Her cooking deserves every moment of descriptive narration, its just fantastic.

I eagerly begin to assist her in cooking. She describes the means and methods, how to wash and rinse fruits, how to boil and mix water and sauces, how to use olive oil in the Pesto sauce to enhance its aroma, how to dice onions, at supersonic speeds which terrified me. She did this for around an hour, maybe less, before she began handling the cooking part, the slower aspect of making pasta. The slow action stuff was in the midst, she told me "Be a sweetheart and turn on the teli"

I complied, sitting on the couch as I turned on the TV, a flat screen which laid only adjacent, hell parallel to the kitchen, having this large Greek looking gap between the lower walls of the kitchen and a window where one could see the long counter spanning the boundaries.

It basically was a window open kitchen, doorless aswell.

I still can't get how this is all affordable.

The flat screen TV starts broadcasting several channels, including cooking, cartoons, action films, horror, and romantic comedies. The last one still scares me even in a new world.

"News please!" She shouts from the kitchen. I turn it to Channel 42, GBC, Gotham Broadcasting Company.

It started loudly. "I'm John Faro with the GBC, live at Arkham Asylum, where a breakout has just been made by a group of Criminals including Poison Ivy, The Riddler and Victor Zsasz. We have live footage of the Riddler and Batman fighting directly top the Asylum. As we can see, riots have began to spur all across Arkham and the police are working as much to keep the prisoners at bay"

The scene turns from helicopter footage of Batman and the Riddler fighting on the rooftops, to footage of the police department keeping prisoners at bay. The scene showed Captain Gordon commanding several officers to surround the premise, ensuring no-one could escape.

Mother had stayed silent at this.

The footage and Narration turned from the live footage of the Batman to the commissioner repeatedly; Several Prisoners had escaped even with the watchful eyes of the two.

Victor Zsasz being the first. Followed by Ivy and the Riddler, each of which seemed to disappear into thin air, though the Riddler had been seen last at an open sewer grate nearby.

"As we can see, the riots have quelled but several prisoners had escaped from Arkham including King Shark, Victor Zsasz, Poison Ivy, The Riddler, Firefly, Ratcatcher, and the Joker. We can only hope  that Gotham police will be able to track down these criminals before any damage has been done; the Commissioner has however stated that they are full on hands. We must once again.. leave the fates of these criminals to Batman. I'm john Faro, and goodnight Gotham City"

It lasted for thirty minutes, and in that time several villains had escaped the Asylum, potentially causing more issues in the future than I need.

Dinner was ready.

'Mother' avoided the news as a dinner topic, solemnly so, it seemed she had a distaste for all the superhero bullshit. We spoke on hobbies, some fun things like skiing, other things like where to go the next day; Ultimately, we finished our dinner around 8:15 pm. A wonderful day indeed with the loveliest of meals to finish it. A great first day for a Vacation;

"I'm going to go to my room mom" I spoke with a lighthearted tone, she rejected any request of assisting her in the clean up.

We had a dishwasher, but she never used it.

"alright sweetie, play some video games! But not for too long!" She shouts at different tones, both comedic and meant to act more fun than anything; She truly was a great parent.

"Alright!" I shouted, more like screamed back, in a playful tone. Her hums and hims of songbird tones could still be heard as I entered the upper floor of the house. I walked around the 'L' shaped hall with my room at the top, leaving me enough time to rest.

I take time to rest, sit and let the meal digest, check out the various nifty trinkets this room has, like a TV, and large closet space.

I take a shower afterwards, my pale skin and body illuminated by the soft white light as my hairless body shines with soap, I feel cleansed. It looks like I had been starved for weeks, but I actually ate a full course mere minutes ago. Others at the mall had also stared, but I didn't really bother with any of that; My strength tenfolds others from what I can see, and the cooking I've eaten is worth the starvation look.

Anywhoo, I exit the Shower and dress some nightware shorts, and a T-shirt that feels like a sheep's belly, soft. Really, really, uber-soft.

I'm almost sleepy, but I need to plan ahead; I sit on a cushioned seat beside my bedside, a small couch; This room truly is fanboyish, need to take down the rock-band posters.

Just as I consider what I should do next, considering the attributed Arkham escape and Notoriety of the escapees, which may terrorize my day tomorrow or later, it happened.

A bright light, mental from view, came into existence in front of me. A screen, no, it felt more like reading a book narrated only for you. The words spoke in valor and grace; as if both welcoming me and demonstrating its ability to act in a noble manner. It was showing off almost.

{Welcome}

{The connection between individual and =V O I D= is online, it may not be removed.

The void has chosen the price for attributed traits.

The cost of an "MIND" belonging solely to the individual is emotion.

The cost of "ALUCARD" is Personal Identity.

The cost of "CONNECTION" is SOUL.

... Retrieving payment...

...

Error, prices contradict each other, there is an issue with values.

...

"MIND" Skill Prohibits loss of "IDENTITY"

Error.

"ALUCARD" cannot be paid accordingly, however deal had been struck...

Finding solution...

Not found...

Cost of "CONNECTION" is reliant on the the cost of other two exchanges.

...

Solution: Exchange is conceptual value. User may pay their debts via exchanging a conceptual value.

Error.

Most values are restricted by "MIND" due to their nature with existence.

...

Solution will be found at a later date.

The cost of final trait "ALUCARD" is the further expected relation of the individual. Payment will be requested another time.

You have become the Void Candidate.}

 

 

Who likes waffles?
  • I do Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I don't Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never had one (immediate execution) Votes: 2 40.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Dec 18, 2022 07:45 AM.
2