CURTAIN CALL
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

L. Moonlight here! I figured since this is the first (published) novel that I’ve ever finished, that I should probably give a few thoughts about it… Man, I feel like I’m back in school analyzing Shakespeare or something already! Haha! So, without further ado, have some profiles for every significant character in the story! (…Apart from Paul, Nicole and Joseph. Sorry, guys, you’re just not important enough.)

 

Jacqueline “Jackie” Wordsworth/Luna Wolfe

Name: Jacqueline Wordsworth

Kinkind: Luna Wolfe

Age: 19 (Jackie)

23 (Luna)

Species: Homo sapien (Jackie)

Lupine tengu (Luna)

Ability: Really good at video games (Jackie)

Can mimic the magical abilities of anyone she fights (Luna)

Likes: Reading books, writing stories, playing video games (Jackie)

Fighting, partying, being glorified (Luna)

Dislikes: Drinking banana soda, doing hard work, heights (Jackie)

Taking orders, people she considers “weak”, losing (Luna)

Author’s notes: The main character(s). When I first came up with the idea in 2019 that would eventually become Two Beings, Or Not Two Beings?, the character who would become Jackie was originally going to be vaguely based on myself, but I don’t think she ended-up being all that similar to me in the finished product. (I wish I had Jackie’s acerbic, sarcastic wit from the earlier chapters before the gravity of being in Phantasia hit her, haha!) The original idea for the story was to make a parody/deconstruction/loving homage to self-insert “Mary Sue”-type power fantasies, by showing that the average writer is nowhere near as cool as their OC is and that maybe they should be content with who they are, rather than trying to be someone they’re not. (Although the term “mary sue” still managed to make its way into the finished work. Oops, haha!) …Although that isn’t really what this story ended up being about in the end, I still think that’s a good message – It’s ok to be whoever you are, sometimes.

To that end, Luna was originally modeled after the sort of self-insert character that was prominent in many of my older (unpublished) works – powerful, confident and sort of modeled after myself, physically speaking (although I’m not a tengu, of course). Her name was even originally going to be “Laika Moonlight”, before I settled on giving all the demons and witches names based on figures from the world of theater. You might be surprised to learn, given the original nature of the story, that Luna going berserk and turning to the dark side in the final act wasn’t part of the original “deconstruction” idea. That was entirely made up for the final version! (In fact I hadn’t even planned it when I wrote the first few chapters! Haha!)

I should probably stop talking about the beta version, and talk about the finalized versions of these characters, huh? Sorry…

I made Jackie a bit of a geek for no reason other than that I have a fondness for geeky characters. And in fact, I’m quite geeky as well. (Although Jackie is much more of a bookworm than I am. Haha!) Now that I think about it, I’m also a gamer just like Jackie. …Y’know, on second thought, maybe there is still a bit of me in Jackie after all?

I chose London as her hometown because I’m really close with a few English people, and I must admit I’m rather fond of their way of talking. Words like “trousers” and “lift” just sound cooler, I guess?

 

Maryanne-Susan “Mary-Sue” Webber/Sumire “M.S. Webber” Shakespeare

Name: Maryanne-Susan Webber

Kinkind: Sumire Shakespeare

Age: 18 at time of disappearance (Maryanne)

58 (Sumire)

Species: Homo sapien (Maryanne)

Unspecified demon species (Sumire)

Ability: None (Maryanne)

Can create purple vortexes to use as teleporters or to erase space (Sumire)

Likes: Writing, playing pretend, cosplaying (Maryanne)

Cats, sleeping, drinking alcohol (Sumire)

Dislikes: Paying attention, school, eating licorice (Maryanne)

Being bored, hangovers, cold weather (Sumire)

Author’s notes: Oh, poor Sumire. She was originally more heroic in the initial idea for the story, but as I sat down to write Two Beings she ended up becoming more of an antihero or perhaps even slightly villainous. Behind her aloof and nonchalant antics, I feel Sumire is actually highly crafty and intelligent. Those are my favorite kinds of characters to write. One minute she could be accidentally flashing her striped underpants to someone, the next she could be brutally killing them in cold blood, and that unpredictability is both humorous and keeps you on the edge of your seat!

I have a feeling that Sumire is pretty well-known in Phantasia, thanks to the Witch Games (which I will elaborate on more if I ever write a sequel). Not so much to the level that she’d be a celebrity (at-least not in the eyes of the human population, anyways), but just enough that the residents would eventually start to notice that Kuro was targeting her specifically. She’s the demon that even other demons speak ill of and is probably the focus of more than a few Phantasian urban-legends.

