host, please read the mission!!!
928 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, Gord, don't cheat the kid with that story like you did back in Ramnas City.

We all know that fisherman was delusional from the start, hahaha," Baku teasingly said to his friend Gord, the scarred middle-aged man.

"Shut up, Baku, what do you know?"Gord retorted to Baku, his teammate and friend, who was trying to tease and provoke him like always.

Haha haha! Everyone who heard Baku's word and the provocative, scarred middle-aged man Gord All laughed, as they knew the duo already.

"Hey, Uncle Gord, what is the myth of the ghost kingdom?"

"I heard a story of that kingdom, but there has never been proof such a strong kingdom existed in the world," the kid asked Baku curiously.

"See this, Baku; the kid also believes it, haha."

"Old fool, did you not hear the kid's words?

Hays, I never expected I have been adventuring and risking my life together with you, a fool," Baku said, drinking the beer from his hands and emptying the wooden mug.

*Gulp*

*Gulp*

'As expected of a tavern like an adventurer guild, all sorts of information can be heard.'

*Gulp* Zion took a small sip of the alcohol he ordered.

Zion heard all sorts of information in his mind and filtered it to determine what he needed and what was fake.

[Host, may I remind you that in this world there are all sorts of things that can't be explained by science, like your world... Such existences have already transcended and etched their mark on history.]

'Gaia, are you trying to say the Ghost Kingdom exists, and it's a moving island, kingdom, or something?'

["…" No comment host, please research it yourself.]

'I see you won't even talk, huh'

Zion didn't really believe such a kingdom existed because the scarred middle-aged man said it was a moving kingdom.

Oh, please, what kind of kingdom can move? Is it like the mortal engine or howls of the moving castle he had watched, where cities can move from one place to another? If so, then the technology of this world would not be lacking right now.

"It's just a myth," Zion murmured to himself.

"Uncle, where does that fisherman live?

If I become a warrior like you, I will personally investigate it."

The kid said it with determined eyes. 

The kid thought he got a good scoop of information when he heard the House Rios disowning the older brother for being a cripple and could sell the info to this uncle Gord of his who was always friendly and paid him some copper coins when he got good information.

But to his dismay, the information about house Rios was already known to the whole kingdom; he thought it was still fresh information.

If he knew this sooner, maybe he would just have investigated his neighbor's affairs.

(Well, he can't regret it after all; he was just a self-detective who loved learning and selling information to help his parents.)

*Gulp*The lively afternoon in the Tavern could be heard as a lot of warriors were now back from their expedition outside the city and were now chatting and laughing.

'Gaia what time is it?'

[It's already one in the afternoon, host.]

'Fuck, I've been sitting and listening for information for four hours!Why am I not drunk yet?'

[Host: It's because of this super-duper system,I extracted all the alcohol content of your drinks and other liquids that could be harmful to your body.]

Zion was shocked by Gaia's words: 'Are you saying I can never get drunk?'

["…"] System

[Host, in every word I said, the only thing that you understand is not getting drunk.I'm surprised at your miniscule intelligence.]

"…" Zion

'Forget it, Gaia; I'm in a good mood, so don't ruin it' Gulp. Zion closes his eyes as he chugs the bitter alcohol and sighs.

Bam… A loud noise was heard at the door as an armored man walked in, opening up a white scroll and starting to read the scroll's content.

"Listen up, young and old warriors.

Our city lord, of the House Atkin, needs your assistance to help him deal with the monster tides in the south of the Fifth Mountains.

They are traveling towards our city, and in two days they will arrive at our doorstep.

The city lord of the house Atkin is willing to pay 1 silver coin per head of a C- to A-rank monster and 2 copper coins per head for a D- to E-rank monster you killed.

The warriors who are ready to fight for the honor of House Atkin, raise your right hand. "

The armored, huge man said his piece as he scrolled the scroll again and looked at the warriors in front of him seriously.

'Honour? It looks like I need to leave today. 

I have no interest in taking part in such a fight; I need to hide my strength and grow quietly.' 

Zion took the beer he hadn't tasted yet as he zips when Gaia beeps to inform him of a new mandatory mission, 

Zion immediately spit the beer out of his mouth, thankfully, there was no other person at his table to take the hit, or else the already serious situation may have gotten worse. 

 

(Got you)

'Gaia, are you serious?'

[Of course, host, please read the mission.]

[The city of Arunan is under a grave threat from monster tides. As a future king who will have his own territory one day, you should learn how to protect the people.

Rewards: 350000 energy, body cleansing serum, 100 authority points (AP), and 1 upgrade authority ticket.]

'You're forcing me now? Where's the low-key plan to do? Fuck'

As he complains deep inside his mind, the people in the tavern are in a commotion, as some of them are worried and some of them are excited to earn money and build a name for themselves. Even the kid who listens to stories is already thinking about who will be the new famous warrior in the city, which will also be a new and hot topic that other nobles and merchants will want to recruit. 

"Count me in."

Everyone stared at the first person who raised his right arm.

5