We begin our travel
237 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you so much for your purchase, customer.

Come again to Arnold's Equipment Shop! Haha!" Arnold waved his hands while laughing in a good mood as he sold two of his most expensive pieces of equipment and had new funding for his new equipment creation.

Zion didn't look back as he sensed the robust man. Arnold's shimmering eyes were pictured with gold coins and his creepy business smile.

He was even enticed to buy a sword, but when he heard the price of fifteen gold coins, he immediately placed it back on the table.

As he knew, the gold coins Gaia gave him as part of the gift bag were for his long-term development. Even if he could earn money for himself, it was better to have more as a backup.

After all, in this world, even on modern Earth, life always runs in a cycle of earning, saving, and spending.

But it is still better to reduce his expenses to some degree, as it would not be beneficial for him if his head grew big because of a single moment of thinking he was a one-day millionaire.

'Better to be in control. Don't waste too much money. Zion, you still have a long way to go... Sigh. He sighed as he touched the twin daggers in his waist as a comfort to remind him the daggers were already great weapons he could wish for, and combining his abilities, he was already strong enough to fight at the same star level as him.

Zion continued to walk toward the south gate, as he had already spent an hour in Arnold's Equipment. When he passed the third street, he saw  Kain  with a huge bag and an all-black broadsword on his back while eating an apple.

"Hey friend, nice to see you again!" Hahaha

Kain laughed as he bit into the juicy red apple while putting his hands on Zion's shoulders.

"Yeah, nice to see you too,

My name is Zion, by the way, haha."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that, hahaha,

I'm  Kain  Strong; nice to meet you, Zion."

"Nice to meet you, Kain Strong."

"Haha haha"

They both look at each other and shake hands before laughing like old friends meeting each other again after how many years.

"By the way, Zion, where are you going?"

"Looks like you didn't see me raising my hand in the tavern, huh.

It's the same as where you are going.

I'm also taking part in the mission. Even though I'm new to this town, I can't allow the citizens to get hurt.

I have the ability to fight, so of course I'll give a helping hand. Hahaha"

"You're a real man, Zion;

I knew my eyes didn't trick me,

you're a real brother who is also valiant. Hahaha"

"Hahaha," Zion looked away as he slightly sweated from lying,  'damn, I can't tell I was forced by Gaia's mandatory mission; talk about low-key after this hays' Zion sighed as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Zion and  Kain walked together while talking and laughing; they didn't notice that they had already arrived at the south gate.

"Hey  Gord, look there, it's  Kain  and the new kid who also participated in the mission."

Baku informed Gord, who was sleeping beside him inside the caravan, slightly shaking him.

"What the hell, Baku, can't you see I'm resting?"

"Just look over their old man, the battle junkie  Kain  has a new friend. I wonder if that kid can last long with  Kain  he-he"

Gord  looked in the direction Baku pointed as he slightly shook his head.

"From the way they interact, after we set foot on the defensive line, that kid will disappear hiding from Kain.

You  know  Kain  is a battle junkie in fight and mouth as he talks too much."

"Want to  bet?" Baku teased  Gord  as he smiled.

"Two silver coins, that kid will be baptized by the words of Kain."  Gord  smiled as he gave a confident look.

"Then I bet he wouldn't even last long and will change carriage to evade  Kain."

"Deal" Hahaha they both laugh as they fantasize of having two silver coins in their pocket...

(Who will win the bet,  Gord or Baku?)

"Captain  Tark, all the warriors who volunteered are in the carriages,

and all the goods are already in the other carriages."

The armored, huge man was named  Tark.

As  Tark  observed the situation, he nodded and warned the other knights that are riding the horses to be vigilant for a surprise attack of bandits and monsters while he and the other soldiers and warriors are in the carriages.

Horses are pretty expensive; some ordinary warriors can't afford them, and even nobles are not exempted; they only choose a few talented knights to ride horses, especially war horses. After all, they are much stronger and more limited in numbers.

"Let's move; tell the warriors to sit on the carriage already.

we begin our travel."

"Yes captain"

Tark  walked directly to the knight leading the way, informing him that they will move as he himself, as  the  knight  captain, won't be leading the group as he doesn't have a horse to use... not because he can't afford them but because he lends the horse to the young lady of the  Atkin  family.

He promised to teach the young lady, but due to the sudden events, he had to apologize to the young lady, compensating for his broken promise by letting his war horse Lan accompany her in her training of riding horses.

Even though it affected his own movement, he didn't put it on his heart and mind; after all, he still had his other knights to keep watch over on the journey.

'Gaia,  can you turn off my hearing or something? I can't take it anymore,

Kain  can really talk'

["…"]

[That's bad host, it's not a good thing to not listen while someone is talking.]

"Can't you record it or something and inform me of some important information?"

[As you wish host... turning off sense hearing…. Recording  Kain's words]

'Nice, I'll just go to sleep for now'

To be continued:

4