Initially, I had imagined Maryanne as being Chloe’s much younger sister, but by making them twins I thought they’d better serve as a parallel to Jackie and Sarah. She’s an aspiring author who has written her fair share of trashy “so-bad-it’s-good” fantasy stories, so I suppose she actually resembles me in that regard? (Plus, I mean, c’mon, who WOULDN’T want that violet-print mini dress? I’d rock that look! Haha!)

Since the scenes with Maryanne and Chloe together took place during the 1980s, Maryanne would be the same age as Sumire by now, although even as the author I’m not sure whether or not she actually aged while Sumire had control of their body? Who needs anti-aging cream when you can just spend 30 odd years in the Unconscious Zone? Haha! I originally intended to give Two Beings the subtitle “My Favorite Author is an Interdimensional Witch” since it wasn’t originally going to be a plot twist that M.S. Webber and Sumire were the same being (or not the same being).

One last thing to note: Kabuki was totally right, by the way, when he said Sumire “was and still is the single evilest being in all Phantasia”. Although how she came to Phantasia may always be a mystery…

 

Jun Webber/Katherine Genet

Name: Jun Webber

Kinkind: Katherine Genet

Age: 20 at the beginning of the story, 21 as of the final chapter (Jun)

29 (Katherine)

Species: Homo sapien (Jun)

Nekomata (Katherine)

Ability: Can run slightly faster than most people (Jun)

Can disable the magical abilities of everyone else in Phantasia for about five minutes at a time (Katherine)

Likes: Watching and playing sports, serving Sumire, Jackie (Jun and Katherine)

Dislikes: Wearing athletic bloomers, violence, tasting sweet flavors (Jun and Katherine)

Author’s notes: From the very earliest stages of planning for Two Beings, I always knew that I wanted to give Jackie both a love-interest and a fellow kinkind warrior to mentor her, so I combined both roles into one and Katherine was born. As Sumire’s chief maid, Katherine serves to, well, serve, in addition to keep her master’s morals in-check. Although Katherine is loyal to a fault, she has no problem calling out some of Sumire’s more questionable actions. Since witches in popular culture tend to have black cats for familiars, I made Katherine and Kitty cat girls.

The reason she talks in the third person is because, just like British-English, I’m really fond of that manner of speaking. In all the stories I’ve written over the years, I’ve always said that I’d one day commit to having a main character talk in the third person, so here we are.

I feel Jun was probably the first of the many summoners Sumire recruited to help her out. At first she just wanted maids and butlers, but Kuro’s appearance necessitated future humans that Sumire spirited away to become warriors instead. I purposefully kept it vague as to when Sumire met Jun as well as Kitty’s summoner and also when Kuro first started her attack (not because I wanted it to be a mystery, but because I’m terrible with dates. Haha). I feel Maryanne was still in control of Sumire when she met Jun. I don’t think the same can be said about when she met Kitty’s summoner.

Also, I designed Katherine to be “waifu” material – the French maid outfit, the cat ears and tails, you name it. I never really understood waifus myself, so I hope I did a good job.

 

Noh Hiraoka

Name: Noh Hiraoka

Kinkind: N/A

Age: 21

Species: Werewolf

Ability: Can turn his entire body or parts of it into that of a wolf on nights with a full Moon

Likes: Flirting, going on dates, partying

Dislikes: Daytime, thinking “too much”, wearing clothes

Author’s notes: I figured Jackie wasn’t the only one who needed a love-interest, so I gave Luna and Kabuki the same crush, in order to add some melodrama to the story. I struggled to figure-out what kind of guy both Luna and Kabuki would crush on, so I just settled on giving Noh an open shirt, big muscles and a flirty personality – a fairly generic “hot guy”-type character. Or, at least I think he’s hot? (I’m asexual, so I can’t really tell. Haha!) He’s definitely not the smartest person in Two Beings, but that doesn’t really matter.

Demons (including witches) and humans tend to avoid each other in Phantasia, but since Noh is a werewolf who looks human most of the time, he’s managed to become friends (and maybe more) with humans and demons alike. Most of the guests at Noh’s parties are basically just various guys and gals that he dated at some point or other, haha!

