Ch5 Flying A Castle
299 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I woke up!?' I was excited to finally live my life with real emotions and everything. As a sword no less.

 

My excitement was so big that my drowsiness was washed away by excitement. I wasted no second to get this life started and began to say what I was told to say as soon as I woke up "Congratulations! You being able to reach this far and pull me out of the pedestal means that you have proven your origin, talent, intelligence, and especially courage."

 

I then manifested myself like in the protocol and continued "Greetings, Hero. I am Mytheria, the Hero's sword, and now your personal weapon. I am at your disposal, master."

 

It seems my master is a village girl if I were to judge by her clothes, which were torn and shabby. Her hair looked white, but if you look closely, you notice it's just a very light blue. I of course, as the greatest sword in existence, was easily able to tell at the first glance. Awesome me!

 

Her hair was semi-long and reached just past her shoulders. She had one side of her hair on the front tied up and the rest was flowing to her other side. I noticed she wore a hairpiece on that side, which seemed like an ordinary hairpiece. The thing about it though is that it is an accessory that is usually not used in this world. Thanks to the knowledge I received from the group of gods that call themselves the "Mythical Gods" - which honestly is a pretty stupid sounding name but I won't complain - I know that this hairpiece was from the world she previously lived in, which as far as I know is called earth.

 

She's also pretty good looking and her proportions are also nice and well-balanced. Neither her breasts nor her butt are too big or too small. I already know what kind of personality she has, as that and her talent are what the hero was chosen by. All in all, she seems like a comfortable and nice person to be around.

 

What a lucky sword I am to have a master like that.

 

Let's move on! The next part of the protocol was to answer all my master's questions and explain our goal to her. However, we are supposed to do that alone, and not with some demon lurking around the corner.

 

My master asked "Hero? Is that why I was brought here? But what am I supposed to do as a hero? And why me?" Of course, she'd start asking questions immediately.

 

"I will get to that in a second. But let me get rid of this nuisance first." I turned my head towards the demon.

 

A Living Nightmare, huh? Pretty overkill for an ordinary human as it is a rank 4 demon out of the 8 ranks. Well, it did fulfill its purpose.

 

Let's see. Judging by the marks it has on its hands, the mana I can feel lingering on them and how concentrated the mana is, she must have probably used Beam of Annihilation to attack it. I guess she learned that spell using the book she stuffed into her bag. It's the book from the library where the rank 3 Globber was.

 

Let's show off how mighty and incredible I am to my master!

 

I made a snapping gesture with my hand, and in a split second, I cast the magic circle, charged the attack, and shot it toward the demon.

 

A red beam of fire blasted toward the Living Nightmare so fast that it looked like it was instantaneous. I seem to have accidentally made the beam a tad bit too big though, as when the light of the beam faded away and I looked at the results, I found that I have cleanly burned away parts of the walls and floor too along with the demon, which is now more than just 'burned away' and nowhere to be seen.

 

The wall far behind it also now has a very deep cave in it, with the walls still showing signs of being molten.

 

I turned back my head toward my master and saw her with her mouth wide open, looking at the destruction I caused in a daze.

 

"That... was amazing..." She muttered.

 

I smirked and got to answering her questions to break her out of it "Yes, you are the hero chosen by the Mythical Gods. You were chosen because of the following reasons: Your temperament, your personality, your talent, your determination, and the way you died. You died after sacrificing yourself to help another innocent person's life. All of your qualities together make the perfect hero.

 

"The hero's mission is to slay the anti-gods that hide in this world and to save the people from other threats. This world is the 'main world' of our universe. It's basically the only world where the power of the gods was able to spread onto freely, creating what we now know as magic. The magic makes this world the only one that can ignore some laws of physics like gravity, making the planet we are on the biggest inhabited planet in the universe. This world is so big that it is unsure if everything has already been discovered. Who knows. Maybe there are some lost civilizations that not even the gods know about, or maybe hidden relics on par with me (though that is unlikely).

 

"I as your sword was forged by the gods to be even stronger than them and to be your guide on this journey. I have been entrusted with the knowledge of over 50 gods and know everything about magic there is to know." I said with a smile. I think I explained the situation pretty well and hope she understood everything.

 

Master turned her head to me and looked at me with a look of excited realization as she probably got an idea and grabbed my handle.

 

"How do we get out of this place?" she asked me, her face really close to mine. I just now noticed how small my spirit form actually is now that her face is this close. Starting from her chin I just barely reach above her eyebrows. I could literally hide in her hair if I wanted to. Sounds like a comfy place to take a nap.

