[ EXTRA CHAPTER ] Chapter 39: Promotion!
765 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Hi, everyone. This is Asbarta! 

This is the first time we have managed to reach more than 250 Power stones in one week, so as I promised before, here is the extra chapter!

Thank you, everyone, and Enjoy 💙! ]

_________________________

 

Conomi Island - Gosa Village.

 

Gosa Village was still in a miserable state, with destroyed buildings and devastated streets painted in dry blood. 

Corpses and torn limbs of its former residents were scattered everywhere on the ground. 

The scent of death loomed on the town's atmosphere as the village had truly become a land of death!

 

Passing by this tragic sight for the second time since their arrival on this island, the Black Storm pirates headed toward the village's shore to meet with Erya, who was already waiting for them there.

After arriving at the shore, Austin greeted the blonde samurai with a nod before taking out 'Black Star' from his Inventory.

" I have something to do on the ship." Austin turned to look in the village's direction and added, " While I'm gone, try to...bury those poor people if possible... It's time for their souls to get some rest and their bodies to get a proper burial."

Austin looked at his subordinates, requesting, yeah, this time he wasn't giving an order but requesting. Because he knew that what he told them to do, was an unreasonable and selfish demand on his part!

 

" It's okay, my lord. I was thinking of doing it anyway if I had time!" Sebas said gently, clearly noticing the guilt in Austin's eyes.

" Yeah, we will help as well!" Brain added, earning a nod of agreement from Zero and Erya.

" ...Thanks!" Austin smiled gently at his subordinates and jumped onto the ship afterward.

 

....

In his personal room on 'Black Star', Austin was looking at his interface, thinking. - ' It's time to sort everything I got from Arlong.'

He opened his Inventory and started going through the new loot. It took him a while to check and calculate everything inside. 

He obtained many things from Arlong Park. There were a lot of weapons, such as guns, swords, etc..., but their quality was low or average at best.

But the most notable thing he gained was 3,6 billion Berry cash!

 

I guess I was fooled. I was expecting more.' - Austin sighed as he started doing some mental calculations.

According to the Anime, Arlong has more than 20 villages under his control. 

He earns 25 million Berries each month from Cocoyasi village alone, let alone the other villages.

So, even after counting the expense of maintaining his pirate crew, the fee of food and drink, and the bribes he has to pay, Arlong should have amassed at least 10 or 15 billion Berries.

Yet, Austin found 'only' 3,6 billion Berries cash in his vault!

Austin shamelessly sighed, thinking. - ' Well, 3,6 billion Berries is better than nothing ... At least I got something.'

 

Continuing sorting the other items, Austin examined the two most valuable things he found aside from the money. 

One is a large stockpile of sea stones, and the other is a chest made of sea stone.

What made the chest precious was not the fact he was created from sea stones but the 'thing' stored on it.

Thanks to the keys Sebas found on Arlong, Austin had already opened the chest and inspected the item inside with his 'Detect' Skill when he was still in the Park. Back then, he was astonished that Arlong owned this treasure.

The object in the chest was a Devil's fruit. But, the shocking thing is that the fruit is the overpowered Ute Ute no Mi ( Gun-Gun Fruit )!

 

In the story, this fruit was supposed to be eaten by that Pirate named 'Bad one Gracie', and If I remember correctly, he was a big-name Pirate Captain who swore allegiance to Blackbeard Pirate! ... He even fought against Whitebeard pirates in the 'Payback War'. ' - Austin thought.

That's why I am confused about what this is fruit doing here.' - Austin pondered. - ' Does this mean that the fruit was in Arlong's possession all along, and after his defeat, it got lost and found by 'Bad one Gracie' later?'

Austin found this speculation quite possible as this was the only explanation he could think of for the moment.

Well, it was never mentioned in the anime that Arlong got this thing in his possession.' - Austin grinned, thinking - ' Anyway, I guess there will be no 'Bad one Garcia' now!'

 

He used his 'Detect' Skill and reviewed the fruit's description again.

_________________________

Ute Ute no Mi ( Gun-Gun Fruit ) :

  • Category: Paramecia-type Devil Fruit
  • Description: The fruit's main strength is turning anything around the user into any kind of gun or cannon. In addition to the standard Devil Fruit's weaknesses, the fruit has another weakness which is permanently turning the user's hands into firearms.

_________________________

Yeah! That is a hell of a devil fruit, especially if the user is a skilled sniper.' - Austin smiled, thinking. -' 'Bad one Garcia' was able to turn even the sea itself to cannons after awakening the fruit! So yeah, this fruit has a huge, frightening potential.'

 

Besides the 3,6 billion Berries cash, a load of sea stones, and the devil fruit, Austin got many treasures worth at least 1,3 billion Berries in total.