At one point, I considered having him get Luna pregnant, but I’m not sure I wanted to try figuring out if a zygote in a womb would carry over whenever Luna turned back into Jackie or not. At that point, it would become a question of “three beings, or maybe just two beings, I guess?” Haha! Perhaps if I write a sequel, I can try to figure out the answer to that question?

 

Chloe Webber/Kuro “Lady Kuro” Shakespeare

Name: Chloe Webber

Kinkind: Kuro Shakespeare

Age: 18 at time of disappearance (Chloe)

58 (Kuro)

Species: Homo sapien (Chloe)

Unspecified demon species (Kuro)

Ability: None (Chloe)

Can create black holes to use as teleporters or to erase space (Kuro)

Likes: Theater, writing plays, listening to prog rock (Chloe and Kuro)

Dislikes: Maryanne/Sumire, people who don’t take things seriously [other than professional comedians], Jackie/Luna (Chloe and Kuro)

Author’s notes: One of the very first ideas I had for Two Beings was the line “All Phantasia’s but a stage, and all the men and women merely mine players” which is why the main driving force behind the plot turned out to be some angry thespian. I know that Kuro wasn’t originally conceived as being Sumire’s sister, but I cannot for the life of me remember when or how I came up with that idea. But all that matters now is that it was a pretty cool idea, right? Speaking of differences between the original plan for Two Beings compared to the final novel, Kuro was originally intended to be the “last boss” rather than Luna, but the idea of having the main protagonist be the twist villain was too compelling for me to ignore, haha! On a sadder note, in the very early stages of the manuscript, Jackie was going to somehow end up travelling back in time and fixing Kuro’s audition disaster so that she could have a happy ending too. Another early idea was that Maryanne/Sumire created Phantasia, and that that would be the reason why Kuro wanted to destroy it so badly. I think now that the only reason she wants to make everyone else’s life miserable is so that they can feel the same way that she does.

But enough talking about beta elements! Let’s talk “Chloe”! Chloe is a geek, but a different kind to Jackie. Whereas Jackie’s into fantasy and video games, Chloe’s moreso into theater and the arts. I’m sure Chloe’s theatrical dialogue isn’t one-hundred-percent accurate Shakespearean English, but it was super fun to write regardless. I too like to sprinkle my writing with fanciful English. (Just look at all the alternatives to “said” that I used in this very novel, for example.) Also just like Chloe, I was denied access to the college course that I wanted, although unalike Chloe, I ended-up just taking (and dropping-out of) a different major, rather than running away to a fantasy world. I imagine Kuro would’ve been even more spiteful and angry if Chloe actually did end up going to drama school rather than being denied entry. I mean, college certainly made me a more bitter person… Part of the reason that I even came up with the idea for Two Beings in the first place was just to prove my college professors wrong when they said that I couldn’t write a story without their teachings, haha!

If not for the fact the Kuro made her familiars do most of her dirty work, she would’ve probably become a mary sue just like her sister with the exact same power as hers. All “play” and no work keeps Chloe a dull girl. Chloe couldn’t have herself losing all her memories like Sumire did, otherwise she might forget about wanting revenge against Maryanne! Although that does make me wonder what Kuro, Katherine and Kabuki’s personalities would’ve been if they had become mary sues and wrote over their summoners’ personalities… The “original” Kuro (the OC that Chloe channeled in the first place) wasn’t even Chloe’s character. Chloe just took her from one of Maryanne’s stories, haha!

I’ll let my readers come to their own conclusions about any possible connections between the character of Jacqueline from Chloe’s play in-universe and the character Jacqueline Wordsworth, the main protagonist of this novel.

 

Joutarou Sugimori/Kabuki Mishima

Name: Joutarou Sugimori

Kinkind: Kabuki Mishima

Age: 16 at time of disappearance (Joutarou)

~25 (Kabuki)

Species: Homo sapien (Joutarou)

Cyclops (Kabuki)

Ability: None (Joutarou)

Can shoot laser beams from his eye which act as projectile weapons (Kabuki)

Likes: Drinking coffee, Noh, sleeping (Joutarou and Kabuki)

Dislikes: Jackie, Luna, Vladimir (Joutarou and Kabuki)

