Boodle’ tears
1.1k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fleeing townspeople returned at night after Boodle reassured them that Buggy's terror was over and that the town was safe again.

Boodle emphasized in his tale the importance of Austin and his group in taking care of the pirates, which made the people thankful for them as they hurriedly went to see their saviors, thanking them and offering them food and drinks while inviting them to stay for more days.

Austin accepted the supplies but refused to stay more than a night. This, however, didn't prevent the townspeople from holding a party to celebrate their freedom and safety once more, which continued until late into the night before everyone fell asleep exhausted.

 

The next day, at Boodle's house, while the group was packing up their things and preparing to leave, Nami suddenly heard something heavy fall to the ground, which prompted her to look at the sound's source.

She was surprised when she found Austin pulling bags full of treasures out of nowhere.

" What will you do with these bags?" Nami couldn't help but ask.

" Well, I intend to leave this much to the mayor " Austin examined the treasures he got from Buggy, which were at least worth 5 million Berries, and added, " I hope this will be enough for them to rebuild this town again and repair it from all the damage it sustained. "

"What?!" Nami exclaimed before blurting out, " But that's my treasures!"

" Huh?!" Austin narrowed his eyes in response, making Nami panic as she tried to cover her mistake by saying, " I mean, that's not all yours alone to decide."

 

Actually, Nami wasn't sincere at all when she made that deal with Austin yesterday because her goal from the beginning was to rob them of all their treasures.

Although she was promised to get a copy of the Grand Line's map and 10 million Berries cash, she wasn't satisfied with that much, especially since she had seen all the treasures they had acquired yesterday, but the problem was that she didn't know how to get the treasures from Austin.

She paid attention last night to Austin, hoping that when he slept, he would cancel his power, which would make the things he had stored before come back, but all her efforts were futile because nothing had happened last night, which only worsened her situation.

Having no other option left, Nami was forced to do her job sincerely, teaching Brain all her navigation Skills and finishing copying the Grand line's map while waiting until Austin and Brain let their guard down and trust her before stealing everything they have and running away afterward.

But now, all her plans were going sideways because this freak intended to give the townspeople 5 million Berries worth of treasures. Even though she wasn't against it, she was still furious because, in her mind, all the treasures were hers to begin with.

 

Little did Nami knows that Austin already knew of her little plans and thoughts because, thanks to the anime, he understood her character so well. So to put it simply, she actually took the bait from the moment she took the deal in hopes of robbing them in the process.

 

" What do you mean by saying the treasures are not all mine? Do you mean to say they are yours instead?" Austin narrowed his eyes.

"No...! just..." Nami was panicking, but before she could think of something, she was interrupted by Brain.

" I have already learned everything I can from her, my lord! "

" Good!" Austin decided not to press Nami further and changed the subject by adding, " Since You have done your job well, I shall also respect my end of the deal as well!"

Austin took out 10 million Berries cash from his Inventory and presented it to Nami, who was so happy seeing the money that she tried to snatch the money fast but got stopped when Austin moved his hand quickly while saying.

" Give me the original Grand Line's map back!"

"Ah! yes, I forgot!" Nami replied innocently and passed the original map to Austin while keeping the copy she had drawn yesterday.

Austin took the map and inspected it for a moment before handing the 10 million cash to Nami, who took the money happily and began to sniff it.

" Since the deal is concluded, we will take our leave, " Austin smiled as he said, leaving out with Brain.

" Yeah! Have a nice trip!" Nami responded, smiling innocently but actually, she had others plan in her mind.

 

She glanced at the bag full of treasures on the floor and grinned faintly, thinking - After these two leave, I will borrow these treasures from the townspeople for a while - Nami decided to steal the money from the town, or rather 'borrow' it.

She was actually quite jealous of Austin's power that could make things appear and disappear from nowhere.