After putting everything back into his Inventory, Austin inspected the Shopping Points he had accumulated so far.

_________________________

The Supreme Conqueror Shop :

  • Weapons
  • Skills
  • Items

Available Shopping Points: 380.

Available Cash: 3690 million Berry ( 3.690 Billion Berry ).

Estimation of other Available treasures: 1 391 million Berry ( 1.391 Billion Berry ).

_________________________

After doing a quick calculation, Austin found that if he exchanged all his money and treasures for Shopping Points, he would have 5 461 Shopping Points in total.

Since I have managed to gather 5000 Shopping Points, it's time to use that thing again.' - Austin smirked, thinking of the item he had never forgotten ever since he tried it before. - 'Now, it's round two!'

 

Austin took out 'Devil Fruit Creator' from his Inventory and scanned it.

_________________________

Devil Fruit Creator :

  • Category: Item.
  • Description: An ancient Item that has long been forgotten in the annals of history. This item allows its user to create a devil fruit that has existed once before. In return, the user needs to pay a certain price depending on many things, such as the strength of the devil fruit and its properties, as well as if the devil fruit has already been eaten by someone at the same time or not.

_________________________

Austin clicked on it and again chose the 'Yami Yami no Mi' ( Dark-Dark Fruit ), like the last time he tried it.

_________________________

Using 'Devil Fruit Creator'.

The Host selected The Dark-Dark Fruit.

Confirming if The fruit has a user ... Completed.

The fruit has already been eaten by a User.

Calculating the Price ... Completed.

The price of The Dark-Dark Fruit is 5000 Shopping Points.

Checking the available Shopping Points...Completed.

The Host has sufficient Shopping Points.

Adding The Dark-Dark Fruit to The Host Body... Failed.

The Host needs to Add a new Slot in The Devil fruits Section.

Buying Another Slot...Failed.

The Host doesn't have sufficient Shopping Points...

Operation Canceled.

_________________________

Huh?! But I have more than 5000 Shopping Points, so what's the problem now?' - Austin frowned, thinking. - ' What slot? This is the first I have heard of this. '

 

Quickly checking the Database, Austin found his answer there.

It turned out that if he wanted to add another Devil fruit, he would need to buy a slot in the Devil fruits section for 1000 Shopping Points for the first purchase.

The price would further increase if he wanted to add more after the first purchase, making it very difficult to have multiple Devil fruits in the future.

 

Well, I have nothing to complain about.' - Austin scratched his chin, thinking. - ' I think it's very logical. Otherwise, I will be insanely overpowered just by eating dozen Devil fruits.'

Now, I will need 6000 Shopping Points in total, 5000 Shopping Points for the Devil Fruit, and 1000 Shopping Points to add it.' - Austin shook his head. - ' I don't have that amount for now ... So, I will have to wait until I enter the Grand Line to get enough Shopping Points. Because, currently, on the East Blue, only a few Pirates are left with a high bounty on their heads.'

Austin sighed and closed the interface, disappointed since the reason he came here in the first place was just for the Dark Dark Fruit.

 

Lying down on his bed and looking up at the room's ceiling, Austin started thinking.

Nami knows there was a lot of money in Arlong's possession, so I have to put on a show of generosity and leave some of it to the island people.' - Austin narrowed his eyes. - ' I have to maintain a good image and reputation on the East Blue, especially since I have huge plans for this sea in the future.'

Austin spent some time there thinking about his future plans.

 

Later, after discovering that nearly an hour had passed, Austin quickly stood up.

" I told Nojiko I would participate in the party, so it's time to do so." He left his room and jumped from 'Black Star'.

Landing on the shore, Austin found his subordinates still busy burying the corpses of the previous residents of Gosa village, so he went to help them out as well!

.....

While Austin and his group were busy in Gosa village. The events were proceeding fast in the 16th Navy Branch Base.

Rayan's ship had just docked at the base's shore. He disembarked with the others soldiers and headed to the main building.

" Did you count and register the names of all the dead soldiers?!" Rayan asked one of the soldiers on his way to the base.

" Yes, Sir!" The soldier, one of this incident's 'survivors', replied.

" Good! Give me the report!" Rayan instructed, and the soldier handed the report to him.

" Relay my orders to the soldiers who returned with me to take a day off!" Rayan paused as he continued, " Not every day we return back from death like that!"

" YES! Lieutenant Commander!" The soldier was touched as he replied passionately.

" By the way, how many officers are still on the base?!" Rayan asked.

"All Lieutenant Commanders are dead except you, Sir!" The soldier paused as he continued with a sad voice," There are still 6 Lieutenant officers, 15 Lieutenant Junior Grade officers, and 130 soldiers left, including the one who returned back."