Author’s notes: I feel a lot of people probably aren’t gonna like Kabuki. I totally get that, he’s a massive jerk. But, on the other hand, everyone he ever met apart from Noh was just using him for their own gain or telling him how he should act, so he came to dislike other people/demons. Now that I think about it, his crush on Noh and the lengths he goes to try and have Noh to himself are kinda “yandere-ish”, which is a trope I myself really dislike. He even has an “edgy” backstory typical of most yanderes. Oops, haha…

As I mentioned earlier, I kept how long ago it was that Kuro started attacking Phantasia somewhat vague, so I don’t know how old Joutarou would’ve been when he died. The beard implies he’s aged since first coming to Phantasia, and that’s because he frequently turns back to his true form when no one else is around, much like Katherine does with Jun. Although unalike Katherine, I don’t think he was in any danger of becoming a mary sue. Shooting a laser from your eye is probably too situational to really become overpowered.

I’d say Kabuki is probably the character who changed the most from the original idea for Two Beings. Originally he had no relation to Vladimir and was a lot closer to Noh, rather than just being a secret admirer who happened to get a party invite. I originally planned for him to be a Dullahan rather than a Cyclops, but I thought that having one eye would be a more distinct and recognizable design than not having a neck. …Although now that I think about it, I could’ve gone the route of giving him a jack-o’-lantern for a head instead? He was also going to survive in the original script, but I thought it’d be deliciously ironic if he was killed by Vladimir’s firearm after he helped Kuro kill the police officer.

Also, Jackie struggling to figure out how to use his kotatsu’s built-in heater came from me trying to look up how they worked when writing that scene. To this day, I still have no idea how the electric heaters in kotatsu work… Is there a switch or a motion sensor or what? Haha!

 

Arthur King/Excalibur Aristophanes

Name: Arthur King

Kinkind: Excalibur Aristophanes

Age: 19 (Arthur)

35 (Excalibur)

Species: Homo sapien (Arthur)

Dragon (Excalibur)

Ability: Has really good luck (Arthur)

Can breathe fire, although he prefers to use hand-to-hand (or sword-to-sword) combat (Excalibur)

Likes: Drinking tea, Jackie, playing golf (Arthur)

Hand-to-hand combat, serving Lady Kuro, his own reflection (Excalibur)

Dislikes: Dirty things, eating meat, bad hair days (Arthur)

Underhandedness, impoliteness, facing defeat (Excalibur)

Author’s notes: In contrast to Kabuki, Arthur King is probably the character who changed the least from the original concept. He was always some lucky posh kid who won the lottery, and the description of his physical appearance is a one-for-one translation of the first design I came up with. On the other hand, Excalibur changed quite a lot. For a start, he was originally female, was a tsukumogami sword rather than a dragon and his name was, of course, not a theater reference yet. He was always totally vain and full of himself, though.

The contrast between Excalibur’s vanity, gentlemanliness and love of battle creates a nice juxtaposition, I’d say. He views everyone apart from his Lady Kuro as inferior, but he’d never admit as such because he’s too polite. I feel the reason he still chose to follow Kuro’s orders after taking over Arthur’s body is because she compliments him and feeds his massive ego. I honestly don’t think he even cares about the fact that Sumire ruined Kuro’s play, haha!

I think Excalibur probably has dragon wings and a tail under his armor, but I never really thought about it while writing the story. In fact, it wasn’t until writing this character profile that I even considered what kind of demon he was. I just picked a dragon because of the literary link between them and knights. (Perhaps I should’ve settled on what kind of demons Sumire and Kuro are as well…? Perhaps they’re succubi? That seems sorta fitting. Haha!)

 

Vladimir “Vlad” Chekhov

Name: Vladimir Chekhov

Kinkind: N/A

Age: 666

Species: Devil

Ability: Can shoot targets with his Magic Gun at one-hundred-percent accuracy

Likes: Drinking coffee, peace and quiet, napping

Dislikes: Sumire, villainy, the number four

Author’s notes: Hey, did you know that in certain English dialects that the word for “demon” is a colloquialism for “police officer” (apparently)? Of course, the etymology is completely unrelated, but it’s a pretty funny coincidence considering the existence of a demon police officer in my novel, right? I thought I’d get that out of the way first, rather than derailing my author’s notes later down the line with that useless tidbit.