What a waste! He could be the perfect thief. - Nami thought before sighing, imagining and dreaming of what would happen if she had the same ability - Ah! That will make my work easier, and I could even be the greatest thief in the world!

 

But Nami's dreams were soon shattered when she felt a sudden, horrifying pressure and killing intent targeting her, which made her stand rooted in her place, not daring to take a single move.

Despite her trembling body, Nami turned her head with difficulty looking at the source of this enormous pressure with fear in her eyes, and she was stunned when she found Austin and Brain, who were supposed to be leaving out the room, halting at the door.

" Let me warn you of something, Nami!" Austin paused and stated in a deep voice, " Those treasures are a gift from me to this town. So if you touch even a single penny of them, I will be coming to hunt you down, and no matter where you run to, I will definitely find you at the end."

Austin turned to look at the frightened Nami and asked in a severe tone, " Am I clear ?!"

Nami, who was standing in the same spot with her body trembling, nodded her head vigorously at Austin's words, indicating her understanding.

" Good," Austin said before canceling his 'Predator Mode' Skill and smiled gently as he added, " Take care of yourself and stay strong, Nami!."

Austin turned around and exited the room with these last words " If fate allows it, we will meet again!"

 

I'm sorry, Nami, but I have to make sure you don't do something stupid here. - Austin sighed, thinking - I know very well your circumstances, but I can't allow you to trouble these innocent people for your own people's sake. - Austin smirked - But rest assured, I will take care of Arlong for you later on. After all, I need his corpse anyway!

Austin and Brain left afterward towards the port, leaving Nami alone in the mayor's house.

 

After the duo left, Nami collapsed on the floor, respiring heavily and holding her trembling shoulders to calm herself down while fighting to prevent the tears in her eyes' edges from falling out.

Nami looked at the bag of treasures and shivered, thinking - Idiot! How can I forget that those two are dangerous? They took care of Buggy, who has a bounty of 15 million on his head easily. - She inhaled deeply - I shouldn't be deceived by their easygoing attitudes. Those two are monsters! - Nami braced herself and stood up. She looked at the bag of treasures one last time before shaking her head and leaving the house.

 

Meanwhile, at the town's port, the townspeople were already waiting to bid Austin and Brain farewell.

Soon Austin and Brain arrived at the shore and boarded their small black ship, and Austin then turned around to face the crowd and looked at Boodle.

"Oy! Mayor! I left a little gift for this town in your house. I hope it can help all of you stand back at your feet." Austin smiled and added, " Take care of yourself, everyone! If fate allows it, we will meet again! "

Austin then used his wind power to speed up the ship, leaving behind the cheers and farewells of the happy townspeople, heading towards his next destination, the Gecko islands.

 

Back in Orange town, after Austin's ship faded into the horizon, Boodle returned to his house alongside some townspeople who were curious about the gift their savior had left for them.

Upon arriving at Boodle's house, they were greeted by a large sack full of treasures, which stunned them at first before they erupted in cheers thanking Austin from the bottom of their hearts.

 

While the others were happy about the gift, Boodle stood at the corner of the room, looking out from the window in the direction where Austin's ship faded into the sea with tears in his eyes.

He was the only one present yesterday during the battle, so he overheard the conversation between Austin and Buggy and witnessed how Austin easily took care of the villains, who were undefeated and invincible to them.

Boodle knew that this man was going to be someone great in the future, and that's why he was so emotional at this moment, thinking - I had the honor to witness this man's deeds and greatness before the rest of the world does - Boodle wiped his tears and smiled widely, looking out the window again.

 


 

( Author: Hello, Everyone. I'm Asbarta!

For people who wish to support me, I have accounts on the following platforms:

Ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/asbarta

Patreon: https://patreon.com/Asbarta

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Asbarta

I hope you can support and help me develop this work even further 🙏.

Lastly, If you liked this chapter, please leave a comment or a review and share your thoughts with others about this Fanfiction 😊!

I would love to hear your evaluation of my work 🧡! )

48