So basically, I have the highest Rank in the base now.' - Rayan smiled in his mind, thinking. - 'That makes things easier.'

" Call for an emergency meeting in one hour. I want all the officers ... without exception ... to be present in the meeting." Rayan ordered with a solemn tone.

" Yes, Sir!" the soldier replied and quickly went to call for the meeting.

 

After arriving at Nezumi's office, Rayan went in and took the central Den Den Mushi used to contact the main headquarter for emergencies.

" Hello! Is this the main headquarter?" Rayan spoke through the Den Den Mushi.

" Yes! Report your name and Rank!" Replied the one receiving the call.

" Lieutenant Commander Rayan!" Rayan answered.

" What's your emergency?!" Asked the other person on the line.

" I'm here to report today's incident," Rayan started narrating what had 'happened' before.

 

The summary was that four pirates had attacked the unit resulting in the death of a Captain, 2 Lieutenant Commanders, and 20 Soldiers.

The same group then attacked and fully annihilated Arlong Pirates! 

In the end, their Captain used his Devil Fruit power to obliterate Arlong's Park, but it was unknown what kind of Devil Fruit power he had.

Rayan mentioned that the attackers are part of a newly created crew named Black Storm Pirates, which consists of 4 individuals. 

The Captain, named Ray D Austin, is a Devil Fruit user. A swordsman named Brain Unglaus, a bald monk named Zero, and lastly, a supposed Old Butler named Sebas.

Because he didn't want to let his comrades' sacrifices be in vain and for the sake of getting their information, Rayan revealed that he 'risked' his life by 'sneaking' into the Park and taking pictures of the 'dangerous' pirates.

Lastly, he emphasized that these pirates were strong but didn't reveal much since he remembered Austin's instructions.

 

" What was Captain Nezumi doing on that island ?!" The other person inquired.

" We didn't know that at first since he always visits the same place but always leaves us at the ship and enters the island alone ... But it was revealed in today's incident that he was working with Arlong and taking bribes from him to close eyes on the latter actions." Rayan gritted his teeth 'angrily' and added, " I demanded he doesn't receive a proper funeral since he has tarnished the Navy's reputation and the name of Justice!"

" I see! ... " There was silence for a while before the other person added." ... Lieutenant Commander Rayan. I will submit your report and relay the HQ's orders to you later, so stay close to the Den Den Mushi!"

" Roger that!" Rayan responded firmly before ending the call. He then quickly sent the pictures over by Den Den Mushi.

 

After 45 minutes of waiting, the Den Den Mushi started ringing, prompting Rayan to pick up quickly.

" This is the main Headquarter, Marineford! ... Report your name and Rank! ... OVER!" A high-ranking officer spoke this time.

" Lieutenant Commander Rayan! ... OVER!" Rayan replied formally.

" Lieutenant Commander Rayan, on account of your service and bravery in this incident, the HQ decided to raise your Rank by a grade! ... So, do you accept your new Rank as a Commander? ... OVER!" That person said.

" Yes, Sir! I accept the promotion ... OVER!" Rayan replied with excitement.

" Then it's decided ... Congratulations, Commander Rayan!" The other person said gently.

" Thanks, Sir!" Rayan replied happily.

" Next, you have a new mission from the HQ ... You will be assigned as the temporary commander of the 16th base on the East Blue, and whether that will be permanent or not will depend on your performance in this period! ... OVER!" The person formally revealed.

" Roger that! ... OVER!" Rayan replied with a solemn expression on his face.

" Also, you are ordered to recruit new soldiers to replenish the loss the base has sustained this time ... Meanwhile, you will receive some temporary reinforcements from the 77th branch until the new trainees graduate ... Over!" the other person added.

" Roger that! ... OVER!" Rayan said seriously.

" Good luck, Commander Rayan! ... OUT!" The call ended.

 

" Commander, huh?!" Rayan smirked at the notion. " Well, the hard part has passed, and what's left now is only the easiest one!"

Rayan then left what was Nezumi's office before, which would be from now on his, and went to the conference room to meet with the rest of the officers, who would soon become his underlings!

" It's time to take control of this base!" Rayan smiled evilly and added in reverence, " Everything is for the sake of our lord!"

 

_________________________

A/N: If you like to read some chapters in Advance, you can visit my Patreon page! You will find there up to 5 weeks' worth of Chapters in Advance.

Patreon: https://patreon.com/Asbarta

Discord: https://discord.gg/qqHc4PprW9.

PS:  The Power Stones ( Gifts ) and voting were done on Webnovel, so if you wish for more Extra chapters, consider voting on Webnovel as well!

Leave a Review or Rating if you like what I write, and don't forget to press that ❤️ button! )

34