A famous author/playwright once said that if you mention a gun in act one of your story, it absolutely must go off in act two or three. I think Luna officially crossed the line into full-on villainy when she fired Vladimir’s gun that she obtained in the first act at Kabuki during the final act, so I’d say that that definitely holds true here too! In general, I think Vladimir embodies the essence of foreshadowing and “Chekhov’s gun” really well. He mentions early on in the story that two unrelated demons having the same ability is unheard of, in relation to Sumire and Kuro’s ability. Lo and behold, Sumire and Kuro turn out to be biologically related to one another. His death also serves to show what happens when demons leave Phantasia, which ends up being super important to the final act. I absolutely love foreshadowing, since it’s super fun to write and it gives bonus enjoyment when rereading/rewatching/replaying your favorite stories to see how many instances there were of such that you never noticed the first time around.

Vladimir is pretty famous around Phantasia, being that he’s a well-respected policeman and all. As such, he’s formed relationships with many of the fantasy land’s inhabitants. I feel he used to be closer with Kabuki, but they had a falling out at some point over something or other and their relationship never fully recovered. He’s probably always found Sumire’s friendly, excitable front to be annoying, since he likes peace and quiet. Plus, he definitely knows what Sumire’s really like, so he’d prefer that she just acted like a mustache-twirling cartoon villain rather than trying to hide who she really is. He and Marissa were definitely a couple.

To be perfectly honest, I did consider making him a vampire, since the name Vlad is often associated with them, but I decided against it, since he’s often seen outside during daylight hours, which isn’t very vampire-like.

 

Unknown human/Kitty Genet

Name: Unknown

Kinkind: Kitty Genet

Age: Unknown (human)

9 (Kitty)

Species: Homo sapien (human)

Bakeneko (Kitty)

Ability: Unknown, likely none (human)

Can move any non-living object with her mind (Kitty)

Likes: Unknown (human)

Playing house, drinking hot chocolate, watching children’s cartoons (Kitty)

Dislikes: Unknown (human)

Insects, tasting bitter flavors, eating fruit and vegetables (Kitty)

Author’s notes: Ah, Kitty… I feel I sort of ignored her for the first two acts, but I think the last act made up for that a little, right? If I ever write a sequel to Two Beings, I definitely want an older Kitty to be the main protagonist the next time around. There’s just so much potential for a character we know so little about. I’d definitely want to expand on her life before becoming Kitty as well, since her summoner is a complete mystery to everyone except Sumire and Katherine. Even Kitty herself doesn’t know anything about them! I was half-tempted not to even put the summoner’s details in this character profile, since we know so little about them, but I decided to anyway, for completeness’s sake.

Kitty’s psychic powers were actually a last minute addition. Since Jun mentioned that Kitty’s summoner used to be like himself and Jackie, that meant that Kitty had to be a mary sue, so I had to come up with some power that justified that idea, so I went with psychic powers, which is always the first ability I think of when I hear “overpowered”. I decided she shouldn’t be able to use them on living things though, since I wanted a reason that Sumire wouldn’t let her join Luna in the battle against Kuro (other than just the fact that Kitty’s still only a child). Other candidates I had in mind for Kitty’s ability were freezing time for everyone but herself or summoning deities to fight for her. But abilities like that are probably better suited for villains, since I much prefer writing overpowered villains as opposed to Mary Sue protagonists. (Although you wouldn’t think that after reading a novel that I wrote where all the protagonists are literally called “mary sues”, haha!)

Lastly, I want to point out that Katherine and Kitty are completely unrelated to one another. The fact that they share a surname is just a complete coincidence in-universe.

 

Sarah Wordsworth

Name: Sarah Wordsworth

Kinkind: N/A

Age: 19

Species: Homo sapien

Ability: Really good at video games

Likes: Playing video games, drinking banana soda, her family

Dislikes: Reading books, sleeping on the couch, her apartment

Author’s notes: Sarah is Jackie’s twin sister, as well as her roommate. Although I originally planned to base Jackie on myself, I ended up basing Sarah on myself instead. Well, considering how similar we are to one another, you could say that Sarah is also based on my best-friend, roommate and fellow author Jade, AKA “Kuromaru”. (And here is where I’ll put the obligatory shout out to their novel Tales of Virtual Shopkeeper, because they will never let me hear the end of it, if I don’t. Haha!)

She and Jackie only recently moved out of their parents’ house, so that one-bed apartment is the best accommodation that they can currently afford. As Jackie’s still in college, Sarah is the one who provides for the twins financially. I didn’t really consider what sort of job she has actually (or what Jackie’s studying in college), so feel free to headcanon Sarah as working any minimum-wage job you’d like, haha!