 

Let's focus back on her question since it sounded urgent "I can't teach you to fly as you haven't yet, converted your mana into divine mana, which is required to fly or teleport, but I can cast the anti-gravity spell for you if you so wish. You can move using fire or wind magic. I can also teleport you anywhere I have already been to or anywhere you have been to starting from the day our contract was established, today."

 

She moved her head away from me again and said "Good! Get us out of here so I can free my village. You should be capable of saving them, right?"

 

I felt a bit insulted that she asked the last part "Of course I am!"

 

Nevertheless, I followed her order and cast the anti-gravity spell on her, and flew ahead.

 

I could see she was struggling to fly on her own though, so I used some basic wind magic to drag her with me. What a troublesome hero.

 

Together we flew out towards the throne room. The throne room has a broken glass roof that we can use to fly out of the castle and towards the exit, when I remembered something and stopped midair, turning towards my master and made a suggestion "This "Mythbearer Castle" is made by the dungeon gods Ruini, Pepes, Mei and Lilia. It was designed to house me and to be a base for the hero. I am registered as the master of this place and can restore it and activate its movement function if we go to the control room.

 

"We could fly the castle to your village and the villagers can live in the castle. It is yours to decide, master. You won't have to worry about safety since the walls and gates here will be much stronger when they are restored and will be as sturdy as rank 8 dungeon walls. I will of course directly transfer the ownership of the castle to you, Master."

 

This idea was accepted by her without much waiting, so I flew us to the top of the highest tower of the castle and through one of the holes in the roof of the circular tower.

 

Inside were a lot of consoles and displays and a platform in the center to stand on to control everything alone using hologram consoles or to give orders. There is the entrance to the spiral staircase going down the inside of the tower at the side.

 

I land master in the middle of the platform and call up a hologram with a button on it that says "Restore Mythbearer Castle". After pressing it an alarm sounded that signaled the restoration's beginning.

 

At this moment, the debris and destroyed furniture and plant life started shaking. The debris flew to their respective walls, ceilings, floors, decorations, and roofs, the furniture restored itself the same way and went back to where it should have been if the castle wasn't a ruin and the plantlife regenerated fully.

 

I called another hologram console and activated the barrier around the castle as well as the flight function.

 

As soon as the barrier was set up, the earth shook.

 

An earthquake suddenly assaulted the village. The villagers and the soldiers of the Almar Army were panicking. The village's buildings were too weak to withstand the shaking and the army's camp was also not made to withstand earthquakes. The worst is that this earthquake is incredibly strong despite this region usually not having earthquakes.

 

The people could hear big rumblings that came from the forming of cracks on their Greenleaf Mountain.

 

"Look! The mountain is falling apart!" A villager shouted.

 

Parts of the mountain were indeed falling apart, and out of the cloud of dust that formed because of this, something that looked like a giant flying island with a castle on top of it rose to the sky.

 

As soon as it left the mountain the shaking stopped and everyone looked to the sky and was shocked at the sight.

 

The floating castle flew towards the village, alerting the army that hurriedly readied themselves for a difficult fight.

 

When the castle arrived in the air in front of the village a bright blur of light appeared in front of it. After the light faded away a figure with a sword and a sword spirit. The sword spirit opened her mouth and a childish voice amplified enough so that everyone near the village can hear it rang out.

 

"Here speaks the Sword forged by the gods, the Hero's Sword, Mytheria. I am here together with my master, the hero, and shall free this village from the grasps of war on behalf of my master. To those of you who are responsible for imprisoning this village and the force that back them, there are two options for you.

 

"One. You yield and I'll let you go if you are a simple soldier. Two. You die to my blade. Those that have ordered to capture this village will die unless they come out now to agree to become my master's subordinate in contract." Pressure weighed down on the soldiers.

 

Most soldiers dropped their weapons and fled in panic after facing the pressure. A lot have passed out from fear or were standing in place and shocked. It's not surprising if you take the overwhelming pressure and the castle that is flying in the air into consideration.

 

A villager woman on the streets in front of her broken-down house however looked up with tears in her eyes. It was Elayna's mother that saw her daughter alive and healthy flying above their village after she suddenly disappeared a day ago.

 

After looking at the sword in her daughter's hand and seeing the soldiers struggling under its pressure, her heart was filled with pride, anticipation, and care, but also fear.

 

"Please don't get hurt, honey." She said in a low voice

 

============

 

(This Story should only be available for free on Webnovel.com (Hikoro_Malia) or Scribblehub.com (Hiken). There is no reason to pirate. If you do, it would help me much more if you read it on one of the two above-mentioned sites.)

I decided to throw my chapters through Grammarly before publishing them.

12