Since I never actually mentioned it in the narration, Sarah was wearing a red-and-white-striped tank-top with white jeans during the third act.

I had originally intended to actually include the “welcome home” party that Sarah and her parents threw for Jackie within the story itself, but Act 3 – Resolution (Part 10) was getting quite long, so I thought it would be best if I cut it for time. Speaking of her parents, Nicole and Joseph Wordsworth were pretty much last-minute additions to the story. I originally considered the idea of Sarah looking for Jackie on her own, but I decided since Jackie and Sarah are still on good terms with their parents that it wouldn’t make sense for Sarah not to tell them that her sister went missing.

I feel the reason that Sarah doesn’t know Jackie’s best-friend very well is that Jackie and Arthur met in college or something. I dunno, it’s not really important, haha!

 

Natasha Pushkin/Rusalka Dvořák

Name: Natasha Pushkin

Kinkind: Rusalka Dvořák

Age: 28 (Natasha and Rusalka)

Species: Homo sapien (Natasha)

Water sprite (Rusalka)

Ability: None (Natasha)

Can control and manipulate all forms of water including ice and clouds (Rusalka)

Likes: Serving customers, money, taking moonlit walks (Natasha)

Causing other people pain, swimming, swimsuits (Rusalka)

Dislikes: Rude customers, putting on weight, the UK government (Natasha)

Other people’s laughter, casual attire, animals (Rusalka)

Author’s notes: Although I said Arthur is probably the closest to the original concept I came up with for his character, Rusalka is a pretty close second. Aside from being renamed from "Rusa" to "Rusalka" (because I lack subtlety, I guess), Rusalka is virtually unchanged from her original foundation. She had a sadistic personality added during the fight with Luna but that’s about it, in terms of changes from the first draft. Speaking of which, binding Luna with chains and getting her clothes wet definitely excited Rusalka more than it probably should’ve, haha! Maybe it excited you, too? An author can hope…

Natasha the Ye Olde Corner Shoppe cashier wasn’t originally going to be Rusalka’s summoner, but I needed someone to introduce the concept of the Unconscious Zone (which was originally named the “Aura Zone” since kinkind were called “auras” in the first draft) and the cashier was the only pre-established character other than Sarah who I could possibly put in there.

Although Rusalka is referred to only as a water sprite, she is specifically a demon known as a rusalka, although I refrained from using that name in the narration to prevent confusion. Rusalki are basically undead succubus mermaids, made famous by one of two operas, both simply titled “Rusalka”. Rusalki, and ghosts in general, are some of my favorite types of fantasy creatures to write about, so Rusalka’s inclusion in this story was just some self-fanservice, haha!

I originally wanted Rusalka to have a musical number, although I was worried, since webnovels aren’t an audio-visual medium, that it would just come off like she was reciting poetry, or something.

 

Marissa Keane

Name: Marissa Keane

Kinkind: N/A

Age: 21

Species: Minotaur

Ability: Can use magic at a greater capacity than most other demons

Likes: Eating food, drinking beer, comedy

Dislikes: Watching romantic movies, being hit on, the dark

Author’s notes: Marissa is a really fun character to write, so it’s such a shame that she exited the story so soon, and with having done so little to boot. Being a minotaur and wearing a Holstein cow-patterned bikini, Marissa is a rather literal interpretation of the term “cowgirl”. Perhaps I was “milking” it by giving her a stereotypical cowboy voice and boots though? Haha!

Marissa is a total powerhouse – courageous, athletic and she has a powerful ability to boot. If she were a kinkind, she’d definitely be a mary sue! Since Vladimir was her superior, she was probably happy to be the center of attention while he was off guarding the border. Unalike Luna, who wanted to become powerful to earn the respect of the citizens of Phantasia, Marissa was the exact opposite – she trained to earn her power and always wanted the respect of others. Of course, Marissa earned that respect by acting kind and friendly to every human and demon that she met. (And perhaps her good looks earned her the “respect” of some people too?) Realistically speaking, despite her promise to Jackie, Sumire probably would’ve let Luna have control of their body forever if she tried to earn respect the same way that Marissa did rather than forcing people to “bow before her”.

I’m sure all the “fashion” people are probably gonna cringe reading this, but, honestly, a bikini with chaps as a look is something I think more people should try wearing. Fashion is too boring these days. Wearing a swimsuit as casual wear is seriously underrated.

0